The LOVE topic!! :-)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
StragOvariuS
Re: The LOVE topic!! :-)

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:51 am

Stratolily wrote: What is love?
For me i's respect, comprehension, to aceppt the other just like he/she is, take care each other, support each other, always be there for him/her and giving everything, the best of you...
Yeah yeah...right, but when the love ends you dont care about the other's feelings.
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:54 am

GOD. This topic has the potential to be so sappy, so quick.

I love my guitar.

*cough*
Dave wrote:a new topic? :D just kidding..

well.. indeed.. what is love?
Who are you asking?
Yahweh wrote:Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not rude, it is not proud, it is not self-seeking; it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs, it does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always hopes, trusts, protects, and perseveres..
Anton LaVey wrote:...Love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy! Love is one of the most intense emotions felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural.
Of course, it depends on whether you're applying it to storge, agape, phileo/philia, or eros type love. :?:
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:43 am

Do you have a partner? Not currently, I just had a three year relationship end, we were engaged, so right now I am just playing it cool.

Are you in love? I guess not anymore, for the time being.

Are you frustrated with love or the opposite sex? No. Things happen for a reason. I usually find that the best situations happen when you aren't looking. So I just go about my daily routine. There is somebody for everybody.

Do you believe in love at first sight? No. I believe in LUST at first sight. That can lead to good times too, but true love only comes with time. Love is a commitment. Not a fling.

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:11 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:GOD. This topic has the potential to be so sappy, so quick.
Thank you! That's why I brought it to life! :D

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:34 am

Do you have a partner?

yes.

Are you in love?

yes. oh hell i feel married :lol:

Are you frustrated with love or the opposite sex?

No, and No anyway because ... the opposite sex?! uhm... *cough* that just doesn't apply!

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Uh, maybe lust at first sight.. :?

@ Hvymtletc: Ok did I do a good job at not being sappy and maudlin? Haha... ;)

EDIT: oh DAMN. I just read Jester's post after I posted this and my "lust at first sight" thing isn't original and witty. he said it before me, though I didn't notice :(

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

elvenrhapsody

Post by elvenrhapsody » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:50 am

I dont know what I am. I think i'm just crazy. yes, yes.....
No rommmmantic love or whatever (which i think is short lived anyways). Cozy adoration i think....
who knows? It puts a smile on my face.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:36 am

stratohawk wrote:
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:GOD. This topic has the potential to be so sappy, so quick.
I knew it! You love the sappiness! You cried at Titanic, didn't you?? :lol:

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:33 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
stratohawk wrote:
I cried at Pocahontas and Lion King... :cry:
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:43 am

Cristiane wrote:
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
stratohawk wrote:
I cried at Pocahontas and Lion King... :cry:
i have yet to cry at a movie... unless you count laughing so hard i begin to cry :D
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:51 am

StragOvariuS wrote:
Stratolily wrote: What is love?
For me i's respect, comprehension, to aceppt the other just like he/she is, take care each other, support each other, always be there for him/her and giving everything, the best of you...
Yeah yeah...right, but when the love ends you dont care about the other's feelings.
Damn it!
You're right. He didn't care about me, he just broke my heart...
:cry:

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:37 am

stratoplayer wrote:i have yet to cry at a movie... unless you count laughing so hard i begin to cry :D
I nearly cried at Fantastic Four, because I just wanted it to be over SO badly. It was such a godawful movie. Around the scene where Thing is in the bar, I was just screaming inside, 'Isn't it over yet??!?! Make it stop!!!'.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:42 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
stratoplayer wrote:i have yet to cry at a movie... unless you count laughing so hard i begin to cry :D
I nearly cried at Fantastic Four, because I just wanted it to be over SO badly. It was such a godawful movie. Around the scene where Thing is in the bar, I was just screaming inside, 'Isn't it over yet??!?! Make it stop!!!'.
:lol: i was watching it on an airplane (not on my free will, mind you!) and i had a hard time deciding what sucked more, the aiplane music which was like country, new age crap (i like some of them) and boring classical... i still haven't found an answer...
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:02 am

I know, that it's really hard, when your partner breaks up with you (guess, it happened with me too). You try to find answers, why it happened. And you start to love him/her more and more (or the oppposite: start to hate him/her more and more).

In my case, there was only one and a half depressive days. I just simply tried to overcome it, I forced myself not to care about it (it's impossible, but if you nearly reach it, then you succeed). So later I just thought: "okay, she was like perfect for me, but I know, that there are so many perfect women in the World, that I still have the chance to find one of them". Well, finding is not enough, it's true, but I belive in the theory, that you can find someone, that is going to love you with full heart and forever (or at least, he/she is going to be next to you forever, and is going to be a good partner).

So I suggest you Stratolily to try thinking positive, and let him sink in your thoughts. He chose a different path, and now you have to find your path with a different man. Life seems to be easy, if you think simply.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:22 pm

I watched The Wedding Singer the other day.....'Love stinks!'....great song heehee
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:46 pm

Stratolily wrote:What is love?
but what for?
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:31 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:I know, that it's really hard, when your partner breaks up with you (guess, it happened with me too). You try to find answers, why it happened. And you start to love him/her more and more (or the oppposite: start to hate him/her more and more).

In my case, there was only one and a half depressive days. I just simply tried to overcome it, I forced myself not to care about it (it's impossible, but if you nearly reach it, then you succeed). So later I just thought: "okay, she was like perfect for me, but I know, that there are so many perfect women in the World, that I still have the chance to find one of them". Well, finding is not enough, it's true, but I belive in the theory, that you can find someone, that is going to love you with full heart and forever (or at least, he/she is going to be next to you forever, and is going to be a good partner).

So I suggest you Stratolily to try thinking positive, and let him sink in your thoughts. He chose a different path, and now you have to find your path with a different man. Life seems to be easy, if you think simply.

You're right in everything you said. Things have to change. I have to think different. I'll do all I can to stay positive...
If he left me behind, I can do the same thing...

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:21 pm

Electric Eye wrote:
but what for?
An excellent point. What IS the purpose of love? Most pragmatically minded people wouldn't even want to be involved with a thing like that. Anyone who can enlighten me? Why the hell would any sane person want to pussyfoot around with love when there are so many things to life that are so easily impeded by that human emotional stupidity? Aren't there so many things more gratifying than love?

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:31 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:
Electric Eye wrote:
but what for?
An excellent point. What IS the purpose of love? Most pragmatically minded people wouldn't even want to be involved with a thing like that. Anyone who can enlighten me? Why the hell would any sane person want to pussyfoot around with love when there are so many things to life that are so easily impeded by that human emotional stupidity? Aren't there so many things more gratifying than love?
I'm not you and you are not me. We all have differents opinions and thoughts, so as you are questioning "love", I feel that I was born to love, to form a family. It's good that you tell us our opinion too, but without insulte anyone...

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:39 pm

I think, that there IS need of love, but sometimes it's good to be alone, and not nagged by your partner. Things are so much easier without a love. But my heart sometimes yearns to love somebody, so... what can I do? :D Well, I have to search for someone again.
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Stratolily

Post by Stratolily » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:18 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:I think, that there IS need of love, but sometimes it's good to be alone, and not nagged by your partner. Things are so much easier without a love. But my heart sometimes yearns to love somebody, so... what can I do? :D Well, I have to search for someone again.
Totally agree with you. I know I need and I want to be alone for a big while, but I also know that someday someone will fill my heart again...

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:32 pm

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Aren't there so many things more gratifying than love?
No.

@Stratolily: I don't really see how Hvyblah was insulting anyone. She was just making a point by giving a different perspective.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:06 am

Hvyblah? :lol:

I don't think that Lily necessarily meant that I was personally trying to offend people. But, it could be quite possible that I did. So, if I did offend anyone, I apologize. Swear I didn't mean it.

As for love, IMO it can be a good arrangement from time to time, but for the most part I simply don't see the purpose of it.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:38 am

HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:Hvyblah? :lol:

I don't think that Lily necessarily meant that I was personally trying to offend people. But, it could be quite possible that I did. So, if I did offend anyone, I apologize. Swear I didn't mean it.

As for love, IMO it can be a good arrangement from time to time, but for the most part I simply don't see the purpose of it.
cuz the human soul yearns for understanding and the acceptance of others... filling a void of loneliness everyone has deep down... so, if you find that certain someone who can fill the void you naturally wouldn't want to let go

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:39 pm

Nowdays I just don't care too much about women. I know, that I won'tr have any one-night-stands, I'm only able to have longterm-relations. But it's not bad, I just have to wait, and I'm patient. Till then I try to enjoy the freedom. :D
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:02 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Nowdays I just don't care too much about women.
There's other options, you know. ;)

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:59 pm

If you meant men, then you must know, that I don't have that option. I don't find anything sexy on a man, so I just stay at women. :)

Or did you mean my right hand? :D
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:27 am

Beast_Pete wrote:Or did you mean my right hand? :D
Leave PALMela HANDerson out of this!!
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:30 am

HAHAHA SO FRIGGING FUNY HAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Electric Eye

Post by Electric Eye » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:12 am

Each biological specie has one basic task: to survive. The only one aim in life of each living organism is to ensure an extension of its specie by giving another life. Those remarks are also valid in case of homo sapiens. This is the nature, we cannot influence on this.
But the process of ensuring an extension in case of mankind is not an easy task. Just think about it? Who would condemn itself for involving in things connected with giving birth, bringing up, responsibility, etc. Do you think it is easy? How can you know how to do it properly? Can you foresee what awaits for you on this way in the future? When you step in on this way, there is no turning back!
So the nature thought up some mechanisms like sexual attraction, orgasm, etc. to manipulate people and to help them to take the 'proper' decision (the proper from the nature point of view). And poets, artists call all those things using nice words, like love, enchantment, ets - but it all is a rubbish.
So please, don't tell me about love. There is no love, it is only mechanism that forces us to give another generation - when it is done, we become unimportant. This is the greatest manipulation of the nature. We are just tools used to make this circle turning on and on....

By writting this I don't have intension to insult anyone, it is just my opinion. On the other hand, this what I wrote you may call the essence of humanity - that is also true. I just wanna tell, that not all are ready to take part in this but all feel the mechanism that persuade them to do it - and this is unjusty in my opinion.
If you feel that this is ok for you, and feel good with this - it is ok. But sometimes it is funny for me, all this coutrtship, picking up, chats, refusals is hilarous, why people don't say straight from the begining what this all is about...
It is all governed by the nature: the best females chose the best males, and the best males fertilize the best females to give the best, the strongest offspring. The rest if needless and futile. And you can call it wathever you like, love for example...
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:What IS the purpose of love?
I just wrote my opinion.
Stratolily wrote:Damn it!
Probably chemistry in his organism discouraged him. There is nothing to despair or be angry of. Your relationship, and possible 'fruits' wouldn't be the best solution for the nature. Probably the better one is awaiting for you.
stratoplayer wrote:cuz the human soul yearns for understanding and the acceptance of others... filling a void of loneliness everyone has deep down...
without this we wouldn't be humans, and for nature we would be useless tools
Beast_Pete wrote:I'm only able to have longterm-relations.
Thi is also interesting issue worth separate discussion. Are the humans created to live whole life with one partner? It is rarity in the majority of species. For me it is a great thing, but I think it is not easy.
Beast_Pete wrote:Till then I try to enjoy the freedom.
So what is the relationship? A slavery? You see, would you condemn yourself for this without interference of the nature?
So where does the power come from to see the race to its end?
From within.

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:38 am

Electric Eye wrote:Each biological specie has one basic task: to survive. The only one aim in life of each living organism is to ensure an extension of its specie by giving another life. Those remarks are also valid in case of homo sapiens. This is the nature, we cannot influence on this.
But the process of ensuring an extension in case of mankind is not an easy task. Just think about it? Who would condemn itself for involving in things connected with giving birth, bringing up, responsibility, etc. Do you think it is easy? How can you know how to do it properly? Can you foresee what awaits for you on this way in the future? When you step in on this way, there is no turning back!
So the nature thought up some mechanisms like sexual attraction, orgasm, etc. to manipulate people and to help them to take the 'proper' decision (the proper from the nature point of view). And poets, artists call all those things using nice words, like love, enchantment, ets - but it all is a rubbish.
So please, don't tell me about love. There is no love, it is only mechanism that forces us to give another generation - when it is done, we become unimportant. This is the greatest manipulation of the nature. We are just tools used to make this circle turning on and on....

By writting this I don't have intension to insult anyone, it is just my opinion. On the other hand, this what I wrote you may call the essence of humanity - that is also true. I just wanna tell, that not all are ready to take part in this but all feel the mechanism that persuade them to do it - and this is unjusty in my opinion.
If you feel that this is ok for you, and feel good with this - it is ok. But sometimes it is funny for me, all this coutrtship, picking up, chats, refusals is hilarous, why people don't say straight from the begining what this all is about...
It is all governed by the nature: the best females chose the best males, and the best males fertilize the best females to give the best, the strongest offspring. The rest if needless and futile. And you can call it wathever you like, love for example...
HvyMtlClickWitch wrote:What IS the purpose of love?
I just wrote my opinion.
Stratolily wrote:Damn it!
Probably chemistry in his organism discouraged him. There is nothing to despair or be angry of. Your relationship, and possible 'fruits' wouldn't be the best solution for the nature. Probably the better one is awaiting for you.
stratoplayer wrote:cuz the human soul yearns for understanding and the acceptance of others... filling a void of loneliness everyone has deep down...
without this we wouldn't be humans, and for nature we would be useless tools
Beast_Pete wrote:I'm only able to have longterm-relations.
Thi is also interesting issue worth separate discussion. Are the humans created to live whole life with one partner? It is rarity in the majority of species. For me it is a great thing, but I think it is not easy.
Beast_Pete wrote:Till then I try to enjoy the freedom.
So what is the relationship? A slavery? You see, would you condemn yourself for this without interference of the nature?

Hmmm I totally disagree with you.... you're mixing love with sex, and I can asure you that they're completely different things...

the only time I felt in love I swear to god I didn't expect to have sex with that person, and I mean I REALLY loved that person, I enjoyed the company , chats, studying everything, and "nature" things never happened and I didn't care.... I'm still in love with that person...

You may feel fisical atratction to someone but that's not love!

Other thing

Imagine an old couple who's not capable of doing nature things, they still love each other!

I hate this feeling