Myspace

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Re: Myspace

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Martine wrote:I just sent a "Add me" to all of you. :D Please accept me. Have a nice day.
I added you! :D
BTW, my name on the thingy is Sherry, but my blog name is redcrystal.
I think I asked you back a few months ago, but the "Sherry" name was probably confusing.
I got 2 invites from guys I did not even know. ??? I don't know whether to accept them or not&how do they "know" me. ???
I accepted you, Martine&dirge, but these other 2 guys-- I don't know?
???

I also get PMs there from people I don't know. :err: I mean, how do they get the blog address for a nobody like me? ???

Anyway, I am not really the MySpace type(sociable gadabout), but its OK, I guess. I got inside there today pretty easily, maybe I can try again later. :?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Martine

Post by Martine » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:24 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: I got 2 invites from guys I did not even know. ??? I don't know whether to accept them or not&how do they "know" me. ???
I received some invitations from USA guys also. It seems that Myspace, as many other dating sites, gives the opportunity to conduct researchs to find women (or men) of their "taste". So, congratulations, Prince Charming found you :D. When it happens, I reply that I am not looking for dates but if they want me as a penpal they are more than welcome. Otherwise, well I'm sorry but ... get lost! :twisted:
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:59 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: I got 2 invites from guys I did not even know. ??? I don't know whether to accept them or not&how do they "know" me. ???
???
Imillitay is probably me.
Spamming is serious business!

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:04 pm

One word of advice.

Don't type in simple passwords. Make them more complex by using numbers and symbols instead of just letters. I'm quite tired of seeing all these spam bulletins and comments. And it's not enough to not pay attention to them, most of them are quite dangerous, just by checking them.

dirge

Post by dirge » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:37 pm

Myspace can be good too! I met my dream lady on there and now we live together and are expecting our first child! It's also great to find new bands, like the other day I found out about a band called Olympos Mons, wow! I love them already! :D It's also great to keep in touch with friends too.

THESE ARE THE REASONS! :headbang:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:50 pm

Dave wrote:
???
Imillitay is probably me.
Oh, that was you? :red: I have only saw one pic of you, Dave&I did not recognize you! I'm sorry. :twak: to me. Dummy is my middle name. :D
Anyway, I will add you tonight, Dave.
I still don't know who the other person is? ???

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 pm

stratobabius wrote:One word of advice.

Don't type in simple passwords. Make them more complex by using numbers and symbols instead of just letters. I'm quite tired of seeing all these spam bulletins and comments. And it's not enough to not pay attention to them, most of them are quite dangerous, just by checking them.
I have not ever gotten a dangerous one. I usually delete the PMs from unknowns, but I opened a couple of them from girls. But, gee whiz, didn't they know from my name I'm a female, too. :err: I mean, you know. :red: I guess some people want to play all the bases at once or something. ??? I mean, looking at a girl in a bikini doesn't turn me on. :err: Webcam girls. Why don't they get a job?

stratobabius

Post by stratobabius » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 pm

You could state that you are straight for starters. That could save you from some mess, but then again it might worsen some other thing. :D It's your choice.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:11 am

Nice valentines day, I got 6 new friends :)

500TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:53 am

btw, where is that "limitbreakers" topic? Was it here or in the Spam section? I wasn't able to find it, when I wanted to celebrate my 2000st post. But so... Congrats to you, exe night, and congrats to myself!! :lol:

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:51 pm

Just updated my page with a visitor map and a my travel map, I think their great! :D
What you folks think?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:32 pm

dirge wrote:
Just updated my page with a visitor map and a my travel map, I think their great! :D
What you folks think?

I like those maps, but they always show me(the smiley)as living in California! :D ???
Nice thought, but I live about 3,000 miles to the East of Cally! :D

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:39 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
dirge wrote:
What you folks think?

I like those maps, but they always show me(the smiley)as living in California! :D ???
Nice thought, but I live about 3,000 miles to the East of Cally! :D
Yea similar here too, it's got me as living in England, but I live in Wales! Suppose it's less miles than your situation though!

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:04 am

stratohawk wrote:btw, where is that "limitbreakers" topic? Was it here or in the Spam section? I wasn't able to find it, when I wanted to celebrate my 2000st post. But so... Congrats to you, exe night, and congrats to myself!! :lol:
Actually I meant MySpace friends, and it happened to be 500th post.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:24 pm

exe knight wrote:
stratohawk wrote:btw, where is that "limitbreakers" topic? Was it here or in the Spam section? I wasn't able to find it, when I wanted to celebrate my 2000st post. But so... Congrats to you, exe night, and congrats to myself!! :lol:
Actually I meant MySpace friends, and it happened to be 500th post.
even better. :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:48 pm

I cancelled my MySpace account.
It just got so bothersome with errors&stuff.
Plus, there were 2 people on my account I did not trust anymore. :cry: After that fiasco on that birthday topic I started thinking about things.
I know certain people were so tickled to see that. :roll:
That is really something.

dirge

Post by dirge » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:59 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I cancelled my MySpace account.
Plus, there were 2 people on my account I did not trust anymore. :cry: After that fiasco on that birthday topic I started thinking about things.
:?: If you did not trust someone in your friends list, why not just delete them instead of your account?
Not sure what this birthday fiasco was so i'm in the dark on that part, but I know myspace can be a slow site and has a few error messages now and then.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 am

dirge wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:I cancelled my MySpace account.
:?: If you did not trust someone in your friends list, why not just delete them instead of your account?
Not sure what this birthday fiasco was so i'm in the dark on that part, but I know myspace can be a slow site and has a few error messages now and then.
Well, I did not really have the time to use my blog anyway. And I began to read how people can get info from peoples blogs to rob them&stuff. I put it on private, then I read where codes are available to look into a private blogs. So, I just decided to dump it! :)

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:27 am

browneyedgirl wrote:And I began to read how people can get info from peoples blogs to rob them&stuff. I put it on private, then I read where codes are available to look into a private blogs. So, I just decided to dump it! :)
Yep that's right. Plus the fact that how easy it is to have your account hacked there (but the best way not to have is NOT to click on suspicious videos or links, like that "Track who is watching your profile"... "). And somehow, people would be stupid to write quite private things on their blog or on other member's pages. This is JUST Myspace.
<b>This is wrong</b>

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:07 pm

cliff wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:And I began to read how people can get info from peoples blogs to rob them&stuff. I put it on private, then I read where codes are available to look into a private blogs. So, I just decided to dump it! :)
Yep that's right. Plus the fact that how easy it is to have your account hacked there (but the best way not to have is NOT to click on suspicious videos or links, like that "Track who is watching your profile"... "). And somehow, people would be stupid to write quite private things on their blog or on other member's pages. This is JUST Myspace.
This is where that saying, "better to be safe than sorry" comes in! :D

Oh, I suppose if a person is a Celeb or something, MySpace would be a wonderful thing to make contacts&such---I'm not totally down on MySpace. But in the wrong hands it could lead to trouble even heartache.
I'm not playing Forum Mommy here, :roll: but, its better to look at all sides of anything. :)
There was a teenaged girl the next town over who met this older guy on MySpace(he said he was 19, but actually in his early 30s). To make a long story short, he beat the Hell out of the girl&raped her. He's now doing 10 years in prison.
I know those horrible things are somewhat rare, but happen often enough that people need to be careful. :(
Mostly, though, people can get their stuff hacked into&that can be bad enough in the wrong hands.

vanustrato

Post by vanustrato » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:35 pm

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:54 pm

Done. :)

Martine

Post by Martine » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:04 pm

vanustrato wrote:add me plzz :D
Done too. Unfortunately, I can hardly see a thing on your page, the letters being in black on a dark background. Maybe it's just me though. Anyway, please add me. :D
Martine, The Truly French Canadian
Martine, Une vraie canadienne française
http://www.myspace.com/martine42

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:19 am

Why?
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 am

IMO myspace is overrated.

nepi

Post by nepi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:29 pm

yourSpace, stratohawk... I remember a extrem funny situation :lol:
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:09 pm

nepi wrote:yourSpace, stratohawk... I remember a extrem funny situation :lol:
*lol* yes, I remember, too... 8) I must say it was a really good joke of yours! :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:03 pm

stratohawk wrote:IMO myspace is overrated.

Yes. Definitely. Its a fad, but since it does have its uses ;) and lots of people probably get some good ;) from it(oh, yes!), its going to be here awhile.

If only those PMs there could talk. Uuummmmmmmmm! ;)

CrystallineStarchild

Post by CrystallineStarchild » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:20 am

browneyedgirl wrote: If only those PMs there could talk. Uuummmmmmmmm! ;)
What is this about now? Oh wait Its the same thing you post about every few days, how someone you saw on some record covers and on the internet but never met ,insulted you by never comeing round to alabama to fuck your skanky old ass. And you project your jealousy and resentment to him. for years, how DARE HE not come to alabama to fuck your insane old ass!!!

:puke:

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:37 am

:huh: