Jani Liimatainen is Dead ?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HinatAArcticA
Jani Liimatainen is Dead ?

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:38 am

No, he's not literally... but, let me write a little...

Cain's Offering...
Is THAT thing dead? :?

I'm sorry but Jani really seems so SO unprofessional. Wasn't that the first reason why he left Sonata Arctica?

The site http://www.cainsoffering.com/ should have... oh wait, it 404'd :)
Their MySpace is totally abandoned, Jani's last post on his blog is from January 1 2009... that's almost 2 years ago...
The project is not even in Mikko Härkin's Bio in Symfonia's web.

So what? Jani starts this project, the album is out, and then we fans are left to keep wating for... just ANYTHING to happen? :lol:

Is Koti still in contact with him? What happened after the acoustic shows in finnish bars?

Whatever, I didn't even liked the album (Except for My Queen of Winter and Morpheus in a Masquerade) but I'm concerned because I am Jani fan... or at least I used to be.

I don't know how can he expected to be taken seriously with stuff like this. Remember that Sydänpuu thing he also had? That pop thing that was also kindda cool?
The YouTube channel says: "Last visit: 1 Year Ago"

I just don't know what he's up to, but he's supposed to be a pro guitar player, he spent 8 years in Sonata Arctica, a big metal band, and now he's just... where?

Then some people say it's Elias's fault that he left Sonata...

Come to think about it, is he even ok or anything? :(

:lol: Yeah, so many questions, but I just HATE his lack of seriousness with his projects or anything at all.

Does anybody know anything about Jani?

robocop656

Re: Jani Liimatainen is Dead ?

Post by robocop656 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:47 am

HE IS PROBABLY WORKING A JOB. THAT TAKES TIME.
Whatever, I don't even liked the album.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 am

You made me freak out like hell HinatAArcticA! You don't joke with things like this :cry:
|StratoFan Forever|

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:05 am

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK! :x :x :x

THAT REALLY SCARED THAT SHIT OUT OF ME. DON'T DO THAT! :x :x :x

edit: successful troll 10/10 :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:09 am

I shat myself when I read this thread.

Not out of surprise, really. I just do that sometimes. :err:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:13 am

HinatA, you've now become an official Stratroll :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 am

ggonza43 wrote:HinatA, you've now become an official Stratroll :D!
Yes, welcome. Please see Arnold Layne for your new-member orientation. :lol:

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 am

Huh?

Arnold Layne

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:20 am

I forgot he's on my "Ignore List" :lol: :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:17 am

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:09 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I shat myself when I read this thread.

Not out of surprise, really. I just do that sometimes. :err:
Hey, I do that too. There are some conventions we both would probably attend to and meet just by chance :)
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:15 am

Whew! The title of this topic frightened me alittle! Well, it sure got our attention! :D

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:27 am

I am not surprised. It took hime 3 years to compose a 40 minute album. I guess he is redoing the process.

This is why Tolkki is a better composer. He doesn't use a shitload of time in writing some mediocre songs. He does it instantly.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:37 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:I am not surprised. It took hime 3 years to compose a 40 minute album. I guess he is redoing the process.

This is why Tolkki is a better composer. He doesn't use a shitload of time in writing some mediocre songs. He does it instantly.
Sure. A better composer doesn't take time to let things ripe. It's the same as shit I guess; if you take a shit EXACTLY after your meal, it will be more solid than if you let it inside for, say, 2 months.
---...---

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:38 pm

AGAG wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:I am not surprised. It took hime 3 years to compose a 40 minute album. I guess he is redoing the process.

Sure. A better composer doesn't take time to let things ripe. It's the same as shit I guess; if you take a shit EXACTLY after your meal, it will be more solid than if you let it inside for, say, 2 months.
Well sure Symphony Xs Paradise Lost sure was one solid album then. Well at least the soundscape was very solid with the guitar walls stepping on eveything else.

On the other hand composing something for a long time doesn't mean it's good. It may make it better or it may make it worse but nothing guarantees it being good.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:02 pm

I agree with you guys, he must be back on a day job or something, other than that, Jani will perfom some acoustic gigs with timo on december..more exactly on the 31th like new year stuff...

I talked to him on the phone this morning :lol:
#not
A9

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 am

He could be working and have a job, but I think fans have the right to know what he is doing. He's a public figure after all. A simple:

"I've been busy with a Job I got, but see you arround :) "

That would do. That would be him being responsable about the fans... now I'm really starting to loose interest in him :?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 am

Off-topic comment: I see you changed the titled and put a ? at the end :D
|StratoFan Forever|

Susie

Post by Susie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 am

:cry: You scared me, don't ever do that again!!!!!!! He wasn't studying something too??? :)

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:29 am

I really love that album... i think its a lot better than polaris.. and I really like polaris too

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:33 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:Image
No, he's not literally... but, let me write a little...

Cain's Offering...
Is THAT thing dead? :?

I'm sorry but Jani really seems so SO unprofessional. Wasn't that the first reason why he left Sonata Arctica?

The site http://www.cainsoffering.com/ should have... oh wait, it 404'd :)
Their MySpace is totally abandoned, Jani's last post on his blog is from January 1 2009... that's almost 2 years ago...
The project is not even in Mikko Härkin's Bio in Symfonia's web.

So what? Jani starts this project, the album is out, and then we fans are left to keep wating for... just ANYTHING to happen? :lol:

Is Koti still in contact with him? What happened after the acoustic shows in finnish bars?

Whatever, I didn't even liked the album (Except for My Queen of Winter and Morpheus in a Masquerade) but I'm concerned because I am Jani fan... or at least I used to be.

I don't know how can he expected to be taken seriously with stuff like this. Remember that Sydänpuu thing he also had? That pop thing that was also kindda cool?
The YouTube channel says: "Last visit: 1 Year Ago"

I just don't know what he's up to, but he's supposed to be a pro guitar player, he spent 8 years in Sonata Arctica, a big metal band, and now he's just... where?

Then some people say it's Elias's fault that he left Sonata...

Come to think about it, is he even ok or anything? :(

:lol: Yeah, so many questions, but I just HATE his lack of seriousness with his projects or anything at all.

Does anybody know anything about Jani?
he is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acoustic Duo gig with Jani Liimatainen @ Sokos Presidentti, Helsinki

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:30 pm

I think Cain's Offering is one of the top 10 best power metal albums I've ever heard. The lyrics, arrangements, melodies, solos, and over all composition and flow of the album were top tier imo. It's a shame that there isn't anymore PR or news regarding Cain's Offering :cry:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:41 pm

My opinion is this, I believe it's simply on hold until all the members can get together again, Timo K is busy with Stratovarius, Mikko is busy with Symfonia and all the other members have bands they are with as well, I just simply think it's a matter of when can they get together.

They most likely have similar scheduling conflicts as Hansi Kursh and Jon Schaffer do when they do a Demons and Wizards album.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 pm

the album is one of the best reviewed albums that i have seen with a vast majority of the reviews at 8/10 or better with lots of 9/10 and 10/10. they had them all compiled on the website but they took it down.

saying it took 3 years to write 40 minutes is complete bs. he was not writing that whole time or working on putting the cd together every second of it. who knows how many hours he actually took putting everything together? who knows what he actually wrote and what came together when everyone got together to record an arrangement? Saying it took 3 years to write the album makes as much sense as saying it took you 1 and a half years to write that post. Only a few seconds was actually involved in the post I assume

as for jani's professionalism, that's pretty much the only thing holding him back but it's his job to figure out what he wants and if he wants to take the steps to get there. fans might as well just pay attention to those that act professional and if jani gets there then he can get the attention again.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

icecab21 wrote:the album is one of the best reviewed albums that i have seen with a vast majority of the reviews at 8/10 or better with lots of 9/10 and 10/10. they had them all compiled on the website but they took it down.

saying it took 3 years to write 40 minutes is complete bs. he was not writing that whole time or working on putting the cd together every second of it. who knows how many hours he actually took putting everything together? who knows what he actually wrote and what came together when everyone got together to record an arrangement? Saying it took 3 years to write the album makes as much sense as saying it took you 1 and a half years to write that post. Only a few seconds was actually involved in the post I assume

as for jani's professionalism, that's pretty much the only thing holding him back but it's his job to figure out what he wants and if he wants to take the steps to get there. fans might as well just pay attention to those that act professional and if jani gets there then he can get the attention again.
I totally agree. And regarding "Jani's Professionalism", come on! Some people prefer privacy; its not his responsibility to prevent HinataArctica's weekly Sonata-related anxiety attacks. :roll:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:18 am

adrian9 wrote:Jani will perfom some acoustic gigs with timo on december..more exactly on the 31th like new year stuff...
thefreeone wrote:31.12.2010
Acoustic Duo gig with Jani Liimatainen @ Sokos Presidentti, Helsinki
I think I just say that... :?
A9

NARG

Post by NARG » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 am

Just registered because I saw you guys are still active here. Was trying to find out if someone knew more than I did... No luck yet, and probably no luck ever! Doing this on late night's hours, actually. :P

BUT! I've heard some rumours and done some thinking about what's going on... I might as well do you regulars @Strato a favor, and explain what I know so you'll at least know SOMETHING:

The project has indeed faced some financial problems. No idea about the exact facts and such, but studio equipment was pawned and actually sold... Along with an unknown number of Jani's own guitars (I've seen him playing a cool old Ibanez JEM @ Kotipelto-Liimatainen duo gig, but there's been no trace of his original gear for a while).

See, back in the day, Jani sold his 7-string Ibanez Destroyer LA-custom after he left Sonata, there are threads online about fanboys drooling after the guitar... And actually, I think he sold all the guitars that had the Sonata-logo on the fretboard! No talk about financial difficulties yet (as this happened in '07).

So, this time they had pawned amps, guitars and other gear... and didn't buy them back. A guitarist's most valued possession is usually his favorite guitar, right? For example, Jani had this exact guitar for over 9 years, and it was pawned and let go... Seriously, that's NOT something a musician would do. Where Strato easily gets Timo his daily bread, Cain's Offering sure as hell didn't peak at the sales! I think Jani is screwed because of CO's unsuccessful marketing and such. Studio time costs, processing albums costs... And Finland is a harsh place for show business, as sad as it is. :?

So yeah, no money means no website... It might be that Cain's Offering was simply put in slumber (not euthanized, please?) until the band's gathered enough resources to make a comeback... And I really hope they would, and that they'd also improve & cooperate!

That's about all I know. I know there are financial difficulties (as I did some "shopping"), but the stuff about "slumber" is just a conclusion, not something you should actually believe in.

Hope this helps you guys to ease your restless minds. ;) Think positive: Jani is still alive and gigging (no pun intended ;)), and with his talent... Might be he's soon getting back to business!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 am

So it pretty much is essentially what I had figured, thank you
metal feeds the beast

The unknown one

Post by The unknown one » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:52 am

its not his responsibility to prevent HinataArctica's weekly Sonata-related anxiety attacks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 am

Then Matias was also lying when he said it took months to compose Elysium :P