Wintersun

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Stratofanius
Wintersun

Post by Stratofanius » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:03 pm

Because I haven't seen here any topics of Wintersun, I decided to do that.
I like their music very much. They mix death/black/power/folk etc. so easily.
Jari Mäenpää is awesome guitarist & singer! He can sing so many different styles, that is this even true? And at debyt he plays everything expect drums! Drummer Kai Hahto is also maybe greatest drummer in Finland.
Wintersun's debyt is masterpiece and I really love it. And I'm sure that future is even better. Have you heard this great band?

Elazul

Re: Wintersun

Post by Elazul » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:57 pm

Stratofanius wrote:Have you heard this great band?
Sure I have :)
Wintersun´s debut was one of the best albums of 2004.
Yeah they definitely kick ass.

Fanius was there something about the gig of Wintersun on this years Tuska festival in the finnish television ?

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:39 am

Yeah i have one song somewhere, not bad stuff maybe one day i'll buy the album.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:38 am

I'm waiting for the next album! Great band!

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:46 pm

Elazul wrote:Fanius was there something about the gig of Wintersun on this years Tuska festival in the finnish television ?
From Wintersun's official forum, in finnish:
http://www.kammio.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170
htcdude wrote:Yeah i have one song somewhere, not bad stuff maybe one day i'll buy the album.
What song?

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:52 pm

Battle Against Time
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:53 pm

htcdude wrote:Battle Against Time
Great song!! But there is even better tracks, like Death and the Healing and Starchild. In my opinion.

MetalManiac

Post by MetalManiac » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:47 pm

I love Wintersun. One of the best bands in Finland ever! Can't wait for the second album.
Mäenpää is a so unbelieveable guy. He played the guitar, and also bass and keyboards with such incredible skill and speed. And his voice is extremely good too. Shame he left Ensiferum.
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning."

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:55 am

Stratofanius wrote:
htcdude wrote:Battle Against Time
Great song!! But there is even better tracks, like Death and the Healing and Starchild. In my opinion.
Hmm i listened to it again yesterday, didn't sound as good as before.

Hades

Post by Hades » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:36 pm

:D Right now im looking for some wintersun's songs to hear because i never heard any. :D I hope to find that i looking for...
"And the curtains are falling and the legions are calling tonight"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:34 pm

Hades wrote::D Right now im looking for some wintersun's songs to hear because i never heard any. :D I hope to find that i looking for...
http://www.kolumbus.fi/jarimetal/winter ... nloads.htm

There you go

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:54 pm

Winter Madness was the only song I disliked on the album. It was kind of irrational and confusing.

Hades

Post by Hades » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:32 pm

Stratofanius wrote:
Hades wrote::D Right now im looking for some wintersun's songs to hear because i never heard any. :D I hope to find that i looking for...
http://www.kolumbus.fi/jarimetal/winter ... nloads.htm

There you go
ty stratofanius... i have some songs rigth now...
tell u later.

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:41 am

I agree with you, Wintersun is amazing! 8) I can easily say the album is one of best debuts I ever have heard, could rate the album with pure 10 points. Mäenpää is extremely skillful guy coz he can play guitar so well and as you have said, sing in many diffrent ways + the other instruments on the album. And everything sounds great. Actually his style to do the backing vocals sounds that there´s a big choir singing though he sings just alone. :twisted: Will wait the next possible album of course. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:33 pm

New interview from Jari Mäenpää (finnish only):
http://www.imperiumi.net/int_2.php?id=617

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:49 pm

Their debut is probably the best album released last year, but I still prefer Ensiferum.

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:28 pm

Pikkusielu wrote:Winter Madness was the only song I disliked on the album. It was kind of irrational and confusing.

Intro of this song is irrational and confusing, but the rest of the song is great! Maybe I should listen the songs entirely before I make any kinds of statements... :)

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:10 pm

Pikkusielu wrote:
Pikkusielu wrote:Winter Madness was the only song I disliked on the album. It was kind of irrational and confusing.

Intro of this song is irrational and confusing, but the rest of the song is great! Maybe I should listen the songs entirely before I make any kinds of statements... :)
The lyrics of that song are tremendous. It could be easily described as the Anthem of the Winter. 8)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Lapazeus

Post by Lapazeus » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:07 am

MetalManiac wrote: He played the guitar, and also bass and keyboards with such incredible skill and speed. And his voice is extremely good too. Shame he left Ensiferum.
Actually, he mainly programmed the keyboard parts with a drum machine. http://www.imperiumi.net/int_2.php?id=466 (Finnish)

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:11 pm

Lapazeus wrote:
MetalManiac wrote: He played the guitar, and also bass and keyboards with such incredible skill and speed. And his voice is extremely good too. Shame he left Ensiferum.
Actually, he mainly programmed the keyboard parts with a drum machine. http://www.imperiumi.net/int_2.php?id=466 (Finnish)
Still a great... multiplayer! :lol:

Hades

Post by Hades » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:39 am

Now... Ive heard some wintersun's songs... Battle Against Time is great... my rate 8.5... very fast! and very good guitar!... ty stratofanius.
very good band! :D

Pikkusielu

Post by Pikkusielu » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:42 am

Hades wrote:my rate 8.5...
I would rate it 10.0! :)

Stratofanius

Post by Stratofanius » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:27 pm

News from Wintersun website:

Wintersun recordings for 2nd album starts in May 2006

We have booked studios to record the second Wintersun album. The recordings will start in May 2006 at Sonic Pump Studios with Nino Laurenne. The mixing will happen in the beginning of July. There´s still work that needs to be done with the songs, but I´m sure we´ll get there. I believe that this will be a very strong album and I´m very excited about it! The working title for the album is "Time". -Jari

I wait new album very much, but it will take a long time when the new album's release day is, it seems.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:58 am

Stratofanius wrote:I wait new album very much, but it will take a long time when the new album's release day is, it seems.
Well, before that they should have a tour in Germany etc and perhaps some other gigs so Jari &co have much to work before.

Hmm, there´re maybe 2 interesting albums for next year to be coming then, this new Wintersun and the possible 3rd Kotipelto album. :roll:

Twilight Legionnaire

Post by Twilight Legionnaire » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:00 am

IceBreaker wrote:
Stratofanius wrote:I wait new album very much, but it will take a long time when the new album's release day is, it seems.
Well, before that they should have a tour in Germany etc and perhaps some other gigs so Jari &co have much to work before.

Hmm, there´re maybe 2 interesting albums for next year to be coming then, this new Wintersun and the possible 3rd Kotipelto album. :roll:
And new Blind Guardian, and new Iron Maiden, possibly new Metallica, and quite a few others. :D
perkele