Something weird concerning [Stratovarius - R... R...]

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HinatAArcticA
Something weird concerning [Stratovarius - R... R...]

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 am

Ok, first of all. I don't make this topic to be moved to flames section... I know it could happen, but still I'm very curious about this and for what I know, this is sort of new... or I have not find anything about it anyways hehe... the thing goes like this.

You sure remember this:
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzRRPL0qAOg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzRRPL0qAOg&hl ... 2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Ok. In min 2:22, there's a blue rectangle that says
"11 New Songs Were Recorded"...
... wait...
11?

For what I know, Revolution Renaissance's "New Era" has only 10 songs... and so does the Strato demo.
So the questions are...
Where's that last song?... was it ever recovered on Age of Aquarius or Polaris? how was it or what happened to it? is it just forgotten?
Perhaps just Jens can answer this one </< maybe somebody else can *-*U no idea... I'm just a bit surprised because it's the first time in 2 years that I notice that extra announced song.
Or am I asking something allready been answered? *-*U
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Syren.S

Re: Something weird concerning [Stratovarius - R... R...]

Post by Syren.S » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:57 am

i think the 11st song is "revolution has begun", which Tolkki has tried to record for several times, but wasn't satisfied at last.
probably gonna appear on next RR album...
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:43 am

Polaris? :?
YOu know that there was nothing TT wrote that was on Polaris.

And yes I too think it is Revolution Has Begun.
It was supposed to be the epic.
BUt since there was some symphonic stuff and choirs coming in for it he couldn't record it on New Era.
They did it for AoA but in the lasts phase it was removed from it.

Now it is headed for the next RR record.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:16 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:Polaris? :?
YOu know that there was nothing TT wrote that was on Polaris.
D: Sorry... I thought mabye a riff or something... If I ask is because I'm ignorant and I want to stop being one.

But thx, if the 11th song is that one called "Revolution has Begun" then the doubt I had is solved hehe, but I'm still curious about it.
Tony Kakko

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 am

its probably a pretty simple answer. The song didnt make the cut. Tolkki felt that it just wasnt a song he wanted to put on the album. It happens all the time in every band, probably in most album demo sessions. Hell in my band we recently cut a song from the album because we didn't feel fit with all the other ones.

BUT usually when this happens in stratovarius they release the song as a bonus track in the Japanese version of their albums. A good example would be Run Away on Elements pt. 1. Its an AWESOME song but it didnt really fit with all the other songs on the album.

The only way you will get an absolute answer to your question is if you ask Tolkki himself. He wrote the songs and he had the final word on them. He is pretty good about answering peoples questions so it shouldnt be too hard getting an answer .

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 am

Interesting topic... Jens any idea?

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 am

I don't see any issues here. 11 were recorded but only 10 seemed to be good enough to be put on a CD. The 11th might have needed more work on it.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:09 am

The instrumental demo of that song was up in RR server, I downloaded all the demos and it was there the Revolution has begun one. Tolkki never said what happened to this song.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:57 am

RazielSR wrote:Tolkki never said what happened to this song.
i think on that video documentation TT recorded for AOA, there's a scene they all sit with some instruments and TT said "this is the fifth time we tried to record this song" or something. they were making fun of it.
so i think they give up at last, 'cos it doesn't fit the entire CD.
anyway, i'm interested in this song, and hope to see(hear) it on next RR album.
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Yes, that is true. But I don't understand how the supposed epic and long song from the album, went out. Who knows. Maybe it was just a decision from the band. Mike, that is around here sometimes, maybe could tell us something.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Jaimico

Post by Jaimico » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:49 pm

well in the past i talked to Justin and he told that Revolution has begun was recorded, he even has it with him but i dunno why it was not shown to the public
Every second of day it is coming your way

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

11 songs???

Well probably just JENS can answer this!

Where are you Jens!? :)

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 am

You see what I mean? xD
Is not like really a very important thing, but is like a little rock inside your shoe...
But I think Jens must be a little busy now :)
Or maybe he doesn't want to answer xD...
I'd ask on RR's forum, but it's still out :(
Tony Kakko

MikeKhalilov

Post by MikeKhalilov » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:06 am

RazielSR wrote:Yes, that is true. But I don't understand how the supposed epic and long song from the album, went out. Who knows. Maybe it was just a decision from the band. Mike, that is around here sometimes, maybe could tell us something.
There was nothing wrong with "Revolution Has Begun" nor was it difficult to record. Tolkki just thought it didn't "fit" on the record for some reason. Maybe because it was too Stratovarius like. There was another song as well that didn't make the cut, but I don't think we even bothered recording some of it.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Many thanks for your answer, Mike.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:43 am

MikeKhalilov wrote:There was another song as well that didn't make the cut, but I don't think we even bothered recording some of it.
Well, as far as I know, there also were about 30 written songs for Polaris. I read that here a few months ago... I think, but it's well known that many songs allways get written and just some come out. I was just curious about that 11th misterious song...
Maybe it's been lost forever... or it will come in "New Era of Aquarius"... ahm, RR's new album xP
Tony Kakko

MikeKhalilov

Post by MikeKhalilov » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:24 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
MikeKhalilov wrote:There was another song as well that didn't make the cut, but I don't think we even bothered recording some of it.
Well, as far as I know, there also were about 30 written songs for Polaris. I read that here a few months ago... I think, but it's well known that many songs allways get written and just some come out. I was just curious about that 11th misterious song...
Maybe it's been lost forever... or it will come in "New Era of Aquarius"... ahm, RR's new album xP
Generally, most song writers have a database of ideas or songs that they have written over a long period of time. Usually when it's time to write an album, I open up this folder on my computer and have so many things to choose from. You never really know what you're going to use until the production starts :)