Its a BOY!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Re: Its a BOY!

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 am

I have been on my son's GFs Myspace pages for over an hour looking at the latest ultrasound photos(several) of my Grandson. :luv3: He is beautiful! He looks almost identical to my son as a newborn, and he resembles Kris, too. Just a little bit. And, he has chubby little cheeks. :D :luv4: It looks as if he has a headful of blonde hair, too, like my son did! If I can get the URL, I will post the pic. The pic is on Kris's myspace page, but I respect her privacy&will not give the link to her entire page. There is also a pic of my son at 2 years old. I want to post it, too, as a comparison! :)

Technology sure has came along way in 25 years! The images on these ultrasound pics are crystal clear!
Now I'll be spending a long time every day looking at my precious grandchild! Devan Seth. :luv1: Just 8 more weeks to go! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:57 am

well the baby has a cool grandmother with chickens so i think it will be a gift to your family and you a gift to it. i see it's due halloween or helloween depending on if the band gives a personal concert for these kinds of things. best wishes and this will be a angel on halloween and not follow the baby pattern of horror films.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:24 am

First babies rarely arrive on the exact due date, so he could be born as early as Oct28, or as late as Nov5. The main thing is that he will be healthy. The doctor has said Devan will be a good-sized baby, at least 8 pounds.

Yes, this baby will have lots of love waiting for him. :) A big extended family. :luv1:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

phoenix666

Post by phoenix666 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:00 pm

congratulations, BEG!!!

May God bless this baby and all your family!

Hope someday you show him Stratovarius and its brilliant music!!! :P

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:41 pm

i just hope it's not one of those "days in labor" babies for the mothers sake

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 am

icecab21 wrote:i just hope it's not one of those "days in labor" babies for the mothers sake
I know! Speaking from experience being in a long hard labor can be very exhausting, and sometimes can be detrimental to the baby. These days though, if a mother goes too long in labor an emergency C-section is done. Since the baby seems to be on the big side, I just hope she can deliver the child safely.

HvyMtlClickWitch

Post by HvyMtlClickWitch » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Congratulations, and good luck with everything. I'm sure it will all turn out very well.
Let no man surrender so long as he is unwounded and can fight.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:39 am

Turn Around

Where are you going
My little one, little one
Where are you going
My baby, my own
Turn around and you're two
Turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young man
Going out of the door
Turn around, turn around
Going out of the door

Where are you going
My little one, little one
Little cars, baseballs, teddy bears
Where have they gone
Turn around and you're tiny
Turn around and you're grown
With babes of your own
Turn around, turn around
With babes of your own

Where have they gone
My little ones, little ones
Where have they gone
My babies, my own
Turn around and they're young
Turn around and they're old
Turn around and they're gone
And we've no one to hold
Turn around, turn around
Turn around and they're gone
And we've no one to hold
Where are you going
My baby, my own
I love you

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:04 am

SUNRISE, SUNSET

( Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset . . . )

Is this the little boy I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older,
When did they?

When did he get to be so handsome?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it just yesterday when they were small?

Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly flow the days,
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as they gaze . . .

Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset!
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears . . .

One season following another,
Laden with happiness and tears . . .

( Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset . . . )

MetalMarianne

Post by MetalMarianne » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:15 am

I guess you are busy knitting the little woolen shoes... like grandmas do :wink:

Congratulations BEG!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:26 am

MetalMarianne wrote:I guess you are busy knitting the little woolen shoes... like grandmas do :wink:

Congratulations BEG!
:D These days its cheaper just to buy the little booties&blankets, plus I cannot knit. :oops:
:D
Thank you, Marianne. This has been the most wonderful, happiest news I have heard in so many long years. After the seemingly unending time of rain and storms in my life, this baby is the Rainbow, and the pot of Gold. :)
One day you, yourself will understand, Marianne. ;)

MetalMarianne

Post by MetalMarianne » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:49 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
MetalMarianne wrote:I guess you are busy knitting the little woolen shoes... like grandmas do :wink:

Congratulations BEG!
:D These days its cheaper just to buy the little booties&blankets, plus I cannot knit. :oops:
:D
Thank you, Marianne. This has been the most wonderful, happiest news I have heard in so many long years. After the seemingly unending time of rain and storms in my life, this baby is the Rainbow, and the pot of Gold. :)
One day you, yourself will understand, Marianne. ;)
/joking mode on/

I'm happy if it comes in the longest distantest future ever :wink:

/joking mode off/

I'm sure the little one will become your pot of gold.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:36 pm

:luv3: Devan has arrived! 8 pounds 15 ounces, 21-inches long with a headful of sandy blonde hair! :luv4: He is very alert, and active and the cutest little baby in the world! I dreamed about him last night and he looked very much like my dreams. He resembles my son alot, but he looks like his Mom, too! I already love this baby so much! :luv1: Its going to be such a wonderful XMas this year!

I have been worried so much for days, but at 7:50am when that very robust cry came from the delivery room, I knew it was all alright! :bigok:

Now, I got to take a nap&go on to work. I'm going back to spend the day at the hospital again tomorrow. My son took a few days off work and he needs some sleep. He is so thrilled, and loves this baby so much.

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:44 pm

Congratulations!

All the blessings for Devan and the whole family :)
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Congratulations @BEG !!! :D :D

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:33 pm

:D :D I am so happy for you Beg. Good luck with everything :D

eagledreamr

Post by eagledreamr » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:55 pm

Congratulations to the whole happy family! :D
Life's to short to cry
Long enough to try

cliff

Post by cliff » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 pm

Congratulations!!!
<b>This is wrong</b>

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:11 pm

Time led another generation. CONGRATULATIONS!
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:39 am

Thanks everybody! When the parents get rested and have time, they will post some pics on Myspace. I will ask them if I can link them from there, but they may want their privacy.
I am just so relieved it all went well. Kris had to have surgury because Devan was in breech position and that scared me. But, it went fine. Vic cut the cord, and he was so happy to finally see his son. He actually held the baby before Kris.
Devan is very alert, looking around, moving his head. But, Vic was like that too. He was advanced developmentally for his age.
Its going to be an adventure to raise this baby. The parents, still so young, are going to have somewhat a rocky road. But thats what grandparents are for, and aunts, and uncles and cousins--to help and give support.
I called my Ex and he was very happy, and also plans to see Devan tomorrow. But, Devan is his 4th Grandchild so its a bit different than my case--becoming Granny for the first time. :lol:
My parents are Great-grandparents and very happy, but will wait a couple weeks before seeing Devan. They know how exhausting it is at first for new parents.
Its been a long, wonderfully exciting day and I look forward to seeing that sweet baby again tomorrow. Kris will have him in her room taking care of him along with the nurses. (22 years ago when I had Vic, things were not that progressive)I know Kris will need rest so I will watch the baby a few hours. She plans to nurse, so rest is very important.
Well, rest is important for Grannys too, :lol: so after I post a few I'm hitting the hay so I can arise and leave out early once again!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:35 am

Its great news to hear that so far things are going smoothly. It’s a lot of fun to read such joyful words. Lots of care and love for the baby and each other. That and challenges that will hopefully help everyone learn valuable lessons and grow closer. Best wishes with this new life and gift.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:47 am

Thanks, icecab. :) I am going to leave in about 30 minutes before the work traffic starts, I'll have an hour drive as it is.
Yes, bringing a new life into this world is very serious these days. When I was told about the pregnancy at the beginning I was upset because I thought (still think) its too hard times now to have a child. But after a few talks with close friends&family I realized this child could bring us all closer, and loving&takingcare of him was what mattered. Hillary Clinton's premise, "It takes a village to raise a child" is pretty much on target, but I'd change "village" to "family". :)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:20 pm

Congrats for the baby although I'm a bit late! :D I wish I had a baby in my family too...Unfortunately there won't be expected babies for so many years... :(

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:50 am

Just read it now. Congratulations! Greetings to SETH as well. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:49 am

They are all doing fine. The baby went to the doctor for a check-up already(today) and he is healthy. These days the mother&baby are released so soon from the hospital, babies are given a couple check-ups very soon after they come home.
I will try to have a couple pics to post soon. Right now, Vic&Kris aren't worried so much about Internet or Myspace at the moment. :D
I called this afternoon and I could hear Devan fussing. He is mostly a quiet baby, though. At that moment he was wanting to be fed. :D Sunday I will spend the day and help out abit. In a week or so Kris will be strong enough to take on all the Mom&homemaking tasks. After a C-section a woman is not even supposed to mop the floor, or vacuum for 2 weeks at least.

One more thing. The parents decided to name the baby Devan Cade instead of Devan Seth. I guess they had their reasons. But, Devan is a sweet&very cute baby. I am looking forward to many hours playing, and tending to him in the years to come. Watching him grow&learn. I cannot be there all the time, but I hope to be able to be a significant part of his life. I already love him so much! :luv3:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:12 am

:) That must be great to be a grandparent. I love mine all four and I know they really love me . :) I wish you the best for the future. :)