US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
Re: US president 2008: Candidates, discussion, and the rest...

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 am

@miditek, I think you might be interested in this:

http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articl ... d=26410407

On a more personal note: a few years ago my Dad tried to draw some well-deserved government benefits, and was told his Social Security # was already in the system! ??? WTF? Well, the matter was investigated, and it was discovered that an immigrant guy in Texas got my Dads Social Security # from another party who had SSNumbers for sale! Where THEY got his number is anyones guess! After a couple months inconvienence, it all was settled&Dad was able to draw his whatever benefit it is.
This is not a rare practice, and SSNumber theft has risen considerably the past 5 years, and a large market is among illegal immigrants.
btw, the only answer to the theft my Dad could come up with was about 6 months before, He&my Mom had a DirectTV satellite dish put in(from a licensed company)&it was required(if a person does not have a crdit card)they must give their Debit Card # and Social Security #. Although I think that has changed now since many thefts were traced back to the Satellite TV business.
So, protect that number with your life&never give it out unnecessarily, It's theft can at best, inconvienence you, or at the worse, ruin your life, and in these cases, the victim does get blamed many times for not being more careful. My Dad was lucky in that it did get straightened out in just 2 months, many times it can take years if ever at all.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:40 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow after Hilary’s speech at the convention one of the news stations found a perfect advertisement for the Republican Party to use. There was so much wrong with the thought process of that woman they interviewed and I think that extremism will really hurt.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:41 pm

well me might get our first woman president after all in the next 4 years. stone age expirnece meets beuty queen looks. its bound to work for the sob stories that work so well in the bible belt and small town america

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:01 am

McCain's running mate. Yes, a 20-year-old pic.
Beauty&Brains. ;)

Given alot of people's gullibility and most people's shallowness, it may work.
"Its the total person! Its the total person!" :D

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:24 am

http://www.ontheissues.org/Sarah_Palin.htm

on the issues needs to start working their butt of to put some information here. She has been gov for 2 years in a state of 60000 people after all.

here are the rest of the canadates

http://www.ontheissues.org/John_McCain.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/Barack_Obama.htm
http://www.ontheissues.org/Joe_Biden.htm

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:54 am

Digg - Miss Alaska 1984 runner up Sarah Palin
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Miss_ ... arah_Palin

People at Digg are having a blast. :D And, they also admit how shallow people are in the world, and this ploy of getting a "hot" babe might just work, at least a little. ;)
And, believe me, when you are out in the world, and listen to people just talk, you know it will work to an extent. "Hot" is what people talk about. :D McCain is not an idiot, thats for sure! :)

People had a chance to get a good female in the Office who'd do a good job, and they blew it. Lets see these same Anti-Hillary people salivate over Palin. :D Hypocrites.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:10 am

i hope people vote dowards policys and not towards penisis and vaginas and skin pygments. if mccain gets elected he will have the power to possibly choose the next 3 supreme court jugdes. i hope people take into account how much power a president has with non elected officials. i pray people can sit back and vote on their own beliefs and not a fling of madness or social pressure

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 pm

Supreme court choices have to be confirmed by the Senate, no?
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:03 pm

well have the bush choices been supporters of democratic values? mccain will only nominate judges with his values and the senate can't block it forever.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:55 pm

"Che" Burashka

"Che" Obama

Cheburashka (I'd vote for him before I'd vote for
Obama)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 pm

McCain's dangerous choice

Yesterday was John McCain's 72nd birthday. If elected, he'd be the oldest president ever inaugurated. And after months of slamming Barack Obama for "inexperience," here's who John McCain has chosen to be one heartbeat away from the presidency: a right-wing religious conservative with no foreign policy experience, who until recently was mayor of a town of 9,000 people.
Huh?
Who is Sarah Palin? Here's some basic background:
She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.1
Palin is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.2
She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000. 3
Palin thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.4
She's doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.5
She's solidly in line with John McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy. She's pushed hard for more oil drilling and says renewables won't be ready for years. She also sued the Bush administration for listing polar bears as an endangered species—she was worried it would interfere with more oil drilling in Alaska.6
How closely did John McCain vet this choice? He met Sarah Palin once at a meeting. They spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president. Then he offered her the position.7
This is information the American people need to see. Please take a moment to forward this email to your friends and family.
We also asked Alaska MoveOn members what the rest of us should know about their governor. The response was striking. Here's a sample:
She is really just a mayor from a small town outside Anchorage who has been a governor for only 1.5 years, and has ZERO national and international experience. I shudder to think that she could be the person taking that 3AM call on the White House hotline, and the one who could potentially be charged with leading the US in the volatile international scene that exists today. —Rose M., Fairbanks, AK
She is VERY, VERY conservative, and far from perfect. She's a hunter and fisherwoman, but votes against the environment again and again. She ran on ethics reform, but is currently under investigation for several charges involving hiring and firing of state officials. She has NO experience beyond Alaska. —Christine B., Denali Park, AK
As an Alaskan and a feminist, I am beyond words at this announcement. Palin is not a feminist, and she is not the reformer she claims to be. —Karen L., Anchorage, AK
Alaskans, collectively, are just as stunned as the rest of the nation. She is doing well running our State, but is totally inexperienced on the national level, and very much unequipped to run the nation, if it came to that. She is as far right as one can get, which has already been communicated on the news. In our office of thirty employees (dems, republicans, and nonpartisans), not one person feels she is ready for the V.P. position.—Sherry C., Anchorage, AK
She's vehemently anti-choice and doesn't care about protecting our natural resources, even though she has worked as a fisherman. McCain chose her to pick up the Hillary voters, but Palin is no Hillary. —Marina L., Juneau, AK
I think she's far too inexperienced to be in this position. I'm all for a woman in the White House, but not one who hasn't done anything to deserve it. There are far many other women who have worked their way up and have much more experience that would have been better choices. This is a patronizing decision on John McCain's part- and insulting to females everywhere that he would assume he'll get our vote by putting "A Woman" in that position.—Jennifer M., Anchorage, AK
So Governor Palin is a staunch anti-choice religious conservative. She's a global warming denier who shares John McCain's commitment to Big Oil. And she's dramatically inexperienced.
In picking Sarah Palin, John McCain has made the religious right very happy. And he's made a very dangerous decision for our country.
In the next few days, many Americans will be wondering what McCain's vice-presidential choice means. Please pass this information along to your friends and family.
Thanks for all you do.
–Ilyse, Noah, Justin, Karin and the rest of the team
Sources:
1. "Sarah Palin," Wikipedia, Accessed August 29, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin
2. "McCain Selects Anti-Choice Sarah Palin as Running Mate," NARAL Pro-Choice America, August 29, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17515&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=1
3. "Sarah Palin, Buchananite," The Nation, August 29, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17736&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=2
4. "'Creation science' enters the race," Anchorage Daily News, October 27, 2006
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17737&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=3
5. "Palin buys climate denial PR spin—ignores science," Huffington Post, August 29, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17517&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=4
6. "McCain VP Pick Completes Shift to Bush Energy Policy," Sierra Club, August 29, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17518&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=5
"Choice of Palin Promises Failed Energy Policies of the Past," League of Conservation Voters, August 29, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17519&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=6
"Protecting polar bears gets in way of drilling for oil, says governor," The Times of London, May 23, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=17520&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=7
7 "McCain met Palin once before yesterday," MSNBC, August 29, 2008
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=21119&id=1366 ... 2orD6x&t=8

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:59 pm

Okay, whatever side of the political spectrum you're on, this is funny :lol:

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:53 pm

Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:31 am

Mrs. Palin has became so controversial alot of political analysts have said McCain may have to rethink his choice. Many people have said Joseph Lieberman might be the end resulting choice if the Palin matter keeps snowballing.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:56 am

Well its not her fault her daughter didn't know how to have safe sex... or that she was against any form of sex education...

Sort of reminds me of Cheney's anti-gay stuff, then his own daughter coming out of the closet...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 am

I am voting for Obama, so I don't care anyway.
But, I won't judge Palin or her family. I have no right. All those things are personal matters.
People love to attack someone about personal issues,(or looks, in the case of Obamas big ears) instead of looking at how she did her job.

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:36 am

browneyedgirl wrote:I am voting for Obama, so I don't care anyway.
But, I won't judge Palin or her family. I have no right. All those things are personal matters.
People love to attack someone about personal issues,(or looks, in the case of Obamas big ears) instead of looking at how she did her job.
Obama's ears had nothing on Ross Perot's!

Image :lol:

Or, as Dennis Miller used to refer to him as: "That big eared little Martian from Texas." :D
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:52 am

:lol: Those were the days! :lol:
I liked Ross Perot. There was just something unusual about him that stood out, other than his ears. :lol: He was just different, and his 15% tax plan actually sounded OK at the time.
Richard Crenna played Perot in a movie(On Wings of Eagles), good movie but couldn't that guy from Saturday Nite Live done a better job? I mean, Crenna is very tall&Perot is like 5'4". :lol:
Martin Short would have been good as Perot because, well, he is kinda short! :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:57 am

"yes i vote for different policy than mccain, yet i think he will be the best choice"

how do people unite when they have polar solutions to solving common problems?
best economy through privite sector
best economy through public sector

best economy through mix and working together

where can a common ground happen between protectionism and free market?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:28 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGWsGyNs ... re=related

at the ron paul convention they played that song.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:38 am

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 am

NeonVomit wrote:Image
Threesome? ??? :D

Watch out Hillary, you'll never go back. =P
Not that Bill would mind.....:lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:46 am

fun little rant here

wow conventions on both sides are just filled with strawmen and missrepresentations. people beleive it and it's hard to stand that.
6 out of the last 8 years the rebubs had the majority of all government branches and they did not do what they say mccain will do. they took so many stabs at bush here that why in the hell did the party choose him over mccain 8 years ago?

with palen running a surplus and paying people in alaska just to live there, why is she asking the federal government for money if she is a reformer and for state rights and responsibility?

if we go by excetiutive expirence, palen in the only canadate that has any, so why is she behind someone that she has more excetiutive expirence than?

mayor of 8000 people, governer of Population, 2006 estimate 670,053
votes received to be gov: 114,697

repubs, I thought they were for using non-governmental methods of helping others and bringing communities together, yet the job of community organizer gets mocked as if its a joke and does not touch peoples lives in a positive manor.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 pm

http://news.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articl ... d=26525268

Mrs. Palin fires back, and all I can say is, "You go, Girl!"

I'm not a member of her party, but I'm all for any woman who has the guts to stand up to people&tell them where to go, what's what, and the way it is! :bigok:
Now some smartasses will be calling her a Bitch. Thats what happens when a woman really speaks up&out.
Babe
In
Total
Charge of
Herself

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:16 pm

So who are you going to vote for now?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:22 am

Obama.
I didn't say I liked WHAT she said, I just liked HOW she said what she did. She's a forceful, aggressive speaker, and gets her points across.
I don't agree with most of her policies/beliefs at all. She is an extreme conservative.
Matter of fact, I still think its something fishy about McCain picking her in the first place. :err: Palin was not even on his VP list!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:20 am

Conniving unqualified nasty terror for acronyms that are not aimed at anyone

Like many male or female, since I thought it was supposed to be character and beliefs that mattered, she is someone that does not use facts in judgments and misrepresents her opponent’s views and policies

can she at least make her points on reality, and this goes all to all the poluteticians, not just the ones that form their unmoving opinions based on the fact that will be their gimmick to power?

She has a surplus, yet she asked the federal government to pay for projects that only affect her state.

She wants privacy for her family’s decision with their reproductive rights, yet wants the government to be in charge of everyone else’s

She commits people for their ethics ishues, yet goes beyond her job to get a ex family member fired (if proven guilty this one will stay, if not then this gets removed)

She comments on not being an insider, yet uses the same strawman critics as the others do.

She raises taxes of companies in Alaska because she says the previous bill was written by the oil companies and involved fraud from republican politicians, yet talks as if she is the champion of all tax cuts and all tax cuts are good

Her party had 6 years of majority in senate, house, executive, and judicial branches, and they have not done what they are saying they will do if McCain gets elected.

The republication convention has been all about doing things bush never did, cleaning up what bush never did, being what bush never was, yet the party chose bush over McCain. What does that say about the party’s judgment?