Scandinavian forumites, I need your help

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Babylon
Scandinavian forumites, I need your help

Post by Babylon » Sat May 28, 2011 6:52 am

Two of my friends and I will be traveling to Scandinavia in about a month. The main purpose of the trip are the Iron Maiden concerts in Sweden and Norway. Needless to say we are very excited about it :D We'll be visiting Helsinki, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Oslo and Copenhagen. We've been checking out tourist info and what not, but if anyone who lives there or who has been there has any suggestions of cool places to go, something you think we must see or something fun to do, I really appreciate the help :)

browneyedgirl

Re: Scandinavian forumites, I need your help

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 pm

I have not got any info for you, I just want to say congrats on your good luck, and I hope you have a safe and fun trip!!!:headbang:
I'm sure you will reward us with lots of great pics! :)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon May 30, 2011 11:01 am

I can advise to visit Skansen Open air museum in Stockholm, its a very traditional beautiful place, is a great way to relax. And don't forget to use the famous Kotiharjun sauna in Helsinki. :D

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:42 am

You really need to visit Svalbard. They have bears. I was there once and I recommend the northernmost part of it in which you can see all the stars.

Also, I've heard you can swim your way up to Novaya Zemlya that has great summer camps in which they sing and dance on the outdoors. They are original also and have a rectangular sun.

Really cool stuff! :)
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:28 am

I have heard the Northern Lights are beautiful over there but I think they can only be seen in the Winter months. And there is Lapland which has alot of interesting Winter activities. But, that is in the Northern part of Scandinavia, too.
I'm sure there is a ton of information on the internet about the area you all plan to visit, and even on TV there can be lots of documentaries about the Scandinavian regions. I just saw one about a week ago on PBS network about Sweden and Norway. So, if no one posts here there are many ways of gleaning information you need. Plus, i'm sure you probably are on other forums as well to post this question.

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:26 am

Oh yea we do have a bunch of info. Just thought I might get some additional ideas from here. Guess not :wink:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:54 am

I guess people are being closed lipped or something :roll: because there are many people from those 3 countries who post here. I don't know what's wrong.???
None of my business, but personally I thought this topic would have at least 3 or 4 pages filled by now. Seriously!
Come on, people! Help Babylon out, and it's interesting info to hear about!!!!

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:34 am

Take a ferry from Sweden to Finland (or vice versa). Tax-free beer & cigarettes, drunk pensioners, gypsies. It's a surreal experience.

http://www.vikingline.fi/index.asp?lang=en
http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/

The Silja Line experience is more polished, for the real thing go with Viking Line.

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Carcass wrote:Take a ferry from Sweden to Finland (or vice versa). Tax-free beer & cigarettes, drunk pensioners, gypsies. It's a surreal experience.

http://www.vikingline.fi/index.asp?lang=en
http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/

The Silja Line experience is more polished, for the real thing go with Viking Line.
I've done Viking Line, and I can say it's awesome! :)

Oh, now I really want to be back :cry:
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I guess people are being closed lipped or something :roll: because there are many people from those 3 countries who post here. I don't know what's wrong.???
None of my business, but personally I thought this topic would have at least 3 or 4 pages filled by now. Seriously!
Come on, people! Help Babylon out, and it's interesting info to hear about!!!!
It's not that we aren't willing to aid Babylon, it's just that unless you're interested in wondering in kind of plain, but moderately untouched wilderness, there really isn't that much to see or experience in this part of the world. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

That's awesome! Have fun fun fun fun!