CHAOS in Norway

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
CHAOS in Norway

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:16 am

Alot of stuff has been going on there: a bomb rips through an area in downtown Oslo, and some guy goes on a shooting rampage in a Summer camp. Several people were killed and injured.

This surprises me because Norway is one of the most peaceful, tranquil countries on the planet.
It is said Al Queda was behind both these incidences, and they have made threats toward Norway several times the past few years.

Arnold D. Layne

Re: CHAOS in Norway

Post by Arnold D. Layne » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:24 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Alot of stuff has been going on there: a bomb rips through an area in downtown Oslo, and some guy goes on a shooting rampage in a Summer camp. Several people were killed and injured.

This surprises me because Norway is one of the most peaceful, tranquil countries on the planet.
It is said Al Queda was behind both these incidences, and they have made threats toward Norway several times the past few years.
Hmmmm
we got another conspiracy on our hands...

Arnold D. Layne

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:19 am

"Probably they will demand the Norsemen out of Norway since it has become the 44,598th holiest place in shitslam due to their presence."-Hawk 7
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:17 am

At least 87 is confirmed dead after the attacks.

The man behind the attacks is an ethnic Norwegian right-wing extremist, so this probibly has nothing to do with Al-Qaida.
We don’t necessarily discriminate.
We simply exclude certain types of people.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 am

Turns out that instead of some crazed muslims, the suspect they arrested is a white, bona fide Norwegian (I was surprised by this and so were you) Anders Behring Breivik:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... st-80.html

It's always terrible when shit like this happens, but it's also so much more unsettling when it occurs right next door to you, in a country that's roughly equal to your's. My condolences to Norwegians and everyone affected by this disaster.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 am

Haven't heard such a vile thing for a long time. Number of victims on that island is over 80 till now, all of them youths between 14 and 18. How sick must one be to randomly shoot 80 youths he doesn't even know? :cry:

NordicStorm

Post by NordicStorm » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:00 am

Mormegil wrote:Turns out that instead of some crazed muslims, the suspect they arrested is a white, bona fide Norwegian (I was surprised by this and so were you) Anders Behring Breivik
Surprised, why? Because the alleged attacker was as lily-white and non-muslimy as Petri Gerdt? Islamic terrorism accounts for less than 1.5% of all terrorist attacks in the EU (of which Norway isn't a member, of course, but just to provide some perspective): https://www.europol.europa.eu/content/p ... t-2011-449

It would have been a pretty reasonable suspicion that there were connections to right-wing extremism, especially given that the shootings at Utøya were ostensibly targeting the youth organisation of the nominally left-wing Labour Party. Nevertheless, Breivik is just a suspect at this point, so it's best to just let the investigation into these horrific acts take its course.
Give me liberty, or give me cake!

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:50 am

:cry: :cry:

Today we are all Norwegians.

:cry: :cry:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:05 pm

+1 on everything NordicStorm said.

I like how SOME PEOPLE immediately assumed it was Al-Qaeda with precisely zero information. Because we must assume there are no other people on earth possibly capable of doing this and there are no other threats that could possibly surface and we should just ignore any other potential dangers! Because terrorism and mass murder are exclusively Islamic extremist things, like Timothy McVeigh proved to us!

The fact that it was a through-and-through Norwegian national makes it even more horrifying. I really couldn't imagine why anyone would want to attack Norway in this manner, and now that we know who the (likely) culprit is, it's even more confusing. Apparently he has some extreme right-wing links... we'll find out in due course I imagine.

To my friends in Norway, I just want to express my grief and sadness. I've contacted everyone I know over there and they're safe thankfully.

What a mess :(
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:06 pm

miditek wrote:
"Probably they will demand the Norsemen out of Norway since it has become the 44,598th holiest place in shitslam due to their presence."-Hawk 7
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Of course you couldn't.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I don't think it was unreasonable for people to initially suspect islamic terrorists. Norway is a NATO member after all and there was the (attempted) attack at Sweden not too long ago and that one incident with Osama bin Laden. Not to mention the news, which I can't seem to find in English anymore, about one islamic terrorist organisation claiming to be behind it.
No matter what, it's a sad day and reading reports about this made me feel kind of sick to my stomach.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Of course it's a massive threat, but it's not the only one out there. My issue is that people are so blindly focused on Islamic terrorism that they forget that danger may come from other places.

Including white, right-wing, ethnic Norwegian Christians.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:35 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Of course it's a massive threat, but it's not the only one out there. My issue is that people are so blindly focused on Islamic terrorism that they forget that danger may come from other places.

Or not to mention hordes of violent, leftist bastards rioting in Athens- the epicenter of EUtopia. Frau Merkel tells the Greeks if they want any more help, that they'll have to start adopting work habits like the Germans.

How do we know that the shooter was Christian, and wasn't a Muslim convert? After all, in Europe the cathedrals are empty, but there's a new minaret going up every minute. Also, how is that gun control thing working for everyone now? On a final note, take a look at the tens of thousands of cars that were torched across Europe, particularly France, in recent years and then tell me that the Muzz are responsible for 'only' 1.5% of terror attacks that occur in EUarabia.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 pm

miditek wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Of course it's a massive threat, but it's not the only one out there. My issue is that people are so blindly focused on Islamic terrorism that they forget that danger may come from other places.

Or not to mention hordes of violent, leftist bastards rioting in Athens- the epicenter of EUtopia. Frau Merkel tells the Greeks if they want any more help, that they'll have to start adopting work habits like the Germans.
Everyone knows Greeks are lazy and they had an economy based on debt, and that rioting is sort of a way of life over there. Cyprus has been flooded with Greek people looking for work.

How is economic situation in Greece relevant in any conceivable way to the current topic ???
How do we know that the shooter was Christian, and wasn't a Muslim convert?
Reports say he described himself as a Christian and he had links to fundamentalist Christian and anti-immigration organisations. The targets were the offices of the government, and a youth camp organised by the ruling left-wing Labour party, which the Prime Minister was supposed to attend, so it seems like a politically motivated attack. The Norwegian police say they do not suspect any sort of Islamic link.

Meaning that yes, it is possible for someone who is not a Muslim to carry out horrific acts of violence and that we have to be wary of threats from everywhere, not just brown people.

Does it worry you that this act was (it seems) carried out by a person who prima facie shares many of your views? World seems less black-and-white now, eh?
After all, in Europe the cathedrals are empty, but there's a new minaret going up every minute. Also, how is that gun control thing working for everyone now?
I have no knowledge of what gun control laws are like in Norway, it's not an EU state. But of course you knew that, right? And again, the police have found no link to Islam, why are you trying to turn the subject there again? What is wrong with you?
On a final note, take a look at the tens of thousands of cars that were torched across Europe, particularly France, in recent years and then tell me that the Muzz are responsible for 'only' 1.5% of terror attacks that occur in EUarabia.
You actually have no idea what you are talking about, as always when you say anything about Europe, because it is painfully obvious you've never actually, you know, been here for any significant amount of time, if at all ever....just like people who annoy you who criticise internal American policies who've never been there.

You're just making a fool of yourself again, please stop.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Anyway, back on topic I found this:

A survivor's account of it. I found a translation someone made... it's just horrible to read:
Prableen Kaur wrote:I've woken up. I can't sleep anymore. I'm sitting in the living room. Feeling grief, anger, happiness, God, I don't know. There are too many emotions. There are too many thoughts. I'm afraid. I react to the slightest sound. I will write about what happened on Utøya. What my eyes saw, what I felt, what I did. The words come straight from the liver, but I will anonymize many names out of respect for my friends.

We had a crisis meeting in the main building after the explosions in Oslo. After that there was a meeting for members of Akershus and Oslo. After the meetings there were many, many people around and in the main building. We consoled ourselves that we were safe on an island. No one knew that hell would break out here, too.

I stood in the main hall when panic broke out. I heard shots. I saw him shoot. Everybody started to run. The first thought was: "Why shoot the police on us? What the hell?" I ran into a smaller hall. People ran. Screamed. I was scared. I managed to get into one of the rooms at the back of the building. There were many of us in there. We were all lying on the floor. We heard several shots. Grew increasingly scared afraid. I cried. I knew nothing. I saw my best friend through the window and wondered if I should go out and bring him to me. I did not. I saw fear in his eyes.

We were lying on the floor inside the room for a few minutes. We agreed not to let more people in in case the killer came. We heard several shots and decided to jump out the window. Panic broke out among us. Everybody in the room rushed to the window and tried to jump out. I was the last one to do so and thought: "I am the last one to jump out the window. Now I'll die. I'm certain of it, but it might be okay, then I know that the others are safe." I threw my bag out the window. Tried to climb down but lost my grip. I landed hard on the left part of the body. A guy helped me up. We ran into the woods. I looked around. "Is he here? Is he shooting at me? Can he see me?" A girl had a broken ankle. Another was severely injured. I tried to help a little bit before I went down to the water.

I sought cover behind a sort of brick wall. There were many of us. I prayed, prayed, prayed. I hoped that God saw me. I called Mom and said that I was not sure we ​​would meet again, but that I would do anything to manage. I said several times that I loved her. I heard fear in her voice. She cried. It hurt. I sent a text message to my dad, told him I loved him. I sent a text message to another person I really, really like. We were kept contact for a little while. I sent a text message to my best friend. He did not answer. We heard several shots. Snuggled together. Did everything we could to keep warm. There were so many thoughts. I was so scared.

My dad called me. I cried, said I loved him. He said he was going with my brother to welcome me when I come across to the mainland or they came to the island. There were so many emotions. So many thoughts. I told everything I could. It took some time. The other called parents eventually started texting in fear that the killer would hear us. I thought of my sister who is abroad. How I would tell her how it happened? What had happened to me? I updated on Twitter and Facebook that I was still alive and that I was "safe." I wrote that I was waiting for the police. People jumped into the water, started swimming. I was lying on the ground. I decided that if he came, I would play dead. I would not run or swim. I can not describe the fear, all the thoughts, what I felt.

A man came. "I'm from the police." I was lying. Someone shouted back that he had to prove it. I do not remember exactly what he said, but the killer started shooting. He reloaded. Shot more. He shot those around me. I thought: "It's over now. He's here. He's gonna take me. Now I'll die." People screamed. I heard that others were shot. Others jumped into the water. I was lying there. The mobile phone in hand.

I lay on top of the legs of a girl. Two others were on top of my legs. My phone started ticking with texts. The mobile phone rang several times. I kept lying there, playing dead. I was there for at least an hour. It was completely quiet. I gently turned her head to see if I could see someone alive. I saw bodies. I saw blood. Fear. I decided to get up. I had been lying on top of a dead body. Two bodies were on top of me. I had a guardian angel.

I did not know if he would come back again. I didn't have the courage to look at all those who had called and texted me. I hurried down to the water. I took off my sweater. It was big. I thought it would be difficult to swim with. I considered whether I should bring my cell phone or leave it. I put it in my back pocket and jumped into the water. I saw several others in the water. They had swum far. I saw that someone had gathered around a floating airboat or something like that. There were many who picked up those who swam out. I swam, swam, and swam towards the boat.

I screamed. Wept. I was cold. I thought I was gonna drown. It got heavier and heavier. I prayed. I continued. My arms got tired. I decided to turn my back and just use my legs to swim with. I sank. I started to swim normally again. A little while I thought those who had gathered around the air boat began to move away. I screamed. Begged them to wait for me. I must have been having visions. I swam at least a few hundred meters before I arrived. We talked a little. Told each other our names, where we came from. When the boats passed us, we shouted for help, but they picked up those who had swum there first.

A man in a boat came to us. He threw out several life jackets. I got hold of one. Put it on. I held on to the small air boat for a long time until the same man came back to pick us up. Everyone got into it. He began to sail towards shore. After a while the boat started taking in water. I did everything I could to get the water out. I used a bucket. I was exhausted. Another girl in the boat took over. We came to the shore. We got blankets. Tears pressed on. I cried more. A woman hugged me. It was so good. I wept loudly. I sobbed. A man lent me his phone. I called my dad, "I'm alive. I did it. I'm safe now." I hung up. Cried some more.

We had to walk a bit. Completely unknown people took us into their cars and drove us to the Sundvollen Hotel. I ran in to see if I could see my best friend. I couldn't find hime anywhere. I saw a friend. I cried loudly. We hugged each other for a long time. It was good. I walked around, looking for friends. My heart pounded. I cried more. I signed up with the police, went through all the lists. I did not know if my best friend was alive. I looked through all the lists. I could not find his name anywhere.

I was scared. I got a duvet. I took off my wet socks. I was half naked. Got a jacket. Contacted my parents again. My dad and brother were on their way to come get me. I drank some hot chocolate. I sat down. Thought. Cried. Found some more friends. Hugged them. Cried. I borrowed a computer. Updated Facebook and Twitter again that I was safe. I was at the hotel for several hours before my family came. I looked for familiar faces. I talked to a priest. I told him everthing I had seen. It was a good conversation. A man from Red Cross looked at my wounds. Cleansed them. Time passed.

I was with some of my friends. Everyone talked about the same. How we survived. What had happened. I asked several of them if they had seen my best friend. No one had seen him. I was scared. I thought that it was my fault because we had not managed to stay together. A friend got the key to a hotel room. We sat there, watching the news. There was anger, sorrow, so many emotions. My dad called, they had arrived. I took the elevator down. Ran to them. Hugged my brother and my dad for a long time. I wept aloud. My brother was crying too. It was a good moment.

I saw a boy who looked like my best friend. I shouted his name. He turned around. It was him. We hugged each other for a long time. Both crying, we asked each other how we had stayed alive. After a while, I registered myself and we drove home. Someone else sat in with us. My best friend was with me. His brother had come with his best friend. There were several who had gathered at my home. They would not go home until they had seen that I was fine. We talked a little bit. I drank a glass of juice. Ate a yogurt. Talked some more with my mom and my family. I called my best friend. It was a good call. She said: "I was not sure if I would ever get this phone." Tears pressed on. We talked a little bit. After a while it got in my bed. It was three o'clock at night. Mom refused to let me sleep alone, so we slept together.

There have been several hours since all this happened. I'm still in shock. Everything has not fallen into place. I have seen the bodies of my friends. Several of my friends are missing. I am glad that I can swim. I am glad that I live. Glad that God watched over me. There are so many emotions, so many thoughts. I think of all the relatives of the dead. Of everyone I lost. Of the hell that is and was on the island. This summer's most beautiful fairy tale is transformed into Norway's worst nightmare.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Also, another Norwegian-looking man was arrested on Sundvollen nearby Utøya. The second shooter maybe?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:45 pm

When I posted this topic the news media did not know much as yet, and were saying Al Quaida might have been involved. However, later last night they knew better about what happened.
Personally, I knew probably Al Qaida was not involved in the mass shooting because thats not their style, however the bombing, I did not really know who might've been responsible. I was just surprised that the "target" was Norway because that country never bothers anyone, and usually does not get involved in anything which would raise ire of any kind. ???

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:31 pm

miditek wrote:Also, how is that gun control thing working for everyone now?
As far as I know, youths at camps in America don't generally carry guns either.

Damien Thorn

Post by Damien Thorn » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Neonvomit, thank you for that message you posted. It was the most eloquent and honest bit of writing about the Norwegian killing spree that I've read so far. Very pure, very human. Thank you.

Damien
Trite
Rhetorical
Cliched
Inane

miditeksays

Post by miditeksays » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:19 pm

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:20 pm

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:35 pm

This link http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/terrorism-in-europe/ is for those, who are saying, that all muslims are terrorists and that Christianity and Judaism are the religions of peace.

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:52 pm

My initial thought was also about Islamic terror (hey, don't blame me, we have lots of those around), but then I heard that he targeted a specific party building and youth camp.

There is no way this guy acted alone, it's just physically impossible to kill so many people uninterrupted. Any killing spree I've heard about (and we had a few of those too) usually ends after a few minutes with the murderer dead or incapacitated. Where was the police? Was there no one with something to incapacitate him with?

This is weird.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

The unknown one

Post by The unknown one » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:31 pm

uugghhh just another staged false flag attack... :bandit:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:00 am

The unknown one wrote:uugghhh just another staged false flag attack... :bandit:
False? :roll: It looked mighty real to me. :roll: :roll: :roll:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:35 am

Shurik wrote:My initial thought was also about Islamic terror (hey, don't blame me, we have lots of those around), but then I heard that he targeted a specific party building and youth camp.

There is no way this guy acted alone, it's just physically impossible to kill so many people uninterrupted. Any killing spree I've heard about (and we had a few of those too) usually ends after a few minutes with the murderer dead or incapacitated. Where was the police? Was there no one with something to incapacitate him with?

This is weird.
You have to remember that Norway has unbelievably low rates of violent crime... it just doesn't happen and nobody expects it. And at a youth camp on an island on a national holiday in the middle of summer? Who would see that coming?

Also, reports say he was wearing a police uniform, and then was asking people to gather around (mostly children, remember) before opening fire. Then on another part of the island, before they'd realised it was him doing the shooting, he'd probably tell people to get down somewhere safe, before killing them. Apparently he was then going around trying to find kids who were injured or playing dead and then shooting them. It was ruthless, sadistic, calculated and brutal.

His court-appointed lawyer (seriously, now THAT is a job nobody wants) says that he'd been planning these attacks for some time and that he would explain his actions on Monday... I can't even begin to imagine what sort of twisted, fucked up mindset this guy has to rationalise what he did. He grew up in the most prosperous nation on Earth (consistently ranked #1 on the UN HDI) and was an educated businessman. I really can't understand it in any way...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:21 am

The guy is a Christian Zionist, which is important considering the youth camp he targeted had a rally in support of Palestinian statehood the day before.

Not to mention Mahmoud Abbas was in Norway this week for his statehood push.

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:27 am

NeonVomit wrote:+1 on everything NordicStorm said.

I like how SOME PEOPLE immediately assumed it was Al-Qaeda with precisely zero information.
You bitch and complain when al-Qaeda does get condemned for terror attacks, and I have yet to see you ever condemn the goatfuckers for anything, regardless of how heinous the crime is. One of your stock quotes, "shooting fish in the barrel", for example, comes to mind. And another is, "All Muslims are not terrorists!", as if that has anything to do with the situation.
NeonVomit wrote:Because we must assume there are no other people on earth possibly capable of doing this and there are no other threats that could possibly surface and we should just ignore any other potential dangers!
Because anything else would be Isalmophobic, according to your pompous, multi-cultural, Marxist logic.
NeonVomit wrote:Because terrorism and mass murder are exclusively Islamic extremist things, like Timothy McVeigh proved to us!
Well, you've waited for what, fifteen or sixteen years now? You've finally gotten a brand new white boogeyman to replace McVeigh and Nichols, while conveniently ignoring the statistics that show the bulk of terror attacks worldwide are indeed committed by jihadists.
NeonVomit wrote:The fact that it was a through-and-through Norwegian national makes it even more horrifying.
Yes, a Nordic killer- the worst possible nightmare of any left-wing multiculturalist, even if the Muzz are burning half the town (or Continent, in this case) down! Your 'horror' is selective though, isn't it? I've yet to see any of your sentiments of 'horror' exhibited for any Christians (of any race) around the globe in places such as Rwanda, Egypt, Iraq, or other countries that they are persecuted in.

NeonVomit wrote:I really couldn't imagine why anyone would want to attack Norway in this manner, and now that we know who the (likely) culprit is, it's even more confusing.
It's actually quite simple, there really are right-wing psychos in Europe that don't like seeing their cultures denigrated by unrestricted immigration, and don't buy into all of the lies (on the 'wonders' of diversity) perpetrated by the pro-immigration lobby and their green allies.

There really is a boogeyman after all, and apparently the left has just met the next generation of lunatics that they've been ranting on about for years now. A creation of their own bullshit and propaganda, and apparently not too conceptually different than the "Laser Man" freak in Sweden.
NeonVomit wrote: Apparently he has some extreme right-wing links... we'll find out in due course I imagine.

I'm sure that they will, Comrade Vomit, although Caucasian radicals need not only be from the right-wing. The Baader-Meinhof Gang/Red Army Faction were primarily Caucasians, and diametrically opposed to the right, you fucking cretin.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:39 am

This nutcase actually wrote a 1,500 page manifesto and posted some video on Youtube before the shooting:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAwp2FnRmsE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAwp2FnRmsE?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I don't understand how slaughtering his own people is supposed to protect Europe from the Islamic threat, and I'm not about to read 1,500 pages to find out!! :crazy1: :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:02 am

miditek wrote:Incoherent hysterical crap that has no relevance to the current topic
Look, I'm not getting into this bullshit with you again. You have issues, get help.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:This nutcase actually wrote a 1,500 page manifesto and posted some video on Youtube before the shooting:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAwp2FnRmsE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rAwp2FnRmsE?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I don't understand how slaughtering his own people is supposed to protect Europe from the Islamic threat, and I'm not about to read 1,500 pages to find out!! :crazy1: :lol:
Seriously, this reminds me of John Doe from Se7en almost... maybe less sophisticated, but still effective. It's amazing how some people can just simmer under the surface for years before exploding like that.