I'M OFFENDED BY A STRATOVARIUS SONG!!!!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
AGAG
Re: I'M OFFENDED BY A STRATOVARIUS SONG!!!!

Post by AGAG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:15 pm

WTF is this thread about?? ??? ??? ???
---...---

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm

About some troll poking fun at me and the "I'm offended by a Helloween Song" I opened a while back. It was about Silent Rain. I was in a very pissy mode that day and happened to really listened to the lyrics of the song. And I still stand by my opinion: I don't like the mix of happy instrumental and those dark lyrics about a dad going to his daughter for a "Secret Playing". I don't think it was a good Idea to add those lyrics to the more happyish Instrumental "Silent Rain".

Florian

Post by Florian » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:26 pm

I don't really like Silent Rain neither...

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:36 pm

I see, hmmm, i should read the lyrics too
---...---

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:42 pm

Well, it's not to be taken directly, they're just kidding, like Manowar's Pleasure Slave or Cannibal Corpse's Necropedophile, those are very controversial and politically incorect songs, but they are not written to be understood at first rank! That's why it's fun, can you show me another musical genre, apart from metal, where artists dare producing controversial songs?
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Arkash wrote:Well, it's not to be taken directly, they're just kidding, like Manowar's Pleasure Slave or Cannibal Corpse's Necropedophile, those are very controversial and politically incorect songs, but they are not written to be understood at first rank! That's why it's fun, can you show me another musical genre, apart from metal, where artists dare producing controversial songs?
I know that. I still don't think it was a good idea. And we already talked about that in the other thread. But you have to agree that it isn't the kind of song you would expect to find on an Helloween album.

Florian

Post by Florian » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:48 pm

The three quarters of The Legacy are not the kind of songs I would expect to find on an Helloween album...

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:50 pm

Well, I'm not a great Helloween fan, I dont know them much, I'm more into Gamma Ray, actually, so, well, I'll have to get deep into Helloween one of these days!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Florian wrote:The three quarters of The Legacy are not the kind of songs I would expect to find on an Helloween album...
Why all the hate for Keepers 3? I LOVE that album (well, apart from that one song). I think it is more than worty to be called "Keeper of the Seven Keys" and they did a great job by not just trying to rehash old ideas and copy from the Keeper albums but actually tried to create something new. I know they didn't reinvent the wheel, but I think they did a damn good job on Keepers III.

Florian

Post by Florian » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:56 pm

I don't think so. I like the 3 or 4 first songs (King For A 1000 Years is awesome, really epic) but the reast is just boring I think (Mrs God, WTF?).

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 pm

Mrs. Good is funny as hell! I laughed my ass of when I saw the video for the first song!

Florian

Post by Florian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:02 am

I think this song is just boring, like the other songs from The Legacy...

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 am

Maybe it could be well listened as a song that critizices some of those issues through irony, I kind of like when they play with stuff like that
---...---

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 am

Sorry, but I don't really see any Irony in the lyrics of the song.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 am

Arkash wrote:Well, it's not to be taken directly, they're just kidding, like Manowar's Pleasure Slave or Cannibal Corpse's Necropedophile, those are very controversial and politically incorect songs, but they are not written to be understood at first rank! That's why it's fun, can you show me another musical genre, apart from metal, where artists dare producing controversial songs?
I think the working title for "Black Diamond" was "Black Diamond -- NECROPEDOPHILE". :lol:

Hey again a rich history moment from my musical career: I once played in a band (Silver Mountain) that thought a song called "Homosexual Killer" would be too controversial for the US market. Especially the SF Bay area where the early 80s metal scene was quite amazing.

So we rewrote the song into "Necrosexual Killer", just to be a bit less offensive.

Another one of those stories I couldn't make up even if I wanted to..

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:50 am

It could aswell be a matter of taste then.
---...---

nepi

Post by nepi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Florian wrote:The three quarters of The Legacy are not the kind of songs I would expect to find on an Helloween album...
Why all the hate for Keepers 3? I LOVE that album (well, apart from that one song). I think it is more than worty to be called "Keeper of the Seven Keys" and they did a great job by not just trying to rehash old ideas and copy from the Keeper albums but actually tried to create something new. I know they didn't reinvent the wheel, but I think they did a damn good job on Keepers III.
though it might be a good album (finally everyone can judge for himself), i'd chosen a title with a hint rather than just a part 3... something like "legacy of the keys" would have done a great job too without reduce the quality and expectations...
further, i dont see the point to make a part 3 after years and so many changes in line-up... suppose it was just a matter of money and getting more publicity in the scene...
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:17 am

nepi wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
though it might be a good album (finally everyone can judge for himself), i'd chosen a title with a hint rather than just a part 3... something like "legacy of the keys" would have done a great job too without reduce the quality and expectations...
further, i dont see the point to make a part 3 after years and so many changes in line-up... suppose it was just a matter of money and getting more publicity in the scene...
No. They wanted to prove that they can still do it. And in my opinion they did it again! Keeper III was, apart from this 1 song, a awesome album!

nepi

Post by nepi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:29 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
nepi wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
No. They wanted to prove that they can still do it. And in my opinion they did it again! Keeper III was, apart from this 1 song, a awesome album!
from my point of view, it is a good album but does not deserve to be part 3 of the keepers... it's too modern and the spirit is just missing - for a real keeper3, kai and kiske has to return and got an unbelievable creative rush of writing songs :)
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Fuck Kai and especially fuck Kiske. The point of the album was to show that they could do a Keeper Album with the current Line-Up! And I think they did that perfectly! Not with any guest appereances. That Kiske asshole would've never agreed to appear on the album anyway since he things Metal is dead.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 pm

I think the working title for "Black Diamond" was "Black Diamond -- NECROPEDOPHILE". Laughing

I know I cant stay by your side, forever, my child cooooorpse, but I knooooow, I wont forget your rotten ass my little dead girl.

Why dont you dream with me, about the things we could do, to a worm-infested children mouuuuuth!

No, that's...that's growse! Stratocorpse! :D

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:07 pm

EEEW,EEEW :puke:

AAAAAAAAAA 2.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAA 2.0 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm

I don't get it--- If "Black Diamond" was supposed to be racist, why isn't it called "Nigger Diamond"? :lol:
:rotflmao1: :rotflmao2:

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:26 am

Is this a joke or are you serious??? :roll:

It don't matter if you're
Black or white

As I know the name Black Diamond was choose 'cause Timo Tolkki dog! :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:48 am

it would be a bigger joke if it was serious

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Polaris wrote:Is this a joke or are you serious??? :roll:

Black or white

Look at the fuckking name:
Ragehead91: Me
Ragehead93: Troll

Ragehead93
Location:Under Wolfgang Schäuble's wheelchair sabotaging it.

Post by Ragehead93 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:48 pm

Polaris wrote:Is this a joke or are you serious??? :roll:

Black or white

Look at the fuckking name:
Ragehead93: Me
Ragehead91: Troll

Black diamond was not written for timo tolkki's fucking dog you fool, it was about some fat black chick he had a thing for ,but after she broke up with him he became a giant racist:x :x Did you know black diamonds are like regular diamonds with impurities? What do you think it means then to call someone a black diamond? :x :x

Ragehead93
Location:Under Wolfgang Schäuble's wheelchair sabotaging it.

Post by Ragehead93 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:50 pm

RAGEHEAD91 IS A TROLL WHO STOLE MY POSTCOUNT

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great!!! Ragehead 93 is the funny one of those twins. :lol: :lol: :lol: 91 is the angry.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Gollum! Gollum!