US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
icecab21
Re: US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:39 pm

it does matter by job definition

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:34 pm

RazielSR wrote:Whoever wins in the USA, It doesn't matter.
With all due respect, I think you are wrong about that. ;)
I think this particular election will steer the fate and course of the USA&even, alot of foreign policy events for many years to come. It will decide whether we will stay in Iraq or not, it will decide racial&environmental issues, and the temperament of these 2 guys are different as day, and night. So, yes, it does matter in many ways. :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:43 am

Promises. Nothing more.

I mean, of course there are differences and somehings are gonna change, but I never trust in politics. And my opinion it's not against USA ( I have some north american relatives there ).

The problem is that in every country (just a few can say they have good politics, not mine for example, here it's always the same too... ) and in the USA especially, who is the main power nowadays, the only purpose is to have more and more power. If you are not in Irak, you will be in another place someday.

What do you think, that if Obama wins, he is gonna appease all the world and unite south americans/black people/arabs/white people/etc.../etc... ?

Of course, maybe he will change somethings, of course he will improve his rights, etc, etc. But at the end of the day, it's just politics and I have something clear: Always (but specially nowadays) all politics are looking for the same: power. If some politic thinks is better to listen other ethnic group to get more votes, he or she will listen, and then that ethnic group will say: "hey, where are your promises?". And the same over and over again. The same with NorthAmerican people. If somebody thinks his life is gonna be better because of the one who is in WhiteHouse... :?

Just think in all the money all that insincere politics are spending with the meetings and the campaigns, etc, etc...Seems a circus.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:58 am

The people best suited to being president would never be interested in having the job. By definition.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Well, now there is an investigation going on to make sure that Obama was indeed born in USA. It is required that a person be a natural-born citizen before they can be Prez. Wouldn't that be a sorry fluke if it was discovered that Obama had not been born in USA after all? Sheeessh.

And guess who is heading this investigation?
Nope, not John McCain's cronies, but a guy who was big in Hilary's campaign.
"Hell hath no fury............" ;)

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:27 am

NEWSFLASH

Obama campaign confirms Biden is VP choice -- Newsday.com
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/polit ... 7113.story

Who the Hell is Joseph Biden? ???

We're fucked. :buh:

Oh, its this old fart/dude. :D
We're still fucked. :(

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:45 am

browneyedgirl wrote:NEWSFLASH

Who the Hell is Joseph Biden? ???
To me this is great ... I always really liked Joe Biden! A real character. I've seen him get FUCKING pissed off sometimes in interviews etc. Struck me as someone who definitely doesn't shut up to keep the peace.

This will get very interesting now :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:16 pm

I read a few references about Joe Biden, and apparently he is very intelligent on matters of foreign policy, which we do need right now! So, maybe JB is a good choice after all!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Joe Biden's son (an army captain) is due to be deployed to Iraq around November. Good leverage.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Does anyone recall that Biden had to step down from the 1988 presidential campaign when his staff was caught plagiarizing speech material from Neil Kinnock, a Labor party member from the UK, in addition to other speeches by the late former U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy- brother of President Kennedy.

There is also an explosive new expose' that has been released on Obama- titled Obama Nation by the author Jerome Corsi, which has reached # 1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Of course, this book has elicited howls of rage from the wasteland on the left, not to mention a forty page protest from the Obama campaign HQ which called the book a pack of lies, but provided very little in the way of a point by point rebuttal to a book that had a huge collection of footnoted quotes (Obama's own words) from the candidate.

Any idiot that writes a book that is entitled "Dreams of my Father" about a deadbeat dad- and a Muslim at that, which abandoned him and his family is, in all actuality, far too moronic to ever be president.

It will be interesting to see how Obama's "resolutions" on Georgia play out in the Kremlin. I can certainly imagine the troika of Putin, Medvedev, and Ivanov cackling at the mere thought of a lightweight leftist tard such as Obama in the White House. If that does come to pass, I would say that the Ukraine will be next on Putin's radar screen, and following the initial Hitlerian strategy of "one at a time" he'll then probably turn his sights on the Poles- whom we once actually went to war over...oh never mind (!)

It's also very, very likely that there will soon be a war between Israel and Iran over the Busher plant- which could also drag Russia into the conflict- (i.e., shades of Gog and Magog)- and we'll see how Obama's eloquent words help anyone out of the mess that is about to become WWIII- that can has been kicked down the road far too many times already, and it is coming- soon....

Don't even ask who the jihadists would like to see elected- (here's a clue from the clue tree in my backyard: it's not McCain!)

As far as McCain is concerned, there's nothing spectacular about him per se either, although I do admire his courage and tenacity during his days a a POW in the Hanoi Hilton. Essentially, Obama is just another democrat, and McCain is just another republican.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"- Pete Townsend
(prophetic words, indeed!)

Either way, regardless of who gets elected here, I would be a lot more concerned about this guy (not the actor, but the character he is playing-)

Κύριε ἐλέησον

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:06 pm

yes the actor must be stopped!!!!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Either way, regardless of who gets elected here, I would be a lot more concerned about this guy (not the actor, but the character he is playing-)
The Antichrist? Oh, that dude has not shown up yet---he's somewhere, but he's not so obvious at this time. Any theories? ???

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 am

its tha actor . hes not really acting. one day you all will see

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:49 am

Michael York always plays an asshole, he even gave Dr. Morou a good turn! :D but, in Mike's younger days, I thought he was kinda "shaggy". ;) He's English after all!

Back on topc: I wish I had not signed up on Obama's E-Mail list---now I'm being literally bombarded! I got about 20 e-mails on 2 seperate E-Mail accounts in about 6 hours yesterday! :eek: If this continues, I'm having my name removed! 1 or 2 is OK, but SHEEEEESH!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

You got Lybia, you got the Russians
You got civilian planes crashing to the oceans
Airports full of terrorists
Nazi skins, anarchists
When are they gonna learn

Better listen to me you son of a bitch
Better disarm those missiles sleeping in the ditch
You have no goddamn right to do the things you do
The world would be a better place if we were rid of you
Of rage and war

Every country's got the bomb
The scientists are working on
Chemical weapons to melt the flesh
With no source of defense
Shoot me, I'll shoot you
Like there's nothing better to do
Who's the loser in the end

Better listen to me you son of a bitch
Better disarm those missiles sleeping in the ditch
You have no goddamn right to do the things you do
The world would be a better place if we were rid of you
Of rage and war

War broods in foreign lands
Missiles launch upon command
Israel, Lebanon, what the hell is going on
Ambassadors who say they try
Negotiating suicide
Are they prepared to face the end?
Of rage and war

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:26 pm

miditek wrote:Does anyone recall that Biden had to step down from the 1988 presidential campaign when his staff was caught plagiarizing speech material from Neil Kinnock, a Labor party member from the UK, in addition to other speeches by the late former U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy- brother of President Kennedy.

There is also an explosive new expose' that has been released on Obama- titled Obama Nation by the author Jerome Corsi, which has reached # 1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Of course, this book has elicited howls of rage from the wasteland on the left, not to mention a forty page protest from the Obama campaign HQ which called the book a pack of lies, but provided very little in the way of a point by point rebuttal to a book that had a huge collection of footnoted quotes (Obama's own words) from the candidate.

Any idiot that writes a book that is entitled "Dreams of my Father" about a deadbeat dad- and a Muslim at that, which abandoned him and his family is, in all actuality, far too moronic to ever be president.

It will be interesting to see how Obama's "resolutions" on Georgia play out in the Kremlin. I can certainly imagine the troika of Putin, Medvedev, and Ivanov cackling at the mere thought of a lightweight leftist tard such as Obama in the White House. If that does come to pass, I would say that the Ukraine will be next on Putin's radar screen, and following the initial Hitlerian strategy of "one at a time" he'll then probably turn his sights on the Poles- whom we once actually went to war over...oh never mind (!)

It's also very, very likely that there will soon be a war between Israel and Iran over the Busher plant- which could also drag Russia into the conflict- (i.e., shades of Gog and Magog)- and we'll see how Obama's eloquent words help anyone out of the mess that is about to become WWIII- that can has been kicked down the road far too many times already, and it is coming- soon....

Don't even ask who the jihadists would like to see elected- (here's a clue from the clue tree in my backyard: it's not McCain!)

As far as McCain is concerned, there's nothing spectacular about him per se either, although I do admire his courage and tenacity during his days a a POW in the Hanoi Hilton. Essentially, Obama is just another democrat, and McCain is just another republican.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"- Pete Townsend
(prophetic words, indeed!)

like to generalize i see :o sometimes thats good but that could also mean your wrong at the same time. I do agree that Obama and McCain just another democrat and republican right now. Who ever gets elected then we will see what makes him different. Im rooting for Obama but I wish Al Gore was running.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:42 am

I am going to be watching the Democratic Convention on TV this week. Should be educational.

@miditek, people in USA&world are desperate. They have seen, and know Bush made so many mistakes that affected their lives personally. I think people are so desperate they'd vote for a New Age oriented, bipolar artist ;) with delusions of grandeur if they thought he'd/she'd put everything back on track. I mean GW Bush really screwed up alot, and if you are honest with yourself, even as a Republican, you can see that. People do many strange things when they are desperate. Even vote for someone they think is going to magically pull them out of their ruts in life. Obama is a "rock star" and he knows it. You should figure out easily why he has earned that nickname ;) and why its going to put him in the White House. Nothing(short of a bullet in his head or a plane crash)is going to stop him. People crave heroes/idols&Obama is going to be America's hero the same way as Elvis, Motley Crue, etc. etc.
Its not just his campaign promises, what he believes in, or how he thinks, it HOW he presents himself as a charismatic, charming Rock Star, and the USA WILL swallow it all, hook line, and sinker! :headbang:
Because, thats the human psychology whether we like it, or not!

I'm sorry, miditek, but you probably knew all that anyway.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:35 am

I watched a little of the convention. Michelle Obama, Barack's wife, gave a very good speech! Actually better than Ted Kennedy's. :)

A new development:

FBI looks into Denver reports of threat on Obama

The Associated Press

1:34 PM EST August 26, 2008

The FBI is looking into reports in Denver media outlets that a man under investigation for drug and weapons violations may have made threats against Barack Obama, officials said Monday.
"It's premature to say that it was a valid threat or that these folks have the ability to carry it out," said a U.S. government official familiar with the investigation. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.
Obama will be in Denver this week to accept the Democratic nomination for president.
FBI spokeswoman Kathy Wright confirmed the FBI was investigating the reports but declined to elaborate. The Joint Information Center - a command set up by Denver, state and federal authorities to field media inquiries during the Democratic convention - said it had no immediate comment.
Aurora Police Detective Marcus Dudley said Monday that 28-year-old Tharin Robert Gartrell was arrested early Sunday in a routine traffic stop in the Denver suburb of Aurora. He is being investigated for possible methamphetamine and firearms violations, officials said.
Two other people were arrested in the case, Aurora police said in a statement. They didn't immediately release more details.
Law enforcers in Denver are trying to find out whether the reported threats to Obama were valid. "It could also turn out that these were nothing but a bunch of knuckleheads, meth heads," the U.S. government official said.
Gartrell was being held at the Arapahoe County jail on $50,000 bail on a felony charge of special offender, drug violations. The jail said he didn't have a lawyer yet but was due in court Thursday.
U.S. Attorney Troy Eid said in a statement that federal charges were anticipated. Eid did not elaborate, but officials with the FBI; Secret Service; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; and Aurora police set a news conference for Tuesday afternoon.

Sounds like just a smartass druggie with a clouded mind, but it always pays to be careful. People under the influence of drugs have done terrible things they normally would not do.

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 am

browneyedgirl wrote:I am going to be watching the Democratic Convention on TV this week. Should be educational.

@miditek, people in USA&world are desperate. They have seen, and know Bush made so many mistakes that affected their lives personally. I think people are so desperate they'd vote for a New Age oriented, bipolar artist ;) with delusions of grandeur if they thought he'd/she'd put everything back on track. I mean GW Bush really screwed up alot, and if you are honest with yourself, even as a Republican, you can see that. People do many strange things when they are desperate. Even vote for someone they think is going to magically pull them out of their ruts in life. Obama is a "rock star" and he knows it. You should figure out easily why he has earned that nickname ;) and why its going to put him in the White House. Nothing(short of a bullet in his head or a plane crash)is going to stop him. People crave heroes/idols&Obama is going to be America's hero the same way as Elvis, Motley Crue, etc. etc.
Its not just his campaign promises, what he believes in, or how he thinks, it HOW he presents himself as a charismatic, charming Rock Star, and the USA WILL swallow it all, hook line, and sinker! :headbang:
Because, thats the human psychology whether we like it, or not!

I'm sorry, miditek, but you probably knew all that anyway.
As I mentioned, I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, but a libertarian leaning independent. One of the first things that I would do (if I were president) would be to begin shutting down a great deal of the bloated bureaus that serve no purpose to the American people whatsoever.

For instance, the U.S. Department of Education, which in and of itself is an unconstitutional entity (these powers are delegated to the States and should remain there), in addition to the U.S. Department of Energy, both of which are absymal failures and drains on the economy. HUD (Housing and Urban Development) would be the next to go.

For instance, over $1 trillion USD had been spent since on urban renewal and other unconstitutional schemes since the administration of President Lyndon Johnson, all of which have had little or no effect whatsoever, with the exception of being additional bloat in a long out of control budget. We still have sprawling housing projects that are broken and dilapidated, and not to mention the crooked local bureaucracies, such as the Chattanooga Housing Authority that get federal funds, don't take care of the property, can't balance their books, and still pay their already overpaid and underworked (and unaccountable) executives annual bonuses.

I would also begin mass deportations of all illegal aliens in this country, and would not give a rip what the outcry was. There have been far too many hospitals that have gond bankrupt due to the treatment of aliens that are by law, not supposed to be here to begin with. If the Mexican army got caught again on our side of the border firing on our own border police, then I would absolutely have the U.S. Army send in attack helicopters to light them up, and then have mechanized infantry come in for mop-up operations.

Having foreign military forces running interference across our borders for drug smugglers and 'coyotes'- those that smuggle humans should positively not be tolerated- ever, and is positively one of the most infuriating things that I can possibly imagine. Drug smugglers should be executed on sight, and then buried in the desert. Get caught with 100 kilos of coke and your illegal? Guess what? You're dead meat. Illicit bankers that launder money for the drug cartels should also be targeted for assassination by black ops hit squads. Squeamish about extrajudicial killings of crooked businessmen? I would have no qualms- the money that they are washing is blood money, and came at the expense of thousands of policemen, judges, etc. and their families throughout Central and South America, and not to mention the death and crime that comes along with the cargo after it enters our country and hits the streets. Want a war on drugs? Well, here's a roadmap on how to win it.

We have over 457,000 fugitives from various nations that are here illegally, and it is far past time for "Operation: Roundup", and to send these people back from whence they came. Lots of bleeding heart liberals (as well as greedy conservatives) say that mass deportations are not possible, but I would have to say that history suggests otherwise.

Should terrorists be given three hots and a cot, free Korans, prayer rugs, and not to mention free Pentagon lawyers while waiting to face a military tribunal? The short answer is no. During WWII several hundred English speaking German commandos that were attached to Peiper's II SS Pz Div, were caught behind 3rd Army lines at Bastonge wearing American army uniforms, and Eisenhower simply had them shot as spies and saboteurs with little or no public outcry at all. Surrender should never be accepted from your friendly neighborhood jihadist- it's essentially not a problem that a .75 cent .223 bullet can't fix.

Welfare and food stamps should become a thing of the past, and the dreaded and hated IRS should be abolished in favor of either (take your pick) a national sales tax, flat tax, or some other sort of VAT solution. Term limitations should be implemented and rigidly enforced.

The U.S. should give the UN the boot back to Geneva, and also tell NATO partners that it's high time that they started spending more than 1% of their GDP on national defense. With gasoline taxes at $7 to $8 per gallon in Europe- they should be given a choice- keep your expense cradle to the grave programs or spend more on national defense, because the next time Ivan comes knocking, the U.S. Calvary ain't comin' ! ;)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 am

In short, this is an election unlike anything I've ever seen! Usually conventions are held to pick the candidate, this time the field was narrowed totally down before the conventions! Has that ever happened before? To both parties? Seems very unusual! Whats going to happen next time? The Supreme Court play enny-meeny-minny-moe, and choose one? Or draw numbers, closest one wins? ??? Yeah, thats stupid to say, but something is very wrong with the psyche, not just of USA, but of the world, too. And, I don't think I'm imagining it, either! :?

I had a conversation with Vic the other night, a deep one, and he thinks pretty soon something terrible is going to happen in this world. He couldn't put his finger on it exactly, but he just said the signs were there, and its just the mood of people, and just everything going on. I think having a child has given my son a more thoughtful nature, plus he is into studying websites about wars&stuff now. The point is, I had never heard this side of him talk this deeply&seriously about world events. Vic does not like either Obama or McCain, and he thinks its a shame we don't have mor than 2 choices. I think any folks feel that way, but along with desparation, there is a feeling of helplessness&many cases, hopelessness. So, the signs are there of something, I don't know what. :?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 am

Whats going to happen next time? The Supreme Court play enny-meeny-minny-moe, and choose one?
it would not be the first time
with more judges appointed by one partizan group the randomness of the pick was not so unpredictable though

the best place for many of these people is in the private sector

in either the power is with the people

it takes followers of a idea to make it happen in the long run.
if there is noone else to pull the trigger only one person needs to be stopped. With society my ideal would have been to not have develuped triggers and instead have develuped communitys of support

its a shame there is not a diagram board here it would be fun to make a picture show for a lot of what i'm thinking. maybe ill have to do some power points.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:06 pm

miditek wrote:
The U.S. should give the UN the boot back to Geneva, and also tell NATO partners that it's high time that they started spending more than 1% of their GDP on national defense. With gasoline taxes at $7 to $8 per gallon in Europe- they should be given a choice- keep your expense cradle to the grave programs or spend more on national defense, because the next time Ivan comes knocking, the U.S. Calvary ain't comin' ! ;)
Who will 'give the choice' between defense and welfare? The US? Most other NATO members don't charge off into pointless wars aka Iraq, thereby negating the need to spend so much on defense :D and quite how will spending more on 'defense' lower fuel prices? ??? If I remember correctly, the Iraq war made prices go up. Things just work differently over here, and there's a reason for that. You can't expect every country to adopt the American economic model and for it to work.

Besides, the Russian renneisance will only last as long as oil flows and stays expensive. It's a limited resource and it will run out. And who do they sell most of their oil to anyway?

Russia needs the rest of Europe, and vice versa. If you mean Russia is becoming a threat because of the whole Georgia thing, worry not as it will quickly be forgotten, and besides did anyone expect anything different from that kind of situation? If China was talking openly about a military defense pact with Mexico, and the Mexican president was making a lot of noises about 'reclaiming New Mexico' or something, I'm rather sure the US would react in a very similar manner. (Actually, maybe not, given that Mexico has a population of around 100 million and another 40 odd million within the US itself... not exactly a minor undertaking.)

Russia has absolutely nothing to gain from a war with the rest of Europe (other than vague connections to a mystical 'prophecy' written by some guy on shrooms 2000 years ago) so I don't think we should be too worried about them. They want to reassert themselves as a player on the global stage, and will act in their own best interests. You can't really blame a country for that. Sometimes, interests conflict and that's to be expected. Now, I know you're going to bring up your favourite subject, Iran and a load of quotes from the bible about how they're going to bring about the end times, but I've said before they're not stupid enough to start any trouble with anyone and I highly doubt they will, given that the entire nation of Iran would no longer be a viable habitat for multicellular life if they did so much as lob a firecracker at Israel or anyone else. They've got huge foreign armies in both their neighbouring states of Afghanistan and Iraq, so it's to be expected they'll start talking tough and have a more paranoid mindset.

And do you honestly think Russia would come to their aid if they attacked anyone else? Again, what would the Russians gain from that? It's not like they're exactly short of customers for their weapons. They don't even need Iranian oil.

So if everyone relaxes, and stops worrying about the bombs, I'm sure we'll all be happy.

Drug smugglers should be executed on sight, and then buried in the desert.
You should move to Saudi Arabia. You'd love Sharia law, you seem to think the US should adopt it! So much for human rights.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:09 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
miditek wrote:
Who will 'give the choice' between defense and welfare? The US? Most other NATO members don't charge off into pointless wars aka Iraq, thereby negating the need to spend so much on defense :D and quite how will spending more on 'defense' lower fuel prices? ??? If I remember correctly, the Iraq war made prices go up. Things just work differently over here, and there's a reason for that. You can't expect every country to adopt the American economic model and for it to work.
Precisely.
All due respect, but America fucked things up, including your own economy and now you're telling Europe how to run things?

Also, "country's economy is doing badly -> elect totalitarian leader" hasn't worked too well in the past, remember.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:27 pm

miditek wrote:
There is also an explosive new expose' that has been released on Obama- titled Obama Nation by the author Jerome Corsi,
Jerome Corsi is an absolute joke, as is everything in that book. He's worse at representing the truth than Hannity and O'Reilly.
miditek wrote: It's also very, very likely that there will soon be a war between Israel and Iran over the Busher plant- which could also drag Russia into the conflict- (i.e., shades of Gog and Magog)- and we'll see how Obama's eloquent words help anyone out of the mess that is about to become WWIII- that can has been kicked down the road far too many times already, and it is coming- soon....
Isreal doesn't, and won't need our help, anyone stupid enough to try to go to war with them will get destroyed anyways. Iran is big and bad in the minds of the Americans, but they can't take on Isreal, and Russia isn't strong enough to tip the balance in Iran's favor, so if it does turn into a conflict, it will be a short one.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:51 pm

miditek wrote:It will be interesting to see how Obama's "resolutions" on Georgia play out in the Kremlin. I can certainly imagine the troika of Putin, Medvedev, and Ivanov cackling at the mere thought of a lightweight leftist tard such as Obama in the White House. If that does come to pass, I would say that the Ukraine will be next on Putin's radar screen, and following the initial Hitlerian strategy of "one at a time" he'll then probably turn his sights on the Poles- whom we once actually went to war over...oh never mind (!)
If you lived in Europe you would understand that Russia will not attack Poland. Poland is member of both NATO and EU.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:23 pm

Rebel wrote:
miditek wrote:
There is also an explosive new expose' that has been released on Obama- titled Obama Nation by the author Jerome Corsi,
Jerome Corsi is an absolute joke, as is everything in that book. He's worse at representing the truth than Hannity and O'Reilly.

Didn't he also have a huge go at McCain earlier on? Funny how everyone forgot about that.

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:40 am

Mormegil wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
miditek wrote:
Precisely.
All due respect, but America fucked things up, including your own economy and now you're telling Europe how to run things?

Also, "country's economy is doing badly -> elect totalitarian leader" hasn't worked too well in the past, remember.
What I'm getting at is America should pull all of its military assets completly out of Europe. Period. End of the story. No more bases in Germany, no more bases anywhere. We spent billions on the lend lease act. We spent billions sending aid to the Soviets during WWII. We spent billions destroying Germany (twice), spent billions more on the Marshall Plan, and then spent still more defending Europe during the Cold War.

So when Europe bitches about how much that we spend on our military after all of the spending that we've done for Europe over decades, it's way past time to pull out, and then let Europe defend itself. Without America's nuclear shield Europe would obviously have to spend more (or at least more than an average of 1% of each country's GDP) which is the way that it should be anyway. We have no business being in NATO or the UN.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 am

NeonVomit wrote:You should move to Saudi Arabia. You'd love Sharia law, you seem to think the US should adopt it! So much for human rights.
I think that you know how the drug cartels operate, and there should not be one bit of sympathy for them. As I stated the blood trail originates in Colombia, works its way through Central America, and continues into this country with gang wars, overdoses. broken families, etc.

Fuck the cartel's "rights", okay?

I say if you get caught with a big load of coke, then you get shot on sight. Want to be a thug and shoot judges and police officers and/or kidnap their families? I say put a bounty on their heads that is so high that every person on the planet will be gunning for them.

You can pontificate about "human rights" all you want- that's typical liberal policy- blame the victims, and then paint the thugs themselves as some sort of deprived "victims". But I say scum such as the Medellin and Cali Cartels should be targeted for immediate extermination with absolutely no mercy whatsoever. Do you know how many tons of that garbage gets imported into the US each year?

I have several friends that work in Emergency rooms at hospitals, and then mentioned that 50% of all cardiac patients between the ages of 18-50 that are brought in each day are on that crap. The first thing that ask them is "Are you doing coke? Are you doing meth? We need for you to be truthful with us so that we can do what is necessary to save your life."
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:21 am

miditek wrote: So when Europe bitches about how much that we spend on our military after all of the spending that we've done for Europe over decades, it's way past time to pull out, and then let Europe defend itself. Without America's nuclear shield Europe would obviously have to spend more (or at least more than an average of 1% of each country's GDP) which is the way that it should be anyway. We have no business being in NATO or the UN.
The main reason not to pull out of the UN or NATO is Image

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:26 am

miditek wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:You should move to Saudi Arabia. You'd love Sharia law, you seem to think the US should adopt it! So much for human rights.
I think that you know how the drug cartels operate, and there should not be one bit of sympathy for them. As I stated the blood trail originates in Colombia, works its way through Central America, and continues into this country with gang wars, overdoses. broken families, etc.

Fuck the cartel's "rights", okay?

I say if you get caught with a big load of coke, then you get shot on sight. Want to be a thug and shoot judges and police officers and/or kidnap their families? I say put a bounty on their heads that is so high that every person on the planet will be gunning for them.

You can pontificate about "human rights" all you want- that's typical liberal policy- blame the victims, and then paint the thugs themselves as some sort of deprived "victims". But I say scum such as the Medellin and Cali Cartels should be targeted for immediate extermination with absolutely no mercy whatsoever. Do you know how many tons of that garbage gets imported into the US each year?

I have several friends that work in Emergency rooms at hospitals, and then mentioned that 50% of all cardiac patients between the ages of 18-50 that are brought in each day are on that crap. The first thing that ask them is "Are you doing coke? Are you doing meth? We need for you to be truthful with us so that we can do what is necessary to save your life."
I have little sympathy for drug cartels, but I still believe everyone is entitled to a fair trial. If Saddam Hussein got a fair trial, then everyone else should have one too.

The Medellin and Cali cartels are but a shadow of what they formerly were. The drug trade is still active but it's a lot more fragmented than it was, with the paramilitaries and guerrillas doing most of the buisiness now.

The amount of purely practical issues raised by a 'kill on sight' policy for anything simply makes things too complicated. Can you immediately identify a drug trafficker on sight? How many innocent people would be killed by that sort of policy?