OSAMA BIN LADEN JUST NOW CONFIRMED DEAD

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
bockrocker
Re: OSAMA BIN LADEN JUST NOW CONFIRMED DEAD

Post by bockrocker » Tue May 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Koskenkorvasieni wrote:Can I just state my opinion? I don't mourn the death of Bin laden, in fact if anything I'm relieved that a dangerous mass murderer won't be able to plot any more attacks against innocent civilians. But at the same time, I really don't feel the need to go out and celebrate his death. I was shocked when I saw people in muslim countries celebrating the death of thousands of civilians after 9/11, but do we really have to lower ourselves to the same barbaric level? If I was an american, I would go to the cemetery and light candles for the civilian victims of 9/11 and the 10 years of war and madness that followed, rather than grab a case of beer in one hand and a flag in the other and go get wasted. That's my two cents. Hope you understand.
Indeed. There was some news article I read yesterday trying to explain why celebrating this in the streets felt wrong and comparing to V-E day with a good quote. "Then we were celebrating the end of violence, now we are celebrating the exercise of violence".

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue May 03, 2011 8:26 pm

I'm glad they got the bastard, and my only regret is that the Navy SEALS didn't hose the entire fucking house with a flamethrower.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 pm

bockrocker wrote:
Koskenkorvasieni wrote:Can I just state my opinion? I don't mourn the death of Bin laden, in fact if anything I'm relieved that a dangerous mass murderer won't be able to plot any more attacks against innocent civilians. But at the same time, I really don't feel the need to go out and celebrate his death. I was shocked when I saw people in muslim countries celebrating the death of thousands of civilians after 9/11, but do we really have to lower ourselves to the same barbaric level? If I was an american, I would go to the cemetery and light candles for the civilian victims of 9/11 and the 10 years of war and madness that followed, rather than grab a case of beer in one hand and a flag in the other and go get wasted. That's my two cents. Hope you understand.
Indeed. There was some news article I read yesterday trying to explain why celebrating this in the streets felt wrong and comparing to V-E day with a good quote. "Then we were celebrating the end of violence, now we are celebrating the exercise of violence".

Do you guys think whatever you watch on the TV is real?

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue May 03, 2011 8:45 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:The authorities have pics of the body, and DNA results to prove that it indeed was Osama, plus his wife was with him when the capture(assassination)took place and agreed to the burial at sea.
Both the idea to bury him in the sea and for a muslim to agree with this idea seems pretty weird to me. But I guess it wouldn't have been much of a difference her agreeing or not :lol:
What you wrote about sceptics - guess I am one of them, my first reaction was "ah they finally found a corpse that looked like him, took them long enough", but please don't take it too seriously, I want to believe the story.
Still, I don't feel too well being reminded that a foreign government feeds peoples' longing for justice by killing someone, I'd rather have seen him in court. Mainly because I hoped someone would be able to feed my curiosity about a few weird things about 9/11.
Yeah, seems pretty much I'm a sceptic :lol: Sorry.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 pm

In the end can't we all agree that a sick demented man is dead?
metal feeds the beast

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 pm

JensJohansson wrote: Remind me to never try to become the world's #1 bogeyman, it doesn't sound like fun.

Jens
====
"i'm more of a boogie woogie man"

I'll make sure you keep that in mind!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

robocop656 wrote:
bockrocker wrote:

Do you guys think whatever you watch on the TV is real?
you know, the first time I saw giselle bundchen in a victoria secrets runway I had my doubts, then I watched seinfelds dvd and their were gone, tv is real as it gets
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue May 03, 2011 10:19 pm

mocobhc wrote: Still, I don't feel too well being reminded that a foreign government feeds peoples' longing for justice by killing someone, I'd rather have seen him in court. Mainly because I hoped someone would be able to feed my curiosity about a few weird things about 9/11.
My instinct initially turns to this - I'm a strong believer in everyone, no matter what they're accused of, having their day in court.

In Saddam Hussein's case, it was certainly the most fitting situation, being the former head of state and all, and I was relieved that he was tried and executed by an Iraqi court as anything else would have just increased resentment in Iraq towards the west.

Bin Laden was, however, not a head of state; he had no official power. The body was offered to Saudi Arabia for burial but (unsurprisingly) they refused and it's probably best that it was buried at sea, to stop his grave becoming some sort of pilgrimage site (even though Wahabbism rejects the whole concept of a shrine, but whatever). The whole idea of putting him on trial is sort of incredulous and would just be a needless media circus, as well as give other extremists a reason to carry out attacks and take hostages demanding his release. They might have bashed out all sorts of intelligence and information out of him, but what would he give up?

So yeah, better that he was gotten rid of quickly and cleanly.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 am

NeonVomit wrote:
mocobhc wrote: Still, I don't feel too well being reminded that a foreign government feeds peoples' longing for justice by killing someone, I'd rather have seen him in court. Mainly because I hoped someone would be able to feed my curiosity about a few weird things about 9/11.
My instinct initially turns to this - I'm a strong believer in everyone, no matter what they're accused of, having their day in court.

In Saddam Hussein's case, it was certainly the most fitting situation, being the former head of state and all, and I was relieved that he was tried and executed by an Iraqi court as anything else would have just increased resentment in Iraq towards the west.

Bin Laden was, however, not a head of state; he had no official power. The body was offered to Saudi Arabia for burial but (unsurprisingly) they refused and it's probably best that it was buried at sea, to stop his grave becoming some sort of pilgrimage site (even though Wahabbism rejects the whole concept of a shrine, but whatever). The whole idea of putting him on trial is sort of incredulous and would just be a needless media circus, as well as give other extremists a reason to carry out attacks and take hostages demanding his release. They might have bashed out all sorts of intelligence and information out of him, but what would he give up?

Wow, if I didn't know better I would think that you and I were brothers because it's scary how accurate that was to my thoughts
metal feeds the beast

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed May 04, 2011 12:28 am

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:54 am

NeonVomit wrote:Image
GREAT!! eat shit trump.
A9

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 am

Donald Trump is a pompous ass. :puke:

Obama is ALOT smarter, and alot more capable than many people have given him credit for---matter of fact, I think he's going to blow people away with accomplishments this last year of his first term.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 am

I think most people can agree that Trump is an ass.

However the election is not even what I'm concerned about, I am just glad that I can sleep at night not having to worry that bin laden is planning another attack.

Let us hope that this is the beginning of the end for those extremists.
metal feeds the beast

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 am

NeonVomit wrote:

Good point you have there, would indeed be terrible to see people worship or swearing revenge at his grave or something like that, brrr.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 am

Koskenkorvasieni

Post by Koskenkorvasieni » Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 am

hiro23 wrote:In the end can't we all agree that a sick demented man is dead?
Yes, that much we can agree on. One mass murderer less to worry about.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Mormegil wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A9

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:50 am

Awesome, I'm happy now, let's sit down and have some tea.

Neonvomit:that's not a knock on english culture, I really do like tea :D
metal feeds the beast

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm not English, so feel free to knock away if you so wish!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm

adrian9 wrote:
GREAT!! eat shit trump.
An extra nice touch was that Trump's tv show was interrupted by the announcement :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 05, 2011 2:44 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
GREAT!! eat shit trump.
An extra nice touch was that Trump's tv show was interrupted by the announcement :D
:lol: HAHA Amen! Image

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:10 am

NeonVomit wrote:I'm not English, so feel free to knock away if you so wish!
Your not huh? where you originally from if I may ask?
metal feeds the beast

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 07, 2011 4:14 am

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat May 07, 2011 10:10 am

I am just glad that I can sleep at night not having to worry that bin laden is planning another attack.
He wasn't the operative leader of the organization anymore. More like a symbolic leader.

Damien Thorn

Bin Laden

Post by Damien Thorn » Sat May 07, 2011 11:54 am

browneyedgirl wrote:I just hope none of his fanatic followers get the crazy notion of avenging Bin Laden's death, and cause another 9/11 somewhere in the world.
Yet, that is exactly what's going to happen. But don't worry, Al Qaida will want to find the weakest spot in the defense, so they won't attack the USA first. They'll go for the embassy of a US ally in some African or Asian country first, just to make a statement.

It's a good thing that terrorism has been dealt a terrific blow (if the unsubstantiated media reports are true), but let's not forget that the USA is facing far greater problems than terrorist attacks at the moment. The US national deficit is rising fast, and your Federal Reserve is doing its absolute best to create civil unrest in the Middle East. It's great for Obama that Osama was killed; at least it looks great on television. But it doesn't solve any of the economic issues that the world is currently facing.

As you know, wars are never started for justice or truth or out of national sentiment, but as a decoy for national policy. The one constant throughout history has always been: high inflation > war. Think about it...

Cheers,

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 pm

They're doing random bag checks in the DC metro. I managed to get away by shaving my beard.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
I am just glad that I can sleep at night not having to worry that bin laden is planning another attack.
He wasn't the operative leader of the organization anymore. More like a symbolic leader.
yeah that is right, al quaida just text me about that, so we all can get the facts straight and post it on every forum we can.
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue May 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Just been out for coffee and had my first 'Osama Bin Latte'.

It has a fluffy white head with two shots in it.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:11 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Just been out for coffee and had my first 'Osama Bin Latte'.

It has a fluffy white head with two shots in it.
niiiiiiiice
A9

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 am

Such a shame how the Americans celebrated his death no matter who he was. It's nice how they are interested in these deals and know the names of those leaders but they don't even know where to place their countries :lol: