interview with Timo K

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
StratoFabio
interview with Timo K

Post by StratoFabio » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:08 pm

taken during the Italian gig. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LgoZ1nvU_s
StratoFabio

palarmux

Re: interview with Timo K

Post by palarmux » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I hatet that they speak so differend English. Timo have bad Finnish typical Englsih :) which is still easy to understand and that other guy speaks so differend English it is some times hard to understand. Whatever that interview was great :)

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

palarmux wrote:I hatet that they speak so differend English. Timo have bad Finnish typical Englsih :) which is still easy to understand and that other guy speaks so differend English it is some times hard to understand. Whatever that interview was great :)
well...the interviewer as a strong Italian accent (comprehensibly), easier for me. I guess it's quite simple. anyway there are Italian subtitles, so if you don't understand anything feel free to ask.
StratoFabio

life-l

Post by life-l » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Awesome! thanks for the video! It's cool that Timo likes Children of bodom and Amorphis, but Nightwish??!! :omg:
sorry for my english)))

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Cool interview! TK seems to be an easygoing guy. Yes, he has good taste in music! =P Good bands he likes!

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Record company ants to release live tracks !

kameli

Post by kameli » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:05 pm

palarmux wrote:I hatet that they speak so differend English. Timo have bad Finnish typical Englsih :) which is still easy to understand and that other guy speaks so differend English it is some times hard to understand. Whatever that interview was great :)
It's funny how finnish people are always complaining about how horrible english we speak. It is just finnish accent. Anyway good interview, thank you 8)

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Love it, thanks :)

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Anyone else see the irony in this guy writing about how TK speaks bad english and he himself tells it using even worse english :roll:

(No offense)

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:13 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Anyone else see the irony in this guy writing about how TK speaks bad english and he himself tells it using even worse english :roll:

(No offense)

Noticed

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 pm

I mean we Finnish guys have bad English oftenly (not always) and no offence in it too and I think my English is bad too, I'm finnish too. Of course it's most important that your English is understandable :wink:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:18 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:

(No offense)

Not ironic, quite the opposite actually. This explains why he has a hard time understanding them, because English isn't his first language ether.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm

can't understand why someone would be surprised about timo liking nightwish, its very simular music that it seems natural.

UnaInZodiac

Post by UnaInZodiac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:

(No offense)
Ups I thought I smelled irony in Palarmux, but I am sarcastic person myself.
Nice interview anyway and thanks for sharing. New album soon!! That's the spirit

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 pm

"Almost in the middle of the tour"?! How long is it going to be? Guess is the longest tour ever!
"It's much easier without Tolkki around". And counting...
"This year we are planning to record our next album, which probably will come out next year" Breaking news, finally :D
"We are recording some songs from our shows to be released soon as live songs, and our intention is to have few songs from every country we've visited" Willing to listen those

Nice interview, always's great to see TK :)
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks for posting. It has been a nice interview :)
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 am

Awesome, thanks for sharing this. Timo rocks! :D

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 am

Live tracks? Interesting :lol:

But what about a live DVD? *-*

Un DVD con los videos de América Latina :x

Just kidding xD... But I'd love to see a live DVD somehow simmilar to Sonata Arctica's "For the Sake of Revenge"
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 pm

Next year new album. :) they are doing albums for normal speed that they did in their best days :) GreaT :twisted:
EDIT: and I will ask are they doing a live album or recorning those songs as bonus tracks for new album? I can't wait if thy are doing live album :D

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:51 pm

I think we'll have new album sooner. Not next year, I think in November-December.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

life-l

Post by life-l » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:59 pm

icecab21 wrote:can't understand why someone would be surprised about timo liking nightwish, its very simular music that it seems natural.
IMHO Strato & Nighwish are not similar music... but it's only my opinion...
palarmux wrote:I can't wait if thy are doing live album
Let the album with new tracks recorded in the studio will be better than the album with old but live songs..... :( IMHO.....
sorry for my english)))

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Plisken wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:

(No offense)

Not ironic, quite the opposite actually. This explains why he has a hard time understanding them, because English isn't his first language ether.
Well ain't mine either.
And I think majority of Finns have good english even if they have some accent.

foerg

Post by foerg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm

btw an accent germans understand very well...

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm

palarmux wrote:I mean we Finnish guys have bad English oftenly (not always) and no offence in it too and I think my English is bad too, I'm finnish too. Of course it's most important that your English is understandable :wink:
Man... Idk; silly complaining without any real point... Interview is enjoyable and straight-forward. I like it alot how Kotipelto talks his english; self-assured but easygoing fellow without ornaments! Nor care on how someone would take his accents or whatever..

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Hoah, did my opinion do so much confusion... :? I did'nt mean it like this way...

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

icecab21 wrote:can't understand why someone would be surprised about timo liking nightwish, its very simular music that it seems natural.
Nightwish and Stratovarius are not similar at all to my ears. Strato is more power with emphasis on guitars. NW is more bombastic and symphonic with emphasis on keyboards and broad, complicated background arrangements.

That said, it has been my experience that the Finnish Metal community of musicians is very tight knit. They seem to be very supportive, and open minded about one another and their music. You rarely hear one artist saying anything but positive things about another. Maybe they're just holding back, but I think it's a cool thing.
Let's Rage!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:27 pm

That's very true.

I wish we had a similar mentality in Cyprus.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

kameli

Post by kameli » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Here is another interview from Italy with the entire band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-aG9RJDFM

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Great, thanks :wink:

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:04 pm

kameli wrote:Here is another interview from Italy with the entire band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-aG9RJDFM
good! thanks!
StratoFabio