Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events (new album)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
RazielSR
Re: Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events (new album)

Post by RazielSR » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:09 am

RazielSR wrote:
Australian Albums Chart 17
Dutch Albums Chart 2
Polish Albums Chart 38
UK Albums Chart 17
UK Rock Chart 1
Billboard 200 US Chart 8
#1 in Finland: http://www.ifpi.fi/tilastot/virallinen- ... it/2011/38
#3 in Italy: http://www.fimi.it/classifiche_artisti.php
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:32 pm

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wlul5IRbUlo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wlul5IRbUlo?ve ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:16 pm

I saw them on the US tour, and they put on an amazing show. They played a lot of songs from the new album, which for once I can say was a good thing! :lol:

James Labrie sounded great. Much better than the last time I saw them (after Systematic Chaos).

Mike Mangini did an amazing job..even played a drum solo which wasn't too shabby.

They also played "Wait for Sleep" (which was fantastic), "Pull Me Under", "Caught in a Web", "The Great Debate" (which nearly put me to sleep), "Endless Sacrifice", "These Walls", "Ytse Jam" (WTF!!), "Fatal Tragedy", and a few others i'm too tired to remember right now.

Great show!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I saw them on the US tour, and they put on an amazing show. They played a lot of songs from the new album, which for once I can say was a good thing! :lol:

James Labrie sounded great. Much better than the last time I saw them (after Systematic Chaos).

Mike Mangini did an amazing job..even played a drum solo which wasn't too shabby.

They also played "Wait for Sleep" (which was fantastic), "Pull Me Under", "Caught in a Web", "The Great Debate" (which nearly put me to sleep), "Endless Sacrifice", "These Walls", "Ytse Jam" (WTF!!), "Fatal Tragedy", and a few others i'm too tired to remember right now.

Great show!
:) :) This tour seems incredible if you see the setlist. I hope to see them on february around here. ThAAAAAAAAAAnks for the info !!!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:15 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I saw them on the US tour

SO, YOU LIVE IN LOS ANGELES?

Arnold D. Layne

Post by Arnold D. Layne » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 am

robocop656 wrote:

(Gasp!)
Hmmmm...

Arnold D. Layne

CCCCCCCC
Location:I had 4 biscuits, then I ate one, now I only have 3

Post by CCCCCCCC » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 am

robocop656 wrote:

bloodofthekings
bestial buttsex

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD: Drama Between PORTNOY And DREAM THEATER Caused Us A Lot Of Heartache - Dec. 19, 2011
On December 16, "Metal Zone" host Nikki Blakk of the San Francisco, California radio station 107.7 The Bone conducted an interview with AVENGED SEVENFOLD guitarist Zacky Vengeance before the band's free show at the HP Pavillion in San Jose, California. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow.

On AVENGED SEVENFOLD's plans for the immediate future:

Zacky: "We're gonna do something that we really haven't done since the beginning and just dedicate a small amount of time, which, in the grand sceme of things, is a tiny amount of time, but to us, it's huge. We wanna go back to Southeast Asia and just do it right for them. There are a couple of places that we really need to play, like Indonesia — there's been huge supporters of us, and we haven't been there on this touring cycle. So we're gonna go back around April and just put it to rest with that. But from now until then, we're gonna kind of do something that's unheard of and not do anything. We're not gonna worry about writing or doing anything. I mean, obviously, we're musicians. When we're at home, we're gonna be tinkering down, trying to come up with ideas, but we're not gonna do anything structured. We're gonna get a warehouse, we're gonna build it up, put up our favorite punk-band posters, we're gonna do it just like we did when we were younger. And probably around summertime, we're gonna work on getting together and jamming . . . And then once the ideas start coming. And once you have one song you're excited about, it's all over from there. But yeah, we're gonna take a little bit of time off — not like an indefinite hiatus or anything — just enough time to rest, recover our frail old bodies and have some fun."

On how AVENGED SEVENFOLD got caught up in the drama between their one-time touring drummer Mike Portnoy and Mike's former band, DREAM THEATER:

Zacky: "It was something that we were not used to at all. We had never, ever experienced any kind of in-the-spotlight drama; we just always stay in the shadows and keep any of our personal business private. And [Mike is] a very different character — he always goes straight to fans [on] Twitter or whatever… That's how he dealt with his band, and it was new to us. We like to be in touch with our fans, but we're also very private. 'Cause, to us, it's not about Zacky or M. Shadows or Synyster Gates, it's about AVENGED SEVENFOLD; it's more important than any one of us. And he'd been talking about quitting DREAM THEATER, that he wasn't necessarily happy, and he was excited to be playing with us; we were playing huge shows and stuff. I think he got caught up in the moment, got excited. We begged him to consider what he did, because we were in no position to find a permanent replacement, because in all honesty, you can't replace [late AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer] Jimmy ['The Rev' Sullivan], who was our best friend — first and foremost — besides beng an amazing drummer. So it just wasn't the right time and the place. And he told us, 'Hey, I've got good news and bad news. I quit DREAM THEATER.' We were like, 'Oh, no. Well, if you're happy, then that's good.' [And he was like], 'Now I can be with you guys.' And we were like, 'That's not necessarily what we decided upon. And you should take your time and reconsider.' And he was like, 'Well, I put out my press release.' We were like, 'Dude, that's not how we do business. You should have talked to us before.' Then it was back and forth [between Mike and his former DREAM THEATER bandmates]. We were out of it; we had nothing to do with it. We were just trying to get back on our feet. So when all that was going down, it was causing us a lot of heartache, to be honest — to see our name in this drama-filled love triangle. He helped us out at a really vulnerable time, and for that we will always be extremely appreciative. But for us, we were so unstable at that point that any unneeded attention was just very harmful to us. Obviously, it didn't work out [between us and Mike], but I think it's for the best — for him and for us."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Lurdi and I will be seeing DT in Madrid next february!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:06 pm

And he was like, and we were like, and he was like, like, like, like.
Goddamnit those avenged bonerfold shitheads are on the same level as 13 year old girls.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:18 pm

robocop656 wrote:And he was like, and we were like, and he was like, like, like, like.
Goddamnit those avenged bonerfold shitheads are on the same level as 13 year old girls.

I really don't like that band at all...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:32 am

they seem more mature than mike here

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 am

icecab21 wrote:they seem more mature than mike here
That is completely true. Anyway, it is not very difficult to act better than MP these past years.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Tonight I'll be seeing Dream Theater here in The Netherlands. Can't wait!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 am

WOW, WOW and WOW!!! Lurdi and I went this Saturday to the Madrid show and it was ASTONISHING. The band was GREAT. They made my day, my month, my year.
THANKS DT FOR THOSE AMAZING MOMENTS. I have no words to describe the fantastic concert DT gave to us. This band is from another planet, and this picture I took, proves it :D :D :D :D

SETLIST:

1. Bridges In The Sky
2. 6:00
3. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
4. Surrounded
5. The Root Of All Evil
6. (drum solo)
7. A Fortune In Lies
8. Outcry
(acoustic set):
9. The Silent Man
10. Beneath The Surface
(end of acoustic)
11. On The Backs Of Angels
12. War Inside My Head
13. The Test That Stumped Them All
14. The Spirit Carries On
15. Breaking All Illusions
Bonus:
16. Pull Me Under

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 am

THANKS AGAIN DT!!! The spirit carries on...and on!!!

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN94zqGX-W4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yN94zqGX-W4?ve ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

:lol: :lol: :lol:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gzGUqz8zZB4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gzGUqz8zZB4?ve ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 am

YEA!
The show I visited here in The Netherlands was great too. The band played really tight and LaBrie sounded better than ever before. :)
I started crying during The Spirit Carries On! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSm7660uMPc

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 am

rikkertje wrote:YEA!
The show I visited here in The Netherlands was great too. The band played really tight and LaBrie sounded better than ever before. :)
I started crying during The Spirit Carries On! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSm7660uMPc
Me too man :lol: LaBrie sounds absolutely fantastic.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwwMsTpZUfA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kwwMsTpZUfA?ve ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:01 pm

It was such an amazing show there in Madrid. I enjoyed it and had fun A LOT.
If we could... wouldn't you tour around the world with them, Raziel? :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Lurdi wrote:It was such an amazing show there in Madrid. I enjoyed it and had fun A LOT.
:) That would be a dream come true! But it won't happen :cry:

CCCCCCCC
Location:I had 4 biscuits, then I ate one, now I only have 3

Post by CCCCCCCC » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:57 am

RazielSR wrote:
Lurdi wrote:It was such an amazing show there in Madrid. I enjoyed it and had fun A LOT.
:) That would be a dream come true! But it won't happen :cry:
LLOOOVEE Pagans MIND!!!!!!!!!! :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 am

LLOOOVEE Pagans MIND!!!!!!!!!! :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :funhi: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:45 am

How many chins does a man need... :shock:

Layer after layer. Fold after fold. Huh! :shock:

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:52 am

:)

How many chins must a round man have,
Before you can call him fat,
How many chicks must he eat every day,
Before he can use his hat.
And how many times must he eat those foodmounds,
Before he weighs 200 pounds,
The answer my friend lies in Kentucky fried,
The answer lies in Kentucky fried.

How many years tries a fat man look down,
Before he can see his toes,
And how many eyes must a fat man have,
Before he can see how he grows,
And how many chicks will it take till he knows,
That he not can use his old clothes.
The answer my friend lies in Kentucky fried,
The answer lies in Kentucky fried.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am

Yesterday, all my chins seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh I believe in steak-fillet,

Suddenly, I'm at twice the weight I used to be,
And I'm on another eating spree,
Oh heart disease, came suddenly

Why my belly had to grow I don't know, I couldn't say,
I ate something wrong, now I pine for a buffet,

Yesterday, it would have been good enough to saute,
Now anything less than deep-fried is childs play,
Oh I believe in yesterday!

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Pull my finger,
pull my finger,
pull my finger,
I've got to fart.
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:33 am

RazielSR wrote:WOW, WOW and WOW!!! Lurdi and I went this Saturday to the Madrid show and it was ASTONISHING. The band was GREAT. They made my day, my month, my year.
THANKS DT FOR THOSE AMAZING MOMENTS. I have no words to describe the fantastic concert DT gave to us. This band is from another planet, and this picture I took, proves it :D :D :D :D

SETLIST:

1. Bridges In The Sky
2. 6:00
3. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
4. Surrounded
5. The Root Of All Evil
6. (drum solo)
7. A Fortune In Lies
8. Outcry
(acoustic set):
9. The Silent Man
10. Beneath The Surface