Most sad and depresive song you know

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ
Re: Most sad and depresive song you know

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:14 pm

miditek wrote:Mozart: Requiem Mass in D Minor
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zi8vJ_lMxQI?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zi8vJ_lMxQI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nazareth: Love Hurts
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/soDZBW-1P04?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/soDZBW-1P04?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:cry: :cry: :cry: Those two after each other were almost too much and you made me depressed. Dark autumn. My grandfather seriously ill, earlier boyfriend just married one of my friends. To much, to much...But thank you anyway. I had never heard "Love Hurts" before...

Stratowarius 2.0

Post by Stratowarius 2.0 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 pm

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote: :cry: :cry: :cry: Those two after each other were almost too much and you made me depressed. Dark autumn. My grandfather seriously ill, earlier boyfriend just married one of my friends. To much, to much...But thank you anyway. I had never heard "Love Hurts" before...
We must look forward, forward, forward... :)

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:32 pm

:shock: :shock: 1384 posts in ass many years. WHO are you? :roll: :umbrella: :umbrella:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:53 am

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote::shock: :shock: 1384 posts in ass many years. WHO are you? :roll: :umbrella: :umbrella:
2061 posts since MARCH OF THIS YEAR.

WHO ARE YOU???

No you're not Lauri. I've met Lauri, and you're not him!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:58 am

Here's a real tear jerker if there ever was one!
Hank Williams, Sr. "Angel of Death"
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKOYgC1mOWo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKOYgC1mOWo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:29 am

:lol: Njaaa! Tear jerker? Sorry, but I didn't understand his message so the tears I "jerked" was more from laughter. :lol: He looks a bit comic doesn't he? To be really honest... :D

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:38 am

NeonVomit wrote:
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote::shock: :shock: 1384 posts in ass many years. WHO are you? :roll: :umbrella: :umbrella:
2061 posts since MARCH OF THIS YEAR.

WHO ARE YOU???

No you're not Lauri. I've met Lauri, and you're not him!
Neon! Neon!

Why did you diminish my posts to 2061 and what did you do with the missing 600?

And you know me! We met in Tampere when the great earthquake quaked and if your brain hadn't been darkened by that toxic water you drank you should have remembered. I was there with my father and from some unfathomable reason has he also forgot all about it...But you have pictures...

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote::lol: Njaaa! Tear jerker? Sorry, but I didn't understand his message so the tears I "jerked" was more from laughter. :lol: He looks a bit comic doesn't he? To be really honest... :D
Hank died almost sixty years ago, back in 1953, before Elvis was discovered, and way before the Beatles, and everything else that was to follow. So I can certainly understand that by today's standards, he would hardly be classified as trendy- although he was a legendary songwriter and performer, as is his son, Hank Williams, Jr.

Hank, Sr. was only 29 years old when he passed away of a combination overdose of morphine and alcohol. He had suffered from spina bifida- essentially born with a deformed spinal column, which caused him great pain during his brief life.

The song, "Angel of Death" could be considered as a gospel song, in addition to traditional country. My personal interpretation of the lyrics are an omen of the author's own death.

"Angel of Death" (Music and Lyrics by Hank Williams)

In the great book of John you're warned of the day
When you'll be laid beneath the cold clay
The angel of death will come from the sky
And claim your poor soul when the time comes to die.

Chorus:
When the angel of death comes down after you
Can you smile and say that you have been true
Can you truthfully say with your dying breath
That you're ready to meet the angel of death?

When the lights all grow dim and the dark shadows creep
And then your loved ones are gathered to weep
Can you face them and say with your dying breath
That you're ready to meet the angel of death.

Chorus:
When the angel of death comes down after you
Can you smile and say that you have been true
Can you truthfully say with your dying breath
That you're ready to meet the angel of death?...

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 pm

:shock: Who can smile at the Angel of Death?? Maybe a very ill person, that welcomes him as a liberator. But this song was more scary than moving and as I interpreted it,(sorry) you have to be nice and good or...the Angel of Death comes and has to make an example of you...just you...so now you behave...hear me...OR...

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:40 am

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote::shock: Who can smile at the Angel of Death?? Maybe a very ill person, that welcomes him as a liberator. But this song was more scary than moving and as I interpreted it,(sorry) you have to be nice and good or...the Angel of Death comes and has to make an example of you...just you...so now you behave...hear me...OR...
Hank Sr.,like most people in South of his era, was a deeply spiritual person at the core, and of course, his musical influences were primarily country, gospel, and bluegrass music. I'm still pretty sure that most of his fans would agree that the song lyrics in "Angel of Death" was a self-realization that he would not live long, which in the end, he did not. He was certainly a troubled man, and had a lot of guilt on his conscience, and. He also knew from the Bible, that a time is appointed for each man to die, and that he was hoping that he would be ready (n the Spiritual sense- that he would die in a state of grace with the Almighty) when his own time came.

His son, Hank Williams, Jr. went on to become a legend in his own right, and a country music superstar, primarily in the "Outlaw Country" genre. This style combined a majority of self-composed material with often controversial lyrical themes with musical elements that included rock, swing, and the blues. Hank Jr., along with his contemporaries, such as Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Townes Van Zandt, Charlie Daniels, and David Allen Coe, were considered "outsiders" to the Nashville "establishment" record labels that used in-house songwriters and was known for its slick, overly produced tracks that became the norm in country music later on in the 1960's and 1970's.

Here is a video of one of Hank, Jr.'s best known songs, which definitely touches on themes that are, let's say, less than uplifting, but also are proud and defiant at the same time:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4s0nzsU1Wg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4s0nzsU1Wg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm not a huge country music fan, but I must say that over the years, it has had more than its share of sad, depressing songs that would make many a man reach for a bottle of whiskey.

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:03 pm

:) Thank you for telling us about country-music ! I must admit, that I have no knowledge at all in this subject, but I can imagen that there are recemblances to our old folksongs, where the lyrics can be just sad, tragic and sometimes also rather drastic. The melodies are not often especially interesting though, so Mozartrequiems are something else, aren't they... :)