Your First Concert...

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
adrian9
Re: Your First Concert...

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
adrian9 wrote:I saw him [Justin Bieber] on SNL, and the kid delivered a good show, amazing.
Hahaha, come on, man! You've got some nerve saying that on a metal forum. I admire you for that! I'm pretty sure the kid's a good singer, but he's hardly made it on his own. He's like the Lewis Hamilton of pop music...

:lol:

(I'm pretty sure I'm insulting some Hamilton fans with that comment...)

Cheerio,

Damien
haha yeah I dont mind ; we can talk about any kind of music, from metal to pop, from the 60´s to 2010´s I listen to everything, and I mean EVERYTHING..im not just a metal head and im not pretending to be one neither.
...and well yeah like i said is too obvious that this kid cant pull out that show on his own, a lot of people work behind him to make a child look like a pro. and I said it again, that is a shame.
and yeah dude, you insulted lewis hamilton :lol:
I wouldn't call myself a metalhead either. I listen to many stuff, from classical to folk/neofolk to jazz to country etc, but... The "music" that kid does is pure shit.
that is your problem right there; let me explain myself.
a painting is a painting right? then you got , picasso, dali, monet, etc etc.
you like monet, but dont like dali.
that means dali´s art is shit?
the same with this, music is music. you got styles, thousands of bands.
you like and handful of them.
that means the ones you dont like are shit?
whatever the reasons may be,is simply not a fact that because you like one, the other is not valid. is an stupid position. and you do this everytime you got a chance.
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:09 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Damien Thorn wrote:
adrian9 wrote:I saw him [Justin Bieber] on SNL, and the kid delivered a good show, amazing.
Hahaha, come on, man! You've got some nerve saying that on a metal forum. I admire you for that! I'm pretty sure the kid's a good singer, but he's hardly made it on his own. He's like the Lewis Hamilton of pop music...

:lol:

(I'm pretty sure I'm insulting some Hamilton fans with that comment...)

Cheerio,

Damien
haha yeah I dont mind ; we can talk about any kind of music, from metal to pop, from the 60´s to 2010´s I listen to everything, and I mean EVERYTHING..im not just a metal head and im not pretending to be one neither.
...and well yeah like i said is too obvious that this kid cant pull out that show on his own, a lot of people work behind him to make a child look like a pro. and I said it again, that is a shame.
and yeah dude, you insulted lewis hamilton :lol:
I wouldn't call myself a metalhead either. I listen to many stuff, from classical to folk/neofolk to jazz to country etc, but... The "music" that kid does is pure shit.
that is your problem right there; let me explain myself.
a painting is a painting right? then you got , picasso, dali, monet, etc etc.
you like monet, but dont like dali.
that means dali´s art is shit?
the same with this, music is music. you got styles, thousands of bands.
you like and handful of them.
that means the ones you dont like are shit?
whatever the reasons may be,is simply not a fact that because you like one, the other is not valid. is an stupid position. and you do this everytime you got a chance.
You got it totally wrong there.
The good metaphor would be... if the painting was somehow weird and brown, and then people realised that the "painter" just crapped on the paper.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 pm

the metaphor is.
a painting is a painting, doesnt matter whos painting it.it still art.
and music is music, doesnt matter who makes it.it still art.
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:22 pm

adrian9 wrote:the metaphor is.
It isn't. Bieber's stuff is a product, made for only one reason: to make money. It's THAT simple.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Balu wrote:
It isn't. Bieber's stuff is a product, made for only one reason: to make money. It's THAT simple.
you are a lost cause. EVERY music act, supported by a RECORD LABEL, is ultimately brought out there to make MONEY.
your favorite band does it, and guess what, the record label, many , many times has the last word, an guess what, maybe your favorite record was put together to fulfill a contract. you just put tags on something believing that your are free for the same thing you complaing about. :lol: :lol: :lol: your are just repeating the same old thing every frustrated groupie would say, just because his favorite band is not ruling the world.
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:36 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Balu wrote:
you are a lost cause. EVERY music act, supported by a RECORD LABEL, is ultimately brought out there to make MONEY.
your favorite band does it, and guess what, the record label, many , many times has the last word, an guess what, maybe your favorite record was put together to fulfill a contract. you just put tags on something believing that your are free for the same thing you complaing about. :lol: :lol: :lol: your are just repeating the same old thing every frustrated groupie would say, just because his favorite band is not ruling the world.
Most metal bands write the music themselves, to express their thoughts and feeling. Compared to this, (copied from Wiki):
Baby" was written by Bieber with Christopher "Tricky" Stewart and Terius "The-Dream" Nash, both of whom worked with Bieber on "One Time", R&B singer and The-Dream's then wife Christina Milian and labelmate, Ludacris."
was written with many people, successful people, so the label could make sure the song will be also successful.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:48 pm

you might get a point there, but even in that scenario, how could a record label be so sure?
so they just put money on this people and lay back, to see what happens?
and you think that when a band is signed, the record label look at the lyrics and say .."oh they write their stuff and they are so honest" hell no. the first thing is always " can we market this, what is the trend right now, can we andd the artist make money?" and is the same with every kind of music.
like I said, you might get a point there, but I think it concers to another topic.
in the end everybody want to sell you something isnt?
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:53 pm

adrian9 wrote:you might get a point there, but even in that scenario, how could a record label be so sure?
so they just put money on this people and lay back, to see what happens?
and you think that when a band is signed, the record label look at the lyrics and say .."oh they write their stuff and they are so honest" hell no. the first thing is always " can we market this, what is the trend right now, can we andd the artist make money?" and is the same with every kind of music.
like I said, you might get a point there, but I think it concers to another topic.
in the end everybody want to sell you something isnt?
I think there are two main situations.

A: The label wants to make money. They know if the stuff is successful, they make a lot more than what they lose if it isn't, so they get some already popular people to write some songs for an unknown guy.
B: The guy(s) just want to make music they like, and are happy if they actually make enough for a next album. (Read something like this in an Arjen Lucassen interview, I can trust him here I'd say, because concept albums with sci-fi stories and alien races probably aren't the most marketable things).

The second one is what I'd call a real musician, the first one in closer to a Snickers than a musician.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:09 pm

yeah but you are getting into too depht waters here my friend.
there are so many individuals cases and examples.
you can say that Alicia Keys is a product? she plays piano, sings, arranges, performs, write, produces; and yet she was discovered by Peter Edge. a music mogul. she makes tons of money also. and she played classical music and the age of 11.
on the other hand we got motley crue, this guys were a self promote machine, before getting a label, they wrote their music, but the only thing they wanted was girl, booze, drugs and a lot of money, and they did get it some!
for me this background is a diffuse line
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 pm

adrian9 wrote:yeah but you are getting into too depht waters here my friend.
you can say that Alicia Keys is a product? she plays piano, sings, arranges, performs, write, produces; and yet she was discovered by Peter Edge. a music mogul. she makes tons of money also. and she played classical music and the age of 11.
on the other hand we got motley crue, this guys were a self promote machine, before getting a label, they wrote their music, but the only thing they wanted was girl, booze, drugs and a lot of money, and they did get it some!
Somewhat of a product, yes, at least in the beginning. Not really sure about her later stuff, it is definitely something I'd never listen to, but without knowing a lot about them, it is really hard to judge her.

they had their goals, but they didn't reach them by transforming themselves into some market-friendly stuff, they staayed pretty much who they were before, so a no here is my answer.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:26 am

Balu wrote:
adrian9 wrote:yeah but you are getting into too depht waters here my friend.
Somewhat of a product, yes, at least in the beginning. Not really sure about her later stuff, it is definitely something I'd never listen to, but without knowing a lot about them, it is really hard to judge her.

they had their goals, but they didn't reach them by transforming themselves into some market-friendly stuff, they staayed pretty much who they were before, so a no here is my answer.
I just think you play safe with the kind of music you like and stay there.
and then you got some misconceptions about pop music, like mirroring the same misconceptions a pop fan can have about metal...like demon worshipers, drug addicts and stuff.
iso , to me, like I said before you complain about something believing you are free from it.
and the same goes for everything we discuss here.
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:34 am

This is getting ridiculous guys! And although I agree with Balu in this situation (no matter what we say about musicians and music as an art expresion, Justin Bieber is just a falling star like most of this teen "stars"), it's still no point in arguing about this, and even more when you 2 are involved :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:51 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So, you guys are basically fighting over Justin Bieber?????

WTF IS THIS???

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:04 pm

First of all, Susie, please take down that hideous picture. It's ruining my appetite. If you want to show boobs, take your Nikon and...

Well, you can guess the rest.

About the music, art and the corporate world discussion. Here's my fifty cents (not the corporate rapper). I think you'll like this. For true music aficionados only...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ

Where do you think Justin Bieber would fit on that spectrum of "marketability?" What would he do with Satan's big, scaly pecker?

Cheerio,

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:33 am

Susie, fuck you and your sick picture! I'm throwing up like a puke machine now :puke: :x!
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:19 am

Damien Thorn wrote:First of all, Susie, please take down that hideous picture. It's ruining my appetite. If you want to show boobs, take your Nikon and...

Well, you can guess the rest.

About the music, art and the corporate world discussion. Here's my fifty cents (not the corporate rapper). I think you'll like this. For true music aficionados only...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ

Where do you think Justin Bieber would fit on that spectrum of "marketability?" What would he do with Satan's big, scaly pecker?

Cheerio,

Damien
:lol: it is like balu doing stand up comedy ! amazing. the guy is right in so many things.
where do I think bieber falls.....I guess in "puppet show" and "my mom is no a good mom for let me doing this stupid thing".
:lol: still , the kid is a good perfomer. regardless of the shit he does. or make him do.. anyway....
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:41 am

It's the classic fight between Justien Bieber's supporters (You) and ones who don't (Rest of the world) :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:45 pm

ggonza43 wrote:It's the classic fight between Justien Bieber's supporters (You) and ones who don't (Rest of the world) :lol:
just because i said, he did a good show on SNL and he is a good performer doesnt mean I support him or every copy that spawned after him ( ...a lot if you want to know) I took him as an example and because everybody recognizes him.
(something that surprised me is that everyone on this forum knew who the kid is and the music he plays... :?..just saying....) :lol:
A9

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:40 pm

adrian9 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:It's the classic fight between Justien Bieber's supporters (You) and ones who don't (Rest of the world) :lol:
just because i said, he did a good show on SNL and he is a good performer doesnt mean I support him or every copy that spawned after him ( ...a lot if you want to know) I took him as an example and because everybody recognizes him.
(something that surprised me is that everyone on this forum knew who the kid is and the music he plays... :?..just saying....) :lol:
I grant you absolution, my son. Go forth and sin no more...

Papal regards,

Damianus Pontifex
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 pm

Damien Thorn wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
I grant you absolution, my son. Go forth and sin no more...

Papal regards,

Damianus Pontifex
in nomine patris et fillii et spiritus sancti, amen. 8)
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:25 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Everyone knows who he is, and everyone who isn't a 12 year old girl or a total moron knows his "music" is pure shit.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:16 am

Balu wrote:Everyone knows who he is, and everyone who isn't a 12 year old girl or a total moron knows his "music" is pure shit.
I vote Balu to be the new pope :D! Amen Balu!
|StratoFan Forever|

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:18 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Balu wrote:Everyone knows who he is, and everyone who isn't a 12 year old girl or a total moron knows his "music" is pure shit.
I vote Balu to be the new pope :D! Amen Balu!
Balu? What kind of name for a pope is that? That simply won't do.

Come on, you can think of something better than that!

Pope Balutius the Verbose... Mmmm... has a certain ring to it...

Cheerio,

Damien

(Amen)
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:21 am

Balustic Greatinist ????
|StratoFan Forever|

BBBBBBBBBB

Post by BBBBBBBBBB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 am

my first concert was iron maiden in 2008(somewhere back in time) my second concert was sonata arctica in 2008
my third concert was kreator in 2009, my fourth concert was stratovarius in 2009, my fifth concert was kreator again for the second time, then i saw maiden again then i saw slayer and megadeth!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x

Susie

Post by Susie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:06 pm

That lil kid Bieber... should be ignored to death... :fuckoff:

BBBBBBBBBB

Post by BBBBBBBBBB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Susie wrote:That lil kid Bieber... should be ignored to death... :fuckoff:
Thats not me i swear :x :x

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Susie wrote:That lil kid Bieber... should be ignored to death... :fuckoff:
And I'm starting to think he might be gay ????
|StratoFan Forever|

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:24 am

I wonder when he is going to hit puberty...I remember already having a low voice on the sixth grade. :lol:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:59 am

Kosmo wrote:I wonder when he is going to hit puberty...I remember already having a low voice on the sixth grade. :lol:
That's cool! It doesn't work if your catholic teachers take a good amount of your testosterone from 5th grade children for them to praise god in the choir like in my whereabouts. Imagine the syringes in the testicles :(
---...---