The Almighty Eternity meets Ronnie Dio

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
JensJohansson
Administrator
Re: The Almighty Eternity meets Ronnie Dio

Post by JensJohansson » Fri May 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Rebel wrote:
miditek wrote:Getting back to Dio, his work with Blackmore in Rainbow was personal favorite era for him.
I agree with you on this. WTF is going on here???
Yeah really ... more signs the apocalypse is near! Oh dear! :)
Rebel wrote:I would have always loved to see a Dio/Jens/Yngwie band, maybe throw Cozy Powell or Anders on drums, and whoever on bass.
I guess you can count Ronnie and Cozy out.

I always thought a "Rainbow reunion with Dio" would have been cool. Oh well ....

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri May 21, 2010 3:00 pm

I think in the late 90s around 97 or 98 there were a lot of talks about this and both Blackmore and Dio wanted to do it, but then Cozy died and they sort of forgot about those plans.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Rebel wrote:
miditek wrote:Getting back to Dio, his work with Blackmore in Rainbow was personal favorite era for him.
:lol:
Rebel wrote:I would have always loved to see a Dio/Jens/Yngwie band, maybe throw Cozy Powell or Anders on drums, and whoever on bass.
JensJohansson wrote:I guess you can count Ronnie and Cozy out.

I always thought a "Rainbow reunion with Dio" would have been cool. Oh well ....
Sad what happened to Cozy too- what a great drummer. And also, my condolences for the loss of Ronnie. Truly a metal titan, and a great guy!

The only Rainbow reunion that I've seen recently was called "Over the Rainbow" with Joe Lynn Turner, J.R. Blackmore (Ritchie's son), and other previous Rainbow members. It's kind of like a tribute band- or a Rainbow without Ritchie.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 22, 2010 4:47 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Rebel wrote:
I guess you can count Ronnie and Cozy out.

Count me unaware that Cozy Powell was dead before Yesterday :S

Maybe you could do something with Ian Gillan and Bill Ward? Lol.

How "Well connected" are you with musicians of that era? You obviously know Yngwie, and you knew Dio. You seem to know all the power metal world, but do you know people like Jon Lord or Tony Iommi?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:11 am

That photoshoot doesn't look like it was comfortable to sit through.