Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
StratoFabio
Re: Gamma Ray - To The Metal..... (released).

Post by StratoFabio » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm

such a horrible album!
StratoFabio

Florian

Post by Florian » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Are you deaf or...?

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:30 am

Saw them on Sunday and they were freakin' awesome!! I loved every minute of the show. The songs from the new album sound great live, even better than on the CD. Kai is such a cool frontman :)

I won't post it on the thread, in case someone is seeing them soon and doesn't want to know the setlist, but you can check it out here

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Babylon wrote:I won't post it on the thread, in case someone is seeing them soon and doesn't want to know the setlist, but you can check it out here
2 Helloween covers :shock:?! Excellent setlist :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Florian

Post by Florian » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 pm

I don't really like to call these songs "Helloween covers", Kai wrote these songs, so he doesn't really cover anyone.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:15 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Babylon wrote:I won't post it on the thread, in case someone is seeing them soon and doesn't want to know the setlist, but you can check it out here
2 Helloween covers :shock:?! Excellent setlist :)
Yea, I'm glad my neck is fully healed ... so no problem headbanging :D

And I agree, they aren't really covers...

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:12 pm

I saw them earlier with Freedom Call. Chris Bay said it's FC's final show with Gamma Ray on that tour, so I was pretty glad they had bothered to come to one Finland show, the one I was in! 8)

Kai spoke that his voice was taken away by our arctic winds. He sounded really bad when he talked, but he sang just about as well as he always does! :D Some doctor had forbidden singing from him but he didn't agree. :) Only in the end of the gig he couldn't really sing well anymore. Still, those Ride the Skies and I Want Outs were awesome! ^_^
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Babylon wrote: Yea, I'm glad my neck is fully healed ... so no problem headbanging :D
I can't wait!!!

And it seems my neck will need serious care after this show, this is how things are coming for me:
Sunday May 2nd: Megadeth
Monday May 3rd: Gamma Ray

:evil:
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 am

DawnIsHere wrote: I can't wait!!!

And it seems my neck will need serious care after this show, this is how things are coming for me:

I heard good things about the Megadeth show in Mexico City, it was on the 17th if I'm not mistaken. I am not that big of a Megadeth fan as to make the trip, but Gamma Ray, I couldn't miss it!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Babylon wrote:
DawnIsHere wrote: I can't wait!!!

I heard good things about the Megadeth show in Mexico City, it was on the 17th if I'm not mistaken. I am not that big of a Megadeth fan as to make the trip, but Gamma Ray, I couldn't miss it!
2 days ago I went to the show they (Megadeth) did here. Such an awesome experience I'll never forget: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/ ... 4ef7b.html
|StratoFan Forever|

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Sat May 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Florian wrote:Are you deaf or...?
no but probably you are!
StratoFabio

Florian

Post by Florian » Sat May 01, 2010 6:01 pm

This album is one of the best Gamma Ray albums. It's far better than the last three albums, which were deceiving. Almost all the songs from To The Metal are good. Now that all the melodic bands sound the same, we can hail Gamma Ray for creating things different, like "Empathy" or "Shine Forever". I agree to say "To The Metal" and "No Need To Cry" aren't good songs but there are killer songs on this album.

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat May 01, 2010 8:08 pm

I am the only one I know who's actually liked the song To the Metal. And no Need to Cry is about as good a Gamma Ray ballad as any. That is, VERY good! The whole album is pure awesomeness, although Mother Angel drags it down a bit. Rise, Shine Forever and Chasing Shadows are my favorites in addition to No Need to Cry.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat May 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Yea I liked To The Metal a lot when I first heard it, but I still kind of liked LOTF II more. Now, after listening to these new songs live, I played the album again and I just freakin love it!

A couple of vids from the Mexico City show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLdo6CwW ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZCIBynd ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltI6s540jWQ

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Sat May 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Babylon wrote:Yea I liked To The Metal a lot when I first heard it, but I still kind of liked LOTF II more. Now, after listening to these new songs live, I played the album again and I just freakin love it!

A couple of vids from the Mexico City show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLdo6CwW ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZCIBynd ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltI6s540jWQ
Ride the Sky = unbelievable! Kai wouldn't have had sung at all! Anything like that could never happen in Finland. We basically have enthusiast two first lines in the audience, and then there are some usually young people just standing there, doing nothing. :/ At least Helsinki got Ride the Sky with three guitarists though! :D I don't remember the name of the Finnish one... Kai said in his opinion that guy is the second best in Finland.

Florian

Post by Florian » Sun May 02, 2010 1:52 pm

The third guitarist was Kasperi Heikkinen :wink:

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Intiaani wrote: Ride the Sky = unbelievable! Kai wouldn't have had sung at all!
Yea! And he looked quite happy with the crowd's response. Usually Mexico City crowds are great :D

Stratowarius 2.0

Post by Stratowarius 2.0 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:02 pm

:) I did not like new gammarayalbummusicsong. But we must keep looking forward,forward,forward... :D

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Mon May 03, 2010 8:03 am

:lol: I am at least looking forward to this day. I have my brown shirt again. Some of my boyfriends washed it. :D :D

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Florian wrote:This album is one of the best Gamma Ray albums. It's far better than the last three albums, which were deceiving. Almost all the songs from To The Metal are good. Now that all the melodic bands sound the same, we can hail Gamma Ray for creating things different, like "Empathy" or "Shine Forever". I agree to say "To The Metal" and "No Need To Cry" aren't good songs but there are killer songs on this album.
I don't think it's one of the best they have made, but for sure it's a sudden change from their last records. I still need to get into it a lil' more, as there are some songs I find sort of "strange" or "experimental" in my opinion (for example, "No Need To Cry" is a song that if I listen to it not knowing it's a Gamma Ray song, I could think it's from somebody else; it's not his style)
|StratoFan Forever|

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Gamma Ray in Lima Tonight!!!!

I can't wait! :banana1:

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue May 04, 2010 5:28 am

DawnIsHere wrote:Gamma Ray in Lima Tonight!!!!

I can't wait! :banana1:
We want the full review and pics! :D

Intiaani

Post by Intiaani » Tue May 04, 2010 4:45 pm

Florian wrote:The third guitarist was Kasperi Heikkinen :wink:
I thought he must have been one of the Guardians of Mankind because I don't know those guys that well. Except that I've taken a Helloween Finland shirt offer from their singer... :D

Man I'd like to be in a South American crowd for once! Everyone says that cities like São Paolo and Mexico City have the best live audiences. :)

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed May 05, 2010 3:21 am

Intiaani wrote: I thought he must have been one of the Guardians of Mankind because I don't know those guys that well. Except that I've taken a Helloween Finland shirt offer from their singer... :D

Man I'd like to be in a South American crowd for once! Everyone says that cities like São Paolo and Mexico City have the best live audiences. :)
Well I've never been to a concert somewhere else besides this city, Mexico City and Chicago. Mexico City's been my favorite by far. Also, on Iron Maiden's Flight 666 movie you can see that pretty much everywhere in Latin America is just crazy! :D

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Babylon wrote:
Intiaani wrote: I thought he must have been one of the Guardians of Mankind because I don't know those guys that well. Except that I've taken a Helloween Finland shirt offer from their singer... :D

Well I've never been to a concert somewhere else besides this city, Mexico City and Chicago. Mexico City's been my favorite by far. Also, on Iron Maiden's Flight 666 movie you can see that pretty much everywhere in Latin America is just crazy! :D
Most bands claim that the South American fans are like the craziest fans ever (include myself :D). I've read somewhere and interview with Metallica where they say the Latin American fans are the best audience they've ever seen; so did Maiden :)
|StratoFan Forever|

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Wed May 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Oh my, the show was AWESOME! :D

You can imagine how excited and happy I was as Gamma Ray is my favorite band after Strato! Seriously, even if I was very tired and my neck hurt because of the Megadeth gig the night before, I still jumped, headbanged and sang from the top of my lungs every song! :banana1:

The energy and emotion this guys showed in the gig was great, and Kai sang great, his voice was in really good shape, way better than in 2008 when I saw the band for the first time. The guys were always smiling and making eye contact with the crowd, well at least with me (I was at front row). 8)

The setlist was almost the same as the Mexico one, we didn't have Ride the Sky but had Man on a Mission instead (which I'm totally thankful about as it's one of my favorite GR song!). But I can say that I would like them to play more older songs, from the HFT era, specially Lust for Life, HFT itself, Heaven Can Wait and The Silence (at least I saw the 2 latters in 2008). :)

Here some pics of the awesome night:

And the one I love the most, it feels so good to hug a god :evil:

(Oh, and for those going to Wacken, they could be guests this year, I can't believe it, Iron Maiden, Strato Varius and Gamma Ray in the same festival I'm going for the first time, I could die after that :shock: )

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Excellent pics :). Wish I where there
|StratoFan Forever|

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Thu May 06, 2010 5:22 am

Thanks for sharing the pics :D

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Fri May 21, 2010 2:22 am

I've just bought TTM and i have mixed emotions. There are some good songs (I like Empathy, Time to live, Chasing Shadows - very good Henjo as a composer), but overall it isn't anything genious like I was used to listening GR. Some very simple choruses (this with Kiske) or those I can't stand like Rise.
Every song below 6 min. WTF?? Where is the epic killer (Insurrection, Armaggedon, Revelation, Heading for Tomorrow)??

And Kai- stop smoking! :)

My GR faves are NWO, Powerplant, LotF and SoiS. The midperiods of groups are usually the best.

I hope I will change my mind and listen to 2 bonus tracks (I don't have them). Stupid policy! Some groups are honest and they put in the bonuses only documentations or other mixes not pure music.

Florian

Post by Florian » Fri May 21, 2010 7:22 pm

The band hasn't decided to put the songs as bonus tracks. Anyway, you don't really miss anything, I understand very well why these songs were not on the regular release.