RR NEWS!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
mayhem-for-all
RR NEWS!

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon May 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Only in finnish sorry:

http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act=news&id=11819

http://www.kp24.fi/Uutiset/Default.aspx?depid=223

(the news and the interview which had this information)

The new Keyboard player is Bob (ibob :D ) Katsionis of Firewind and the third album is called Trinty. It is now being mixed.

E:
Some other things about the interview:

-The new album drums and vocals were recorded in Brazil
-TT is mixing now with the same guy Santtu Lehtiniemi who also mixed AoA in the Finnish woods in the middle of nowhere.
-He says he hates mixing
-It will be mastered on tuesday (tomorrow?)
-It will be released in the autumn
-He also says that a lot of people complained about AoA to be too different and says that he only composes for himself and that while composing those songs he had no idea they were going to end up on AoA (composing a song takes 10 minutes for him :o )
-The next one will take a step towards power metal away from the heavy mid-tempo but won't be a strato clone
- He says it sounds very organic and natural and still very modern
- The Dreamspace line-up is spending a lot of time together once again
- Return to Dreamspace has 15 songs reocrded but they don't have the right feeling yet.
- He also said that he has recently found new exitement in playing guitar. He even took some guitar lessons and learned new techniques and he spent 2 weekes for the solos of the new album.
- We have a song title: Dreamchild. The interviewer said it sounds like it could be released as a single.

palarmux

Re: RR NEWS!

Post by palarmux » Mon May 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Good News! :banana1:
I'm interest in new album!
Will they ever publish Project Strato/same kind of project. :roll:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon May 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks for the translation, mayhem.

But, the keyboard player is gonna play always in RR? Or it is just for this album?

Cool to know TT has new fresh energy while playing.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon May 10, 2010 7:13 pm

He says it's the new keyboardist, so I assume he'll be permanent. I love the way Katsionis plays the keyboard, one of my favourite ones and Firewind is an excellent band too

Let's hope "Trinity" to be what Tolkki used to do before :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon May 10, 2010 8:13 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Trinity is a very nice name :)

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 pm

I like the name too. I'm very happy to hear news of RR and TT. I was thinking about the band this morning. :)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon May 10, 2010 11:02 pm

But...

did Luther_Harkon get the guitar? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue May 11, 2010 12:32 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:But...

did Luther_Harkon get the guitar? :roll: :roll: :roll:
:lol: :lol:

I dunno though, I'm starting to soften on Tolkki again, I think if we ever hear RTD, He'll be back in my good books.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:31 am

awsome lineup for the cd. with the way that timo is able to compose, i dont understand why he does not make sure he is happy with it before he records them. i swear the guys has so much unused potential and power it's frustrating for me.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue May 11, 2010 5:25 am

Some new guitar techniques, power metal? :)
This album could be the real re-birth of Tolkki, maybe. I can't wait for it, It's just so exiting when a new album is comming.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue May 11, 2010 5:56 am

ggonza43 wrote:He says it's the new keyboardist, so I assume he'll be permanent. I love the way Katsionis plays the keyboard, one of my favourite ones and Firewind is an excellent band too

He said Ozzy took their guitarist (Firewinds) and he took the keyboardist :lol:
So yes it is permanent.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:14 am

Timo Tolkki - Stratovarius former front man found work in peace Esse

Jouni Nikula Esse (KP)

Doorway is crowded when Timo Tolkki, Finnish rock music, big man, walks barefoot against.

Kokkola neighbor, Esse Studio57 has printed the last eight days, long days. On the side is a blurred sense of time. Drowsily looking Tolkki thank when he was recalled from mothers.

- Pitääpä pirauttaa mom, that there will be criticized for performing.

Stratovarius metal top of the world and brought the band in 2008, divorced Tolkki is currently finalizing the latest apple of the eyes, Revolution Renaissance triplet disc. Tolkki reveals that the ten song album may be named Trinity. It will be published in the autumn.

- The panel shall be made in several different places. Drums and songs recorded in Brazil, São Paulo. The rest were made across the city, the rolling stock with the recording. I hate the studios, especially those in which the pörrää continuing exodus. I love nature. That is why I wanted to mix in the middle of nowhere. Esse you can walk out without having to Alexander Street. I believe that good energy is the disc sounds. Spirit of place means a lot to me.

Orgaanisinta cans ever

Mixing the disc in a strange studio sounds like a risk game. Esse found in 56-channel analogimikseri Tolkille, however, was familiar. Control room, he took over fifteen minutes listening to how familiar the new discs will always play mode.

- Most of the work was done during the first two days, when the disc shaped sound. The disc will be very organic and natural, but at the same time modern. I have not done similar before.

Tolkki is always talking about his mouth clean. Even now, he shoots straight and says he hates to mix.

- Fortunately, apunani is assistant Santtu Lehtiniemi. We share shifts. Santtu being asleep upstairs.

It is Sunday and mid-day. Three songs are still miksaamatta.

- The mix is forced to go on Monday. Masteroin next studio album on Tuesday. After that time I go to Helsinki and Bologna in Italy, where on Friday featuring Music Heaven guitar festivals. I play the same track with the band renowned as Yngwie Malmsteen and George Lynch.

Ozzy took the guitarist, Tolkki kosketistin

Timo Tolkki, established in 2008, describes the Revolution Renaissance uutukaista step towards power metal. March last year, appeared Age of Aquarius and heavy keskitempoisesta whole has moved Tolkki omimmalle region. Tolkki, however, says that no Stratovarius-cloning does not permit.

- Age of Aquarius caused marmatusta, because it had too many different cans. However, I have never written for other than myself. The songs just come. One goes to ten minutes. When the new songs began to emerge in the autumn, I do not even know whether they enter Revolution Renaissance.

Revolution Renaissance triplet disc presents two new members. Bassist on the site have been familiar to Hammerfall from Magnus Rosén, keyboardist's name is revealed only now. Firewind is a Greek, he picked Bob Katsionis.

- Ozzy Osbourne took exactly the same band's guitarist, Tolkki laughs.

Miehistönvaihdosten behind it is difficult second album. Debut of the New Era (2008) was Tolkille as a solo album. Age of Aquarius composition stabilized Revolution Renaissance again started making the first album the band.

- It felt as if we would have done the fifth levyämme. Rarely happens that the first album the band seems to the case of heavily.

Old Stratovarius revived

Stratovarius Speaking of which, whether Tolkki heard a year ago, which appeared Polar? This is a first-Stratovarius album without cans.

- I went to buy a Polaris. I like it, although it seems that it is a time of safe, unlike Revolution Renaissance plates. Stratovarius is called a Kalevala kivireki that certain boundaries can not go. Business Mind was perhaps a veto right, the band remained in format. Personally, I never kelaile style stuff. I am a bad business man.

Tolkki has spoken, evoke Stratovarius Pace Dreams (1994) a provisional assembly. Tolkki, drummer Tuomo Lassila, Antti Ikonen touched and bassist Jari Kainulainen Project Strato is not a joke. The project really exists.

- It was a weird feeling to be together after fifteen years. We recorded a fifteen or so songs, but they are not yet working properly. Get real feelings are, however, quiet. We now have good reason to go to the sauna and fry sausage. The project's name, however, is changing.

And what is a biography Tolkki Hymn on life - Entr'acte? Kirjaahan were at some point has already been published by the end of the year.

- After the proposed cost Like to do a book, four writers had time to begin the work. None of them did not reach the end. Eventually I began to write the book himself. Stratovarius my departure had been considered, but a painful process, so that my text started to go black side of the painting. I took a book at the end of the month some distance in giving guitar clinics in Brazil. When I read the book again, came the feeling that it may not be published. I do not want to talk shit about the former bändikavereistani.

Into ringing again found

If you post Stratovariusta Tolkki has been treated with kid gloves, has been Tolkki himself even in front of filth neck.

Tolkki says that the same people who are the first critical mass of his doings, start their day klikkautumalla his web pages for new updates hope.

- For example, Saana - Warrior of Light Part I - Journey to Crystal Island was for me the real love project. I got so much shit as the neck can only imagine. Beat me easy target emotions, because I say things always directly. I do not want to please and to repeat the same cliches.

Tolkki has been playing guitar for almost forty years. He says it has found to have been missing soittokipinänsä again. Kitaratuntiakin couple have been taken.

- I used the latest solo album in a couple of weeks because I wanted a fresh approach. That came to me new, modern stuff.

Tolkki is not to prohibit, say that his contribution had been significant exports of Finnish rock music world.

- I remember that when the entire Nightwish was Visions (1997) at the forefront of watching Stratovarius gigs. It was flat, which opened trails in Europe and Japan. Before it was known in Finland, besides just Amorphis and Waltari.

Tolkki rises off the couch, click on the Pro Tools program, awake and just put a mixed Revolution Renaissance ring. Control room speakers jytisevä Dream Child, a potential single song that sounds like a hungry Tolkilta decade.

jouni.nikula @ kpk.fi
the google translation was fun.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue May 11, 2010 7:25 am

"Go to the sauna and fry sausage"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in case A10 missed that.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:59 am

If you post Stratovariusta Tolkki has been treated with kid gloves, has been Tolkki himself even in front of filth neck.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue May 11, 2010 8:15 am

Rebel wrote:"Go to the sauna and fry sausage"

Just in case A10 missed that.
A day in the life of Tolkki :rotflmao1:

On a more serious note*, I just bought an Amebelodon. :twisted:

*I lied. Sue me :lol:

No, but really. I am excited for this next record. It will be the Tolkki comeback album!!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue May 11, 2010 11:31 am

The translation is a big lol

Dream Child, a potential single song that sounds like a hungry Tolkilta decade.
:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

Anyway, it's great to see TT having that energy again. LET'S HOPE THIS TIME IS GONNA BE TRUE.

icecab wrote: with the way that timo is able to compose, i dont understand why he does not make sure he is happy with it before he records them.
Well, coming from Tolkki, I can expect things like that. He said sometimes in his career that "this" album or "this other album" or "that song" was that bad that he didn't know how it ended in the final album.

I hate when he says that, but now I don't give a shit. If he brings good music, I'll buy and I'll listen and enjoy like I did with Stratovarius. If its another disappointment like AoA, I'll listen for one week and I'll have enough.

The worst was when he said that AoA was his best album. Fuck, it's an aberration to compare AoA with jewels like FD, Episode, Visions, etc, etc. And he knows it, but it doesn't matter, I suppose it was cool to say that when AoA was released.

I'm happy too with this new album, let's see what happens. Tolkki needs to be respected again in music, and he can do it. But...I won't have a bet.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 am

lol @ Google Translator or whatever it is... :lol:
Stratovarius Speaking of which, whether Tolkki heard a year ago, which appeared Polar? This is a first-Stratovarius album without cans.
wtf? Tolkki = tölkki = can? I still think they played drums on the album Which Appeared Polar? though. :(
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue May 11, 2010 1:07 pm

:lol: :lol: I think I would've understood more by reading the original Finnish.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue May 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Amazing news!

I loved AoA but faster tracks would not be any negative ;)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Aoa does have a few of my favorite tolkki songs with Future and Kyrie. I do hope he continues the celtic and church themes in the next material.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue May 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Good news! Thanks for the concise post Mayhem! Trinity is a cool name for a third album, but it's been done before IE: Malmsteen's trilogy

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:11 pm

- Fortunately, apunani is assistant Santtu Lehtiniemi. We share shifts. Santtu being asleep upstairs.
It's like it had been written by a toddler :lol:. Still, thanks for the "pseudo" translation :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 am

icecab21 wrote:Aoa does have a few of my favorite tolkki songs with Future and Kyrie. I do hope he continues the celtic and church themes in the next material.
He seems to have a "dream theater" period ;) Apparently he loves the band now... The songs May be inspired by them?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 12, 2010 11:29 am

Rage1979 wrote:
icecab21 wrote:Aoa does have a few of my favorite tolkki songs with Future and Kyrie. I do hope he continues the celtic and church themes in the next material.
He seems to have a "dream theater" period ;) Apparently he loves the band now... The songs May be inspired by them?

o_____________________________________________________O

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed May 12, 2010 3:44 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:

o_____________________________________________________O
I repeat: o_____________________________________________________O

More like a middletempoalization era like unfortunately many of the greatest of the metal musicians from not so distant past.
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
"Joke Of The Day" :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:44 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
I was not joking ;) Check his facebook ;)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
I was not joking ;) Check his facebook ;)
I've only said that because it was funny how it was developed, I mean the whole Dream Theater issue. Good from him to listen to them, they are a great inspiration for anyone; but he's Tolkki! He should just keep making power metal :)
|StratoFan Forever|

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Wed May 12, 2010 6:07 pm

Dream theater is a good band to be inspired by

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 12, 2010 6:49 pm

warrencurrymetal wrote:Dream theater is a good band to be inspired by
The best nowadays.

How funny :lol: He always said he hates prog metal (anyway he used to compose in the past songs with some prog elements) and now he loves the excellence in progressive, DT. I think icecab will remember a conversation that we (TT, icecab and me) had in RR forum about it.

Cool :lol: . I'm happy to know that TT loves DT. Especially if he is thinking in playing like this GOD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UohbeIpsgY (for example)

Anyway, can you please paste here what he says about all of this?

Thanks in advance.