Sonata Arctica Second DVD Recorded

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
HinatAArcticA
Sonata Arctica Second DVD Recorded

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 am

Setlist:

[Everything Fades To Gray]
Flag In The Ground
The Last Amazing Grays
Juliet
Replica
Blank File
As If The World Wasn't Ending
Paid in Full
Victoria's Secret
Instrumental Paté
The Misery
FullMoon
In Black and White

Mary-Lou [acoustic]
Shy [acoustic]
Letter to Dana [acoustic]

Caleb
Tallulah
Don't Say A Word
Vodka (Hava Nagila)
Everything Fades To Gray (Outro)

Some Videos:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bC8hD27rJCc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bC8hD27rJCc?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2AGR4LRsRk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f2AGR4LRsRk?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cdtgf4GR3Nw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cdtgf4GR3Nw?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>

Rebel

Re: Sonata Arctica Second DVD Recorded

Post by Rebel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

were the rumors about Jani making an appearance true? Because if not, I don't care.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Rebel wrote:were the rumors about Jani making an appearance true? Because if not, I don't care.
No
They were bullshit from the beginning.

About the setlist: I am pretty much disappointed. They have lots of fresh songs they could have played but they chose to do the same as always.
I have never been a fan of Blank File and oly Paid in Full and In Black and White from Unia... Bah. (E: oh the setlist was cut in parts so that means + Caleb which is awesome)

I just hope the performance is good. Tony really nailed For the Sake of Revenge but he has had his bad days. This is also a chance for Elias to show his skills.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Rebel wrote:Jani making an appearance

Oh and look people, more videos :)

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7F6gTnpRgY?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7F6gTnpRgY?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TExqS0DNT4M?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TExqS0DNT4M?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgDTw7jXQjg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZgDTw7jXQjg?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

AAAAAA

Post by AAAAAA » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:34 am

I cannot wait for this to come out! :D

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:44 pm

yeah the set list is quite boring, but Im still diggin sonata
A9

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Unia and Days of Grays are boring albums for me. They should play old good songs from their discography. And don't misunderstand, I also like progressive influenced metal, but progressive Sonata is boring for me.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:44 am

TwilightEagle wrote:Unia and Days of Grays are boring albums for me. They should play old good songs from their discography. And don't misunderstand, I also like progressive influenced metal, but progressive Sonata is boring for me.
Actually, the album that has most songs in this setlist, is Ecliptica.... 5 so shut up
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:47 am

LOL! You're crazy SNAKE.

AAAAAA

Post by AAAAAA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 am

TwilightEagle wrote:Unia and Days of Grays are boring albums for me. They should play old good songs from their discography. And don't misunderstand, I also like progressive influenced metal, but progressive Sonata is boring for me.
those two albums are alot more interesting than their old stuff. Their older stuff i think is kinda boring

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:46 am

When Jani left, the band lost their edge, tDoG could have been the best SA album yet if there had been the presence that JL brought, but instead, Elias Viljanen just farted through the album and added absolutely nothing, leaving the entire thing flat and a massive disappointment.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 am

Rebel wrote:Elias Viljanen just farted through the album.
LOL! You mean wanked throughout the album? I'll put on old Sonata for power metal, newer Sonata when I want to hear something different.

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Actually, the album that has most songs in this setlist, is Ecliptica.... 5 so shut up
Yeah but some of Days of Grays songs in the setlist are so boring, that they'll ruin the whole setlist.
When Jani left, the band lost their edge, tDoG could have been the best SA album yet if there had been the presence that JL brought, but instead, Elias Viljanen just farted through the album and added absolutely nothing, leaving the entire thing flat and a massive disappointment.
For me Days of Grays isn't bad because of Elias. If Jani would play on it, the album would be still boring.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:12 pm

TwilightEagle wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
Yeah but some of Days of Grays songs in the setlist are so boring, that they'll ruin the whole setlist.
For me Days of Grays isn't bad because of Elias. If Jani would play on it, the album would be still boring.
No, because Jani had a habit of laughing at whatever guitar parts Tony wrote and playing whatever the fuck he wanted (Which, given the results when Elias played what he was told, obviously meant Jani's way was better)

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Rebel wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
No, because Jani had a habit of laughing at whatever guitar parts Tony wrote and playing whatever the fuck he wanted (Which, given the results when Elias played what he was told, obviously meant Jani's way was better)
It's true, that Jani is a better guitar player, than Elias, but the songs on Days of Grays are still boring, no matter, who plays the guitar parts. It's true, that Days of Grays guitar parts would be better, if Jani would have played them, but I don't think, that Jani would conjure the boring Days of Grays songs into quality Power Metal like Sonata did on their earlier albums.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:03 pm

they should play all the albums through and let people pick different packages from all to custom.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Rebel wrote: No, because Jani had a habit of laughing at whatever guitar parts Tony wrote and playing whatever the fuck he wanted (Which, given the results when Elias played what he was told, obviously meant Jani's way was better)
Actually is the other way arround :?
Tony said in an interview. He said that he respects Elias vey much. He recorded the guitar alone and Tony wouldn't bother him. He said that there are parts that he wanted to sound on a particular way, but that for other parts, he let Elias do whatever he wanted. Jani would only do what Tony told him. Do you even know what you are talking about? Or are you just one of those JL Fanboys who deffend him just BECAUSE.

TwilightEagle wrote:Quality Power Metal like Sonata did on their earlier albums.
What year are you living in? :? 2000?
Tony said it once. Ecliptica and Silence were albums he made at a time where he wanted to be like Stratovarius. The demos that leaked out recently are not even power metal. They didn't start playing power metal. Check those demos. The Sonata you hear now, is not a Strato-clone Sonata. Is a much more honest, true, and mature Sonata Arctica. They don't want to sound like Strato anymore. They got over it. Can you?
Also, check this out...

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAyV-gJgJxs?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAyV-gJgJxs?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Nothing More is sooooo Reckoning Night...
Isn't that what you Ecliptica fanboys wanted?
You did know that song, right?
Tony Kakko

Balu

Post by Balu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:11 pm

Not that good setlist, obviously missing The Cage. Other songs I would've loved if they included are It Won't Fade, Gravenimage and, even though they pretty much never play it live, White Pearl, Black Ocean. :[]

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Balu wrote:Not that good setlist, obviously missing The Cage. Other songs I would've loved if they included are It Won't Fade, Gravenimage and, even though they pretty much never play it live, White Pearl, Black Ocean. :[]
I wanted Deathaura, and my bro wanted Land of the Free :lol:

I guess not everybody can be pleased.
Supposedly, they will add some songs (or most songs) from the Sonata Arctica open air show they gave in 2009.

The press release of the DVD they gave last year said the whole thing, but it would be repeating some songs from Oulu. My guess is that they will add songs that were not played in the Oulu setlist. The setlist from the Sonata Arctica Open Air was...

Main:
Paid in Full
8th Commandment
Caleb
Replica
The Last Amazing Grays
Black Sheep
The Cage
FullMoon
White Pearl, Black Oceans
Tallulah
Flag In The Ground
In Black and White

Encore:
Draw Me
National Finnish Anthem
Don't Say A Word
Vodka (Hava Nagila)

It will be a very complete DVD
It will blow everything away, I know it :)

Also... :)
<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gLSYPiPwH3Q?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gLSYPiPwH3Q?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>
Tony Kakko

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Some good song choices but there's a few that are already on For the Sake of Revenge.. :? And no White Pearl? Aww fuck.

Anyways, i'll buy it and love it like the Sonata-fanboy that i am.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:48 am

I had posted a wrong setlist. It's now fixed, and there is White Pearl, Black Oceans :)
Tony Kakko

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Good! 8)

giovannivarius

Post by giovannivarius » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:18 pm

from unia i dont give a shit about sonata arctica.....

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:47 pm

Yeah, although Unia is their best album. And no it isn't a matter of taste it's a fact.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:20 am

Kosmo wrote:Yeah, although Unia is their best album. And no it isn't a matter of taste it's a fact.
Musically only...
Reckoning Night is my favorite
Tony Kakko

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:16 pm

What year are you living in? Confused 2000?
Tony said it once. Ecliptica and Silence were albums he made at a time where he wanted to be like Stratovarius. The demos that leaked out recently are not even power metal. They didn't start playing power metal. Check those demos. The Sonata you hear now, is not a Strato-clone Sonata. Is a much more honest, true, and mature Sonata Arctica. They don't want to sound like Strato anymore. They got over it. Can you?
Also, check this out...
I'm not living 2000, but I'm living 2011. :) I haven't heard the early demos, but the "Strato clone" albums sounds far more better, than the new Prog like Sonata. No matter if they copy Strato or how they sounded on their early demos.
Isn't that what you Ecliptica fanboys wanted?
No. At least in my case.
You did know that song, right?
No I didn't.

WinterBlack

Post by WinterBlack » Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 am

I have a debt with SA: After I listened Sing in Silence I stopped doing pot!
WinterBlack

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Smoke pee everyday!!!!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 pm

strato clone or not, ecliptica is a classic, and the songs had passed the test of time by far., I also loved silence and winterhearts guild, even reckoning night is awesome, only unia and daysofgays are dull and stupids albums., if that is the price of being honest, then dont be.

and yeah the set list should be picked up by the fans in some internet pole. and the should play ecliptica entirely.
A9

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 pm

WinterBlack wrote:I have a debt with SA: After I listened Sing in Silence I stopped doing pot!
...why?