show me your picture.

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Mormegil
Re: show me your picture.

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 am

You are a really beautiful Lurdi. :)
Stealth wrote:
Irinia wrote:I haven't really seen many Finns other than the usual power/melodic metal guys in Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica etc - so I have absolutely no idea whether you look like a classical Finn or not ;)
But however they do say that Scandinavians have very similar face features, skin tones, eyes etc.
Finns are not Scandinavians.
I seriously think Finland should officially be made part of Scandinavia. Reason: everyone (except the Finns and Scandinavians) think they are part of it anyway, so it would just make things easier for everyone.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 am

Lurdi wrote:We have never seen any pic of Stratowarius, BEG, Neverendingabyss and many others I forget to mention for sure... These people are a mystery!
HEY I DO HAVE A COUPLE OF PICTURES POSTED SOMEWHERE IN THIS THREAD!

Haha imagine STINKY_PREGNANT_MAN! I'm anxious to see that opulent troll :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:00 am

Lurdi wrote:Me some weeks ago:

Cuánta guapeza hay en el foro!! :D

Err... Yes, nice pic. :D
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:04 am

Lurdi wrote:Me some weeks ago:

:w00t: :arrow: :luv3: :arrow: :sex1: :arrow: :oops:

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 am

Mormegil wrote:I seriously think Finland should officially be made part of Scandinavia. Reason: everyone (except the Finns and Scandinavians) think they are part of it anyway, so it would just make things easier for everyone.
I don't think they are, and I'm neither Finnish nor Scandinavian. As I was trying to say in a previous post before I screwed up the editing, after I finish my Master's I would like to do a Ph.D. maybe on Finnish national identity, identity construction, and Finns' perception of immigrants (in Finland, obviously).
I may not know anything about Finns, but they are definitely not Scandinavians, although some Finns describe themselves as such and like to be viewed as such by outsiders.
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:23 am

Stealth wrote:
Mormegil wrote:I seriously think Finland should officially be made part of Scandinavia. Reason: everyone (except the Finns and Scandinavians) think they are part of it anyway, so it would just make things easier for everyone.
I don't think they are, and I'm neither Finnish nor Scandinavian. As I was trying to say in a previous post before I screwed up the editing, after I finish my Master's I would like to do a Ph.D. maybe on Finnish national identity, identity construction, and Finns' perception of immigrants (in Finland, obviously).
I may not know anything about Finns, but they are definitely not Scandinavians, although some Finns describe themselves as such and like to be viewed as such by outsiders.
Huh? I was merely suggesting that to make things easier for everyone, nothing to do with pride or anything. Another way would be to just teach kids at schools about history of Northern Europe, but how many of them would be interested enough to pay attention? :P Finnish genes and especially language are very different from our neighbours, Russians and Scandinavians, so Finns really are just... Finns.

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:17 am

Mormegil wrote:
Stealth wrote:
Huh? I was merely suggesting that to make things easier for everyone, nothing to do with pride or anything. Another way would be to just teach kids at schools about history of Northern Europe, but how many of them would be interested enough to pay attention? :P Finnish genes and especially language are very different from our neighbours, Russians and Scandinavians, so Finns really are just... Finns.
Oh don't get me wrong. I never said anything about pride. I agree with you. I'm just saying that some Finns do describe themselves as Scandinavians, but I'm not saying that it necessarily has anything to do with pride. If anything, it probably has more to do with a sense of belonging. In any case, I don't think that making Finland "officially" a part of Scandinavia would be too wise if the only reason for doing that is so that the label "Scandinavian" can also be applied to Finns. I mean, label or no label, the fact still remains that Finns are not originally Scandinavians, and a new label would do more damage than good, as it would hide the fact that Finns have a different origin.
Let me put it this way: I'm from Argentina (even though I don't live there). Most people from outside the Spanish-speaking world think that most Argentineans are ethnically either Amerindians or a mixture of indigenous people with Spaniards. That's not the case, and adopting a new label to satisfy people who believe that's the case would not be very smart.
Just a comment, I'm not criticizing you! :) Still, Finns are probably fairly similar to their Scandinavian neighbours socially, so it would make sense to call them Scandinavians when referring to their lifestyle. I'm mostly talking about ethnicity though. :)

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:30 am

Ok, I get your point. What I was talking about was the geographical Scandinavia, rather than Scandinavians as ethnic group.
I'm just getting tired of people having the misconception that Scandinavia equals North Europe. :P

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 am

Tero-75 wrote:Image
Hey I have a Destiny poster flag on my wall also :D

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:42 am

Mormegil wrote:Ok, I get your point. What I was talking about was the geographical Scandinavia, rather than Scandinavians as ethnic group.
I'm just getting tired of people having the misconception that Scandinavia equals North Europe. :P
Hey, I have the same problem. People think that Mexico = South America (geographically, ethnically, and culturally). Needless to say, none of those are true. :D

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 am

Everyone's already seen my ugly mug twice, I won't subject them to it a third time :lol:
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:38 am

"thank you "

"you can show your mug here anytime honey"

now what do you want us to say?
:lol:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 am

Pick any cliche you want
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:48 am

here is my mug

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
metal feeds the beast

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:31 am

*Sigh* I'll fix a picture someday ;)
Thanks for the comment Lurdi, yes I love him a LOT :D And what a great picture of you, you are beautiful!
I never said Finns are Scandinavian, I separated the two parts of the post.
*I* am Scandinavian, and I just wanted to mention that even though I had no clue about Finnish features, many people say Scandinavians have very special "looks" :lol:
Sorry I didn't make myself clearer :)

BTW: Love your mug Icecab! :lol:

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:54 am

Lurdi, I can only say WOW... :)

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:12 pm

I promised AAAAAAAAAA that I won't post my pics here anymore... but I'm just a woman so I changed my mind :D I spent last weekend in the old Russian town Vologda:

And there's an old tradition which is connected with this lady: one should keep her foot and make a wish:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Stealth wrote:
Irinia wrote:I haven't really seen many Finns other than the usual power/melodic metal guys in Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica etc - so I have absolutely no idea whether you look like a classical Finn or not ;)
But however they do say that Scandinavians have very similar face features, skin tones, eyes etc.
Finns are not Scandinavians.
They're close enough to Scandinavians for anyone outside of Finland to not really care about the difference :lol:

But seriously, the language and other cultural and historical differences make it enough for them to be considered different I guess.

Plus they're in the Eurozone :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Mormegil wrote: I'm just getting tired of people having the misconception that Scandinavia equals North Europe. :P
You mean Nordic Countries? Northern Europe is a vague term that normally includes some or all of the following: the Nordic Countries (Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), the UK and the Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania).

BTW, Iceland normally is not considered part of Scandinavia.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm

Stealth wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Ok, I get your point. What I was talking about was the geographical Scandinavia, rather than Scandinavians as ethnic group.
Hey, I have the same problem. People think that Mexico = South America (geographically, ethnically, and culturally). Needless to say, none of those are true. :D
I once met somebody from Australia who thought Spain is in South America.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Carcass wrote:
It's a nordic country though, and was colonised by Scandinavians.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:45 pm

I think the official definitions are:

Scandinavia: Sweden, Norway, Denmark
Fennoscandia: Sweden, Norway, Finland
Nordic countries: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:50 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Carcass wrote:
It's a nordic country though, and was colonised by Scandinavians.
Yeah I know.

DayDreamer

Post by DayDreamer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Mormegil wrote:I think the official definitions are:

My definition

Awesome Countries: Sweden,Norway,Finland,Denmark,Iceland :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:25 pm

DayDreamer wrote:
Mormegil wrote:I think the official definitions are:

My definition

Awesome Countries: Sweden,Norway,Finland,Denmark,Iceland :lol:
:lol: :lol: puzzle solved! :D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Morgana wrote: Image
cute pose for the camera and you nice smile :)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:59 pm

My backround includes both Celtic and Scandinavian countries, Hmmm maybe that's why I feel the draw to come to Europe, like Winter Skies my northern star is guiding me home.
metal feeds the beast

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:22 am

This was taken today, with my co-workers. I'm the one on the green and black shirt.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt11 ... IM1543.jpg

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Thank you all for your comments :oops:
Morgana, nice pics. Nobody could ever say you had a baby not a long time ago!
Neverendingabyss, I think I've never seen any pic of you. I remember one you uploaded but you were covering your face with the camera I think...so we could only see you hair :lol: