JENS YOU SON OF A BITCH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
NeverendingAbyss
JENS YOU SON OF A BITCH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Early next year a new epic of Tobias Sammet's Avantasia project will be released in two chapters: "The Wicked Symphony" and "Angel Of Babylon". Tobias is in the studio right now, working with producer Sascha Paeth on this new "Rock Opera" which is starring musicians like Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Ripper Owens (ex-Judas Priest), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Bob Catley (Magnum), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Eric Singer (KISS), Felix Bohnke (Edguy), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody) and some more that will be announced soon.

The most recent contribution comes from the guy who is known amongst Metal fans all over the world as one of the best neo-classical keyboarders in the world. He was the keyboard player who fought duels with Yngwie Malmsteen at the speed of light in the eighties, he played with Ronnie James Dio, he is a key member of Stratovarius and early next year the arrowy solo skills of his fingers can be heard on the next chapter of Avantasia: Ladies and gentlemen, from Sweden, the one and only Mr. Jens Johansson!

Tobias says: "I've known Jens for years now, there has always been a friendship between Edguy and Stratovarius. We became friends when Jens was playing in the solo band of Timo Kotipelto when they joined Edguy for a tour of South America some years ago. We got shitfaced on several occasions and Jens always captured any possible embarrassment with his Powershot G5. He's a genius on his instrument -and beyond- and the stuff he played for me sounds amazing. A lot of people can shred and play fast, but unlike most of them every note that Jens plays is tasteful and exactly where it belongs. I don't know if he is the fastest keyboarder in the world, but I'd like to think so, at least I have never heard a faster one. You gotta check it out..."
YAY!!!! It was totally unexpected! :D

ggonza43

Re: JENS YOU SON OF A BITCH CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Now that's something very unexpected :D!!! I'm jumping everywhere :bounce2:. I'm now gonna definitelly wait for the next Avantasia album :D!!
|StratoFan Forever|

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:21 pm

LOL, with the all caps, and title of the topic, I thought Jens had became a father! :D But, this is great news, too. Congrats, Jens on a terrific career move! :bigok:

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:43 pm

:) Congrats Sammet!!Excellent choice !!The Best!!

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:41 am

Well, now that's an unexpected, but pleasant surprise. I knew about the vocalists but hadn't heard any news about other musicians. I've been very much looking forward to this new Advantasia, especially with the additions of Russell Allen and Klaus Meine. Now there's even more to anticipate.

On a side note, since his name was mentioned, I am sincerely pulling for Ronnie J. Dio to make a full recovery. In case you don't know read here. He is not only a remarkable talent, but a supremely genuine and kind individual.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:19 am

Good to hear about Jens joining the next Avantasia projects. Will be very very interesting. :)

On the other hand it's sad to hear Dio is in bad shape. Good that it's in the early stages, so it's still curable. All the best, Dio is definitely one of the Kings too!
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:22 am

Congratulations? did he win the lottery or something?

Sammet is the lucky one for having Jens in the new Avantasia

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:43 am

:) I'd congratulate all those musicians who made it in Avantasia. He will be among the best!

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:46 am

I've ALWAYS wanted to hear Jens in Avantasia. This just made my day. This album can't come out soon enough. I've very anxious to hear what he brings to the mix. Congrats, Jens!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:46 am

this is about friends and music, not about who is "lucky"

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:58 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, I'm starting to believe again in BonJoSammet!

What a wonderful choice, with Jens and Allen, for me: sold.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:05 pm

RazielSR wrote:What a wonderful choice, with Jens and Allen, for me: sold.
Seconded.

I enjoyed The Scarecrow, but it seems that the new albums are going to be closer to Metal Operas. 8)

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:35 pm

icecab21 wrote:this is about friends and music, not about who is "lucky"
so there's nobody to say "congratulations" to, and that's my point, actually

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:07 am

hmmm... never listened to avantasia maybe will give it a listen due to jens.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:28 pm

emperor_black wrote:Congratulations? did he win the lottery or something?

Sammet is the lucky one for having Jens in the new Avantasia
Of course, we know. At least I know that the lucky man here is Sammet for having Jens in Avantasia, the same with Allen or others. And the main thing in Avantasia, apart of creating good music, is to sell albums. For example, I will buy the album just for Jens and Allen, not for Sammet or the rest. And other people will buf the album for the rest, others for everybody. That's the point in this kind of projects.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Balu

Post by Balu » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Sounds good.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:31 pm

is to sell albums
As supposed to the albums made with the intention of not selling copies?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:48 pm

icecab21 wrote:
is to sell albums
As supposed to the albums made with the intention of not selling copies?
Who said that?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 pm

And the main thing in Avantasia, apart of creating good music, is to sell album
Who said that?
i think the post was from RazielSR

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:38 pm

So, if I say this:
And the main thing in Avantasia, apart of creating good music, is to sell albums
Tell me, why do you say that I said that the Avantasia album was not created to sell copies?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:05 am

i did not say that you said that, i said all albums are made to sell copies.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:26 am

icecab21 wrote:i did not say that you said that, i said all albums are made to sell copies.
not true, Chinese Democracy was released so Axl Rose could tell his Ex just how much he really hated her.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 am

All albums are a feature of trade, sometimes its music for time sometimes is music for money, and sometimes it’s a combination of features in the trade. all music is in this way sold to oneself or to others

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Wha... the same topic?
Close one D:
Why 2?
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:42 pm

icecab21 wrote:All albums are a feature of trade, sometimes its music for time sometimes is music for money, and sometimes it’s a combination of features in the trade. all music is in this way sold to oneself or to others
No matter the intentions of the band releasing an album, even if they deny, one of the reason is to win money. Let's face it
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:01 pm

Money is neutral, really not sure why people bring it up like its some big thing if people want to trade one thing for another with another person. I think it’s the ends that count the most and how the money gets used and who the money flows to. I’m sure people would be just fine with getting the desired good or service rather than the neutral money, but the money allows for a person tout the trade into true goals. Money is also, one of the least concerns in some projects. The social gain or self satisfaction from making the music can also be considered for money with money being not legal tender, but a reward for an action. I think the bands and guys show they are not all about money by touring in places that don't maximize profits. These guys can put concerts on for thousands yet they choose to give concerts in places where they can only get a few fans. I think that shows the dedication to music that they have. There is the hope that they break through when they tour, but that they take the risk is a sign that they won't just take the easy way out and work in the most profitable of conditions.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:Wha... the same topic?
Close one D:
Why 2?
:) I can explain.
Time quantum in Maryland is different than Oregon, or whatever place the guy who opened the other thread is located. Apparently the speed of neural impulses made by our shaky hands were not coordinated, making a 2-thread effect. In this process, we can observe Venezuela_Boy chuckling, while Avatar Thief takes another step towards his mischievous stealing. Einstein's theory of relatively supports the argument when I say there is something going on outside: ten minutes away from a brown box. They say it is an urban legend, but I say it is real as a lost guitar somewhere in Barcelona.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:16 pm

icecab21 wrote:Money is neutral, really not sure why people bring it up like its some big thing if people want to trade one thing for another with another person. I think it’s the ends that count the most and how the money gets used and who the money flows to. I’m sure people would be just fine with getting the desired good or service rather than the neutral money, but the money allows for a person tout the trade into true goals. Money is also, one of the least concerns in some projects. The social gain or self satisfaction from making the music can also be considered for money with money being not legal tender, but a reward for an action. I think the bands and guys show they are not all about money by touring in places that don't maximize profits. These guys can put concerts on for thousands yet they choose to give concerts in places where they can only get a few fans. I think that shows the dedication to music that they have. There is the hope that they break through when they tour, but that they take the risk is a sign that they won't just take the easy way out and work in the most profitable of conditions.
Now you made me eat my words like hell!! Although in some aspects I have to disagree, in the whole you are totally right :)
|StratoFan Forever|