Polaris Special Live Edition to be released in May 21, 2010

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
VictorTDD
Polaris Special Live Edition to be released in May 21, 2010

Post by VictorTDD » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 am

Special Live Edition: includes 75 mins / 13-track live CD from the Polaris World Tour 2009/2010.

It will be released as a double-CD album in digipack by earMUSIC / edel Entertainment

Polaris album + Polaris Live [ catalogue number: 0203962ERE / barcode: 4029759039624 ]

And also earMUSIC / edel Entertainment will reissue the Infinite album

Infinite reissue [ catalogue number: 0203952ERE / barcode: 4029759039525 ]

StratoFabio

Re: Polaris Special Live Edition to be released in May 21, 2010

Post by StratoFabio » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:45 am

great news Victor
StratoFabio

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am

Wow! That's in three days! Really curious about the live sound.:)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm

GREAT! The only thing I don't like is to have Polaris album again. It would be better to make another edition with just the live songs too. Anyway, the album is not listed in the websites for preorder. Strange, because the album will be out in three days!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:36 pm

Wow... is the first official live recording since Visions of Europe and that was over 10 years ago.
Do yo know if this will be launched Wolrdwide or if it will only be in limited quantities?
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Maybe jens can post some more info about this album here? Tracklist or something.:)

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Dooohhh, where does this info come from!?

It's not exactly incorrect, there is an edition of Polaris coming out which has a second disc of live stuff recorded 2010. But the date will be later than April 26 though!

There won't be a version of Infinite bundled with live stuff though, but it is true that Edel is reissuing Infinite also. It will be the same Infinite as before, but it's possible that the booklet will be extended. But same audio, no remixing or remastering hocus pocus.

We were gonna release this info closer to the actual release date, which I have some memory of being late May (but here my memory may fail me.. like I said, more info later)

It is mixed already and the booklet artwork is done, but they need some time to print the things and get them into the retail channel as well :)

Here is some rough info about the live disc:

Code: Select all

01.  DESTINY                    10.12
02.  HUNTING HIGH AND LOW       4.24
03.  SPEED OF LIGHT             3.14
04.  KISS OF JUDAS              6.14
05.  DEEP UNKNOWN               4.20
06.  A MILLION LIGHT YEARS AWAY 5.33
07.  BACH: AIR SUITE            2.17
08.  WINTER SKIES               5.19
09.  PHOENIX                    6.07
10.  SOS                        3.56
11.  FOREVER IS TODAY           4.47
12.  KING OF NOTHING            6.06
13.  FATHER TIME                5.18
14.  HIGHER WE GO               4.07

Total running time 75:07

Recorded during 12.4-9.2.2010 in Europe. Edited by Matias Kupiainen and Perttu Wänskä at 5 by 5 Studio. Mixed by Mikko Karmila at Finnvox Studios. Mastered by Mika Jussila at Finnvox Studios.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 pm

gg album 8)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm

I am experiencing many moods!! :crazy1:

I'm happy that we're getting a live CD! :)
I'm puzzled why it comes bundled with a Polaris disc. ???
I'm annoyed that this means we won't be getting a live DVD anytime soon :fuckoff: :pissed5:
I'm also a little hungry and have to take a dump. 8)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:42 pm

JensJohansson wrote:There won't be a version of Infinite bundled with live stuff though, but it is true that Edel is reissuing Infinite also. It will be the same Infinite as before, but it's possible that the booklet will be extended. But same audio, no remixing or remastering hocus pocus.
I love you soo much Jens :luv3:! Thank you for this info, and we're all expecting this live CD :)
|StratoFan Forever|

giovannivarius

Post by giovannivarius » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:07 am

I wonder if it will arrive to mexico's stores :roll:

stratopoland

Live CD

Post by stratopoland » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:17 am

This is a great news but I have a few questions. It will be a CD album. Before that I heard you recorded gig in Milano for DVD. So, will you released two separate albums? I looked a list of tracks and I'm surprised because there isn't Black Diamond. Is it definitive version?
I'm waiting for upcoming albums. :wink:

Kmasters

Re: Live CD

Post by Kmasters » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:16 am

stratopoland wrote:This is a great news but I have a few questions. It will be a CD album. Before that I heard you recorded gig in Milano for DVD. So, will you released two separate albums? I looked a list of tracks and I'm surprised because there isn't Black Diamond. Is it definitive version?
I think you are a lil wrong as far as i know the Milano show was only for audio because in this vids of the show i dont c any pro cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJVXFzug9Ig

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:31 am

JensJohansson wrote:But the date will be later than April 26 though!

There won't be a version of Infinite bundled with live stuff though, but it is true that Edel is reissuing Infinite also. It will be the same Infinite as before, but it's possible that the booklet will be extended. But same audio, no remixing or remastering hocus pocus.[/code]
all info comes from the internet.
sorry for the release date, I've fixed the info. thanks!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:26 am

VictorTDD wrote:all info comes from the internet.
sorry for the release date, I've fixed the info. thanks!
VictorTDD: Hey, no problem, not your fault!? Thanks for being interested even ..

stratopoland: No Black Diamond! There has been so many recordings of that song anyway so we figured to give some of the limited CD space to something else. No DVD this time. The "Milano DVD" was an ill-fated recording from 2003. There could be another thread about it here... somewhere.

giovannivarius: re Mexico: I hope so!

rakettitulppa: Good question! .. I asked someone what is going on. For sure the Infinite one will not be a 2CD thing, so 14 euro is too expensive.. I would say, don't buy that one at least yet!

AAAAAAAAAA: I hope the food and the dump made the spectrum of your other emotions more easy to confront :lol:

Other questions: stuff like exact release date, I don't know, and I don't think anyone from the band regularly posting here knows either.. pretty funny actually, the fans know more than we do usually :lol: I asked someone who should know now, but it's a weekend etc.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:13 am

giovannivarius wrote:I wonder if it will arrive to mexico's stores :roll:
If it does, the price will probably be ridiculous, even more if it's a double CD. When Polaris came out, it was over 20 dollars at Mixup. I got mine from CD Universe instead.

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:51 am

JensJohansson wrote:I asked someone who should know now, but it's a weekend etc.
Looking forward to further info. :D Can't wait to hear KING OF NOTHING live version. :lol:
Babylon wrote:When Polaris came out, it was over 20 dollars at Mixup.
There's a Polaris south american edition released by "ST2 Records Brazil" on 11/17/2009 with catalogue number "ST2EA245". It is distributed in Argentina by Ya! Música S.A. and in Chile by Leader Music Chile Ltd. :wink:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:38 am

Well, its kind of a slap in the face to anyone who bought Polaris, isn't it? That we have to buy it twice?

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

Rebel wrote:Well, its kind of a slap in the face to anyone who bought Polaris, isn't it? That we have to buy it twice?
Yeah exactly.
I would prefer having this as a bonus disc to the new album or so that I could by it alone.

stratopoland

Re: Live CD

Post by stratopoland » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Kmasters wrote:
stratopoland wrote:This is a great news but I have a few questions. It will be a CD album. Before that I heard you recorded gig in Milano for DVD. So, will you released two separate albums? I looked a list of tracks and I'm surprised because there isn't Black Diamond. Is it definitive version?
I think you are a lil wrong as far as i know the Milano show was only for audio because in this vids of the show i dont c any pro cam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJVXFzug9Ig
I know, I saw those vidoes. Timo said in interview for italian website before show in Milano that Stratovarius will be record it (or some other gigs). But CD will contain songs playing only in Scandinavian gigs.
I wanted to hear not Black Diamond. Jens, I want to hear your solos before it. :wink:
But I understand, the most important are songs from Polaris, especially King of Nothing :D [/code]

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Oh please, no more Black diamond. Black diamond it's always in the setlists, always in every show, etc, etc. I think it's time to renew the setlists and put some other songs. I like a lot the setlist in this future live album. I think the guys are trying to change a bit the things, cause you know, it has been so many years with the same songs over and over again, and that's not good for the fans, nor for the band. I'm sick of HHAL too :)

I'm really happy to know we'll have KON live!!!!!!

A really fantastic album this new one. I'll have 3 polaris albums... but it doesn't matter I suppose :lol: :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Damn it. Why the fuck do those idiots release it together with Polaris? Why not just a live album? I don't want to buy the damn album again.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 am

Ragehead91 wrote:Damn it. Why the fuck do those idiots release it together with Polaris? Why not just a live album? I don't want to buy the damn album again.
WTF... nooooo!! You have to buy it!! If you don't buy it i will stake your house out with a megaphone in my hand .. and sing "hunting high and low" at the top of my lungs until you order it!

:lol:

Seriously, i don't know .. Edel said they wanted some live stuff, they want to bundle it with Polaris, it's OK with me. Probably they think more about the 7 billion people left on the planet who have not bought Polaris yet, than the maybe 90000 or whatever it is who did buy it.

If i think about it, the price is like a normal full price CD? You can perhaps look at it as a live CD with a "bonus" Polaris CD in the same package.. the glass is not half empty, it's half full! So when you're tired of my megaphone singing and order it, if you have Polaris already, just give that extra CD to someone else..

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:06 am

Ragehead91 wrote:Damn it. Why the fuck do those idiots release it together with Polaris? Why not just a live album? I don't want to buy the damn album again.
You don't wanna miss the live album do you? :)
JensJohansson wrote:if you have Polaris already, just give that extra CD to someone else..
That :lol:
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:37 am

it has been so many years with the same songs over and over again, and that's not good for the fans, nor for the band. I'm sick of HHAL too Smile
Maybe for the band, but I’ve only seen 2 concerts and some songs twice and with a very different set list each time with a few standards; I can't get tired of a song after hearing it twice.

Don't understand how a person could look at a set list and be tired of a song being played in a concert that they are not even going to or hearing a song once or so a year. Might be one thing if a person was going grateful deadhead on a band, but they know what they are in for. Besides, each performance of a song is different let alone the variation between concerts.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:28 am

JensJohansson wrote:
WTF... nooooo!! You have to buy it!! If you don't buy it i will stake your house out with a megaphone in my hand .. and sing "hunting high and low" at the top of my lungs until you order it!

Seriously, i don't know .. Edel said they wanted some live stuff, they want to bundle it with Polaris, it's OK with me. Probably they think more about the 7 billion people left on the planet who have not bought Polaris yet, than the maybe 90000 or whatever it is who did buy it.

If i think about it, the price is like a normal full price CD? You can perhaps look at it as a live CD with a "bonus" Polaris CD in the same package.. the glass is not half empty, it's half full! So when you're tired of my megaphone singing and order it, if you have Polaris already, just give that extra CD to someone else..

Yeah at least I will buy it if there is no other way and as long as it won't cost more than 15€

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 pm

icecab21 wrote:
it has been so many years with the same songs over and over again, and that's not good for the fans, nor for the band. I'm sick of HHAL too Smile
Maybe for the band, but I’ve only seen 2 concerts and some songs twice and with a very different set list each time with a few standards; I can't get tired of a song after hearing it twice.

Don't understand how a person could look at a set list and be tired of a song being played in a concert that they are not even going to or hearing a song once or so a year. Might be one thing if a person was going grateful deadhead on a band, but they know what they are in for. Besides, each performance of a song is different let alone the variation between concerts.
Well, not saying that If I see Black Diamond and HHAL in a live CD I'm gonna get mad or something ,or that if I'm seeing Strato playing Black Diamond I begin to run away from the place.
It's just that HHAL for example it has never been one of my favourites songs, and Black Diamond was always the main song from Strato since 97 and everybody always talking about Black Diamond, the band always playing Black Diamond, etc, etc...and I'm tired of that. I liked a lot the song but I thing that Stratovarius discography have a lot of good songs, a lot, a lot better than Black Diamond and it's a pity casuse I would change BD for other songs that they played very few times like Eternity for example. But I understand that they can't never play what everybody wants. They have to choose, and maybe my setlist would be bad for other people, etc, etc.

But, as you can see, even Jens say
Jens wrote:There has been so many recordings of that song anyway so we figured to give some of the limited CD space to something else.
I think the setlist for this cd is very good, anyway I would change HWG for Emancipation for example, that would be an epic live cd, having Destiny at the beginning and Emancipation suite as the last track, but tey naver played Emancipation in the tour. Let's hope they play it for the next! The next tour is gonna be epic for sure, better than ever, cause They have the old material, Polaris material and nex album material. WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :) :) :)

I just hope to have KON with good quality in that cd. For me the fresh song from Polaris and the most representative song from the new direction is DU, but KON is the most technical song from the album I think. Really amazing drums, and keyboard. As I said from the very beggining, Jörg is just awesome in this song.

And now, damn...the frist date up there saying 26 April is not correct, now waaaait and waaaait :x . Anyway Jens say in May more or less, so perfect for the summer while you think about how the new album is gonna sound.

kameli

Post by kameli » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm

JensJohansson wrote: No Black Diamond! There has been so many recordings of that song anyway so we figured to give some of the limited CD space to something else.
I'm happy to hear no BD, but why you did not include bass/guitar duel on the album?? :x :x :x

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:02 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

This wasn't in anyway directed against you guys. This was directed against your lable. I'd love to have a new live album but I don't want to buy Polaris again. Nuclear Blast did a similar thing with the Rage EP "Gib Dich Nie Auf". You could only buy it bundeled with "Carved In Stone" in stores and I think they also upped the price. It is great for people who've never heard of the band but if you already own the damn thing you don't want to spent extra money for something you already have only to get 3 (I already had the german version of Fullmoon and the "Into The Light" Sampler) new songs. But at least in that case you could order the EP from their website. I'll wait until they announce the price. If it is normal price then I'll probably buy it.