Blind Guardian

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
icecab21
Re: Blind Guardian

Post by icecab21 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:03 am

of course that is the difference between hearing the album and hearing the full album,

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:48 pm

hiro23 wrote:Just the songs that are available, that's why I said I was looking forward to hearing the whole thing :D
I have only heard one clip... But I refuse to listen to more until i get the "entire" album :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 am

It leaked.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Wheel of Time is in every way a superior song to "And then there was silence"
the real orchestration adds so much to this song I can hardly describe it. This is bar none their best album. I can't even put into words... how great the orchestration sounds

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:30 am

The Wheel of Time is in every way a superior song to "And then there was silence"
Every way? seems a bit dramatic. in some ways yes, but i would not say in every way, they both feature some rather different kinds of music.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:23 am

icecab21 wrote:
Every way? seems a bit dramatic. in some ways yes, but i would not say in every way, they both feature some rather different kinds of music.
Maybe it's a bit dramatic. But it is the superior song.

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Rebel wrote:
icecab21 wrote:
They are very different, but in no way is WoT better than ATTWS.

BTW: The album is great, I'd say it is the second best BG album (after A Night At the Opera).

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 pm

I enjoy the thrash (?) era of Blind Guardian more for some reason..While usually cheesy keyboard and guitar melodies attract me. :err:

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:03 pm

The wasn't a thrash metal era of BG I think (though there was a speed metal era in the beginning). Anyway, I like the later albums too (Somewhere Far Beyond and after, except ATitM).

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 pm

Oh yes speed metal that was the word i was looking for. :wink:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 am

Balu wrote:
Rebel wrote:
icecab21 wrote:
They are very different, but in no way is WoT better than ATTWS.

BTW: The album is great, I'd say it is the second best BG album (after A Night At the Opera).
Wheel of Time is vastly more dramatic than ATTWS, and the fact that it's a real orchestra puts it on a completely different playing field

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:13 am

i like silence better as a song and night at the opera better as a album. give a night at the opera a 90 peice orchrestra and hear what they do with that album. they are simply not on the same playing field budget, production, and time wise.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:24 am

icecab21 wrote:i like silence better as a song and night at the opera better as a album. give a night at the opera a 90 peice orchrestra and hear what they do with that album. they are simply not on the same playing field budget, production, and time wise.
I'm still not so sure. ANATO was relentless, but what gets me about The Wheel of Time, is the way they got to the point, the incorporation of the middle eastern sound, and the orchestral interlude in the middle of the song are really what did it for me. They're more mature than they were eight years ago, and the middle of the song is tense as hell. I was chatting with a friend as we both listened to it the first time, and during that section, I remember typing "Holy Fuck, this song is about to fucking explode".

As it stands, the Wheel of Time could be my favorite power metal song ever. It's shot up my last.fm charts faster than any song ever has.

What also really amazed me, was the middle of the album, you could put Wheel of Time with ATTWS, and Ride into Obsession with Battlefield, and Tanelorn with Punishment Divine, but again, the band has matured. ANATO was relentless, whereas ATEOT used subtly, tension, and reprieves, to make the heavy/epic sections that much more effective. When you take the album as a whole, putting the War of the Thrones before A Voice in the Dark makes AVITD that much more powerful, and the contrast of Ride into Obsession and Curse My Name highlights the strengths of both songs masterfully. There was no breathing room in ANATO, and sometimes that just leaves you exhausted.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:31 am

Video for A Voice In The Dark is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIZNb96E ... r_embedded

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:59 pm

I think it's great album! Curse my name is my favourite right now :)

My first impression is that this is far better that Twist

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Mormegil wrote:Video for A Voice In The Dark is out:

Utterly ludicrous video and a great song.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:03 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Video for A Voice In The Dark is out:

Utterly ludicrous video and a great song.
The video is embarrasing. Isn't BG like, a massive band? Shouldn't they be able to afford slightly better quality than that? :lol:

About At the Edge of Time; I love it! It's by no mean their best album, but I can't bring myself to stop listening to it and I don't want to. :) Sacred Worlds and Wheel of Time, while not matching And Then There Was Silence, are both among their greatest songs ever. Curse My Name is probably my least favourite, but I never feel like skipping even that one.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Anxiously waiting the order to arrive. :| I have ridiculously high expectations. At very least it will be a better album than A Twist in the Myth. Its latter half was worst Guardian ever. :(
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:01 pm

A Twist in the Myth didn't leave me with either bad or good feelings wich isn't a good thing.. :cry:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:32 am

I loved a twist in the myth and from what songs I have heard so far Blind Guardian has once again exceeded my expectations.
metal feeds the beast