The Universe

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeonVomit
Re: The Universe

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:34 pm

htcdude wrote:Yep i do. Why do you ask that?
Because it shows that you have complete disregard for everything that scientists (engineers, biologists, doctors, geologists, archeologists, physicists, astronomers) have struggled to create and discover over the past 200 years. Scientific proof is a lot more wieghty than anything else, especially something as inaccurate as the bible. The bible has been written, re-written, mistranslated, misquoted and re-edited so many times you don't even know what to believe anymore. Do you think that every archeologist that stated the age of a human artefact that is over 6000 years is completely wrong? That every paleontologist has devoted their life to unearthing fossils that aren't real? That dinosaur skeleton in the Natural History Museum looks real enough to me. Do you honestly believe there is a vast scientific conspiracy specifically designed to mislead the world into believing anything other than (supposedly) God's word?

I believe that God had something to do with our eventual being here, and I think that he took all of the 4.5 billion years that this earth has been here to do it. Time is meaningless to God anyway, why rush everything into a mere 7 days? Evolution is a slow, majestic and even beautiful, but sometimes cruel process. Why not believe that that is the path God chose to create this world?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:34 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
htcdude wrote:Exactly, the only reason these guys start these theories is because they don't want to believe the Bible, so the think up an alternative..of course none of these have ever been prooven, even those who make them up admit this.
That is extremely closed minded. They didn't make up theories because they didn't want to believe in the bible. They came up with these ways of how the universe works because they were not convinced by what was written in the bible. And to be fair, the bible is hardy scientifically accurate.

And there is an awful lot more proof for the First Law of Thermodynamics than there is for Noah's Ark. Anyone who believes that the story of Noah actually took place as described in the bible is willfully ignorant and blind.
Sorry i didn't mean to say everyone says that, just most of the 'top guys' in science say that.

Why do you say that people believing the story of Noah are blind and ignorant?
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:43 pm

The bible has been written, re-written, mistranslated, misquoted and re-edited so many times you don't even know what to believe anymore.
I don't think so many times, go to the British Museum, or the one in the US, or the one in Iraq, there's so much evidence there that proves much of the Bible.
Do you think that every archeologist that stated the age of a human artefact that is over 6000 years is completely wrong?
Yes.
That every paleontologist has devoted their life to unearthing fossils that aren't real?
Of course the fossils are real, just not as old as people make out.
That dinosaur skeleton in the Natural History Museum looks real enough to me. Do you honestly believe there is a vast scientific conspiracy specifically designed to mislead the world into believing anything other than (supposedly) God's word?
I don't doubt that there were dinosaurs, i believe there were.
I believe that God had something to do with our eventual being here, and I think that he took all of the 4.5 billion years that this earth has been here to do it. Time is meaningless to God anyway, why rush everything into a mere 7 days? Evolution is a slow, majestic and even beautiful, but sometimes cruel process. Why not believe that that is the path God chose to create this world?
Well if that were so, then it would contradict the Bible, because if the world was created over billions of years, there would have been death, and that would contradict the Bible when it says death entered the world after Adam sinned. Sure God could've create the world in 7 years or 7 seconds if he wanted, but he didn't, it says he did it in 7 days.

Evolution i cannot believe, there is no evidence of anything ever evolving.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:47 pm

htcdude wrote:
The bible has been written, re-written, mistranslated, misquoted and re-edited so many times you don't even know what to believe anymore.
I don't think so many times, go to the British Museum, or the one in the US, or the one in Iraq, there's so much evidence there that proves much of the Bible.
Do you think that every archeologist that stated the age of a human artefact that is over 6000 years is completely wrong?
Yes.
That every paleontologist has devoted their life to unearthing fossils that aren't real?
Of course the fossils are real, just not as old as people make out.
That dinosaur skeleton in the Natural History Museum looks real enough to me. Do you honestly believe there is a vast scientific conspiracy specifically designed to mislead the world into believing anything other than (supposedly) God's word?
I don't doubt that there were dinosaurs, i believe there were.
Well if that were so, then it would contradict the Bible, because if the world was created over billions of years, there would have been death, and that would contradict the Bible when it says death entered the world after Adam sinned. Sure God could've create the world in 7 years or 7 seconds if he wanted, but he didn't, it says he did it in 7 days.

Evolution i cannot believe, there is no evidence of anything ever evolving.

In that case, let's not bring this up again. I might say things that I will regret and you might take offence to. I think you need to do some serious reading and thinking about this subject from an objective standpoint.

That is all.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:49 pm

htcdude wrote:
If you believe it literally, you are suspending reality.

Check in the bible. It says the dimensions of the Ark.

Now think about how many millions of species of animals, birds, insects there are in the world. We're still just discovering some now. Would they all fit into a boat made with the technology and skills of someone from that many thousands of years ago to those dimensions? Be logical. Animals used to different climates, animals that would eat each other. What about the plants? They would all have been destroyed and then what? Life could not have continued without plants. So, logically, Noah should've taken on a specimen of every single plant we have here today. Giant redwoods, Bristlecone Pines (which are 4000 years old themselves, the oldest organic living entity on Earth), all would've had to have been left in the ark as well for more than 40 days without dying after being uprooted. Unless they came into the Ark themselves.
If the entire world was submerged by a giant flood, we would still see the effects of this today in geomorphological terms. To see some real geomorphology, go to the nearest beach and see it in action yourself. If all the polar ice caps melted and all the rain fell from the sky, there would still be an awful lot of land exposed on Earth. This isn't open to discussion, this is a simple fact of how much water there is on our planet relative to how much land there is. So a pan-global flood is impossible. Would God break the laws of physics (which I personally believe He created to make the Universe work as it does) so blatantly and not leave us any proof of it?

Or wait, do you believe the Earth is flat and at the center of the universe with the Sun and all other planets rotating around it as well? If that is the case, then you contradict yourself with every single interaction with modern technology that you make.

I believe the story of the Ark, like many stories in the bible, is highly symbolic of how the human spirit interacts with the Divine spirit, in accordance to the generally held viewpoints (by university-level Theologists, no less) of Cosmotheandrocism. Look it up. You have a lot of reading to do on this subject. Plus, flatly and outright claiming that the entire scientific community which has given you so much in your life (the very computer you're using right now was designed by scientists, and would not operate without accordance to the Laws of Thermodynamics) is completely wrong with regards to aging of fossils and other such things, is an arrogant claim to make. What is your reasoning as to why they're all wrong? Because it says differently in the bible? That at best, is a flimsy response. Show me some proper evidence and I'll accept it.

I recommend you read Richard Dawkins' book 'The Blind Watchmaker'. Dawkins is an atheist, and I'm not, but I found it very informative and answered a lot of questions that I was not satisfied with by reading the bible. The bible is a poorly interpreted book, and by no means any way shape or form suitable for standing in the place of the observations and discoveries of modern scientists. If you refuse to read or study the viewpoints of other people with different conceptions and ideas and attempt to understand them, then you are leading a very biased and incomplete life. That is pure wilful ignorance and self-righteousness.

Moreover, the Catholic Church itself has accepted Evolution as not being a barrier to faith in God. If they say that, then I can't see why anyone would object to it.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:56 pm

I won't join discussions about religion. But IMO the Universe and its genesis is the proof for the existence of God.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:05 pm

stratohawk wrote:I won't join discussions about religion. But IMO the Universe and its genesis is the proof for the existence of God.
I believe God created the universe. However I don't believe he created the earth 6000 years ago and that the bible is meant to be taken literally.

Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind - Albert Einstein.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:23 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind - Albert Einstein.
Couldn't disagree more. :D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:25 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
htcdude wrote:
If you believe it literally, you are suspending reality.

Check in the bible. It says the dimensions of the Ark.

Now think about how many millions of species of animals, birds, insects there are in the world. We're still just discovering some now. Would they all fit into a boat made with the technology and skills of someone from that many thousands of years ago to those dimensions? Be logical. Animals used to different climates, animals that would eat each other. What about the plants? They would all have been destroyed and then what? Life could not have continued without plants. So, logically, Noah should've taken on a specimen of every single plant we have here today. Giant redwoods, Bristlecone Pines (which are 4000 years old themselves, the oldest organic living entity on Earth), all would've had to have been left in the ark as well for more than 40 days without dying after being uprooted. Unless they came into the Ark themselves.
If the entire world was submerged by a giant flood, we would still see the effects of this today in geomorphological terms. To see some real geomorphology, go to the nearest beach and see it in action yourself. If all the polar ice caps melted and all the rain fell from the sky, there would still be an awful lot of land exposed on Earth. This isn't open to discussion, this is a simple fact of how much water there is on our planet relative to how much land there is. So a pan-global flood is impossible. Would God break the laws of physics (which I personally believe He created to make the Universe work as it does) so blatantly and not leave us any proof of it?

Or wait, do you believe the Earth is flat and at the center of the universe with the Sun and all other planets rotating around it as well? If that is the case, then you contradict yourself with every single interaction with modern technology that you make.

I believe the story of the Ark, like many stories in the bible, is highly symbolic of how the human spirit interacts with the Divine spirit, in accordance to the generally held viewpoints (by university-level Theologists, no less) of Cosmotheandrocism. Look it up. You have a lot of reading to do on this subject. Plus, flatly and outright claiming that the entire scientific community which has given you so much in your life (the very computer you're using right now was designed by scientists, and would not operate without accordance to the Laws of Thermodynamics) is completely wrong with regards to aging of fossils and other such things, is an arrogant claim to make. What is your reasoning as to why they're all wrong? Because it says differently in the bible? That at best, is a flimsy response. Show me some proper evidence and I'll accept it.

I recommend you read Richard Dawkins' book 'The Blind Watchmaker'. Dawkins is an atheist, and I'm not, but I found it very informative and answered a lot of questions that I was not satisfied with by reading the bible. The bible is a poorly interpreted book, and by no means any way shape or form suitable for standing in the place of the observations and discoveries of modern scientists. If you refuse to read or study the viewpoints of other people with different conceptions and ideas and attempt to understand them, then you are leading a very biased and incomplete life. That is pure wilful ignorance and self-righteousness.

Moreover, the Catholic Church itself has accepted Evolution as not being a barrier to faith in God. If they say that, then I can't see why anyone would object to it.
It doesn't say he took every animal, he said every 'kind' of animal..so instead of taking a 2 bulldogs, 2 poodles, 2 terriers...he just took 2 dogs. The animals could've been easily separated so they wouldn't eat each other, the ark was big enough for that.

You recommend a book, ok, i will look out for it, but then you can also look out for a book called Frozen In Time, it explains the Flood and the Ice Age a lot better than i could.

I can't explain everything in detail, but there are people who can..check out http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v14/ ... trophe.asp if you want to, have a look around the site even..there's plenty of evidence about the flood n all.

zeebler

Post by zeebler » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:47 pm

htcdude, can you explain, how we can get the whole variety of dog races, if we have only two different races dogs (and, of course, they are male and female) ?
The question is this: If they (male dog and female dog) create a generation, will we have after 2000 years the whole variety of dog races? Because Noah takes only two dogs... :?:
I love Rosi! --/-@

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:25 pm

Yes, there were 2 dogs on the ark, the race of dogs we have today have simply come from their genes, as humans have different traits, so do dogs.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Ar ... ne2001.asp

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 pm

htcdude wrote:Yep i do. Why do you ask that?
htcdude, nothing against your beliefs, but.. the story of how the earth was written in Babylon, and it was just written to refresh the faith of the believers, they didn't want people to take it serious, it was just something like a try to bring back the faith to the people.

And in fact, i have started to read the bible recently--i've been surrounded many times recently with religions, especially the Christendom, and i'm discovering more and more interesting points in that way of living..
Spamming is serious business!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:55 pm

Believing that two dogs managed to reproduce the entire population of dogs on the planet, all the different breeds all over the world, is gullible at best.

Nigel, I really hate to say this, and I mean you no offence at all, but you have a serious lack of comprehension of how things work in the world. But I can guarantee you, many people out there would be much less polite in telling you that, and they'll not hesitate to make it clear to you. Many people would also think less of you as a person, and seriously doubt your credibility in anything you do. I am not that judgemental, but many people are and it's a fact you have to be prepared for.

Anyway, for the sake of argument, ever notice why some breeds of dog are really stupid and prone to illnesses wheras mongrels tend to be more clever and overall healthier? I have first hand experience of this, I currently own two mixed breeds and have owned purebreds in the past. It's called inbreeding, you've probably heard of it. It is not possible for the entire world's population of dogs to have descended from a single pair of individuals, given the simple fact of inbreeding. The dogs would have ended up as infertile after 4-5 generations, and therefore unable to further reproduce. And this doesnt even go into why there are over (I'm guessing) 200 different recognised breeds of dog.

Was the ark big enough for all the animals to be seperated? The measurements are in the bible. You claim that the bible is accurate, correct? I don't possess a scanner, so I cannot scan the page of my bible that I have on my shelf at this moment, so I guess www.bible.com will have to suffice.

Genesis 6:15 'This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high.' Hereis the exact url for this page, so you can see I'm not making it up.

Ok, 450 feet long and 75 feet wide, to fit two elephants, two camels, two lions, two cheetas, two wildebeast, two giraffes, two crocodiles, two antelopes, two dogs, two cats, two King Cobras, two of all the different sorts of insects, two hyenas, two zeebras, two horses, a cow and a bull, two ant eaters, two armadillos, two sloths, two of all the different sorts of birds (including ostriches peacocks ducks geese turkeys chickens etc.) two Komodo Dragons, two chameleons, two pigs, two deer, two kangaroos (how did they get there from Australia?) two Cyprus Moufflon, two goats, two sheep etc.

Plus, bear in mind the stores that would've had to have been made of food (different kind for all these animals) and clean water for 190 days (40 days of raining, 150 of the actual flood). All that would've had to fit in the Ark as well.

Do you not find that maybe a bit hard to grasp?

And yes, I have read 'Frozen in Time'. Before I decided to persue music as a career, I was considering going into geology. I have to say that, as a geologist, I found it wholly unconvincing. I found the evidence produced to be weak at best, and downright wrong in some cases. And I was not even in university. I was a high school graduate with an A level in Geography and I could plainly see the weaknesses of the theories presented.

Plus, the case of the flood destroying everything that you presented still does not account to the plant life of the world. Plants on land (as opposed to seaweed and other marine plants) as I am sure you can ascertain, cannot survive submerged in water for 40 days. Plants need air and sunlight to survive. So if the worldwide flood occured, why are there plants today? Why are there specimens dated to 4000 years old? Because seeds were planted? The article claims the flood was powerful enough to replace several layers of paleontological strata of rock. Rock. So how come the seeds of (conveniently) every single kind of plant at the surface, ready to bloom? Any biologist will tell you that is simply not possible for the Earth's entire plant population to grow simultaneously. The soil of the earth, rich as it would be after such a cataclysmic event (never mind those pesky fossils buried in the layers of rock a few miles down) could never sustain every single plant we have today growing at the same time.

The bible is not a scientific document. Nor do I believe it was ever intended to be. Your arguments are flimsy and (again no offence) childish. The website you keep referring to lacks credibility in scientific terms. Please, for your own benefit, look up some properly accredited scientific websites and journals. You will learn a lot.

Science and religion should stay seperate. I have never mixed the two. I think the bible is meant to be taken in a metaphorical fashion as a guide for how one may best live their life. Again, look up cosmotheandrocism.

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:48 pm

Don't worry about offending me, i know lots of people who are totally against what i believe. Anyway, two people created our human race, so no reason to not believe two dogs created their population.

Remember cheetahs, lions, tigers, they're all cats. Wolves, foxes, badgers i think as well, are all dogs, or from the dog family.

I don't find any of it hard to grasp, i believe God can do anything.

I don't know the answer to the plants, but i will find out, i've never been challenged with that before, thanx :)

Obviously someone who knwos more about the Bible can explain my answer far better, my answers are poor, because i haven't studied every aspect of the Bible that there is to study, and i'm not highly educated either i'll admit that. But i've read articles written by all sorts of people, and have seen all of what i believe to be the right answer for the questions. If that makes sense.

Yo Dave, if you wanna chat on MSN, feel free anytime :)

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:25 pm

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Dude what you are talking is nonsense... "dog family"?? they're all canines but VER VERY VERY different from each others, I mean their genetics differences can't be this early (4000 years) thousands of thousands of years are necesary to make small changes! Look at lions, cats and hienas, they are all felines (YES A HIENA IS NOT A CANINE) its just... imposible man, don't be so close minded!!.. I'm catholic, and Im sure that the people who wrote the bible knew only one thing : God created the Universe. Well yes I beleive in that, he created mankind also, but not with Adan and Eva, he created the smal soup of living beens in the oceans that millions of years later became humans...

As NeonVomit said, people will hurt you badñy if you continue to be so closeminded

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:34 pm

I've heard somewhere that there indeed was a big flood long time ago--exactly at that time when the bible tells it. And some time ago there was also a big headline in some newspaper "Scientists found Noah's ark"..

@htcdude: think i'll sign in tomorrow (i still have no PC), many questions are running through my head--and i know nearly nobody who takes being christ serious, so i think i need someone to talk to :)
Spamming is serious business!

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:07 am

Miguel_Ricardo wrote:As NeonVomit said, people will hurt you badñy if you continue to be so closeminded
People will hurt me???? They can take their best shots.

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:56 am

Just to clear this up for the rest of you. The Universe was a seven string guitar made originally for little Stevie Vai back in the late 80's, early 90's. Made by Ibanez, it was available in either black or the really cool multi-color swirl. No two swirl paint jobs were exactly alike, making each one unique. Just like all of us and our opinions. :D

A little comic relief, happy debating!!

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:52 am

I'm sorry to be so blatant but... missionary work makes me both angry and sad. I just don't understand why people have such a strong need to impose their views and ideas on others... It is a very intolerant practice indeed.

Anyways, I see one of those preacher - pupil relationships developing here between htcdude and Dave. Well whatever, if it makes BOTH of you happy, carry on. :)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:24 am

browneyedgirl wrote:What do you guys think about the Matter&Anti-matter theory? ???

The scientists have found Anti -Matter in real life in Cern (Switzerland). Anti-Matter is the most powerful source of energy,it´s effeciency is 100%.( Nuclear fissions effeciency is 1,5%) :shock:
Hopefully mankind uses it peacefully :)

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:33 pm

htcdude wrote:Anyway, two people created our human race, so no reason to not believe two dogs created their population.
Ok, but tell that to any medical professional and they'll laugh in your face. Yeah, the same doctors who take care of you and fix you up after an accident or prescribe medication for when you're ill. Anyone trying to prove that scientifically is heading for ridicule.

You said yourself you're not well educated. If anything, this means you should be searching for real answers harder than anyone else. Don't use one or two biased sources (namely that website you keep linking or the bible itself). If you read as widely as you should, you'll realise that the story of creation as presented in the bible is flat out wrong and misleading... it's about the equivalent of seeing an adult who seriously believes in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

It's good to see that you aren't put down, but you have much to learn.

Dave, I take Christ seriously. I consider myself a Christian, but I'm not a sheep either. I think God took all 15 billion years to create the Universe and the 4.5 billion years to create this Earth. In fact, every single shred of scientific objective evidence points towards that.

zeebler

Post by zeebler » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:09 pm

I think, that it is very stupid to hurt someone, because he thinks different of you...
Lets just think, experiment, research,... to create the sciense - that is the point - The truth! Not the war and the demonstrate...
I love Rosi! --/-@

zeebler

Post by zeebler » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:01 pm

It isn't so nice (good) to say someone "They'll laugh in your face"... That doesn't help someone to understands.
I love Rosi! --/-@

htcdude

Post by htcdude » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:43 pm

NV, can i just ask, if you believe in God and Christ, you believe the Bible too? Because this is the Word of God. How come you don't think he meant 7 days when he said that?

Metalsoul

The Universe

Post by Metalsoul » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:48 pm

Hello! :) The theories?Well,we don't need of someone's fantasies what in fact is the Universe.Some kind of terrestrial and unknown civilizations have the right answer of that,but we?Hmm,the Bible?NASA?Well,in fact we are like an ants in that cosmic game,called "Earth's life".However to try to find the answers,there are not so many things,that give to us a real confidence,that "this is the answer".
Our mental development,our culture and all our human being creations are too closed to that things.
May be in the not so close future we'll know all we want but not and now!
Congrats about the nice topic,sweet boy! :P

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:01 pm

htcdude wrote:NV, can i just ask, if you believe in God and Christ, you believe the Bible too? Because this is the Word of God. How come you don't think he meant 7 days when he said that?
Because it is the word of God as written and interpreted by man (or men rather). It is extremely important to remember that, always. Genesis in particular was written by several authors. And the Bible has been rewised several times; books have been added and removed.
The Bible is mostly symbolic. Consider the story of Adam and Eve (one of at least two stories of creation in the Bible, btw. A creation story that predates the one about Adam and Eve appears in a later passage). Adam and Eve means "man" and "woman", respectively, in Hebrew.
And much of the Bible is simply of no particular relevance today, because the various books of the Bible are very much products of their time and addresses what was of importance in those days. It made sense in 2000 BC not to eat pork, due to hygienic reasons. Today? Not so much.
Some of the teachings of Jesus are certainly of timeless importance, but many parts aren't. Unless you're planning on exiling all women having their period.
Btw, there may have been a flood, but it certainly didn't cover the whole world; it covered a sizable portion of the region the stories of Genesis take place (which to the author was the whole world, certainly).
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

zeebler

Post by zeebler » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:47 pm

One theory says that god is energy (+ and -), not mind. He appears in everithyng. + goes to +, - goes to -. Human actions makes things + or -. But I don't know enought good this theory (for thr moment) and can't tell anything more about this :( Another theoty call this not God - Nature (this theoty is more true than the other, because God, according to Christendom, can think and talk, and...).

But in another theory ("Think => exist!") anything is mind-maded (in the first time, later everything live by itself, not by another mind - only the creation is mind-maded).

???
I love Rosi! --/-@

zeebler

Post by zeebler » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Congrats about the nice topic,sweet boy!
Thank you very much Metalsoul!!! You are my favourite! :wink:

About Adam and Eva - yes, it is symbolic said.
In the hunderyears the Bibble was correct. That's true, because there are was many disputes about this themes - sciense - she wasn't think about the Nature (analysis) or the human feeling - she was thinking only for the place of human in the nature... And the Christienity was made thanks to the AncientGreek culture (most philosophy) and civilization... I will search for a literatur about this.
I love Rosi! --/-@

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:19 pm

htcdude wrote:NV, can i just ask, if you believe in God and Christ, you believe the Bible too? Because this is the Word of God. How come you don't think he meant 7 days when he said that?
I believe the bible is not meant to be taken literally. Jesus himself told parables, and I think the bible is meant to be seen in the same way. I believe that God did not 'physically' create Adam and Eve in the way described in Genesis, but created their souls like that, that's what the book of Genesis was all about... the creation of the spiritual world and the awakening of spirituality in Man. I think God created the world exactly as scientists would tell you. He had no reason to rush. He could take his time to make it as perfect as it is (or was, before we messed it up). That could also explain the mystery of where Cain found a wife after murdering his brother, if logically there was only him and his brother borne by Eve. Look it up.

As for saying 7 days... in the original Hebrew, the words used for 'days' was actually something meaning 'period of time'. Indeterminate. The bible was altered dramatically by the translation from language to language, which is to be expected since man is imperfect. You can research this yourself.

I believe in God and Christ, but I also believe in logic and reason and science.