World Cup 2006

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Miguel_Ricardo
Re: World Cup 2006

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:53 am

Oh c'mon Stealth !!! you're just making your "excuse" from now, saying that Tevez and lameface Messi are not going to play..... Crespo and Saviola are 100 times better!!! Tevez and Messi are just EXCELENT SUBSTITUTES

We're doomed anyways.....

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:18 am

stratohawk wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
Germany v.s. Portugal (with the side rejuvinated, Portugal will barely squeeze past Germany)

Italy v.s. Brazil (An epic match, I dare not say who will win).

How are my predictions? Thoughts? I'm not much of an expert so let's hear yours!
I'm sorry to say, but these combinations are not possible. The winner of Germany-Argentina will play against Italy, and Brasil vs. England or Portugal.
Re-read my last sentence :lol:
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:01 am

Miguel_Ricardo wrote:Oh c'mon Stealth !!! you're just making your "excuse" from now, saying that Tevez and lameface Messi are not going to play..... Crespo and Saviola are 100 times better!!! Tevez and Messi are just EXCELENT SUBSTITUTES

My excuse? Watch again the games against Holland and Mexico. Tell me if Saviola was better than Messi and Tévez. And sorry but what the hell was that comment about Crespo?!? He SUCKS with the ball. He scores once in a while, but if the other players are unable to give him the ball, it's like playing with one less man. He has no technical ability. "Lameface" Messi... Well, you obviously haven't seen him in Barcelona at all... Well, I'm not even going to bother... You said that you don't follow football very much, and it shows. You really have no clue. Crespo better than Messi and Tévez? NO CLUE whatsoever! 8)
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:08 pm

stratohawk wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote:
stratohawk wrote: :x How they played was far more than arrogant. I couldn't believe it...
wtf? how? :shock:
Brasil was just standing around, they weren't really running, just kicking the ball around. They played like they wanted to show "hey, you are not good enough for us, why should we use some effort?". It was so fucking arrogant. I don't say that they are not good - the single players are STILL THE BEST IN THE WORLD, but the attitude they showed was so... ARGH!!! :x
They were playing on defense man...did you ever saw ppl saying something about the brazilian defense? i never heard. just that they suck! xD

Anyway...even the coach liked what they did. wasnt that arrogant man...also ghana had more ball possesion and attacked more. Brazil is messed up, seriously.

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:56 pm

Stealth wrote:
Miguel_Ricardo wrote:Oh c'mon Stealth !!! you're just making your "excuse" from now, saying that Tevez and lameface Messi are not going to play..... Crespo and Saviola are 100 times better!!! Tevez and Messi are just EXCELENT SUBSTITUTES

My excuse? Watch again the games against Holland and Mexico. Tell me if Saviola was better than Messi and Tévez. And sorry but what the hell was that comment about Crespo?!? He SUCKS with the ball. He scores once in a while, but if the other players are unable to give him the ball, it's like playing with one less man. He has no technical ability. "Lameface" Messi... Well, you obviously haven't seen him in Barcelona at all... Well, I'm not even going to bother... You said that you don't follow football very much, and it shows. You really have no clue. Crespo better than Messi and Tévez? NO CLUE whatsoever! 8)
pff I'm not a sick man about football, but's common sense, Messi playing against Holland and Mexico almost always wanted to play alone, going himself with the ball and losing it, Tevez leans to play like that too, but its not so exagerate.
Pekerman didn't win 3 sub 20 champisnships for nothing, he knows what he's doing.

But as I said before, I see very few chances to win against the locals

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:05 pm

Well, Crespo doesn't play AT ALL. And we have different common senses. And no, Pekerman does not know what he's doing. The under-20 was one thing, this is a different story. You can't keep changing and rotating the players every single game! It's not healthy for the team; the players need to know each other well, and it takes time to achieve that understanding. Still, Crespo is not my star striker. And remember, right before the World Cup, master Pekerman lost games against Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, England and Croatia.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:11 pm

StragOvariuS wrote: Brazil is messed up, seriously.
how do you mean that?

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:10 pm

stratohawk wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote: Brazil is messed up, seriously.
how do you mean that?
They're playing well?

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 am

neeh.. i dont like brazil at all.. :P

go ukraine

Stratovarrior

Post by Stratovarrior » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:29 am

FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!! FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!
The sky have so cute clouds:)...Wind sings in mine ears:)....Rain drops so nicely:)......There i nice and cool weather.....Birds are singing..... - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'M GOING TO FREEK OUT TO FINNISH WEATHER!!!

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:30 am

Stratovarrior wrote:FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!! FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!
sorry wrong sport

uuuuhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh :lol:

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:17 am

Yeah, this is not ice hockey now... But anyway, varrior seems to just have fun always. :D
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:28 am

Miguel_Ricardo wrote:
Stratovarrior wrote:FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!! FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!FINLAND!!!
sorry wrong sport

uuuuhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh :lol:
Guys, that post rocks!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I even can't scream for switzerland, but don't forget where the next european championship will be.... SWITZERLAND!
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:57 am

my team just bought a finnish player ;-) i hope he is good, because my team has to go to the second division this year :-(... last season sucked ass and they lost too much...
Why does life sometimes feel so strange?

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:57 am

1. FC Köln?
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Puh-huh, Germany NEVER can lose the penalties, they can handle them. :wink: 8)

Well, I guess that marked at least a bit that Argentina had to change their goalkeeper...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:50 pm

germany already won the WC.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:02 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:germany already won the WC.
Don't say things like that, you never know.

It was a close-fought match, with Germany prevailing. The home advantage no doubt made a difference. So, the first of my predictions has come true. Let's see what happens between Ukraine and Italy!

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:28 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote:germany already won the WC.
Don't say things like that, you never know.

It was a close-fought match, with Germany prevailing. The home advantage no doubt made a difference. So, the first of my predictions has come true. Let's see what happens between Ukraine and Italy!
At home will be very hard beat them.

Also, italy sucks nowadays...

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:31 pm

CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!! CZECH REPUBLIC!!!
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 pm

Deutschland Deutschland !!!! 8) Mit dem Herzen in der Hand, und der Leidenschaft im Bein, werden wir Weltmeister sein !! 8)

btw: germany won already '54, '74 and '90, see:

54 x 74 - 1990 = ...... 8) 8)
Spamming is serious business!

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:48 pm

:( I'm so sad....... I feel terrible about Cambiasso.... that's one thing that he will never forget.....

Germany also has one of the best goalies.... :(

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:16 pm

YESSS!!!! OOOOHHH YYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's celebrate, my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: I still cannot believe it.... Let's celebrate Jürgen Klinsmann - he is the one and only!!!!!!! :rvd:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:24 pm

Miguel_Ricardo wrote::( I'm so sad....... I feel terrible about Cambiasso.... that's one thing that he will never forget.....

What do you think about Tévez now? He was by far the best... And I still don't understand how the fuck Pekerman put Cruz for Crespo instead of Messi?!? Btw, what did you think about Crespo? I told you he sucks!!! And as I said before, Pekerman has NO idea when it comes to coaching. For the German style of play, we needed Messi. Anyways, I don't want to be a bad loser, so congratulations to Germany, but being objective, the truth is that Germany does not have a good team. I think that the home advantage was decisive, not only because of the crowd, but because that referee acted somewhat in favour of Germany (again, I'm trying to be objective; I think many Germans would agree with this).

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:40 pm

Stealth wrote:
Miguel_Ricardo wrote::( I'm so sad....... I feel terrible about Cambiasso.... that's one thing that he will never forget.....

What do you think about Tévez now? He was by far the best... And I still don't understand how the fuck Pekerman put Cruz for Crespo instead of Messi?!? Btw, what did you think about Crespo? I told you he sucks!!! And as I said before, Pekerman has NO idea when it comes to coaching. For the German style of play, we needed Messi. Anyways, I don't want to be a bad loser, so congratulations to Germany, but being objective, the truth is that Germany does not have a good team. I think that the home advantage was decisive, not only because of the crowd, but because that referee acted somewhat in favour of Germany (again, I'm trying to be objective; I think many Germans would agree with this).
I just wanted to mention something to some of your points:

-Yes, IMO, your coach made decisive mistakes with his changes.
-Yes, the German players are not soooo good if you just look at their single proficency. But Jürgen Klinsmann was able to put a team together, that has a spirit and coherence like we never saw it before. It's the team, not the single players, that form a unit and that is able to beat even teams like Argentina. You must know, before the tournament started, everybody laughed at the German team (I mean here in Germany), and everybody criticised Jürgen Klinsmann. Now he proved that he was right.
-No, I wouldn't say Ljubos Michel acted in favour of Germany (I try to be objective). He made I think two mistakes that would have given advantages to Argentina. But he was able to stop the aggressiveness of the first minutes, he controlled the game well, and IMO he was fair.
-I would say Argentina was playing better today, but Germany was fighting back, never giving up - and in the end they were lucky.

Aresius

Post by Aresius » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:23 am

All i have to say is altough Argentina and Brasil are rivals i hope that they win because at least, we, south american people dont buy games...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:11 am

I see a conspiracy brewing.

Anyhow, Italy decisively beat Ukraine. So far, both my predictions have come true, Germany with a hard-fought victory over Argentina with the home crowd being an advantage, and Italy overpowering Ukraine.

So tomorrow, Neon Bookmakers predict that England will lose on penalties, and Brazil will concede a goal before FINALLY waking up and playing real football to win their match.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:12 am

VAI VAI VAI VAI VAI VAI VAI VAI!!

Er...anyway.....carry on, folks...

Miguel_Ricardo

Post by Miguel_Ricardo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:17 am

FORZA ITALIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:50 am

Aresius wrote:All i have to say is altough Argentina and Brasil are rivals i hope that they win because at least, we, south american people dont buy games...
what's that supposed to mean? :?: