Top 10 Christian Fails Of 2013

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
doc_holliday
Top 10 Christian Fails Of 2013

Post by doc_holliday » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Rebel

Re: Top 10 Christian Fails Of 2013

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 pm

You raging atheists are so adorable, I just want to hug all of you.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Wonder if the theory about the 4 Blood Moons many Christian groups are now telling will come to pass? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Trying not to sound blasphemous, but if God is all-knowing, kind, and all the other adjectives we have been told in church why does it seem He is doing all the wrong things? :? I mean, even when something horrible happens people still say things like, "It was God's will." "It was meant to be." "Something good many times comes from something bad." Etc. Etc.
Just look at all the injustices, meanness, evil, corruption and stuff that goes on. That's man's inhumanity to man, of course. But, how can things of that nature be God's will? How is abuse of any kind going to bring anything good out of it? You tell a woman it was God's will her husband abused her and I am betting she would knock your teeth down your throat!
My husband has went to church and believed in God almost his whole life, and now, in his 60s he actually wonders sometimes if God really exists because it seems if He does, He almost never does the right thing, especially in the face of evil or unfairness.

So, sorry to go all philosophical on y'all but to tell the truth, I wonder these days, too. ??? God has blessed me with so many things, my family, my health, I'm not rich but I'm not wanting for anything either, I like where I live its peaceful and friendly. Yet, so many things I have to question and people tend to be hypocritical and wishy-washy.The world is more cruel than kind and to see people suffer the way I do I have to question the sick irony of things in this life, and in this world. What's the purpose? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:40 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Trying not to sound blasphemous, but if God is all-knowing, kind, and all the other adjectives we have been told in church why does it seem He is doing all the wrong things? :? I mean, even when something horrible happens people still say things like, "It was God's will." "It was meant to be." "Something good many times comes from something bad." Etc. Etc.
Just look at all the injustices, meanness, evil, corruption and stuff that goes on. That's man's inhumanity to man, of course. But, how can things of that nature be God's will? How is abuse of any kind going to bring anything good out of it? You tell a woman it was God's will her husband abused her and I am betting she would knock your teeth down your throat!
My husband has went to church and believed in God almost his whole life, and now, in his 60s he actually wonders sometimes if God really exists because it seems if He does, He almost never does the right thing, especially in the face of evil or unfairness.

So, sorry to go all philosophical on y'all but to tell the truth, I wonder these days, too. ??? God has blessed me with so many things, my family, my health, I'm not rich but I'm not wanting for anything either, I like where I live its peaceful and friendly. Yet, so many things I have to question and people tend to be hypocritical and wishy-washy.The world is more cruel than kind and to see people suffer the way I do I have to question the sick irony of things in this life, and in this world. What's the purpose? ???
i totally hear you