Gotthard singer Steve Lee dies in Motorcycle accident

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Ragehead91
Gotthard singer Steve Lee dies in Motorcycle accident

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 pm

According to the Swiss daily newspaper Blick, vocalist Steve Lee of Swiss hard rock veterans GOTTHARD was killed in a motorcycle accident in Nevada. He was 47 years old.

Lee died yesterday (Tuesday, October 5) after being clipped a semitrailer shortly after 4:00 p.m., Nevada Highway Patrol spokesman Joe Fackrell said, according to KVVU-TV.

Fackrell said a group of motorcyclists — which included Lee's girlfriend, Brigitte Voss-Balzarini, and GOTTHARD bassist Marc Lynn — had stopped on the side of northbound Interstate 15, about 50 miles north of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

Lee died at the scene, Fackrell said.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

Bassist Chris von Rohr of fellow Swiss hard rock veterans KROKUS told Blick, "I am speechless; I don't know even know what to say. I express my deepest condolences to his parents."

An official statement on the matter from the band's management and record company is expected later today.

It was only two months ago that Lee was involved in "a horrible car crash" in Italy while he was "on [his] way home from a little vacation." He said of the August 7 incident, "A car crashed into us on the motorway near Firenze, and it involved six other cars. As cars were slowing down, the person in the car behind us didn't notice that, and crashed into our car. Despite the accident, I want you all to know that I am OK. I guess I must have a 'rock-loving' guardian angel."
Source: Blabbermouth

Rest in Peace Steve... :cry:

NeonVomit

Re: Gotthard singer Steve Lee dies in Motorcycle accident

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 pm

I was very sad to read this :(

RIP Steve.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:23 am

I'm not a fan... but hey! So so sad :cry:

nepi

Post by nepi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:00 pm

having seen Steve Lee a couple of times on awesome stage performance and incredible shows, it was unbelievable to read of this news. it feels very sad loosing a landsman's voice like this...

RIP
you can't kill my dreams
you can't kill my spirit
I was born to be FREE!