Mike Portnoy left Dream Theater!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
mayhem-for-all
Re: Mike Portnoy left Dream Theater!

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:23 am

Rebel wrote:
TimoToikki wrote:
adrian9 wrote:I dont get pissed of too often, and in fact I rarely post to argue with somebody, but the comment of toikki was a "world trade center size shit" and was impossible for me not to write something.
Dream Theater without Mike Portnoy is like Iron Maiden without Kai Hansen. They will not last two weeks.

The bottom line is that Mike Portnoy was the heart of Dream Theater and the other members can be changed like socks. It was his band. He wrote 95% of the songs and most of the lyrics. The other guys are pissing on his art by playing his extremely personal songs without him, like Space Dye Vest, Wait For Sleep, and Hollow Beers, which he wrote about his alcohol problems.

You do not know what you are talking about :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 pm

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKVvr9vQDYQ?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKVvr9vQDYQ?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

He will be missed...

Also, am i the only one who thinks that he looks 90% less cooler without the blue beard?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Kosmo wrote:<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKVvr9vQDYQ?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKVvr9vQDYQ?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

He will be missed...

Also, am i the only one who thinks that he looks 90% less cooler without the blue beard?
Actually, I hated that thing

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Can it be that they kicked him out because he spoke THAT much of bullshit?
---...---

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Guys...LaBrie is next in line..Check this out.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdyvrL2YbHU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdyvrL2YbHU?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:47 pm

As expected...this is becoming a bit ridiculous...

MP in MP's forum:
Please show some sensitivity....this is even harder for me than you guys!

Sorry gang, I hate to be a party pooper...but all of the threads about "who should be the new DT drummer" is REALLY difficult for me to see right now....

I know it's all just creative and free discussion for you guys as drummers, DT/MP fans or simply general music fans...and this site is all about "freedom of speech" (or at least to the extent that Weymolith sees respectful and tasteful), but it's just too hard for me to sit here and read everybody's choices of "replacements" for me...

Remember, I didn't *WANT* to leave the band or have them continue without me....

And it's still very hard for me to sit back and watch this kind of discussion...

Right or wrong, no guy going through a divorce wants to watch some new guy immediately move into the home he built with his blood, sweat and tears for 25 years and f*ck his wife....

I know many of you (or at least on other sites) will say, "well then, you shouldn't have left"...but I NEVER wanted this outcome.....and to think of DT withOUT me breaks my heart....

I'm not trying to tell you guys what you can and cannot talk about....I'm just asking for some sensitivity for a little while....this is even harder for me than you guys!

Thanks for all your support and understanding everyone,

People in DT forums are just having the same reactions more or less that we had with TT...People is saying that he should stop these stupid reactions and deal with his decision and disconnect from Internet.

And have a look at this topic: http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/m2577173.aspx

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:30 pm

:lol: Wikipedia's DT page is or atleast was a bit hectic.

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:29 am

adrian9 wrote:
@susie agregame en msn valeeeee :lol:
Bueno, enviad la invitaci'onn 8)

Edit +

Yawwwwnnn all this MP thing is becoming pretty boring to me... :huh:

:puke:

Time to move on...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:59 am

I think eventually DT will settle on a hiatus.

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:19 am

Rebel wrote:I think eventually DT will settle on a hiatus.
Too bad we wont get another Train of Thought.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:28 am

Just go to a psychiatric institution
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:48 pm

"It made me chuckle a bit, but I can't have you going around pretending to be Kevin Moore's father".

This was the message a moderator sent me a few days ago at another forum, single-handedly putting an end to my latest reign of terror. :lol:

I'm running out places to troll. :cry:
The stratoforum has gotten SO boring. Its become a madhouse and nothing I say or do can even raise an eyebrow...I have cried "volf" too many times. :eyes I need to find a new hunting ground.... :twisted:

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:58 pm

:) I will really miss your volfvoffs! And all the flattering, butt disparaging ephitets you have given me.:cry:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Who is Kevin Moore? :(
---...---

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:48 pm

AGAG wrote:Who is Kevin Moore? :(
Ex keyboard player in DT

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Son, i am dissapoint. :x

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:17 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:"It made me chuckle a bit, but I can't have you going around pretending to be Kevin Moore's father".

This was the message a moderator sent me a few days ago at another forum, single-handedly putting an end to my latest reign of terror. :lol:

The stratoforum has gotten SO boring. Its become a madhouse and nothing I say or do can even raise an eyebrow...I have cried "volf" too many times. :eyes I need to find a new hunting ground.... :twisted:
http://www.tednugent.com/account/signup ... rl=/forums

Have fun.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Ex keyboard player in DT
I thought it was this Sherinian guy :shock:

You unlearn something new everyday..
---...---

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:"It made me chuckle a bit, but I can't have you going around pretending to be Kevin Moore's father".

I get a good laugh out of most of what you do.

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 am

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkj19VarQx0?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkj19VarQx0?fs ... 2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Awwwwww =( I can't find the original psycho excercises!

The ones that mock Kevin Moore and John Myung saying"He's a fucked up bitch!" :cry:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 am

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:56 am

:user: Ahh, that one's a classic :lol: I love John Myung's voice :rotflmao1:

Here is another good one...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4dP-pm7Frws?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4dP-pm7Frws?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: JLB is a really cool guy:
Hey Everyone,

I don't mind you bringing up what's on your mind whether it's controversial or not. Be real and speak your mind. If I don't like it and find it insulting I'll strip your entire body of it's skin and feed you to the sharks.

Arrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh,

CJS.
http://www.jameslabrie.com/forum/index.php?topic=761.0

I suppose it is in response to the stupid Mike's post :lol:

I think he could make a good team with Jens, moderating forums :)
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Susie

Post by Susie » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 pm

I love Vampire LaBrie!!! :lol: He's so fabulous...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9p-6-RgLmk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e9p-6-RgLmk?fs ... 2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:33 am

Earlier today, I registered a fake account "portnoy" on the Dream Theater forums, and made the following post:
portnoy wrote:Hi guys...I usually just chill over at the MP forums....but there are a few things I need to clear up....
Leaving Dream Theater was NOT my decision in any way....I would have NEVER wanted it to end like this....

Dream Theater has been my baby since its inception and its DEFINITELY not easy to let go.....
I didn't want to say this but I've been reading the other guys publically slagging me with their double-entendre clarifications....all while playing "holier-than-thou' and I think I've had enough....

The truth is, I basically got kicked out of DT for musical differences....even though I STILL believe we should have taken a hiatus and that was a factor too...
Other guys weren't happy with our musical direction even though I brought this band to the mainstream. They want to go back to the SFAM days....but I felt we had evolved beyond that, so now you know....

I'm just really hurt by now...how would YOU feel? And it makes things worse because the DT guys are my brothers...
In the end its for the best...besides I'm happy with A7X and we have a mutual respect and chemistry that I really dig....

MP
Now you can take a look at this topic. I mean, sure, I was banned. But not before turning the forum upside down (though the original thread was deleted). Mike Portnoy actually received a personal phone call on this matter!! :lol:

I have taken trolling to a new dimension. I am SO proud right now!! :laff:

...Time to go team killing on "Bad Company 2" :roll:

Edit: More discussion of my trolling efforts. :lol:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 am

:shock:

Well I shouldn't really be surprised.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 am

If that's real, it seems you've succesfully created turmoil and collective anxiety. And THAT is just cool! :bounce2:
---...---

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 am

:lol: :lol: The scary thing is that it COULD have been,MP. It sounds exactly like him. Maybe, maybe it also WAS him... :shock: :shock: Who really knows, butt A10 and what he is capable of we in this Forum are well acquainted with... :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:24 pm

I like how if this is traced back here, Dream Theater fans would think it's some sort of Stratovarius fan conspiracy.

A10... I don't quite know how to say this, but... I'm kind of... well, proud of you. It makes me feel dirty, like giving 1- and 2-Euro cent coins to beggars here or not saying anything when the cashier gives me too much change... but yes.

In a way not dissimilar to Ted Bundy's former classmates probably saying things like like 'I went to school with that guy! I sat behind him in History!', I can say that I am proud of what you have achieved, what you have become.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:21 am

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote::lol: :lol: The scary thing is that it COULD have been,MP. It sounds exactly like him. Maybe, maybe it also WAS him... :shock: :shock: Who really knows, butt A10 and what he is capable of we in this Forum are well acquainted with... :lol:
Well maybe they are one person :roll: :lol:

I like how if this is traced back here, Dream Theater fans would think it's some sort of Stratovarius fan conspiracy.

A10... I don't quite know how to say this, but... I'm kind of... well, proud of you. It makes me feel dirty, like giving 1- and 2-Euro cent coins to beggars here or not saying anything when the cashier gives me too much change... but yes.

In a way not dissimilar to Ted Bundy's former classmates probably saying things like like 'I went to school with that guy! I sat behind him in History!', I can say that I am proud of what you have achieved, what you have become.
Well I am just happy he is trolling someplace else.
But I know how you feel. So this is how Arthur Schopenhauer felt when he said that the only good thing in life is that we all share the misery and suffering of life and no one can escape it. :lol: