FIFA World Cup 2010 thread

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
ggonza43
Re: FIFA World Cup 2010 thread

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:38 pm

NeonVomit wrote:...Oh my. Arjen Robben was injured in a friendly match and is a major doubt for the world cup.

What is happening?!!?
:shock:
Because of an injury on his left leg in a friendly match against Hungry, Arjen Robben it's in doubt for this World Cup, but momentanously he won't be travelling to South Africa
Netherland is losing its stars also, and still counting :?
|StratoFan Forever|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:28 pm

If Robben doesnt make it, I'll be quite sad. He's been in the form of his life lately and has done a brilliant job for Bayern this season.

Is it me, or are Brazil the only really powerful team not to be missing key players? I mean Kaka's fitness has been so-so this season, but other than that everyone else seems to be okay. For Spain, Torres hasn't been playing too often this season with recurring complaints, and most crucially Xavi and Iniesta, the engine of the team, have both had a few injury scares lately. (I suppose Argentina aren't worried about injuries, but they have other problems.)

A thought about Greece. If Argentina win their first two matches, it means that in the final first-round match against Greece they're most likely going to rest the really important star players like Messi and Mascherano for the knock-out stages... so if Greece get one win or at least two draws fromt their first games, they're in with a shout I suppose.

As for Denmark, their form over the last couple of months has been pretty awful.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Is it true what I heard? :shock:
Droghba[?] will miss the WC? :cry:
He's the spirit of Ivory Coast, and one of the best forward players around.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:12 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Is it true what I heard? :shock:
Droghba[?] will miss the WC? :cry:
He's the spirit of Ivory Coast, and one of the best forward players around.
He injured his arm, so we have to wait and see.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Shit, a lot of bad things happening to important players :x

And it has been some strange avalanch 10 minutes before the match in Nigeria - North Korea... :?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Well, for sure it wasn't N Korea's supporters.

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:01 am

I just hope that if we win again the world cup, people won't say that we reach the goal cause the injuries of the players other nations...
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Anyway, Robben is still part of the Netherlands team as his injury wasn't as serious as first thought, he might not play in the first match but he'll be around. Same deal with Drogba, he's apparently recovering well.

Let's hope so! The more star players, the more interesting the tournament.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Nani's out. Big blow for Portugal, especially considering Cristiano Ronaldo's role as more of a playmaker than goalscorer; Nani was going to take care of the finishing jobs. Shame, he's had a fantastic season as well.

This World Cup is cursed.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 am

Damn! Green fucked up today.

Argentina played aggressively. I'm surprised.

South Korea had it all along.

South Africa could have done better, but the draw is fair.

France should have scored, but Uruguay's defense was strong as steel.

The only game I'm interested tomorrow is Germany vs Australia.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 am

Greece messed up as we all pretty much knew they would.

Argentina did quite well, Messi had a bad day as far as finishing was concerned but still good overall.

England started strong, but Green's mistake will cost them dearly.

Yeah, nothing too interesting today apart from Germany's match.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:11 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote: South Africa could have done better, but the draw is fair.
Oh man that was close :o All the missed oportunities by Mexico on the first half could have cost us more.
NeonVomit wrote: Argentina did quite well, Messi had a bad day as far as finishing was concerned but still good overall.
And Nigeria's goalie was great also. Argentina should have no problem finishing first on that group.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Slovenia was a surprise.

Ghana got really lucky with the penalty.

RIP all Aussies.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:14 am

I guess The Netherlands have to play tommorow but don't expect any comments from me. I would rather eat a pile of shit than watch football. I find it one of the most boring and useless things to watch!:P

To everyone who watches this whole footballthing anyways: Have fun!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 am

rikkertje wrote:I guess The Netherlands have to play tommorow but don't expect any comments from me. I would rather eat a pile of shit than watch football. I find it one of the most boring and useless things to watch!
Are you sure you're not American? :shock:

Edit: If you knew Spanish, you would definitely love football/soccer. Mainly for this reason-

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wwINjKMfNA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wwINjKMfNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:41 am

Fucking shit... How many times you think the guy came in that minute? :?
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I especially like the first 17 seconds, where he starts talking faster and faster and faster :rotflmao1:

(I have no idea what he was saying though :eyes)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:54 am

SOCCER RULES

People usually don't get wild when they play soccer in america. They usually sip wine and toss each others salads to Für Elise.

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 am

:D :D Germany! Germany! Germany! Germany!

podolski, klose,muller cacau.... :luv2:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 am

I'm currently in Munich, but didn't catch the match (was at a Slayer gig. Again. Met the guys from The Haunted which was pretty cool... anyway) but from what I've read/seen, it was a pretty strong showing from Germany (apparently the second youngest team at the competition).

I'm expecting similar things from Netherlands today. Even without Robben, they've got a powerful team, while Denmark have been... unconvincing. I still wish Sweden were in their place.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:If you knew Spanish, you would definitely love football/soccer. Mainly for this reason-

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wwINjKMfNA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wwINjKMfNA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
The language is Portuguese. This video is from Brazil.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:47 pm

South Africa - Mexico: Expected more from the mexicans, they could have easily won the match :?
Uruguay - France: Even though they (Uruguay) barely made it to this World Cup, it was an intense match. The only that was missing were the goals, but overall: great match!
Argentina - Nigeria: We were always complaining about Messi not giving the 100% the way he does in Bacelona; with this match we all had to shut up. He made a tremendous performance, but the team hadn't; besides, the keeper from Nigeria had an excellent match, so we can't complain
Korea - Greece: What a shity match the greeks made :?
England - USA: So far, the most exciting match I've seen in this WC
Slovenia - Algeria: WTF?! Slovenia took us all by surprise!
Germany - Australia: When I saw the first goal, I changed the channel; the germans were WAY much superior
Serbia - Ghana: Pretty much what we all expected. This group is for Germany and Ghana, no doubt
Netherlands - Denmark: Haven't watched it yet, I just came from Uni and it had already finished; but it was previsible
Japan - Cameroon: Still playing, but I assume it will end the way it is now (maybe one more goal from Japan, but it makes no difference); Eto'o made a very poor performance, such a pity

So far, the WC got interesting a lil' bit this last days, but we'll have to see. Expecting Italy - Paraguay (Vamos Paraguay :D!)
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 pm

ggonza43 wrote:South Africa - Mexico: Expected more from the mexicans, they could have easily won the match :?
Uruguay - France: Even though they (Uruguay) barely made it to this World Cup, it was an intense match. The only that was missing were the goals, but overall: great match!
Argentina - Nigeria: We were always complaining about Messi not giving the 100% the way he does in Bacelona; with this match we all had to shut up. He made a tremendous performance, but the team hadn't; besides, the keeper from Nigeria had an excellent match, so we can't complain
Germany - Australia: When I saw the first goal, I changed the channel; the germans were WAY much superior
Serbia - Ghana: Pretty much what we all expected. This group is for Germany and Ghana, no doubt
Netherlands - Denmark: Haven't watched it yet, I just came from Uni and it had already finished; but it was previsible
Japan - Cameroon: Still playing, but I assume it will end the way it is now (maybe one more goal from Japan, but it makes no difference); Eto'o made a very poor performance, such a pity

So far, the WC got interesting a lil' bit this last days, but we'll have to see. Expecting Italy - Paraguay (Vamos Paraguay :D!)
The most exciting game ends in a 1-1 tie and you expect me to watch this over basketball?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Rebel wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:South Africa - Mexico: Expected more from the mexicans, they could have easily won the match :?

The most exciting game ends in a 1-1 tie and you expect me to watch this over basketball?
Surely you don't have a clue about futbol. It's not about the match result, but the match itself; and talking about basket, who won yesterday at the play-offs? I went to sleep at the end of the first half when Boston was above Lakers for like 5 points
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:33 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Surely you don't have a clue about futbol. It's not about the match result, but the match itself; and talking about basket, who won yesterday at the play-offs? I went to sleep at the end of the first half when Boston was above Lakers for like 5 points
The NBA is garbage anyways.
Let me show you what a real exciting basketball game looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4YrJENWA
(That's part 9 of the game, watch through part 13, related videos)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Rebel wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Rebel wrote:

The NBA is garbage anyways.
Let me show you what a real exciting basketball game looks like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4YrJENWA
(That's part 9 of the game, watch through part 13, related videos)
You are such a negative dude :lol:!! Let's end this discussion here
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:09 pm

ggonza43 wrote: Surely you don't have a clue about futbol.
JAJAJA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Stealth wrote: The language is Portuguese. This video is from Brazil.
Oops! You're right.
He talked so fast and all I caught was "GOLAZO!" :lol:

Anyway, today's games were ok.

Netherlands is always strong, thus the 2-0.

Japan- good shit.

Italy is just not the same without Totti, Perrota, Luca Toni, Pirlo, etc... Good job, Paraguay.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:34 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote: Italy is just not the same without Totti, Perrota, Luca Toni, Pirlo, etc...
Yes, although they are the best looking team so far... :D Where are the women in this thread anyway?? :lol:

Ivory Coast vs Portugal should be an awesome game, hope they don't dissappoint!

BTW, my team is playing the semi-final in our tournament at work tomorrow. First time we've made it that far, wish us luck! :D

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 am

Just very anxious for my team, Brazil starts the tournament... Go Dunga go!!! Kaka, Luis Fabiano, Robinho... I think it will be 3 x 0 for Brazil.
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )