Can people fuck in heaven?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

??

?
5
71%
?
2
29%
 
Total votes: 7

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:55 am

It also has a great part where male citizens of a village want to rape two male angels and a good man gives them his young virgin daughters instead because he doesn't want to get his guests raped and women are afterall worthless by the moral of the bible.
Are you referring to Lot? I think it's common agreement and knowledge that he was the Biblical village idiot. :wink:

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:29 am

browneyedgirl wrote: Are you referring to Lot? I think it's common agreement and knowledge that he was the Biblical village idiot. :wink:
I'm runner up! :)

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:52 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
It also has a great part where male citizens of a village want to rape two male angels and a good man gives them his young virgin daughters instead because he doesn't want to get his guests raped and women are afterall worthless by the moral of the bible.
Are you referring to Lot? I think it's common agreement and knowledge that he was the Biblical village idiot. :wink:
Well God and the angels agreed.
For the bibles morale that was the right thing to do.
If you are to say some parts of it are allegoric or symbolic then how do you choose what is symbolic and what is to be obeyed.
Well actually you choose the parts that do fit your current morale and close your eyes from the rest.

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AGAG » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:53 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:Well God and the angels agreed.
On what? :shock: :shock:

Oh God.
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:49 am

AGAG wrote: Oh God.
Do NOT use the Lord's name in vain. Capiche?? :x :pissed3:

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:26 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote: Oh God.
Do NOT use the Lord's name in vain. Capiche?? :x :pissed3:
Eternal Pain for every OMG

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by miditek » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 am

I have a business partner and longtime friend that was a student of J.P. Moreland, the renowned American Christian apologist and author, while he attended St. John's seminary while studying at UCLA.

I can recall one conversation that we were having, and he remembered Moreland answering an atheist that was among the students in the class.

Moreland mentioned that he once came across an old, rusted VW Beetle that had long since been abandoned while walking in the forest one of California's large state parks. He found the notion that among all of the wonders of nature in the park, that the VW Beetle (according to the atheist's logic) just "happened" to be there- or that it came from "nothing"- a bit too simplistic of an explanation- and one that certainly did not follow the scientific method that the atheists keep ranting on about.

The Beetle must have never been designed, manufactured, tested, delivered nor sold. It never had an owner, was never driven, was never new, it never rusted, and then somehow came (again from nothing) to its current location in the state forest.

Another argument that Moreland used with another student was the cash in his wallet. It too, according to the school of "something from nothing" thought must have never been plain paper (that had never been manufactured from trees that never grew) prior to never having been printed by the U.S. Mint, never distributed to a bank (which itself was never built by people that never exited) then somehow magically appeared in his wallet after never having worked for it at a university that had never been built.

"If you were to force people to do something against their free choice, you would be dehumanizing them. The option of forcing everyone to go to heaven is immoral, because it's dehumanizing; it strips them of the dignity of making their own decision; it denies them their freedom of choice; and it treats them as a means to an end. When God allows people to say 'no' to him, he actually respects and dignifies them." — J.P. Moreland
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AGAG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:33 am

We are a bunch of apples that happen to rot very slowly on 80 years long cycles of mindless circling inside the same straw basket. This is important: apples can fuck pears but they will never cease to be apples. Pears can fuck grapes and they will not transmute into a melon. No matter how hard we try or how strong we bite, we will never see another apple's seeds. Not to mention touch them or caressing them like someone would caress dog's ears. There is instead a fine husk that will never let us touch the other apple, nor see inside their mesocarp, where they tend to keep their unique nutrients in various cellular shapes. Never! This apple that has been circling with us since we were little seeds is our friend and yet we cannot know whether it has little worms inside! Or maybe golden worms. And at the end of our circling process, the only thing us apples can hope for is to fall into the ground and then ascend in the shape of another beautiful tree. Otherwise, no one will ever remember there was an apple just a minute ago, on a basket, circling with a big butted pear that happened to live just a couple of blocks away and they used to ride the same bananabus to work everyday, incredibly coincidental..

No tree! The apple's dread.
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:09 am

AGAG wrote:We are a bunch of apples that happen to rot very slowly on 80 years long cycles of mindless circling inside the same straw basket. This is important: apples can fuck pears but they will never cease to be apples. Pears can fuck grapes and they will not transmute into a melon. No matter how hard we try or how strong we bite, we will never see another apple's seeds. Not to mention touch them or caressing them like someone would caress dog's ears. There is instead a fine husk that will never let us touch the other apple, nor see inside their mesocarp, where they tend to keep their unique nutrients in various cellular shapes. Never! This apple that has been circling with us since we were little seeds is our friend and yet we cannot know whether it has little worms inside! Or maybe golden worms. And at the end of our circling process, the only thing us apples can hope for is to fall into the ground and then ascend in the shape of another beautiful tree. Otherwise, no one will ever remember there was an apple just a minute ago, on a basket, circling with a big butted pear that happened to live just a couple of blocks away and they used to ride the same bananabus to work everyday, incredibly coincidental..

No tree! The apple's dread.
I find that my self-awarenass has increased by 10%. :)

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AGAG » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:52 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:We are a bunch of apples that happen to rot very slowly on 80 years long cycles of mindless circling inside the same straw basket. This is important: apples can fuck pears but they will never cease to be apples. Pears can fuck grapes and they will not transmute into a melon. No matter how hard we try or how strong we bite, we will never see another apple's seeds. Not to mention touch them or caressing them like someone would caress dog's ears. There is instead a fine husk that will never let us touch the other apple, nor see inside their mesocarp, where they tend to keep their unique nutrients in various cellular shapes. Never! This apple that has been circling with us since we were little seeds is our friend and yet we cannot know whether it has little worms inside! Or maybe golden worms. And at the end of our circling process, the only thing us apples can hope for is to fall into the ground and then ascend in the shape of another beautiful tree. Otherwise, no one will ever remember there was an apple just a minute ago, on a basket, circling with a big butted pear that happened to live just a couple of blocks away and they used to ride the same bananabus to work everyday, incredibly coincidental..

No tree! The apple's dread.
I find that my self-awarenass has increased by 10%. :)
Do you think your most dearest apple would hesitate if he had the chance to fuck your pear? :x

Even worst... your mango!! :cry:
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:56 am

AGAG wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:We are a bunch of apples that happen to rot very slowly on 80 years long cycles of mindless circling inside the same straw basket. This is important: apples can fuck pears but they will never cease to be apples. Pears can fuck grapes and they will not transmute into a melon. No matter how hard we try or how strong we bite, we will never see another apple's seeds. Not to mention touch them or caressing them like someone would caress dog's ears. There is instead a fine husk that will never let us touch the other apple, nor see inside their mesocarp, where they tend to keep their unique nutrients in various cellular shapes. Never! This apple that has been circling with us since we were little seeds is our friend and yet we cannot know whether it has little worms inside! Or maybe golden worms. And at the end of our circling process, the only thing us apples can hope for is to fall into the ground and then ascend in the shape of another beautiful tree. Otherwise, no one will ever remember there was an apple just a minute ago, on a basket, circling with a big butted pear that happened to live just a couple of blocks away and they used to ride the same bananabus to work everyday, incredibly coincidental..

No tree! The apple's dread.
I find that my self-awarenass has increased by 10%. :)
Do you think your most dearest apple would hesitate if he had the chance to fuck your pear? :x

Even worst... your mango!! :cry:
I would surrender my passionfruit to a stiff plantain with no second thoughts. :oops:

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:44 am

miditek wrote:I have a business partner and longtime friend that was a student of J.P. Moreland, the renowned American Christian apologist and author, while he attended St. John's seminary while studying at UCLA.

I can recall one conversation that we were having, and he remembered Moreland answering an atheist that was among the students in the class.

Moreland mentioned that he once came across an old, rusted VW Beetle that had long since been abandoned while walking in the forest one of California's large state parks. He found the notion that among all of the wonders of nature in the park, that the VW Beetle (according to the atheist's logic) just "happened" to be there- or that it came from "nothing"- a bit too simplistic of an explanation- and one that certainly did not follow the scientific method that the atheists keep ranting on about.

The Beetle must have never been designed, manufactured, tested, delivered nor sold. It never had an owner, was never driven, was never new, it never rusted, and then somehow came (again from nothing) to its current location in the state forest.

Another argument that Moreland used with another student was the cash in his wallet. It too, according to the school of "something from nothing" thought must have never been plain paper (that had never been manufactured from trees that never grew) prior to never having been printed by the U.S. Mint, never distributed to a bank (which itself was never built by people that never exited) then somehow magically appeared in his wallet after never having worked for it at a university that had never been built.

"If you were to force people to do something against their free choice, you would be dehumanizing them. The option of forcing everyone to go to heaven is immoral, because it's dehumanizing; it strips them of the dignity of making their own decision; it denies them their freedom of choice; and it treats them as a means to an end. When God allows people to say 'no' to him, he actually respects and dignifies them." — J.P. Moreland
So you rely on the world seeming to be designed (+ for us)
First of all I might give you an agnostic comment by one of my favorite philosophers David Hume: We live in one universe and we can't compare it to any other universe. We can't say if the universe we live in has a good or doesn't have one because we can't compare it to a universe that has one or doesn't have one.

Now that would be just agnostic but quite interesting thought.

And now about the design.
First of all the universe is a huge place. Just our galaxy is a big one and last month they found another galaxy that looks identical to milkyway but happens to be twice as big.
It is statistically quite propable that there are millions or billions of planets among those billions of billions planets that have proper living conditions.

And the world can only seem perfect for us since if it isn't there won't be anyone wondering how bad it is. So having good living conditions here on earth only proves that we are indeed alive and that there is life on earth (for now)

Then again. Earth as it is happens to be quite different from what it would be if it was created by an alloving and almighty God to be the a place for mankind to live in. Ulric Neissers theory of cognitive psychology explains quite well how you start with one opinnion. In this case "The world is perfectly designedfor us to live in" then you will start noticing things that back up that opinnion while ignoring all those that are against it. For example you might notice that there is lots of food and water in here while ignoring that most of water is salt water or that there are big deserts and natural disasters killing a lot of people or even that the inner clock of human being isn't fit for the spinning rhythm of the earth (I am trying to say that we would live 26-28 hour days if the sun wouldn't be influencing our sleeping rhythm) Overall the world doesn't seem so well designed to me.

Now a couple of points:
(according to the atheist's logic) just "happened" to be there- or that it came from "nothing"- a bit too simplistic of an explanation- and one that certainly did not follow the scientific method that the atheists keep ranting on about.
Now that is a straw man of atheist logic (actually the very example the the finnish sceptics use in their list of bad arguments)
To say atheists would leave things unexplained or to explain things to simple happen to be some way.
Yet a simple solution is often better and at least according to occams razor God doesn't exits because his existance would not explain things but simply make more questions than he solves. Evolution for example explains life as it is a lot better (to think that all different bacteria lived on a single ship when God decided to kill everyone and also decided to warn about it is quite ridiculous but consiodering that people who came up with the story didn't know about them seems to be a lot more believeable.)

However saying things about scientific method that you obviously aren't familiar with is a bad move.
Scientific method gives us undeniably true information in the long run.
These are the core thoughts around it:
Science should be: (wikipedia)
-Reproducible. Makes predictions that can be tested by any observer, with trials extending indefinitely into the future.
-Falsifiable and testable. See Falsifiability and Testability.
-Consistent. Generates no obvious logical contradictions, and 'saves the phenomena', being consistent with observation.
-Pertinent. Describes and explains observed phenomena.
-Correctable and dynamic. Subject to modification as new observations are made.
-Integrative, robust, and corrigible. Subsumes previous theories as approximations, and allows possible subsumption by future theories. ("Robust", here, refers to stability in the statistical sense, i.e., not very sensitive to occasional outlying data points.) See Correspondence principle
-Parsimonious. Economical in the number of assumptions and hypothetical entities.
-Provisional or tentative. Does not assert the absolute certainty of the theory.
Another argument that Moreland used with another student was the cash in his wallet. It too, according to the school of "something from nothing" thought must have never been plain paper (that had never been manufactured from trees that never grew) prior to never having been printed by the U.S. Mint, never distributed to a bank (which itself was never built by people that never exited) then somehow magically appeared in his wallet after never having worked for it at a university that had never been built.
Err... So you just proved that humans exist because theyd o exist and therfore they have been created :?:
That actually has nothing to do with this conversation.
You don't simply seem to understand the atheistic point of view. We are simply saying the world isn't created by a personal creator being and there are lot fo reasons to say that. we aren't saying the world just happens to exist (Yet why wouldn't it) or that something appeared out of nowhere. Actually I personally don't believe there is a beginning to existance.

I am in bit of a hurry so I will skip to the end and I still hope someone watches the video I have been spreading around (No one here has given a comment on it yet)

I have one question for you. Are you really willing to take the risk that the religion your parents have chosen for you is the right one? Over 90% of all people take that risk and in any case over half of the worlds population is wrong.

User avatar
Arnold Layne
Sr. Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 am
Location: Leeds, England

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Arnold Layne » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm

I am disappointed with this thread. It is such an AWFUL waste of letters. There are not enough to go around. HUH!

i mst kp ths pst shrt to sv ltrs

Anld Ln

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by miditek » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:So you rely on the world seeming to be designed (+ for us)


Quite the contrary- we were made by God and for God, and unfortunately there are a lot of people that will never understand this simple fact.

I've often seen academic types rant on about how God is dead (but then again, Shelley is most certainly dead now, and his atheism hardly made him any more immortal than did his poetry), yet they seem almost sociopathically predisposed to hatching continuous arguments about Something or Someone that they strenuously claim does not exist.

I know, let's have a spelling contest!
Κύριε ἐλέησον

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 am

miditek wrote:yet they seem almost sociopathically predisposed to hatching continuous arguments about Something or Someone that they strenuously claim does not exist.
I see your point, and I acknowledge that the fundamental teachings of Christianity are good ones. And although the arguments you made for the existence of God are certainly plausible, it doesn't change the fact that believing in one faith is denying the validity of all the other ones.

So rather than asking you why you are Christian, maybe I should ask why you aren't Jewish, Islamic, etc.

The answer is quite simple: you were born into a Christian environment. Had you been born in Yemen, you would be statistically predisposed to Islamic beliefs.

Subsequently, I conclude that the religion one chooses (or rather, the religion that chooses an individual) is completely circumstantial. That in turn means that religion does not have any real foundation, and is just an antiquated byproduct of culture.

I'm curious about which points you disagree with.

(Of course, I don't intend to cause offense. I'm somewhat of a pseudo-intellectual and enjoy this kind of thing :lol:)

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:18 am

lot's of different intelligent design theories from different Christians, how did you pick which one to believe in?

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Rebel » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:20 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: So rather than asking you why you are Christian, maybe I should ask why you aren't Jewish, Islamic, etc.
To answer those first two, because Christ is the fulfillment of the messianic prophecy laid out in the books of the prophets, psalms, and the Torah, and when Muslims claim that their faith is a sort of "Christianity+" they are leaving out the part where the basis for their faith is accepting Christ as a prophet, but denying his divinity.

AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3283
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Rebel wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote: So rather than asking you why you are Christian, maybe I should ask why you aren't Jewish, Islamic, etc.
To answer those first two, because Christ is the fulfillment of the messianic prophecy laid out in the books of the prophets, psalms, and the Torah, and when Muslims claim that their faith is a sort of "Christianity+" they are leaving out the part where the basis for their faith is accepting Christ as a prophet, but denying his divinity.
If I understand correctly, you argue that your beliefs are rational while the others are a logical contradiction....

Wouldn't you say that growing up, you already identified yourself as Christian long before you had the intellectual capacity (as a child) to truly analyze religious teachings and come to the logical conclusion you describe? And, having been indoctrinated at a young age wouldn't you say "the ship has sailed", so to speak, for truly independent inquiry about religion later in adulthood?

What about the hundreds of millions of like-minded Christians who are not as articulate and intelligent as you, and are incapable of justifying their religious views in any meaningful way? Certainly a large segment of Christians (perhaps not you and Miditek) are blind followers.

(I bring this up because I've had this conversation with other Christians and most of them are unable to bring up the arguments you did).

Anyway, if you truly believe Islam contains logical contradictions, good luck convincing them! :lol: There are 1.5 billion muslims out there now, trying to rationalize their own beliefs with their own prophecies, texts, and the obligatory poorly-documented "miracles". Convincing them that the views they've held since age 3 are a fallacy- its simply impossible. And probably, that is why we can't convince each other of anything either... :lol:

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by icecab21 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 pm

http://toptenproofs.com/products.php here is some proof for you to pay for. for 15 a video for only 99 dollars you can have the whole set, you can also sample some out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzEbpcUf7rE for free you can watch a refutation

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by miditek » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 pm

miditek wrote:yet they seem almost sociopathically predisposed to hatching continuous arguments about Something or Someone that they strenuously claim does not exist.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I see your point, and I acknowledge that the fundamental teachings of Christianity are good ones. And although the arguments you made for the existence of God are certainly plausible, it doesn't change the fact that believing in one faith is denying the validity of all the other ones.
I certainly hear what you're saying, although I typically don't make it a habit of condemning Jews or Muslims over mere theological differences- although I will indeed strongly condemn Muslims for this bloodthirsty, seventh-century Mohammedan mindset that many of them appear to force upon the rest of the world.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:So rather than asking you why you are Christian, maybe I should ask why you aren't Jewish, Islamic, etc. The answer is quite simple: you were born into a Christian environment. Had you been born in Yemen, you would be statistically predisposed to Islamic beliefs.
I believe that you are partially correct. I was, of course, born into a Christian family, so that obviously had an influence upon me as a child, and particularly during the whole Confirmation process. My childhood experiences, with what I would consider to be godly people, if anything, certainly helped to reinforce my beliefs as an adult.

But being born into a Christian, Jewish, or Muslim family does not necessarily guarantee that the child will continue with their parents' religious beliefs during the adult phase of their life. I agree that statistically speaking, where one is born and how they are raised has a lot to do with who they will become as an adult.

However, there are always exceptions in life. I've known many Christian kids that grew up to be secular adults. I've known Jewish kids that converted to Christianity- and right here in my city. I've known Christians that have converted to Judaism in addition to Islam. Moreover, there are millions of Muslims that convert from Islam to Christianity each year, although I do have a real problem with their policy on apostates, as I am sure that you could imagine I would.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Subsequently, I conclude that the religion one chooses (or rather, the religion that chooses an individual) is completely circumstantial. That in turn means that religion does not have any real foundation, and is just an antiquated byproduct of culture.


I think that is almost a zen-like question to ponder; although I still believe that there are far too many conversions going in (and out) of all three of the world's major religions to say that how one turns out as an adult is merely circumstantial and based upon where they grew up.

For instance, there are many prominent ex-Muslims- such as Nonie Darwish, Walid Shoebat, and Mossab Yousef that are now very well known Christians, were people born and raised in the Middle East, and have all been sounding the warning bell about radical Islam for quite some time, and at great personal cost and stress to themselves. The Middle East is an area that may be predominantly Muslim, although I would hardly consider Islam to be a monolithic presence across the entire Middle East.


AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I'm curious about which points you disagree with.
I agree with you on some points, and of course, disagree on others- such as the part of religion being a byproduct of culture and having no foundation. It remains a central theme and foundation for over 2 billion Christians, 1.2 billion Muslims, and of course, the world's 14 million Jews. After over 5,000+ years, it seems unlikely (to me) that the God of Israel is going away any time soon.

If the God of Israel had actually been a cult, then I'm quite confident it would have died off many centuries- or even millennia, before either you or myself were even born.
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:(Of course, I don't intend to cause offense. I'm somewhat of a pseudo-intellectual and enjoy this kind of thing :lol:)
No offense taken, AX10- I always enjoy your posts, even the ones that I disagree with! :D
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Kosmo » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:59 am

Yes.

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Alright I am back.

In case you haven't pushed the ignore button yet I have some ineteresting things for you to know.

Lets start with the first posts after my previous one.

Quite the contrary- we were made by God and for God, and unfortunately there are a lot of people that will never understand this simple fact.
What a perfect argument. Saying your own opinnion is a fact and those who disagree are idiots.

I have to try that right away:
It is sad how around 80-90% of the whole population of the world will never open its eyes to the truth and think for themselves.
yet they seem almost sociopathically predisposed to hatching continuous arguments about Something or Someone that they strenuously claim does not exist
So in case I think God doesn't exist I can't argue about it? Let me tell you I would not argue about this and I wouldn't take this matter half as seriously as I do right now if the world wasn't how it happens to be. If religion didn't have an impact on things it would not matter but right now there are lots of crazy fundamentalists (norway attacks...) and a lot of insane laws giving unfair advantages to people supporting certain religions. The only way to have equality among religions is to ignore them all equally.

However there is a certain argument concerning belief to supernatural that can very well be used here. If you really believe then you would propably go to a pray station where you are to be healed by praying instead of going to a hospital. If you refuse you agree that there is a bigger risk with the effiancy of prayer than with what medical science can offer (they can give you a new leg in the future. I have never heard prayer would have given anything as long as we remember David Humes great note about correlation and causality) If you indeed trust in medicine over prayer (Just one example of trusting to the divine powers) your faith seems to be more of a wishful thinking than true belief (true belief often lead to a massacre so I do prefer it this way)
To answer those first two, because Christ is the fulfillment of the messianic prophecy laid out in the books of the prophets, psalms, and the Torah, and when Muslims claim that their faith is a sort of "Christianity+" they are leaving out the part where the basis for their faith is accepting Christ as a prophet, but denying his divinity.
How do you choose which one prophecy is the one that matters. There are lots of prophecies in other religions too that are fulfilled but you seem to ignore them because you were not raised to believe in them.

How about this.
I tell you that I know next weeks lottery results and then choose some numbers at random and they happened to be right. Does that mean I can see into the future? And to add to this: That example would be quite inpropable statistically and thats why it would be a lot more convincing than the one that christ was made to fill by changing some facts about him while writing down the gospels.
although I will indeed strongly condemn Muslims for this bloodthirsty, seventh-century Mohammedan mindset that many of them appear to force upon the rest of the world.
Now, now someone here is a bit racistic.
In the middle-ages europe was a group of crazy fundamentalist countries led by a religious leader who just happened to gain a huge fortune. Science was pretty much banned. Back then most of the new inventions were made in the middle-east and the people there were peaceful.
Nowadays it is exactly the opposite but I still wouldn't consider europeans the most civilized area in the world until the mid-1900s. Think about it. Muslims didnät sail overseas to slaughter other people and take their gold treasure. Muslims didn't have nearly as many slaves and they treated other peoples a lot better. Nowadays they seem horribly immoral because we compare their culture to ours
But being born into a Christian, Jewish, or Muslim family does not necessarily guarantee that the child will continue with their parents' religious beliefs during the adult phase of their life. I agree that statistically speaking, where one is born and how they are raised has a lot to do with who they will become as an adult.
Society also has a huge role in this.
In the middle-east there is not really a choice.
In the united states the way religion is "used" also eliminates a lot of free thinking. In case someone happens to be wrong wouldn't it be good to question ones won ways. If they indeed are right there is nothing to be afraid of.
However, there are always exceptions in life. I've known many Christian kids that grew up to be secular adults. I've known Jewish kids that converted to Christianity- and right here in my city. I've known Christians that have converted to Judaism in addition to Islam. Moreover, there are millions of Muslims that convert from Islam to Christianity each year, although I do have a real problem with their policy on apostates, as I am sure that you could imagine I would.
There are quite a lot of other religions too. Those are the ones closest to the americans but understanding other cultures and religions wouldn't hurt in my opinnion.
of all three of the world's major religions
Are you aware that Judaism is one of the smallest religons consider to be a global religion.
The top-4 would also include Hindus and Buddhists.
Oh and to shock you all a Hindu and a bit better a Buddhist can take any view on theism. There are atheistic Hindus and Agnostic Buddhists (and actually a lot more than one would think)
such as the part of religion being a byproduct of culture and having no foundation
If religon is not a byproduct of culture then Hinduism has to be based on facts? This is the problem with your view.
How to explain the existance of other religions. There is no way to place your own religion above the others.
After over 5,000+ years, it seems unlikely (to me) that the God of Israel is going away any time soon
Religions change along with generations not with individuals. You can't really convert a 90-year old granny to your religion but you can raise a child to believe it a lot easier. With the increase of atheists comes a more secularized society leading to more atheists in the next generation. This however is a very rough growth model

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by AGAG » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 am

I am really distal. In this thread.

Sorry my distalness.

I wish there was a way to correct distality.

But it is a genetic birth defect housed in the distal-gland, near the rectum.
---...---

User avatar
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ
Sr. Member
Posts: 5094
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:50 am

:lol: Has the rainbow-effect something to do with that inherited distal-gland? What happens with your mind if you take it away? Will you be non-distal then? And is that badworse? :oops:

User avatar
J.S. Bach
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Eisenach

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by J.S. Bach » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:11 am

Distality is a condition I usually explore with the fourth spices. It is a complicated subject that requires the wandering of many cellos on the same point of gravity. A point of reference that gives meaning. Can we lift off and overthrow these non-sensical rules? Of course we can!

Rainbows are far more complicated. This young salvadorean man needs musical surgery. We will enter the equipment from the anus and we will perform indirect incisions near the colon with sine-waves that will massage his colon-glands. The distal-gland will get upset and it will throw ropes to hold on to anything. But one of my fugues will do, this evil gland has no chance. I am a genius.

But! The risks are clear, he will no longer have centers! I think it is a risk we should take heed of.

User avatar
Vladimir Horowitz
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Vladimir Horowitz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:15 am

Just laugh it off lad. The guy is already lost.

Hahaha! :lol:

:)

User avatar
Paul Hindemith
Jr. Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:19 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Paul Hindemith » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 am

Horowitz?? Who is that?...

Pianists. They aren't worth it. :roll:

Now. I do not know but I would suggest a light submersion. We can play Chopin for him. I think that would be more adequate. One of your fugues, Herr Bach, would be like... say, plowing an ill field with a chicken's corpse. Trifle shit. We must remove the landworms with delicacy and swiftness. Then we will focus on the gland. We will attack with enough Weber radiation. I know a German guy who hides around these places that could help too. But no fugues please! He seems like a nice guy, Herr Bach. No one wants to make him paranoid through boredom.

User avatar
Vladimir Horowitz
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Vladimir Horowitz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 am

Germans do not understand humor :lol:

I do care about this guy. I think he can be a lot better alone than with all those vibrating musical inventions you two want to stick inside his ass. :roll:

He can prostrate for some time and he will be fine! All fine.


Hahaha! Look at my tongue :)

User avatar
Paul Hindemith
Jr. Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:19 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Paul Hindemith » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:47 am

No! You look at my tie! A sign of formality, seriousness and cold temperament. A coat of arms that gets things done. A piece of cloth, a shield, that breaks away from tongues like yours. Tongues of informality and indifference. Humor like that is, for most Germans, incomprehensible.

The reasons behind you laughing at this ill child is beyond me and I can't write about it.

Herr Bach. I suggest we find a lonely café where we can plan our anus-intrusion better. With no tongues in sight.

User avatar
Milan Kundera
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Can people fuck in heaven?

Post by Milan Kundera » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:58 am

Paul Hindemith wrote: Humor like that is, for most Germans, incomprehensible.
Humour is indeed something hard to convey. Seriousness is not the opposite of humour. Never.

But don't mind me! haha. I am just passing by! Don't let me be the sudden reminder of your perpetual state of ignominy. It could trigger something unmeasured. :) You could slap a girl that swims faster than you..

Post Reply