Stratovarius will tour Europe with Mystic Prophecy!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Ragehead91
Stratovarius will tour Europe with Mystic Prophecy!

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 pm

New Shows of Mystic Prophecy for 2010 confirmed.
Mystic Prophecy will come to Europe with Stratovarius. Please check our Tourdates Section. Also we are still working on more Shows for 2010!
07. Januar 2010 - Zeche - Bochum, Germany (Ruhrpott)
08. Januar 2010 - Hof ter Lo - Antwerp, Belgium
09. Januar 2010 - Melkweg - Amsterdam, Netherlands
10. Januar 2010 - Garage - London, UK
12. Januar 2010 - Elysee - Paris, France
13. Januar 2010 - Le Bikini - Toulouse, France
15. Januar 2010 - La Riviera - Madrid, Spain
16. Januar 2010 - Rockstar Live - Bilbao, Spain (Euskadi/Basquia)
17. Januar 2010 - Razzmatazz 1 - Barcelona, Spain (Catalunya)
19. Januar 2010 - Transbordeur - Lyon, France
20. Januar 2010 - Z 7 - Pratteln, Switzerland
21. Januar 2010 - Alcatraz - Milan, Italy
Interessting choice I have to say. Stratovarius representing the, for the lack of a better term, lighter style of Power Metal and Mystic Prophecy representing the heavier style of Power Metal.

icecab21

Re: Stratovarius will tour Europe with Mystic Prophecy!

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 pm

tours in the usa have even more interesting choices. we get lucky if there the band has clean vocals or even uses trebble

Dave

Post by Dave » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:30 pm

FUCK IT I'm not there :x :cry:
Spamming is serious business!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:38 am

I don't know that band but I will go to Madrid to see Strato. What about this band? It is a good one?

EDIT: I have checked in youtube, sounds good.

EDIT 2 : sounds really good and the guitarrist have a lot of talent.

EDIT 3: I think I'm gonna buy the new album.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:34 am

stratovarius does songs like "celestial dream", MP does songs like "we kill! you die!"

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:33 am

icecab21 wrote:stratovarius does songs like "celestial dream", MP does songs like "we kill! you die!"
Yes, that seems, but the songs are great.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:58 am

the music is cool, they just have some song titles nanowar wishes they dreamed up.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:45 am

:lol: . Anyway, a bit strange to see this kind of lyrics mixed with Stratovarius.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:45 pm

I didn't know Mystic Prophecy so I searched them on YouTube. I have to say I don't like it at all... Hope they play a short set in January! :P

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:24 pm

icecab21 wrote:the music is cool, they just have some song titles nanowar wishes they dreamed up.
Have you read their lyrics? Belive it or not, their singer is actually christian :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:00 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
icecab21 wrote:the music is cool, they just have some song titles nanowar wishes they dreamed up.
Have you read their lyrics? Belive it or not, their singer is actually christian :lol:
Yup, I can confirm that for sure!

I know the Mystic Prophecy guys pretty well (RD Liapakis produced our albums, and guitarist Constantine is actually half Cypriot :D ) so I'm very happy about seeing them live in London! (I'm chuffed enough about seeing Strato, but this is delicious metal icing on the metal cake, so to speak) They're really cool and personable guys and their music totally rocks, heavy and headbanging and catchy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpNxHkvJ9Z8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpNxHkvJ9Z8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perfect contrast to Strato's music and what a way to set the tone for the evening. They put on a monster of a live show too.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 am

RazielSR wrote:I don't know that band but I will go to Madrid to see Strato. What about this band? It is a good one?

EDIT: I have checked in youtube, sounds good.

EDIT 2 : sounds really good and the guitarrist have a lot of talent.

EDIT 3: I think I'm gonna buy the new album.
A very common chain of thoughts from people who encounter MP for the first time :D

Yeah, Constantine can really shred that guitar :shock:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 am

Seriously, I like a lot how Constantine plays. He use that agressivity mixed with melodic parts and the result is really good. And Liapakis sings really good. This band is a good surprise to me.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:28 pm

RazielSR wrote:Seriously, I like a lot how Constantine plays. He use that agressivity mixed with melodic parts and the result is really good. And Liapakis sings really good. This band is a good surprise to me.
RD sure has a good hand for guitarists. No one of the guys he picked has to hide behind Gus G. Especially not Constantine.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah, the promoters or whoever have brought these two bands together seemingly have not thought of a lyrically thematic entity. Mystic Prophecy seems to be one of those many who seem to think that lyrics don't matter, only melodies, and those are very much towards Stratovarius (well, power metal). In fact, some people might find MP a very tasteless opener even. I hope no-one gets offended though. In fact, for me this makes a great lyrical contrast, but I'm pretty open-minded myself. Not that I can pay much attention to unknown band's lyrics on live shows anyway.

I think it's no big thing these days if a singer is Christian or not. Heck, I'm Evangelical Lutheran myself, like 70% of Finns or so... I have never seen Christianity as a big thing in heavy metal in general, maybe only in some extremities.

Btw, is Mystic Prophecy one of those former Gus G.'s bands? I have a hunch it might be... But I'm too lazy to check from the net. :D <edit> Nevermind, managed to read earlier posts...
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

foerg

Post by foerg » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:53 pm

i wonder what band will open for strato in munich...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:28 am

Intiaani wrote:Yeah, the promoters or whoever have brought these two bands together seemingly have not thought of a lyrically thematic entity. Mystic Prophecy seems to be one of those many who seem to think that lyrics don't matter, only melodies, and those are very much towards Stratovarius (well, power metal). In fact, some people might find MP a very tasteless opener even. I hope no-one gets offended though. In fact, for me this makes a great lyrical contrast, but I'm pretty open-minded myself. Not that I can pay much attention to unknown band's lyrics on live shows anyway.

I think it's no big thing these days if a singer is Christian or not. Heck, I'm Evangelical Lutheran myself, like 70% of Finns or so... I have never seen Christianity as a big thing in heavy metal in general, maybe only in some extremities.

Btw, is Mystic Prophecy one of those former Gus G.'s bands? I have a hunch it might be... But I'm too lazy to check from the net. :D <edit> Nevermind, managed to read earlier posts...
Nah, MP are a really entertaining band and will warm up the crowd very well I think. Lots of headbanging riffs, catchy singalong choruses and awesome melodies. Not really tasteless I think!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:02 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Intiaani wrote:Yeah, the promoters or whoever have brought these two bands together seemingly have not thought of a lyrically thematic entity. Mystic Prophecy seems to be one of those many who seem to think that lyrics don't matter, only melodies, and those are very much towards Stratovarius (well, power metal). In fact, some people might find MP a very tasteless opener even. I hope no-one gets offended though. In fact, for me this makes a great lyrical contrast, but I'm pretty open-minded myself. Not that I can pay much attention to unknown band's lyrics on live shows anyway.

Nah, MP are a really entertaining band and will warm up the crowd very well I think. Lots of headbanging riffs, catchy singalong choruses and awesome melodies. Not really tasteless I think!
I think Intiaani was reffering to their lyrics? And I can see how someone who is very religious, christian to be exact, might could get offended by them. But chances are you won't find such people at a Stratovarius gigs.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah but seriously, compared to many other bands out there, MP's lyrics are pretty tame. And as you said, the demographic to usually attend Stratovarius shows is unlikely to be offended by such things.