Something Useful, and VERY Serious

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Something Useful, and VERY Serious

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:19 pm

Even though there is no need for this info right now, I think these links would be great resource mateial to read at your leisure.

http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

http://www.ki4u.com/survive/doomsday.htm
http://www.radshelters4u.com/index3.htm

I don't think someone is paranoid if they rad such literature, "better safe than sorry" is a good slogan to follow.

I get a good newsletter by Bruce Beach&Arktwo. I will get the link later.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Re: Something Useful, and VERY Serious

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:16 am

Well, this info is important to me because I live about 25 miles from a secondary target-a Dam, 40 miles from a Nuclear Power Plant which is a secondary target&65 miles from an Army Base which is a major target, and my son works in that City.
So, I and my family are pretty much doomed in case of a Nuclear attack.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:44 pm

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:20 pm

:( That's a very serious topic and a very sad one. :cry: Hope that you'll never (and I hope the same of all the people who live in USA) have to face this kind of situation, otherwise that would be unfair.

Btw, the links are interesting. Thank you!
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:42 pm

MetalAngel wrote::( That's a very serious topic and a very sad one. :cry: Hope that you'll never (and I hope the same of all the people who live in USA) have to face this kind of situation, otherwise that would be unfair.

Btw, the links are interesting. Thank you!
It never hurts to be prepared--we are living in kinda unstable times for everyone worldwide. That does not mean we cannot be funny, enjoy life, be happy&all that, but we always have to realize there is evil in the world-selfishness, greed, arrogance, and much anger. And often the innocent are the ones who pay for this.
The 4 Horsemen example in the Book of Revelation symbolizes/tells the story of where mankind is headed if as a species, we don't change our ways.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:39 pm

For example, the Red Horse symbolizes War--the ultimate destination which the path of Hate leads to.
The thought of a nuclear war not only scares me, but makes me sick to my stomach with disgust that any nation would let their attitudes, arrogance, etc lead to this extreme point. I mean, participating in a nuclear exchange would mean destroying the lives forever of totally inocent people&no turning back. If I pushed the Red Button I would never be able to live with myself if I survived. I would die myself before I took an action
like that now that we all know what can happen to the victims.
Thats why I get annoyed when someone says a nuclear bomb should be dropped on USA. :roll: Hate the USA if you want, but a nation consists of PEOPLE--people who have never harmed anyone in another country. In this day&age, no nation is totally safe, so you better be careful what you wish upon others. Nobody knows what the future holds.
Conventinal war is terrible enough, but NUCLEAR is a seperate entity within itself---there is no turning back. I think if I knew a bomb was coming&I knew I was not prepared to survive it, I'd commit suicide. And I am a very strong person.
There is a saying--well,a couple: "Don't feel sorry for those who die in a Nuclear War, save your pity for the survivors." AND,
"I don't know how WWIII will be fought, but I do know how WWIV will be--with sticks&stones!" Einstein sid that, after he saw how his theory worked in WW2 in Japan.

I recommend a movie called "The Day After" about how it is believed aftermath would be after a nuclear exchange.
Other movies along this line would be, "The Day the Earth Stood Still"&"Apocolypse" starring Richard Harris as John, the Apostle. You can blow off the Bible, religion&all that stuff if you want, but if it ever came to a nuclear war, that would be one time it would be necessary for all mankind to stand together-----or, perish. The choice is ours.
Hopefully, the choices we, as a species, make now wil prevent such a catastrophic event from happening. Doomsday is not a "set" event.

Martine

Post by Martine » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:08 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Well, this info is important to me because I live about 25 miles from a secondary target-a Dam, 40 miles from a Nuclear Power Plant which is a secondary target&65 miles from an Army Base which is a major target, and my son works in that City.
Well, I think that in your case, no survival kit whatsoever would work... Get out of there! :shock:
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:09 pm

Martine wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Well, this info is important to me because I live about 25 miles from a secondary target-a Dam, 40 miles from a Nuclear Power Plant which is a secondary target&65 miles from an Army Base which is a major target, and my son works in that City.
Well, I think that in your case, no survival kit whatsoever would work... Get out of there! :shock:
Seriously, I have considered a move to Wyoming, not just because it has the least targets, but its not too populated and a few people I know have lived there&said it was beautiful country. But, the job prospects are not too great. If the world is still standing when I retire I might consider moving there.
BTW, I did not know it until I read some of those links, but one of the main targets is Ontario, Cananda. :eek:
And, if a country sends&sets off an EMP bomb first, before the Nukes, it is all over but the crying. No way to escape! TEOTWAWKI.
But, there is no real need to worry as of this time. There is not tension enough in the world to think "Gloom&Doom" at this point.
It may never happen, hopefully. Some people theorize that a loving God would ever let it get to that point. I hope so, because I'd love to have some grandchildren some day. :D

Martine

Post by Martine » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:52 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: but one of the main targets is Ontario, Cananda. :eek:
Of course Ontario is a target, they're English people. Here in Quebec, we're safe. I'm joking of course, but don't you worry. Do you really think the US Defense would not see a bomb coming? They're prepared for centuries now. They know precisely when a target is targeted, wherever it may come from or whenever. To them, would not be a surprise

To my opinion, your F5 tornados are more scary than any bomb on the Earth. Never saw one. Never saw a bomb either, but anyway.

By the way, when you have a minute, you should pay Montreal a visit. :wink:
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:53 am

Martine wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: but one of the main targets is Ontario, Cananda. :eek:
Of course Ontario is a target, they're English people. Here in Quebec, we're safe. I'm joking of course, but don't you worry. Do you really think the US Defense would not see a bomb coming? They're prepared for centuries now. They know precisely when a target is targeted, wherever it may come from or whenever. To them, would not be a surprise

To my opinion, your F5 tornados are more scary than any bomb on the Earth. Never saw one. Never saw a bomb either, but anyway.

By the way, when you have a minute, you should pay Montreal a visit. :wink:
Oh, yes those F5 tornadoes are at home in Alabama. I live in tornado alley&the closest call was about a year ago when one came within an estimated 2 miles, or so. It was at night(for some reason twisters strike during the night, or late afternon most times)and the wind, rain&lightning were fierce. The power had gone out&I did not even know we had a tornado 'til my son came in from work an hour later when it had calmed down. Sure enough it was on TV the next morning. I think a few people were killed in another state nearby.
We are expecting storms tomorrow---November&December are the months for Killer tornadoes here in the South, due to the weather trying to change from fall to Winter.

Yes, you are rigt--there are bombs designed to take out other bombs, the ones coming in. But, they canot take out all of them--maybe 50% at best. Of course, that is 50% less that can kill&destroy. Just 1 bomb strategicly placed(NYC or LA) could put USA in a tailspin.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:11 am

http://www.thebulletin.org/article_nn.p ... nd06norris

Thats all well&good, but just one nuclear bomb is one too many!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:02 am

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:57 pm