New Mike Portnoy project

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
ggonza43
Re: New Mike Portnoy project

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:06 am

Unida? I've never heard of them, and YouTube isn't helping that much. What the hell is wrong with that page today :x?!
|StratoFan Forever|

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:07 am

Works just fine for me.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:09 am

ggonza43 wrote:Unida? I've never heard of them, and YouTube isn't helping that much. What the hell is wrong with that page today :x?!
It's the vocalist from Kyuss, after they went under in the early 90s he tried to start again with Slo Burn, and that didn't get signed. Unida was his next band, recorded two albums, released one, got cut again, now he's in Hermano. Of the three (Not counting Kyuss), Unida is the best.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:18 am

Well I liked some of Kyuss's songs, but the fact they are active again isn't gonna be a problem for this project, if it's a parallel one?
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:20 am

balu wrote:Anyway, there are really few good electronic musicians, most have the composing abilities of that monkey, or well... Buckethead.
:lol: is just stupid keep this converstation going...in anycase there Buckethead is busy making a selling more records that the bands balu likes.(that is why he is so bitter)
balu wrote:Anything that is REAL, not some computer generated stuff.
Emotions can be in electronic music though (example: Kevin Moore's solo project), but not in dancable. But it might just be that I hate dancing.
so dance to something doesnt count as an emotion?.... and computers make music by themselves...that is some crazy way of thinking my friend.
A9

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:27 am

adrian9 wrote:
balu wrote:Anyway, there are really few good electronic musicians, most have the composing abilities of that monkey, or well... Buckethead.
:lol: is just stupid keep this converstation going...in anycase there Buckethead is busy making a selling more records that the bands balu likes.(that is why he is so bitter)
balu wrote:Anything that is REAL, not some computer generated stuff.
Emotions can be in electronic music though (example: Kevin Moore's solo project), but not in dancable. But it might just be that I hate dancing.
so dance to something doesnt count as an emotion?.... and computers make music by themselves...that is some crazy way of thinking my friend.
Nah, Buckethead just sucks, why would I care how many he sells?

Dancing is a series of motions, and while 'a motion' is pronounced very similarily to 'emotion', they are nowhere near the same thing, my friend.
It is a fact that people with little to no creativity can make stuff on computers.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:32 am

Balu wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Balu wrote:That's the spirit I hate.
Electronic music is just awful, soulless and generally crap (exception - ambient stuff). Coldplay isn't bad but, meh.
And don't start telling me I listen to only metal, 'cause that's not true at all.
Electronic music is some hard genre to understand, as many people like you feels the same way because of the fact "it is not technically real music". What can I say? I enjoy some of the compositions they do: They can be quite unexpected you know?

About Coldplay, I don't care what you guys say, but :puke:
Some might be good, but to express feelings through electronic music is a lot harder, so only great musicians succeed in that, and most electronic 'musicians' are on the same level of a monkey throwing his shit at a xylophone.
Idioticus Maximus.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 am

Carcass wrote:
Balu wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Electronic music is just awful, soulless and generally crap (exception - ambient stuff). Coldplay isn't bad but, meh.
And don't start telling me I listen to only metal, 'cause that's not true at all.
Electronic music is some hard genre to understand, as many people like you feels the same way because of the fact "it is not technically real music". What can I say? I enjoy some of the compositions they do: They can be quite unexpected you know?

Some might be good, but to express feelings through electronic music is a lot harder, so only great musicians succeed in that, and most electronic 'musicians' are on the same level of a monkey throwing his shit at a xylophone.
Idioticus Maximus.
I generally don't agree with people but when I do, ":lol:"
---...---

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:34 am

Carcass wrote:
Balu wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:

Idioticus Maximus.
Love you too man.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 am

We began with Mike Portnoy, and ended up with people swearing at Balu?! I love how this forum develops :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:38 am

ggonza43 wrote:We began with Mike Portnoy, and ended up with people swearing at Balu?! I love how this forum develops :lol:
I guess I have a natural talent for creating chaos. And it's a lot of fun.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:41 am

You know, we call that a troll :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:43 am

ggonza43 wrote:You know, we call that a troll :lol:
Nah, I'd rather call myself someone with a good taste in music (for not liking Buckethead).

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 am

Balu wrote:
Nah, I'd rather call myself someone with a good taste in music (for not liking Buckethead).
If I ever visited hungary, would you welcome me at your humble home for a couple of nights?
---...---

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:46 am

According to urban dictionary:
A troll is one who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument
Let's say you're a kind troll if that makes you feel better :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 am

AGAG wrote:
Balu wrote:
If I ever visited hungary, would you welcome me at your humble home for a couple of nights?
Absolutely! Will a KFC bucket be good for food?

ggonza: Nah, my posts are usually constructive, just not past 10pm. Maybe I'm a nightroll?

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:53 am

OF course! Some grass or an apple every once in a while wouldn't hurt though.
---...---

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:56 am

AGAG wrote:OF course! Some grass or an apple every once in a while wouldn't hurt though.
Yeah, but if you write crappy songs and call yourself Applehead, you won't be famous. :<

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:57 am

Balu wrote:ggonza: Nah, my posts are usually constructive, just not past 10pm. Maybe I'm a nightroll?
Fair enough :D. I know your intention is not to make the forum a total chaos, but sometimes things like that happens 8)
|StratoFan Forever|

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 am

Balu wrote:
AGAG wrote:OF course! Some grass or an apple every once in a while wouldn't hurt though.
Yeah, but if you write crappy songs and call yourself Applehead, you won't be famous. :<
:lol:

Thanks for that. :)
---...---

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:00 am

And what's the deal with that hat :huh:?!
|StratoFan Forever|

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:02 am

ggonza43 wrote:And what's the deal with that hat :huh:?!
What?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:11 am

This 8)
|StratoFan Forever|

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:12 am

Maybe you won't agree with me, especially Balu, but in metal there is a lot of dancy (i don't want to use "dance" related to genre) music. During Sabaton gigs I feel like on a disco. No emotional solos, maybe sometimes lyrics, but mostly is a simple rhythm, easy to sing, easy to dance. Early Nightwish, some Helloween, Hammerfall.

Where is the difference between electronic and ambient? It is a slightly difficult question.

And to adrian9: although I appreciate Buckethead, how many CD someone saled is a controversial thema. So it shouldn't be the main argument in discussion, but of course one of few.

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:20 am

ggonza: : DDD

pneumonia: I don't agree here. : D

Meh, I always sucked at definitions, even in Hungarian. Imagine what would happen if I tried to explain at 00:20 in English. : DD

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:16 am

Well it sure "Eagleheart" fills you in a very dancy mood :w00t:
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:06 am

of course balu doesnt only live in a world when the only good bands are the ones that he likes.., he also lives in a world where people are stiff as an corpse....like him maybe?

to me, dance (in any kind of dance, that is from indian to modern dance) is the most instictive,natural,animal,etc,.... way to create, and as such mthe most direct connection to whatever in the human body got the "grace" of creation....furthermore, is a common thing dancing when you are happy, won the lottery, ceremonial rites, etc etc...

it might not be a "metal" thing, but then again, what the hell???
A9

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:13 am

pneumonia wrote: And to adrian9: although I appreciate Buckethead, how many CD someone saled is a controversial thema. So it shouldn't be the main argument in discussion, but of course one of few.
yeah of course!! I mean, remember when sharpnel records released a ton of instrumental Shred guitarrist...some of them were out of this world, and you might say they were better that buckethead, and shit , I would AGREE!!

but where are those guys now? some of them got jobs, some others didnt make it, and started working at starbucks. so you might be good but if you dont sell records , you are out of the game, doesnt matter how frikkin awesome you are.

and, Balu might hate BH, but he is been around for so many years, and I think balu is going to keep on hate-ing BH for a long long time, and along that way we might see some bands dissapeared. (maybe our favorites ones)

I feel pity now for the people that hates the beatles. :lol:
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 am

adrian9 wrote:of course balu doesnt only live in a world when the only good bands are the ones that he likes.., he also lives in a world where people are stiff as an corpse....like him maybe?
:lol: What?!
|StratoFan Forever|

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 am

adrian9 wrote:
pneumonia wrote: And to adrian9: although I appreciate Buckethead, how many CD someone saled is a controversial thema. So it shouldn't be the main argument in discussion, but of course one of few.
I feel pity now for the people that hates the beatles. :lol:
I've always felt pity for people that have never fucked dogs on a rabbit-reproduction rate... Oh, their poor and boring lives :lol:
---...---