DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (SEPTEMBER 24TH)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
RazielSR
Re: DREAM THEATER - DREAM THEATER (SEPTEMBER 24TH)

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:35 pm

This album is totally Dream Theater. More cinematic than the last ones maybe. For me, the style is more about pre SC era.
A bit of new, but sounds to me really classic. For me is a mix of the style in I&W, 6DOIT and something new. I have not listened to the whole album in a row yet, but the Bigger Picture and Illumination Theory are AMAZING. I like a lot the whole album. It is really really well done and shows just a lot of DT, so I'm really happy. I see the album really connected between songs. As always with DT, you can't get completely in until you hear the album some more times.For me, they can keep releasing albums every two years like they do. GREAT!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:54 pm

It's a very solid album, gets much better on every listen. Not a lot of excessive instrumental wanking like on many of their previous releases. Even The Enemy Inside and Along for the Ride that I just slammed are starting to really grow on me.
The drums sound a lot more natural than on the last album, as I hoped they would, probably because they're are arranged by Mangini himself and not Petrucci.
The Symphony X intro sounds good, but kind of sticks out from the whole, the album would've maybe been better off without it.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I expected more from the intro too.

It is a very solid album, true. It is a grower. And Labrie sings wonderful. A lot of emotion, a lot. It's clear they do what they like to do, like it or not, you can't say they are forcing anything, just expressing themselves and being themselves, not trying to be another band or another artist. And finally, another instrumental song!

And yes, the whole drumming is this time arranged by Mangini, in ADTOE, was not possible.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:32 am

Alright. Downloading. You niggas better be telling the truth yo.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Alright. Downloading. You niggas better be telling the truth yo.
This california nigga is also downloading. I think it will be good but no way its as good as Impermanent Resonance from Labrie. The album is a masterpiece. :)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Had my first listen. It's not bad. For the time span to come up with another album it's pretty good.

I wouldn't agree with self-naming the album, though. Just not as mind-blowing.

7/10