SonatAArcticA Fans Report in!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Babylonian
Re: SonatAArcticA Fans Report in!

Post by Babylonian » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 pm

icecab21 wrote:they sold more albums than ever if that is not succeeding.
My word "succeeding" didn't meant the financial thing. I meant, that I don't like Sonata's new progressive style, but I like Strato's and RR's progressive songs.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Rebel wrote:Dream Theater is not prog.
DREAM.
THEATER.
IS.
NOT.
PROG.
Hahaha, this was the best joke ever in the forum history :lol:!! So, tell me, if Dream Theater isn't progressive, what is it? As far as I'm concerned, I thought the music they, Rush, Queensrÿche, Fates Warning, Porcupine Tree, Symphony X and many other made was progressive. Were all of them lying?
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 pm

oh my god.......That totally explains the PROGRESSIVE NATION TOUR they being doing for 3 o 4 years by now/// :lol:
A9

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:11 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Rebel wrote:Dream Theater is not prog.
DREAM.
THEATER.
IS.
NOT.
PROG.
Hahaha, this was the best joke ever in the forum history :lol:!! So, tell me, if Dream Theater isn't progressive, what is it? As far as I'm concerned, I thought the music they, Rush, Queensrÿche, Fates Warning, Porcupine Tree, Symphony X and many other made was progressive. Were all of them lying?
Dream Theater stopped being progressive when they wrote the the same album 4 times. They've been moving consistently towards a wanky, drawn out, generic metal direction, than their peers like Porcupine Tree.
adrian9 wrote:oh my god.......That totally explains the PROGRESSIVE NATION TOUR they being doing for 3 o 4 years by now/// :lol:
2 years.
And it's sad, because bands like Scale the Summit, Bigelf, Zappa Plays Zappa. Those are all real progressive bands. Dream Theater hasn't released anything even remotely "Progressive" since 6DOIT. They've settled into a formula, and that's the very bane of progressivism.

It pisses me off, that people believe that really complicated music played by technically gifted musicians is somehow "progressive", that just being good at something makes you progressive. Dream Theater writes great songs, but Prog isn't a sound, it's an idea. Dream Theater SOUNDS like some prog bands, but they're not doing anything new. They're not actually PROGRESSIVE.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 am

Neil Peart is my hero

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Rebel wrote:Dream Theater stopped being progressive when they wrote the the same album 4 times. They've been moving consistently towards a wanky, drawn out, generic metal direction, than their peers like Porcupine Tree.
Woah there!! So, to you, listening to a band that has made 4 "similar" records according to you, involves getting out of its genre?! Well that's the first time I read such bullshits!
|StratoFan Forever|

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:55 pm

I think he meant that the 4 albums that have been similiar have had less and less progressive elements and have been moving onto the generic direction..I think..

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 pm

From thefreedictionary.com
Progressive:
1. Moving forward; advancing.
2. Proceeding in steps; continuing steadily by increments: progressive change.
3. Promoting or favoring progress toward better conditions or new policies, ideas, or methods: a progressive politician; progressive business leadership.
According to rebel they've been doing the same shit for some time now =/= progressive. I wouldn't know, not a big fan of the band.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:37 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Rebel wrote:Dream Theater stopped being progressive when they wrote the the same album 4 times. They've been moving consistently towards a wanky, drawn out, generic metal direction, than their peers like Porcupine Tree.
Woah there!! So, to you, listening to a band that has made 4 "similar" records according to you, involves getting out of its genre?! Well that's the first time I read such bullshits!
When your genre demands that you move forward and try new things, then yeah. They imitate prog, they're not actually progressive.
Kosmo wrote:I think he meant that the 4 albums that have been similiar have had less and less progressive elements and have been moving onto the generic direction..I think..
Exactly.
And I love those records, they're great, the melodies are great, Petrucci, Myung, Portnoy, LaBrie, and Ruddess are are GREAT on them. But they're stagnant too. They're not living up to their potential

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 am

now which big elf songs are progressive? ive listend to a few and they were very retro. band dressed very 70s in the pictures and played very 70s in the songs and even the youtube comments have everyone talking about how they sound 70s/80s.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:33 am

SOY LA PERIODISTA DE LA TORTILLA Y HAY MUCHOS GATOS EN MIS PANTALONES JAJAJA

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:39 pm

icecab21 wrote:now which big elf songs are progressive? ive listend to a few and they were very retro. band dressed very 70s in the pictures and played very 70s in the songs and even the youtube comments have everyone talking about how they sound 70s/80s.
I've seen them supporting Dream Thater in their last time here, and if they are progressive, then I'm Budah :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Fellow

Post by Fellow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Sonata fan reporting in :P

I like TDoG and Unia, though it took me a few listens to get to appreciate the songs fully.

I find a lot of the songs on TDoG to be quite 'soothing', especially when complemented with Tony's Vocals. He's really shown what he can do with his voice over the years: rough and aggressive, emotional, sincere, soft, soothing, and soaring high! Personally I can't see how some people don't like his voice, but I suppose it comes down to opinion!

In an interview, Tony said that the band got a bit bored of composing the same style of power metal, and that if they continued their heart wouldn't be in it and they may have even split up. So they took their music in this new direction and I can agree with them; if they stayed in the same style then I may've found it boring eventually, it's good that they're exploring, I think :D.

As for whether the album 'sucks', that's down to opinion. Some people aren't into this new style, which is fine :P but personally, I like it, and I'm interested to see what SA will offer in the future!

But yeah. I like all the albums, my first song was 'Ain`t Your Fairytale' and I was hooked :D

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:08 am

icecab21 wrote:now which big elf songs are progressive? ive listend to a few and they were very retro. band dressed very 70s in the pictures and played very 70s in the songs and even the youtube comments have everyone talking about how they sound 70s/80s.
Just off the top of my head, Counting Sheep is more "Progressive" than anything that Dream Theater's done since 6DOIT. They've got a 70s "sound" to them, because the music picks up where music left off in the 70s. They mix Sabbath with Purple with the Beatles, because nobody had the balls to do it in the 80s,

Wonderbeast

Post by Wonderbeast » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:30 am

I think I'm one of the few big power metal fans who doesn't particularly like SA. Recently I've realized why - when they make generic, traditional power metal, it is blase and kind of boring (at least to me). When they make more nonlinear songs - The End of this Chapter and Caleb are both good examples - they are considerably more interesting. So the songs I like from their discography are very hit or miss.

For this reason, despite being relatively popular, I listen to much less SA than I do other power metal bands.

In all honesty, I prefer the first DragonForce album to anything put out by SA.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:04 pm

robocop656 wrote:SOY LA PERIODISTA DE LA TORTILLA Y HAY MUCHOS GATOS EN MIS PANTALONES JAJAJA
JAJAJAJA :lol: :lol: :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Wonderbeast wrote:In all honesty, I prefer the first DragonForce album to anything put out by SA.
Well, I'm not that big fan of SA either, nor from DragonForce...But are you saying you perefer "Valley Of The Damned" rather than, for example, "Ecliptica" or "Silence". Sorry to state this, but "8th Commandment" can easily rape "Black Fire" or any other song :?
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:00 am

It’s what the guy prefers, people can prefer anything they want over anything no matter what.
Since both you don't even like the band, you are not appreciating the music anyways the way that a fan would.
its a thread about sonata arctica fans, why are people coming in to post that they are not fans?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 pm

icecab21 wrote:It’s what the guy prefers, people can prefer anything they want over anything no matter what.
Since both you don't even like the band, you are not appreciating the music anyways the way that a fan would.
its a thread about sonata arctica fans, why are people coming in to post that they are not fans?
Oh shut up! I post everything I want wherever I want!
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:37 pm

that does not make it any more logical for your posts

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:08 pm

icecab21 wrote:that does not make it any more logical for your posts to be in sections where you are just being negative
Dearest Icecar,

May I have the pleasure of pointing you towards a website you might fancy- Disney.com :). Where words like don't, stop, can't, not, and nipple have no place. :luv1: Where disease-carrying household vermin are idolized as emblems of kindness, and warmth. Where a loveless man would have as much fun as Ragehead on "Dancing with the Stars". :sex1: Where the smiling faces of child prodigies are plastered left and right, complete with their smooth, buttery skin and cutesy haircuts...their ever-smiling faces conspicuously devoid of the acne that plagues us all. :yum2:

When you're back from your fantasy trip and your pants are zipped oncemore :facial:, consider funneling your excessive energy towards alleviating your hypersensitivity towards the opinions of others. :heil: Alternatively, you can kiss my avatar. :roll:

Warmest regards,
AAAAAAAAAA

:ola:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:34 am

I’m not sensitive about the opinion; I just don't think it has a place here. " Fans come here" is not the place for people to post "I’m not a fan”, it’s immature and obnoxious to do so. If it were "give your opinion" then it would be a great place to say " im not a fan". the opinion is fine, but there is a place for it.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:42 am

We need to go deeper!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:02 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: May I have the pleasure of pointing you towards a website you might fancy- Disney.com :). Where words like don't, stop, can't, not, and nipple have no place. :luv1: Where disease-carrying household vermin are idolized as emblems of kindness, and warmth.
I am quite sure I have seen a "real" Disney cartoon drawing of Donald Duck eating a thanksgiving turkey, somewhere.

Ahh, google.

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/sho ... hp?t=12225

http://www.google.com/images?q=donald%2 ... g%20turkey
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan
================================

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 am

Donald Duck is a racist!

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:18 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:18 am

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That blair of the vuvuzela indicated this threads official degradation to spam. The AÖAÖAÖAÖAÖ dynasty lives on! :twisted:

JensJohansson wrote: I am quite sure I have seen a "real" Disney cartoon drawing of Donald Duck eating a thanksgiving turkey, somewhere.

Ahh, google.

http://forums.goldenagecartoons.com/sho ... hp?t=12225

http://www.google.com/images?q=donald%2 ... g%20turkey
I'm too progressive for that kind of thing. From an evolutionary perspective, anything you don't have sex with is fair game for food. :lol:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:We need to go deeper!
And as for YOU!

According to this link, the triceratops never existed. How could you have purchased one? :roll: Your sugar-cube castle of lies is disintegrating in the rain. :roll:
icecab21 wrote:I’m not sensitive about the opinion; I just don't think it has a place here. " Fans come here" is not the place for people to post "I’m not a fan”, it’s immature and obnoxious to do so. If it were "give your opinion" then it would be a great place to say " im not a fan". the opinion is fine, but there is a place for it.
tl;dr :crazy1:

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:07 am

Sonata Arctica, Nazi-Donald and vuvuzelas..What more do you need?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 am

tl;dr
tl;dr

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

icecab21 wrote:
tl;dr
tl;dr
Ahh. I suppose I should have seen that coming. :eyes
Kosmo wrote:Sonata Arctica, Nazi-Donald and vuvuzelas..What more do you need?
I've thought this question through overnight, and I believe I have the answer. :)