The Glorious People's Republic of North Korea Discusson

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeonVomit
Re: The Glorious People's Republic of North Korea Discusson

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow... pretty insane.

Reminds me of this... totally mindblowing.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms4NIB6xroc?hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ms4NIB6xroc?hl ... ;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:08 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/ ... BR20130307

I'm kind of hoping NK does something stupid that would give US and SK a reason to go and level that place. They probably never will though, the high-command at the very least has to be aware of how seriously they would get fucked ...R-Right?

/armchair generalism

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Happens every few days.

P.S.

From last month:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/38 ... 3-footage/# :w00t:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 am

Dennis Rodman visited over there---should we be worried? :D :D Seriously, he and the new young Prez like each other, very much from the looks of it. :kiss1:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:56 am

Mormegil wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/ ... BR20130307

I'm kind of hoping NK does something stupid that would give US and SK a reason to go and level that place. They probably never will though, the high-command at the very least has to be aware of how seriously they would get fucked ...R-Right?

/armchair generalism
Aaaaand North Korea has scrapped all non-aggression agreements with the South, has closed the border crossings and cut off the hotline to Seoul. It looks like the new Chinese leadership have no patience for their nonsense, and also voted to impose more sanctions - ones aimed at specific individuals, luxury goods and cash assets. Things that actually affect the leadership.

So this means that the war is officially back on, basically. The next few days and weeks could very well be messy. This is more than their usual sabre-rattling, I think they realise they can't get away with much more bullshit and expect other countries to give them food aid and are going to try to use their nuclear capabilities as some sort of bluffing card.

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 am

For all those years I've been working with North Korea it has always been the same. But, I guess, it has been really hard task for the Security Council to impose new sanctions again and ultimately leave the status quo unchanged. The most serious new thing is that they tightened control over North Korean diplomats abroad, that was a bit unexpected.
Still, the current situation brings deja vu. I am sure that in a year or so the North will soften its stance again and try to reopen talks on new financial aid. And then again missile launch, nuclear test...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:04 am

Maybe, but I just have a feeling.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Mormegil wrote:

/armchair generalism
They did let Dennis Rodman in. :err: No questions asked. But, what harm can a weirdo basketball player do, right? ??? This is real life not Demolition Man. :lol:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 am

/armchair generalism
I read an interesting novel, "Dead Heat" by Joel Rosenberg some time ago where NK provided some nuclear warheads to an Islamic terror group that used old, rusted Liberian-registered container ships as a short range Scud missile platform to launch a decapitation strike against the U.S.

New York, Washington, Langley, L.A., and Seattle were all destroyed in a synchronized attack- sort of like a nuclear 9/11. Unfortunately for the perpetrators, they gave little thought to the consequences of the U.S.'s nuclear second strike capabilities, which are capable of inflicting doomsday levels of damage in response.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:55 am

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:04 pm

So... full war declaration from DPRK;
The moves of the U.S. imperialists to violate the sovereignty of the DPRK and encroach upon its supreme interests have entered an extremely grave phase. Under this situation, the dear respected Marshal Kim Jong Un, brilliant commander of Mt. Paektu, convened an urgent operation meeting on the performance of duty of the Strategic Rocket Force of the Korean People's Army for firepower strike and finally examined and ratified a plan for firepower strike.

The important decision made by him is the declaration of a do-or-die battle to provide an epochal occasion for putting an end to the history of the long-standing showdown with the U.S. and opening a new era. It is also a last warning of justice served to the U.S., south Korean group and other anti-reunification hostile forces. The decision reflects the strong will of the army and people of the DPRK to annihilate the enemies.

Now the heroic service personnel and all other people of the DPRK are full of surging anger at the U.S. imperialists' reckless war provocation moves, and the strong will to turn out as one in the death-defying battle with the enemies and achieve a final victory of the great war for national reunification true to the important decision made by Kim Jong Un.

The Supreme Command of the KPA in its previous statement solemnly declared at home and abroad the will of the army and people of the DPRK to take decisive military counteraction to defend the sovereignty of the country and the dignity of its supreme leadership as regards the war moves of the U.S. and south Korean puppets that have reached the most extreme phase.

Not content with letting B-52 make sorties into the sky over south Korea in succession despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK, the U.S. made B-2A stealth strategic bomber and other ultra-modern strategic strike means fly from the U.S. mainland to south Korea to stage a bombing drill targeting the DPRK. This is an unpardonable and heinous provocation and an open challenge.

By taking advantage of the U.S. reckless campaign for a nuclear war against the DPRK, the south Korean puppets vociferated about "preemptive attack" and "strong counteraction" and even "strike at the commanding forces", openly revealing the attempt to destroy monuments symbolic of the dignity of the DPRK's supreme leadership.

This clearly shows that the U.S. brigandish ambition for aggression and the puppets' attempt to invade the DPRK have gone beyond the limit and their threats have entered the reckless phase of an actual war from the phase of threat and blackmail.

The prevailing grim situation more clearly proves that the Supreme Command of the KPA was just when it made the judgment and decision to decisively settle accounts with the U.S. imperialists and south Korean puppets by dint of the arms of Songun, because time when words could work has passed.

Now they are openly claiming that the B-2A stealth strategic bombers' drill of dropping nuclear bombs was "not to irritate the north" but "the defensive one". The U.S. also says the drill is "to defend the interests of its ally". However, it is nothing but a lame pretext to cover up its aggressive nature, evade the denunciation at home and abroad and escape from the DPRK's retaliatory blows.

The era when the U.S. resorted to the policy of strength by brandishing nuclear weapons has gone.

It is the resolute answer of the DPRK and its steadfast stand to counter the nuclear blackmail of the U.S. imperialists with merciless nuclear attack and their war of aggression with just all-out war.

They should clearly know that in the era of Marshal Kim Jong Un, the greatest-ever commander, all things are different from what they used to be in the past.

The hostile forces will clearly realize the iron will, matchless grit and extraordinary mettle of the brilliant commander of Mt. Paektu that the earth cannot exist without Songun Korea.

Time has come to stage a do-or-die final battle.

The government, political parties and organizations of the DPRK solemnly declare as follows reflecting the final decision made by Kim Jong Un at the operation meeting of the KPA Supreme Command and the unanimous will of all service personnel and people of the DPRK who are waiting for a final order from him.

1.From this moment, the north-south relations will be put at the state of war and all the issues arousing between the north and the south will be dealt with according to the wartime regulations.

The state of neither peace nor war has ended on the Korean Peninsula.

Now that the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK have entered into an actual military action, the inter-Korean relations have naturally entered the state of war. Accordingly, the DPRK will immediately punish any slightest provocation hurting its dignity and sovereignty with resolute and merciless physical actions without any prior notice.

2. If the U.S. and the south Korean puppet group perpetrate a military provocation for igniting a war against the DPRK in any area including the five islands in the West Sea of Korea or in the area along the Military Demarcation Line, it will not be limited to a local war, but develop into an all-out war, a nuclear war.

It is self-evident that any military conflict on the Korean Peninsula is bound to lead to an all-out war, a nuclear war now that even U.S. nuclear strategic bombers in its military bases in the Pacific including Hawaii and Guam and in its mainland are flying into the sky above south Korea to participate in the madcap DPRK-targeted nuclear war moves.

The first strike of the revolutionary armed forces of the DPRK will blow up the U.S. bases for aggression in its mainland and in the Pacific operational theatres including Hawaii and Guam and reduce not only its military bases in south Korea but the puppets' ruling institutions including Chongwadae and puppet army's bases to ashes at once, to say nothing of the aggressors and the provokers.

3. The DPRK will never miss the golden chance to win a final victory in a great war for national reunification.

This war will not be a three day-war but it will be a blitz war through which the KPA will occupy all areas of south Korea including Jeju Island at one strike, not giving the U.S. and the puppet warmongers time to come to their senses, and a three-dimensional war to be fought in the air, land and seas and on the front line and in the rear.

This sacred war of justice will be a nation-wide, all-people resistance involving all Koreans in the north and the south and overseas in which the traitors to the nation including heinous confrontation maniacs, warmongers and human scum will be mercilessly swept away.

No force on earth can break the will of the service personnel and people of the DPRK all out in the just great war for national reunification and of all other Koreans and overpower their might.

Holding in high esteem the peerlessly great men of Mt. Paektu, the Korean people will give vent to the pent-up grudge and realize their cherished desire and thus bring a bright day of national reunification and build the best power on this land without fail.
What will happen now? Will the DPRK follow through with threats? Will they try to attack US targets? Will the S Koreans and US pre-emptively strike them (since war has been declared, in fact it was never un-declared, so they're within their rights to)? Will Kim Jong-Un get even fatter? Stay tuned!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Didn't the last missile test it fall into the ocean, or did I miss something? :err: I don't think US has anything to fear from North Korea unless Russia, or China comes to their aid and starts rattling swords, so to speak.

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Whatever it is, they just only bark not bite :?

Anyway I went to Pyongyang last year and the place is very quiet as usual but they seems dislike my cellphone for no reason (SAMSUNG GALAXY-W) even though the phone is made from their Southern neighbor...

dragee

Post by dragee » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:09 am

Betlodocus wrote:the phone is made from their Southern neighbor...
Thats why your phone doesn't work on Pyongyang
Rajatapaus.

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 am

well that's ok they didn't confiscated the phone despite that I sneaked to shot their cheap hotel (that ghost hotel). :lol:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:46 pm

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 am

&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:16 am

robocop656 wrote: Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: jajajajajajjajaa!!! There are two seconds that they are looking at the missile like saying, "well, let's go let's go...we can! " :? :D and the fat one looks to the sky like waiting to see the missile up there. I mean XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 pm

robocop656 wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: I haven't seen that film in years.

Anyway, all lines of communication severed. I think China is going to have a Chris Hansen type talk in the kitchen with N Korea and tell them to calm the fuck down. It's a lot of talk but no major troop or hardware movements so far. The seoulless monsters.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Betlodocus wrote:well that's ok they didn't confiscated the phone despite that I sneaked to shot their cheap hotel (that ghost hotel). :lol:
You've actually been there? Wow... how was it? What was your experience like?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:04 pm

:wink: :lol: :wink:

Requiem for North Korea's Dear Leader ("Another Day in the D.P.R.K." by MPO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKGrQgfCndY

DPRK: The Land Of Whispers (North Korea Travel Documentary) (2013)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULO3i5Xra0

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:05 am

NeonVomit wrote:
Betlodocus wrote:well that's ok they didn't confiscated the phone despite that I sneaked to shot their cheap hotel (that ghost hotel). :lol:
Last year in February. It's very boring and the annoying tour guide always misleading you to their info. They never take out their eyes on you... :x

Very well orchestrated indeed. They even don't know about any metal genre! :x

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:57 am

/armchair generalism
still?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 am

Betlodocus wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
Last year in February. It's very boring and the annoying tour guide always misleading you to their info. They never take out their eyes on you... :x

Fascinating. What made you visit? I mean I have a sort of morbid curiosity about the place but I don't think I could bring myself to actually visit...

Anyway,

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 am

thefreeone wrote:

/armchair generalism
still?
I'm still convinced it's all an act by Lil' Kim for the benefit of the home audience in order to solidify his position. He looks like a fat joke, and I wouldn't be surprised if many people in N Korea think so as well. He needs to show that He Means Business! or something. Anyone with a somewhat functioning brain knows how utterly fucked N Korea would be if they attacked anyone, and I genuinely don't think that a) he's deluded enough to actually start something, or b) nobody else in the chain of command in N Korea's military wouldn't try to stop it from happening if he is.

It's like watching a child throw a tantrum for not being given ice cream for dinner. They'll make a lot of noise but aren't capable of doing shit.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:20 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:15 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
thefreeone wrote:

/armchair generalism
still?
I'm still convinced it's all an act by Lil' Kim for the benefit of the home audience in order to solidify his position. He looks like a fat joke, and I wouldn't be surprised if many people in N Korea think so as well. He needs to show that He Means Business! or something. Anyone with a somewhat functioning brain knows how utterly fucked N Korea would be if they attacked anyone, and I genuinely don't think that a) he's deluded enough to actually start something, or b) nobody else in the chain of command in N Korea's military wouldn't try to stop it from happening if he is.

It's like watching a child throw a tantrum for not being given ice cream for dinner. They'll make a lot noise but aren't capable of doing shit.
Might be that it isn't Kimberly's threats we need to worry about, but the possible pre-emptive strike from US if he takes this farce too far. He might be a clown, but he is still threatening SK and US pretty boldly and I can't imagine them just laughing it off.

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Betlodocus wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:

Fascinating. What made you visit? I mean I have a sort of morbid curiosity about the place but I don't think I could bring myself to actually visit...
My friends and I just went to have a visit. Well all of them want to see that Kim ILL Sung school something like that. :?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:39 pm

One does not simply 'go and have a visit' to North Korea... wasn't there a load of paperwork to do beforehand and stuff?

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 am

NeonVomit wrote:One does not simply 'go and have a visit' to North Korea... wasn't there a load of paperwork to do beforehand and stuff?
Yup, you got it right. :?