Coming Home!!!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Equinox
Coming Home!!!

Post by Equinox » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:24 am

We all had vacations in some place in time. We all had to go to somewhere far from home. But mostly, we always return home.

What was ur best welcome home, and why?

Personally, mine happened 3 days ago.
I went to my natal country, but it just didn't felt right. I was dying to come back, unknown reason. And even though my plane was delayed in Miami for like..and eternity, and the wheater here in NYC was horrible, I felt it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Coming back to my normal and boring life here in this warm apartment, messy, gray and pale. I serously don't have idea of why I had such a bad trip but anyway...

What's ur history?

[Stupid topic, should be close.]
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

Dave

Re: Coming Home!!!

Post by Dave » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:27 am

When I was coming home from a week in Berlin last year.
Berlin is a great city, and some weeks ago i visited it again for a weekend, so it wasn't because I didn't feel good there.. I just had some fears while I was there.. And i won't tell anymore now :P

Stupid topic, yeah. But it's damn perkele!
Spamming is serious business!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:41 am

It was summer 2001. I got together with my girlfriend at the beginning of August, but one week later we both went away to vacation somewhere else. Never before I hated to go on vacation so much than that summer. It was horrible. I counted every day. And never before I was so impatient to come home. When that day finally arrived, it was sooooo fucking great...

Jester

Post by Jester » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:25 am

I get down to Ft.Myers every now and then. I have been down there recently for Christmas and Thanksgiving. My Dad and Grandfather live there. It's always nice to see them but I don't really make an effort to get down there as much as I should. Everytime I go there I think about how glad I am that I don't live there anymore. I can't go anywhere in that town without running into someone I either went to High School with, or worked with at some point. I've started a new life up here and I like it just fine.

The last time I got up to Cleveland (Ohio), where I am from originally, was back in 2000. Unfortunatly it was to bring my mother up there for her funeral. We made the best of a bad situation though. I got to tour the stadium the Cleveland Browns play in. Got to see the coaches offices, the locker room. Got to walk out the tunnel where the players walk out to get to the field, walked right out in the middle of the field at the 50 yard line. The scoreboards were all lit up and it was snowing. The stadium was empty but I could picture 75,000 of my fellow Browns fans screaming, yelling and cheering. That was a cool experience. Right next door to the stadium is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. It was cool to go there but I was dissapointed that Metal wasn't represented well at all. No Sabbath, no Maiden, Priest. There was a Britney Spears outfit there though and that pissed me off. There was a cool Jimi Hendrix exhibit there and that was about all I really enjoyed of the Rock Hall of Fame.

My home is in Orlando now.

Jesse
"All people improve the gene pool, some by birth, some by their demise".

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:55 pm

It's kind of an interesting topic, actually!!

I can't really think of any stories, though... the only neat thing that happened was like... I went to new york a few years ago and i loved it... this was pre-911, and i haven't been there since, but i imagine now it's very pro-american if you know what i mean... anyway, it wasn't so at the time, and it was tons of fun. the morning i left, i met this crazy guy in the lobby of the gershwin where i was staying (THAT was a fucked up building!) who was saying that whenever you Come Back from somewhere you have to fall in love with your home all over again.
And it was true...
I hated coming home, but I had to come back to grey little Toronto and look at the city all over again... it was simultaneously grim and eye-opening.
So now.. whenever I come home from somewhere I have to go through this inexplicable process of retracing my home city.

not really a good story, just a routine, i suppose... Ha but i think that's all i can contribute ;) usually i'm indifferent or resentful to come home!

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:29 am

oh, and I already can promise: The best time for me coming home will be this may. Then I am finished with the part of my education that takes part in the United States. Dude it will be soooooo great to come back home to Good Ol' Germany - after more than half a year!

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 am

I just got back from a 3 week winter break in Omaha. All I did was work and played computer games. Fun times!
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Lilith

Post by Lilith » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:57 am

I love coming home! When I left 2 years ago to go to college, I didn't know I was gonna miss it as I do. That's why (and because of things that have happened) I've come regularly home this last year. Very often! XD It's so funny...like I have 2 lives...I don't know where I belong to anymore :lol:

But coming home is the best! Especially because there's always food in the refrigerator, I have cable, internet, my family, my dog and my all time friends ;) (though I love my friends there so much as well!!!)

But still...it's cool to come home ;)

I don't know if what I wrote makes sense, but I'm lazy...

anarchy_in_turkey

Post by anarchy_in_turkey » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:17 pm

where i put my head is my home ;)
i destroy to make,i hate to love i live to die what an anarchy causes myself....

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed May 17, 2006 1:02 am

FINALLY - THE DAY HAS COME!!!!!!

After more than half a year in the foreign, hard training, sweat, blood and tears I'm finally coming home...

You guys cannot believe how good I feel. There's no words to describe that...

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed May 17, 2006 5:05 am

Christmas vacations, it was an ok trip but all my friends stayed home and went partying almost every day, I felt really crappy in new year when I called and all of them were together having fun...
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

iron_thunder

Post by iron_thunder » Wed May 17, 2006 5:13 am

Cooooooooommmmmmmmming hoooooooooome!!!!!!!!!

* clare tries to do a kotipelto scream ... and fails miserably *

www.sacredembrace.com
www.myspace.com/sacred_embrace_webzine

Neorave

Post by Neorave » Thu May 18, 2006 4:35 pm

My best coming home (so far), was when I came back to Omaha from the end of the school year. And all of the NON Council rejoiced at my return, and we played Guitar Hero A LOT. Then we went down to a new Chuck E. Cheese knock-off, called Pizza Machine (like Chuck E. Cheese, only it's for all ages, and it's run by a well known pizza chain in the Midwest). We had lots of fun. I can't wait to get back to Omaha again (taking a 1 week, May-Term class), so that I get to see two other buddies this weekend, that are also coming back home.
Somehow I still have an account...yay...?

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Sat May 20, 2006 12:34 am

the only time i had vacations was earlier this year, i went to pakistan for two months.. but when i was back, i felt sad... :S ... cuz i thought "is over now"

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon May 22, 2006 11:28 pm

Timo Kotipelto is coming home to Stratoforum--he's online right now.. Sorry, just have to spread the news around everywhere :D

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Tue May 23, 2006 12:18 am

Dave wrote:Timo Kotipelto is coming home to Stratoforum--he's online right now.. Sorry, just have to spread the news around everywhere :D
WTF? :w00t: Was he reading this forum, interesting... At least he wrote some news on his forum today too. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue May 23, 2006 4:27 pm

IceBreaker wrote:
Dave wrote:Timo Kotipelto is coming home to Stratoforum--he's online right now.. Sorry, just have to spread the news around everywhere :D
WTF? :w00t: Was he reading this forum, interesting...
Not really, he was just checking private messages.

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:35 pm

I have came back home from Karelia! :)
It was a wonderful journey.
Here is a picture from the journey (in Petrozavodsk, at the embankment of Lake Onega)
http://ft.fotoplenka.ru/ft/62/13/101362 ... c66ecf.jpg
Even if I'm an angel, paint me with black wings

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments which take our breath away

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Welcome back Forget-Me-Not! :)

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:04 pm

When I see such beautiful girls like you, Olesia, I think: "It's a pity that I'm not a man!" :D

Welcome back! :P

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:10 pm

Heh^^, you´re F-m-n really beautiful, and welcome back again!

Also I´m now Back from the dead as I arrived this morning back to Finland. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Painless_Cry

Post by Painless_Cry » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:36 am

well, not a welcome.. but something strange happened to me.

earlier this year i lived for two months in pakistan... it was all ok, the whole time i wanted to go home, but... i fell in love, and the night when i was leaving I remember myself in the balcony.., gazing and the stars, crying and singing slowly.. coming home.

Forget-me-not

Post by Forget-me-not » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:22 pm

Thanks to everyone who gave me a welcome :) :) :)

To Morgana: Sometimes I think the same thing too when I see beautiful girls. Men are so lucky that they exist!

To IceBreaker: thank you for the compliment! :) Unfortunately I don't know how to reply on them, but I'm glad to hear them from you.

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:45 pm

I can say that after a week of some really big nights, big sleeps (from 4 am to 2 pm)a near crash-with-the-car experience, that I am really happy to be back! :D

EDIT: Add some litres of beer too...

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:42 am

Last night I came back from a week in Italy.. Besides my cold it feels good to be back.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:15 pm

Ah, I was about noticing where Dave had been gone... :wink:

I came back from the cottage last night, now the holidays are officialy over. :(