Symfonia, New band of Timo Tolkki

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Lyon_Cesar
Symfonia, New band of Timo Tolkki

Post by Lyon_Cesar » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:48 pm

None of these musicians need an introduction.

They are all legends among the melodic metal community.
By sheer coincidence, they all found themselves living on the same continent, in Scandinavia. They decided to join forces and express their talents in the form of a new melodic metal project: SYMFONIA.

Honoring the heritage of their previous bands Stratovarius, Helloween, Angra and Sonata Arctica, SYMFONIA continues their superb melodic metal tradition with an incredible musicianship that is a match made in heaven. This is a force that no serious melodic metal fan will be able to ignore.
SYMFONIA will make its World Premiere 18.2 at the Finnish Metal Expo, an International Metal Meeting, where they will take the stage at 11PM in the evening.

The recordings for the debut album of SYMFONIA will start in November at Studio Mega in Sweden, for a Spring 2011 release.

adrian9

Re: Symfonia, New band of Timo Tolkki

Post by adrian9 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:30 pm

a few days late my friend....
A9

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Wow, their logo doesn't look like Stratovarius' one at all.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Balu

Post by Balu » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks a lot, I've never heard of this band before!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:15 am

Their logo is creative, modernized version of the fleur-de-lys. Looks nice. They have a nice website. If TT cannot make a go of this great line-up he does not need a band! I mean, these are some talented, well-known guys he has chosen---no excuse for failure. I feel good about this choice. It's too soon to speculate but I think Symfonia will do well!

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:18 am

Their logo is creative, modernized version of the fleur-de-lys. Looks nice. They have a nice website. If TT cannot make a go of this great line-up he does not need a band! I mean, these are some talented, well-known guys he has chosen---no excuse for failure. I feel good about this choice. It's too soon to speculate but I think Symfonia will do well!
I would be surprised if this dumb band even lasts 6 months :shock:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 am

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
I guess time will tell. I figure it's TTs last chance to make a go of having a great band. Let's hope he does not screw it up or take his chance for granted.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:34 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
But you are leaving the forum. Oh I almost forgot: Fuck you!!

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
I guess time will tell. I figure it's TTs last chance to make a go of having a great band. Let's hope he does not screw it up or take his chance for granted.
It never ceases to amaze me how people complain about the amount of bad things in the world instead of concentrating on the amount of good things and positiveness in the world. That outweights the bad stuff. Always.
Of course there exists 2 kinds of criticism: neurotic and constructive.
It's relatively easy to see in this forum which is neurotic and which is constructive :) Fucking hell :) :)

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how people complain about the amount of bad things in the world instead of concentrating on the amount of good things and positiveness in the world. That outweights the bad stuff. Always.
It's relatively easy to see in this forum which is neurotic and which is constructive :) Fucking hell :) :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Like I said, TT. With this great line-up of talented guys how can you lose?
On the other hand, nobody knows the future. I mean, if we all knew the future this world could be a utopia because we'd be able to see our supposed mistakes in advance. Anyway. That's a whole new topic. The point is, this band has serious real possibilities to do terrific things. :headbang:

Damien Thorn

Uli Kusch... and Tolkki... in one band!

Post by Damien Thorn » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Wow, that's good news! Uli Kusch is an amazing drummer. It's good to see he's back in the swing of things again too, after leaving both Helloween and Masterplan...

A promising line-up indeed!

Cheers,

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Mr. Tolkki! :lol: You are a big heavy metal star and I am just a troll. Maybe it is not my place to tell you who, or who not, to fuck. However, I also have a small fanbase for reasons that elude me, and I cannot be held responsible for what they say to you. :roll:

Not everyone called "Timo Tolkki" is really you and I believe I deserve to be given the same benefit of the doubt.
Timo Tolkki2 wrote: t never ceases to amaze me how people complain about the amount of bad things in the world instead of concentrating on the amount of good things and positiveness in the world. That outweights the bad stuff. Always.
It's relatively easy to see in this forum which is neurotic and which is constructive Smile Fucking hell
Well, like you said, it is all a matter of perspective. For me, the world is a fairly unpleasant place and I prefer to spread negativity. All our happiness is temporary anyway, right? But the effects of aging and the assurance of death are looming before us. :cry:

And may I remind you, that telling me "fuck you" after every post I write (most of which I don't even remotely intend to be offensive) is not exactly spreading joy and warmth either. You are not always so positive yourself. Being excited over your band for a week can't really change that. Maybe if you are really in such good spirits, you could be a little nicer to your fans....even the pessimists! :twisted:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Shurik wrote:Wow, their logo doesn't look like Stratovarius' one at all.
Guess my avatar is now officially "old" :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:33 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Mr. Tolkki! :lol: You are a big heavy metal star and I am just a troll. Maybe it is not my place to tell you who, or who not, to fuck. However, I also have a small fanbase for reasons that elude me, and I cannot be held responsible for what they say to you. :roll:

Not everyone called "Timo Tolkki" is really you and I believe I deserve to be given the same benefit of the doubt.
Timo Tolkki2 wrote: t never ceases to amaze me how people complain about the amount of bad things in the world instead of concentrating on the amount of good things and positiveness in the world. That outweights the bad stuff. Always.
It's relatively easy to see in this forum which is neurotic and which is constructive Smile Fucking hell
Well, like you said, it is all a matter of perspective. For me, the world is a fairly unpleasant place and I prefer to spread negativity. All our happiness is temporary anyway, right? But the effects of aging and the assurance of death are looming before us. :cry:

And may I remind you, that telling me "fuck you" after every post I write (most of which I don't even remotely intend to be offensive) is not exactly spreading joy and warmth either. You are not always so positive yourself. Being excited over your band for a week can't really change that. Maybe if you are really in such good spirits, you could be a little nicer to your fans....even the pessimists! :twisted:
I don't write fuck you after every retarded post you make.
I am very nice to my fans and most people but to you I have only one thing to
say: FUCK YOU!!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:I don't write fuck you after every retarded post you make.
Woah, I haven't seen nothing more contradictory in such a short time. Can't you see this is just a joke?
|StratoFan Forever|

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:43 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Woah, I haven't seen nothing more contradictory in such a short time. Can't you see this is just a joke?
I wasn't writing to you.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
I wasn't writing to you.
I don't care, I was just saying that getting this angry with a simple comment isn't good for you or anyone. You should take things easily man :)
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:02 pm

It looks like an Ibanez Jem Floral

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:06 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
I wasn't writing to you.
I don't care, I was just saying that getting this angry with a simple comment isn't good for you or anyone. You should take things easily man :)
It's a bit more than meets the eye..

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Timo, I'm just going to say as a pretty neutral observer. A10 and Robocop are two of the funniest posters on this board, they've been known to make jokes at other's expense, often yours, but I don't think there's ever any real malice behind it, they're witty, creative, and what not.

Other trolls on the forum, imitators mostly, are not as funny, they don't get the fine line. AAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 is one of those that doesn't know the difference between creativity and juts being an idiot, same with Arnold Layne. The idea was initially funny, but since has just gotten tiring

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:15 pm

Rebel wrote:Timo, I'm just going to say as a pretty neutral observer. A10 and Robocop are two of the funniest posters on this board, they've been known to make jokes at other's expense, often yours, but I don't think there's ever any real malice behind it, they're witty, creative, and what not.

Other trolls on the forum, imitators mostly, are not as funny, they don't get the fine line. AAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 is one of those that doesn't know the difference between creativity and juts being an idiot, same with Arnold Layne. The idea was initially funny, but since has just gotten tiring
I showed your post to someone who is a big Strato fan and you probably have no idea how retarded what you are writing looks like :) By all means, keep your AAAA's and ÖÖÖÖs and god knows what and have fun. You deserve it! :)

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:15 pm

:x And what are you talking about? Arnold is the best. Capisce!!! :x :x You should take care or... :x :x :x

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
I wasn't writing to you.
I'm just saying, don't drown yourself into a glass of water
|StratoFan Forever|

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:24 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
I wasn't writing to you.
I'm just saying, don't drown yourself into a glass of water
Thanks for caring. In this case it's more a glass of shit.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:Thanks for caring. In this case it's more a glass of shit.
Well, welcome back. Here everything is a glass of shit :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:06 pm

This thread

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm

robocop656 wrote:This thread

Mr. T?! Is that you :shock:?!
|StratoFan Forever|

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:20 pm

robocop656 wrote:Image
It looks like an Ibanez Jem Floral
I like this guitar. It is pretty.

Wait a minute. Is that a photoshop job, or a real one? ??? I like it anyway.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:23 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Wait a minute. Is that a photoshop job, or a real one? ??? I like it anyway.
Looks real to me :?
|StratoFan Forever|