DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (SEPTEMBER 24TH)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
RazielSR
DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (SEPTEMBER 24TH)

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Myung speaking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IjhQhm1JvU

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW Dream Theater album this september.

And I can't wait to have Live at Luna Park blu ray!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JUNE 6, 2013

DREAM THEATER UNVEILS MILESTONE NEW ALBUM;
GRAMMY®-NOMINATED ROCK ICONS TO RELEASE
FIRST-EVER SELF-TITLED COLLECTION;
WORLD TOUR TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON;
“DREAM THEATER” ARRIVES ON SEPTEMBER 24TH

Roadrunner Records has announced the eagerly anticipated new album from the legendary Dream Theater. “DREAM THEATER” – the first self-titled collection in the GRAMMY®-nominated band’s nearly three decade career – arrives at last on September 24th.

“DREAM THEATER” was recorded at Cove City Sound Studios in Glen Cove, New York, with founding guitarist John Petrucci producing and studio luminary Richard Chycki (Aerosmith, Rush) engineering and mixing. The album marks a brilliant new chapter for the always adventurous band, their first to have been written and recorded with drummer Mike Mangini wholly integrated into the creative process from the start.

“I see every new album as an opportunity to start over,” says Petrucci. “To either build or improve upon a direction that has been evolving over time or to completely break new ground. This is the first self-titled album of our career and there is nothing I can think of that makes a statement of musical and creative identity stronger than that. We’ve fully explored all of the elements that make us unique, from the epic and intense to the atmospheric and cinematic. We’re incredibly excited about ‘DREAM THEATER’ and can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

“DREAM THEATER” will be available in a wide range of distinctive versions, including standard and special edition CDs, 180 Gram Vinyl Double LP, and a Limited Edition Box Set. Pre-orders are scheduled to get underway sometime in July at the Roadrunner Records Webstore.

“DREAM THEATER” follows 2011’s acclaimed “A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS.” That album – highlighted by “On The Backs Of Angels,” which earned the iconic band its first ever GRAMMY® Award nomination (in the “Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance” category) – proved one of Dream Theater’s most successful, making top 10 chart debuts in 14 countries, including our own Billboard 200. “A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS” was hailed for its ambition, complexity, and sheer melodic power, with Japan’s influential BURRN! naming it as the year’s “Best Album.”

Furthermore, the special edition CD/DVD set of “A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS” included “The Spirit Carries On” – a 60-minute movie documenting Dream Theater’s drummer auditions, which resulted in the addition of the gifted Mangini. The challenge spurred Dream Theater to extraordinary artistic heights on “A DRAMATIC TURN OF EVENTS” and the epic world tour that followed. Long known as one of hard rock’s most powerful live acts, the recalibrated band hit the road hard in celebration of the acclaimed album, a 15-month trek which saw sold out headline shows in 35 countries across North America, Europe, Asia, Central America, and South America.

With total sales exceeding 10 million albums and DVDs worldwide, Dream Theater have long stood among the upper echelon of hard rock giants. Albums such as 1992’s RIAA gold-certified classic “IMAGES & WORDS” (featuring the breakthrough top 10 single, “Pull Me Under”) have earned the Long Island-based band countless accolades for their visionary synthesis of melodic power and virtuosic experimentation, including being named as one of Rolling Stone’s top 10 “Best Prog Rock Bands of All time.”

Since uniting with Roadrunner in 2007, Dream Theater has unleashed a series of remarkable albums, each work revealing stunning new musical facets and creative avenues. 2009’s “BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS” proved a milestone, debuting at #6 on the Billboard 200 – the band’s highest album chart debut to date.

Dream Theater will tour in support of “DREAM THEATER” – full details will be announced soon. For up-to-the-minute news and information, please visit www.dreamtheater.net/tourdates.

Dream Theater is: John Petrucci (guitar), John Myung (bass), James LaBrie (vocals), Jordan Rudess (keyboards and continuum) and Mike Mangini (drums).

For additional news and information, please visit www.dreamtheater.net, www.facebook.com/dreamtheaterofficial, www.twitter.com/dreamtheaternet, www.myspace.com/dreamtheater, www.youtube.com/dreamtheater, and www.roadrunnerrecords.com.
http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts ... ember-24th
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (SEPTEMBER 24TH)

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:41 am

RazielSR wrote: Dream Theater will tour in support of “DREAM THEATER”

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 am

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 am

jajajajajaja!!!

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm

01. False Awakening Suite
I. Sleep Paralysis
II. Night Terrors
III. Lucid Dream
02. The Enemy Inside
03. The Looking Glass
04. Enigma Machine
05. The Bigger Picture
06. Behind the Veil
07. Surrender to Reason
08. Along for the Ride
09. Illumination Theory
I. Paradoxe de la Lumière Noire
II. Live, Die, Kill
III. The Embracing Circle
IV. The Pursuit of Truth
V. Surrender, Trust & Passion

Not sure what to think of this... We'll see I guess

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Well, the song titles are a bit...strange, but some of them are really cool. The artwork looks incredible imo.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Luna park is in argentina or im wrong.... dream theater is great.....

RazielSR wrote:Well, the song titles are a bit...strange, but some of them are really cool. The artwork looks incredible imo.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 am

09. Illumination Theory
II. Live, Die, Kill
IV. The Pursuit of Truth
It is utterly senseless and stupid to subdivide a song into different "acts" and give them pretentious names delimited with Roman Numerals. Surrender Trust & Passion sounds like something from an Avalon rock opera. God I need ice cream.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:29 am

take one ice cream and enjoy it..... :wink:

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
09. Illumination Theory
II. Live, Die, Kill
IV. The Pursuit of Truth
It is utterly senseless and stupid to subdivide a song into different "acts" and give them pretentious names delimited with Roman Numerals. Surrender Trust & Passion sounds like something from an Avalon rock opera. God I need ice cream.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 am

I don't know which orfice to insert that ice cream into for optimal dopamine release. Science is necessary!!

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:51 am

HO.... MY!!!!! you dont want it an Ice cream??? welll you have one!!!! :shock:

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I don't know which orfice to insert that ice cream into for optimal dopamine release. Science is necessary!!
[/img]

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:00 pm

A lot of progressive albums, maybe the majority, have that kind of titles, subdivided. It is normal, there are some titles like the one in french that or the last track that I don't like, but I like the others, specially the first suite ones!. Anyway, we are talking about titles, we'll see the final result. In my case, There's no DT song otr album that I don't like. but well, always that DT release an album we have ARoboA bitching! Whatever titles or whatever names they use, you'll always blame! :)

Yes CoolEdit, that bluray was recorded in Argentina. release date is in nomvember (it was planned for this month, but then it was delayed).

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:54 am

Mostly they have troubles with cd's for marketing problems, not for mix a live cd, more when the musicians no need record nothing why is live versión.

is problema of his productor.....

the most hard work inst mix, is the marketing.....

i think this.....

RazielSR wrote:A lot of progressive albums, maybe the majority, have that kind of titles, subdivided. It is normal, there are some titles like the one in french that or the last track that I don't like, but I like the others, specially the first suite ones!. Anyway, we are talking about titles, we'll see the final result. In my case, There's no DT song otr album that I don't like. but well, always that DT release an album we have ARoboA bitching! Whatever titles or whatever names they use, you'll always blame! :)

Yes CoolEdit, that bluray was recorded in Argentina. release date is in nomvember (it was planned for this month, but then it was delayed).

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:49 am

RazielSR wrote:A lot of progressive albums, maybe the majority, have that kind of titles, subdivided. It is normal, there are some titles like the one in french that or the last track that I don't like, but I like the others, specially the first suite ones!. Anyway, we are talking about titles, we'll see the final result. In my case, There's no DT song otr album that I don't like. but well, always that DT release an album we have ARoboA bitching! Whatever titles or whatever names they use, you'll always blame! :)

I exaggerate my consternation. :lol:
But I really do wonder why they don't simply split the track up entirely, rather than giving one song 5 different names.

It seems a bit pretentious. You know? Trying to make their album seem more "artistically whole" by adding prog-metal cliches. It leaves me with this feeling that the entire work is "plastic". Not carefully planned, but the result of haphazard bullshitting.

It almost reminds me of when musicians name instrumental tracks extremely verbose and descriptive names ie. "man mows lawn wearing green thong". And one wonders what the title has to do with the song really. Probably most of the time it just sounds good.

Mr cool Edit

Post by Mr cool Edit » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:13 am

No listen him, Friend, this crazy american guy love this class of men.........

I exaggerate my consternation. Laughing
But I really do wonder why they don't simply split the track up entirely, rather than giving one song 5 different names.]

It seems a bit pretentious. You know? Trying to make their album seem more "artistically whole" by adding prog-metal cliches. It leaves me with this feeling that the entire work is "plastic". Not carefully planned, but the result of haphazard bullshitting.

It almost reminds me of when musicians name instrumental tracks extremely verbose and descriptive names ie. "man mows lawn wearing green thong". And one wonders what the title has to do with the song really. Probably most of the time it just sounds good.

[/quote]

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
09. Illumination Theory
II. Live, Die, Kill
IV. The Pursuit of Truth

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:52 pm

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... %3Ds-S9l3K

A new song is out; The Enemy Inside. It's okay I guess, needs more listening still.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:51 am

Mormegil wrote:https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=ht ... %3Ds-S9l3K

A new song is out; The Enemy Inside. It's okay I guess, needs more listening still.
It seemed a bit boring on first listen. Bland, guitar-centric wankery without any good hooks or memorable melodies. Vocals seem drowned in the mix.

The keyboard part from 4:40 is exactly why Jordan Rudess needs to be clubbed to death. Why does he ruin every song with this shit?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 pm

I like the song. Sounds to me a lot like 6DOIT times. The key part A10 mentions is well, maybe it was not necessary. But the whole song, is a very good song for me. Of course, it won't be the best of the album. Anyway, the compression of the song is a bit bad due to the website/youtube/mixing.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:56 am

What do you think of Labrie's new solo album? It sounds great. Actually all of his solo albums are excellent- much better (to me) than recent DT releases.

Stream it

The last great DT album, in my opinion, was Train of Thought.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:36 am

I enjoyed a lot Static impulse, I like James Labrie solo career. I will check this new one, and I'm sure I will buy it.

The last great DT album in my opinion, was ADTOE. I like what they always do, the same happens to me with Stratovarius. I always enjoy a lot their albums.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:40 pm

I have listened 3 times to the new Labrie album, and as usual with him, IT IS AMAZING! I like it a lot. It is curious... for me, death metal and growling vocals are always fucking stupid, teen and ridiculous, but in the Labrie albums, I like a lot the combination of the growling vocals with his voice. The sound in this album is really modern, like happened with Static Impulse.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:26 pm

RazielSR wrote:I have listened 3 times to the new Labrie album, and as usual with him, IT IS AMAZING! I like it a lot. It is curious... for me, death metal and growling vocals are always fucking stupid, teen and ridiculous, but in the Labrie albums, I like a lot the combination of the growling vocals with his voice. The sound in this album is really modern, like happened with Static Impulse.
Yeah! I haven't bought it yet but I heard most of the songs and it was really great. I'm generally not a fan of the growling either but he makes it work.

My favorite Labrie album is probably Elements of Persuasion, but they're all very solid. Even the old Mullmuzzler ones are good.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:03 pm

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:04 am

A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:07 pm

The Enemy Inside: Meh
Along for the Ride: Meh

I wanted to give them a chance with Magnini, but I'm really starting to miss Portnoy.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:03 pm

That is a song like Wait for Sleep, Surrounded, Beneath The Surface or similar, that vibe more or less. This kind of songs keeps growing while listening to the whole albums.
The typical song they always release between some other killer tracks. Good songs until now, and of course this and Enemy Within won't be the best trakcs from the album. As for missing Portnoy, Mormegil, you must be kidding. You can like or not the """""new"""" DT, but to miss Portnoy sounds to me like when an Stratovarius fan says he/she miss Tolkki. I mean, there is a time for everything and maybe this band is not for you anymore (it happens sometimes and there's nothing wrong about it).

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 pm

I agree with raziel here but it has happened to me before I have to listen to DT albums a few times before actually enjoy it. so im gonna wait till the release to check it out and have an opinion.
A9

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:01 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dream- ... reaming-2/

full album available for streaming, not sure about the orchestration,
they tried that on 6degress and didnt work...but this is a first listen, i might change my mind.
A9