Sammet: The next Avantasia "will surely piss people off

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!
Re: Sammet: The next Avantasia "will surely piss people off

Post by Intiaani » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 pm

And at the end, the king reincarnates and ultimately becomes the king again?

Also, guys like Patrik Johansson, Johnny Gioeli, Chris Boltendahl and Sebastian fucking Bach would be perfect for Avantasia. :P
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I don't know about that. Both Owens and Scheepers were/would've been great replacements for Halford. And I think if this really should become a Avantasia song, we have to fit Tobi's Charakter into it somehow.

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:27 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I don't know about that. Both Owens and Scheepers were/would've been great replacements for Halford. And I think if this really should become a Avantasia song, we have to fit Tobi's Charakter into it somehow.
Tobi's the fool of the court. Kiske is of course the narrator. Andre Matos and the others, of course, are King's royal soldiers, writing down their own thoughts about the kingdom, sending love letters, etc. :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:I don't know about that. Both Owens and Scheepers were/would've been great replacements for Halford. And I think if this really should become a Avantasia song, we have to fit Tobi's Charakter into it somehow.
Tobi's the fool of the court. Kiske is of course the narrator. Andre Matos and the others, of course, are King's royal soldiers, writing down their own thoughts about the kingdom, sending love letters, etc. :)
Actually the Halford/Scheepers/Owens thing should only be one song, not a whole album XD

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:
Actually the Halford/Scheepers/Owens thing should only be one song, not a whole album XD
Oh. :(

So far, Tobi, Meine, Owens, Catley and Lande confirmed, say? Sounds extremely good, as always. ^^

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:54 pm

I think it is save to say that Kiske will also sing a song or 2.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:13 pm

he should get jovi a part for the 1 percent of people that think of jovi when they think of sammet

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:03 pm

A king is rulling his kingdom. Than an evil impostor comes along and pretends to be the king. Guess who plays the role of the king and who gets to play the impostor? XD

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 pm

MICHAEL KISKE RETURNS TO AVANTASIA

After Bob Catley (Magnum), Eric Singer (KISS), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody Of Fire), Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Jorn Lande (Masterplan) and Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-Judas Priest) another voice can be announced for the next Avantasia album: Ex-Helloween voice Michael Kiske who has appeared on every Avantasia album so far, even already on the two early classics "The Metal Opera" has been back in the studio to sing his parts for the next journey to Avantasia.

Tobias: "Michael's voice and singing have had a huge influence on me when I was young. Helloween's "Eagle Fly Free" lit the spark for me back then, it made me want to become a singer at age 12. Michael appears on several songs, two are fast and anthemic tunes, my personal "Eagle-Fly-Frees" if you want. Crystal clear and high singing. If up-tempo music sounds like that, I don't get tired of it. And still it is not a copy of early Helloween or early Avantasia. It's great to have Michael sing those kinds of tunes. He's a good guy! Great job, great voice!

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:15 pm

Well, if he's comparing somehow two of the songs in the album to Eagle Fly Free, then there's hope...

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Eagle Fly Free = Power Metal = No Crappy Edguy Heavy Rock = Happy Ragehead

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:42 pm

RUSSELL ALLEN! ;O~~~

Gee willickers, is this gonna be swell!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:00 am

To hear Russell Allen is always nice. But I doubt that the album will be released in 2009.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:29 am

RUSSELL ALLEN?!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's FUCKING RUSSEL ALLEN!!! I just hope that he will sing more than one song!

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Now I wanna hear Labrie and Kotipelto too!!!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:31 am

RazielSR wrote:RUSSELL ALLEN??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's FUCKING RUSSEL ALLEN!!! I just hope that he will sing more than one song!

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Now I wanna hear Labrie and Kotipelto too!!!!
I expected you to be hoppy about this :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:18 am

Lurdi wrote: I expected you to be hoppy about this :)
I'm hoppy all the time!

:jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:43 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Lurdi wrote: I expected you to be hoppy about this :)
I'm hoppy all the time!

:jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 pm

I still didn't get whether that was a comment on me misspelling his first name or was the one L on the latter name your own mistake. I don't know how it's spelled and I can't bother to take a look. x) Oh, but I don't care. I'm hoppy too! :D

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Avantasia's next albums' titles have already been revealed:
- The Wicked Symphony
- Angel of Babylon

Both of them are expected to be released in 2010. I am really looking forward to listening to these albums.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:40 pm

awsome titles

ggonza43

Re: Sammet: The next Avantasia "will surely piss people

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:55 pm

Sammet: Well, it always does. It's a tradition for everything I've done. "The Metal Opera" did, because it wasn't fashionable; "The Scarecrow" did because it wasn't fashionable and it wasn't "The Metal Opera". And this one will do as well, 'cause it isn't fashionable, it isn't "The Metal Opera" and it isn't "The Scarecrow". It's just enchanting music.
Yeah right :?
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm not sure about what to think about the titles...The titles are cool and ok, but it seems to me (judging by the titles) that these new albums will be kindda the metal operas... And I prefer the Scarecrow album a lot. Anyway, time will tell.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:14 pm

RazielSR wrote:I'm not sure about what to think about the titles...The titles are cool and ok, but it seems to me (judging by the titles) that these new albums will be kindda the metal operas... And I prefer the Scarecrow album a lot. Anyway, time will tell.
I thought they were in Mandrake and Hellfire Club style. :) I'm still waiting for some genre fusion thingy, possibly something epic AOR like with many ballads by Kiske, Meine and Tobi etc.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Intiaani wrote:
RazielSR wrote:I'm not sure about what to think about the titles...The titles are cool and ok, but it seems to me (judging by the titles) that these new albums will be kindda the metal operas... And I prefer the Scarecrow album a lot. Anyway, time will tell.
I thought they were in Mandrake and Hellfire Club style. :) I'm still waiting for some genre fusion thingy, possibly something epic AOR like with many ballads by Kiske, Meine and Tobi etc.
FUCK NO! Tobias already drove Edguy against the wall music-wise if you're a Power Metal enthusiast and I don't want to see the same shit happening with Avantasia too!

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:50 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:
FUCK NO! Tobias already drove Edguy against the wall music-wise if you're a Power Metal enthusiast and I don't want to see the same shit happening with Avantasia too!
Well, I am, yet I'm not complaining (that much) even though I like older Edguy more as well. Actually Hellfire Club and Vain Glory Opera are my favorite albums.

But... but... but it sure seems like it's going to be softer! :(

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:
Well, I am, yet I'm not complaining (that much) even though I like older Edguy more as well. Actually Hellfire Club and Vain Glory Opera are my favorite albums.

I hope it is like Scarecrow. Apart from maybe 1 or 2 Songs this album was gut. The worst thing that could happen would be if they take the same path music-wise as they did with Edguy and Tinnitus Sanctus.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:

I hope it is like Scarecrow. Apart from maybe 1 or 2 Songs this album was gut. The worst thing that could happen would be if they take the same path music-wise as they did with Edguy and Tinnitus Sanctus.
I hope they don't.I just cannot put up with their last album...

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm

I only hope it's nothing like anything Tobias created after Rocket Ride.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:52 am

i think some people need to just ignore anything he makes as if it does not exist rather than complain about it. he will be making music for years to come, if people are going to bitch about his musical taste and expression, why can't they just enjoy what they enjoy and forget about him?

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:41 pm

icecab21 wrote:i think some people need to just ignore anything he makes as if it does not exist rather than complain about it. he will be making music for years to come, if people are going to bitch about his musical taste and expression, why can't they just enjoy what they enjoy and forget about him?
My opinion, too, if they otherwise bitch even after 30 years that Edguy hasn't offered anything special since Hellfire Club. :D