Rhapsody Of Fire (Luca and Alex separates)

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
a_Sniper
Rhapsody Of Fire (Luca and Alex separates)

Post by a_Sniper » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:06 pm

http://www.myspace.com/rhapsodyoffire/blog/543955236

Sad news :( I hope all the best for both bands in the future though!

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Rhapsody Of Fire (Luca and Alex separates)

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:08 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: they were an awesome duet for the band.

But... I'm pretty sure they'll get back together some day.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 am

like...FINALLY!! this band had like 5 years of grace , they should had dissapeared quite sometime ago.
I enjoy Dawn of victory but more than 5 records of the same shit was unbearable.
A9

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 am

adrian9 wrote:like...FINALLY!! this band had like 5 years of grace , they should had dissapeared quite sometime ago.
I enjoy Dawn of victory but more than 5 records of the same shit was unbearable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2bUSSn1YuI
What albums were you listening to exactly?

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:28 am

Rebel wrote:
adrian9 wrote:like...FINALLY!! this band had like 5 years of grace , they should had dissapeared quite sometime ago.
Describe your feelings towards me.

Arnold Layne

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:56 am

Rebel wrote:
i dont know all the names.. Im guessin from the first one up until Symphony of Enchanted Lands II and I heard that one because of Mr.C. Lee of course.
I´ve checked out some tracks from the more recent releases but for me is the same shit only highly produced.
is Fabio lione operatic vocal,alex doble bass pedal, the kingdom the blah blah blah blah...I mean this has been going on for more than ten years and the music has lost the impact it had in 1999.

and as I said before, mi favorite one is Dawn Of Victory I dont despise the band.
A9

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:34 am

Well... actually, they don't dissappear.. They multiply! :headbang:

Looking forward to see what they come up with, both bands!
We don’t necessarily discriminate.
We simply exclude certain types of people.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:21 am

adrain 9 has it down much better. 0 albums and 0 sales, much better than 10 albums and over 1.5 million sales.

there are two of them now if you read the press release.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

adrian9 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
i dont know all the names.. Im guessin from the first one up until Symphony of Enchanted Lands II and I heard that one because of Mr.C. Lee of course.
I´ve checked out some tracks from the more recent releases but for me is the same shit only highly produced.
is Fabio lione operatic vocal,alex doble bass pedal, the kingdom the blah blah blah blah...I mean this has been going on for more than ten years and the music has lost the impact it had in 1999.

and as I said before, mi favorite one is Dawn Of Victory I dont despise the band.
It's not like Fabio Lione has developed a death growl and black metal vocals or anything...

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Power Of A Dragonflame was the last Rhapsody (yes, it's their real name) album I liked. The later albums were pretty meh ...
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:47 pm

You're complaining about the "same shit"...But you're on a Stratovarius website, the kings of "same shit."

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:32 am

icecab21 wrote:adrain 9 has it down much better. 0 albums and 0 sales, much better than 10 albums and over 1.5 million sales.

there are two of them now if you read the press release.
I didnt understand what you wanted to say about the sales...and I`ve read the press shit. I mean Sheet.
Rebel wrote:It's not like Fabio Lione has developed a death growl and black metal vocals or anything...
not it is not, that would be something that Bruce Dickinson would do, but we are talking about gods.., Im pretty sure Fabio could sing with different textures like the ones he shows on vision divine and other projects, but on Rhapsody they guys just dont bother to try and rely on this in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SONG..I mean 5 albums of that is more than enough.
Star_Ocean wrote:You're complaining about the "same shit"...But you're on a Stratovarius website, the kings of "same shit."
actually the kings of the "same shit" would be Manowar, and Im pretty sure they like that label since they are on that Kingdom type of thing.
and yeah Im pretty certain of stratovarius repeating things, I hate Polaris as everybody knows here , and I find dull some other albums.
still the awesomeness of stratovarius is waaaaaaaaaaayyy to big to label them as a formulaic band.

yeah there are two Rhapsody bands, but they wont be twice as much Rhapsody fans (because fans dont grow on trees), so im pretty sure they would release something and tour but after that they will fade. the interest on this type of music is not the same and dividing your fanbase isnt the best move.
if they prove me wrong I would take this words and eat em.
until that youll have to wait.
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 am

my point is you are bitching about what others do with their music rather than setting an example with your own of what you think is "not shit"

the band plays for over 25000 thousand people when they do some of their concerts i don't think they are concerned about audience size, there are promoters willing to pay good money to have them tour.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 am

icecab21 wrote:my point is you are bitching about what others do with their music rather than setting an example with your own of what you think is "not shit"

the band plays for over 25000 thousand people when they do some of their concerts i don't think they are concerned about audience size, there are promoters willing to pay good money to have them tour.
yeah of course im bitching, if I dont do it im being conformist taking whatever shit they come up with...im just not a pasive fan.

the band that "played" for 25000 doesnt exist anymore, and as any stratovarius fan knows, "other" projects by members of a fully established band very rarely become , eaqualy or even more susceful that the original one. we have our very on examples here. revolution R, symphonia, and im pretty sure the sales of elysium werent better that Infinite.

not shit examples for me would be "queen" "iron maiden" "led zep" to name a few is you look closely to their entire discography you will find amazing music first and then entirely different records between each others.

do you imagine Queen trying to Re-Do "bohemian rhapsody" in every friking record??? compare that song to "radio gaga"....I think you got my point by now.
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:08 am

you say you like one, then they did the "same thing again", and now you don't like it? how can you have different opinions on what you say is the same thing?

do you complain that each of the lord of the rings books has a ring in it?

it's called a saga for a reason because its a continued storyline. double bass is part of the genre and the only other option is to not do double bass. Fabio sings in many different voices and characters in the storyline and the operatic voice is again the style and a normal singing voice that is only proper.

each song is very different if you listen to elements of music as a whole and not complain if two songs both have a 4 bar section with 16th notes for the drums or if they both have a triad or a operatic note.

i would have liked queen more if they did more material in bohemian rhapsody direction. a good song is a good song and a good style is a good style. i think radio gaga is a horrible direction compared to bohemian rhapsody

if i want to listen to very different music, i have different bands for that, i don't search out for any time the same drum pattern was used for 3 seconds in a few different songs and then say the band is producing shit music and should quit.

we will see about the loss or growth of fans for the two bands but i think they are in better situations than stratovarius was . stratovarius had such a different situation and tolkki made himself such a bad investment, while the guys in rhapsody of fire have not burned bridges with fans and potential business partners that have had to be rebuilt. i think it's fair to give the bands 5-10 years to build themselves and see where they are long term rather than point to them not being as successful a few months in

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 am

adrian9 wrote:
Rebel wrote:It's not like Fabio Lione has developed a death growl and black metal vocals or anything...
not it is not, that would be something that Bruce Dickinson would do, but we are talking about gods.., Im pretty sure Fabio could sing with different textures like the ones he shows on vision divine and other projects, but on Rhapsody they guys just dont bother to try and rely on this in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SONG..I mean 5 albums of that is more than enough.
You're a fool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta_KhUa3O7Q

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 am

I interrupt this bullshit to bring you this very special announcement. :)

perv is now an official forum smiley.

That is all. :)

DDDDDDDD

Post by DDDDDDDD » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:38 am

perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv perv

pimentel2

Post by pimentel2 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 pm

This is soo sad! I love Rhapsody! Ah well, they'll do fine :)

Fabio <33

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 am

icecab21 wrote:you say you like one, then they did the "same thing again", and now you don't like it? how can you have different opinions on what you say is the same thing?

do you complain that each of the lord of the rings books has a ring in it?

it's called a saga for a reason because its a continued storyline. double bass is part of the genre and the only other option is to not do double bass. Fabio sings in many different voices and characters in the storyline and the operatic voice is again the style and a normal singing voice that is only proper.

each song is very different if you listen to elements of music as a whole and not complain if two songs both have a 4 bar section with 16th notes for the drums or if they both have a triad or a operatic note.

i would have liked queen more if they did more material in bohemian rhapsody direction. a good song is a good song and a good style is a good style. i think radio gaga is a horrible direction compared to bohemian rhapsody

if i want to listen to very different music, i have different bands for that, i don't search out for any time the same drum pattern was used for 3 seconds in a few different songs and then say the band is producing shit music and should quit.

we will see about the loss or growth of fans for the two bands but i think they are in better situations than stratovarius was . stratovarius had such a different situation and tolkki made himself such a bad investment, while the guys in rhapsody of fire have not burned bridges with fans and potential business partners that have had to be rebuilt. i think it's fair to give the bands 5-10 years to build themselves and see where they are long term rather than point to them not being as successful a few months in
very easy answer to this.
1) I liked Dawn of victory because of the good songs! that album got something that appealed to me, what can I say?!? if you like something you like it and thats it. and as I understand that album is not the most love one of the Rhapsody fans.
also remember that album was released sometime around 2000? I believe, and I think they got like 3 albums before that, they were building up their style by then.
I went on to buy dark secret part 2 and I find myself listening the same crap again, like no new ideas, no new aproach, no ancient intruments, you know what I mean.?!? the band stuck on a formula. brainless formula. brilliant produced i must said.
2) the lord of the rings book has a very clear Opening-Mid-Ending Scenario, this shit will never end, like jerry seinfeld said "leave at your peak so they want more"great lesson.
3) everything Queen did was gold, that is why they keeping adding new fans, regardless of what you think they should have done.
4) I dont have to look for 3 seconds, you can compare entire song-structure of this band and you will find same concepts over and over, aerosmith does it and is brilliant!, scorpions does it and is brilliant too! rhapsody did it brilliant for sometime but you just can keep that shit up for 30 years . and the prove is that they dont even can work together anymore!!
5) 5 to 10 years!? that is a life time in bands time? WTF? I give both of this projects a max of 5 years or 3 records or 2 world tours whatever happen first before they quit to go on a reunion (for the sake of bucks of course)

@rebel: I checked out your video and while I find it pretty cool,and actually like it, doesnt change my mind.
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:56 am

a new melody is not a new idea?
you don't seem to be given much credit to composition. seems like you are asking for novelty over quality.

the saga also has a beginning middle and end. it just ended.

im fine with the direction queen went in and like the songs on each of the albums, but im not going to say the band should quit before making more in the style of bohemian rhapsody.

they did not say they can't work together anymore, they said they are not going to for now. alex is in both bands. song structure itself is another part that i think is a weak complaint. i mean song structure is just the bare bones of a song, the details are important. 4 wheels is great for a car, I'm not going to a 5 or 3 wheel car for the pure sake of being new or different. the band has to choose what its goals are and that will leave behind people with different values. expecting or demanding a band be different from it's values does not seem productive. i'd say Luca wants to be a champion of musical era where originality was not important as form and what people did within the system.

5-10 years. lets see with stratovarius, tollki joined in 85, , first album in 89 first chart in europe was in 96, first chart in japan was in 94. that 11 years to even really get going

helloween 84, first chart in 87

rhapsody, started 93, first album 97

angra started 91 first album 93

blind guardian started 84 first album 88

edguy started 92, first album 97, first chart 99

sonata arctica started 95, first album 99

iron maiden formed 75, first album 80

queen formed 71 first album 73

symfonia formed 10 first album 11

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:27 am

icecab21 wrote:a new melody is not a new idea?
you don't seem to be given much credit to composition. seems like you are asking for novelty over quality.

the saga also has a beginning middle and end. it just ended.

im fine with the direction queen went in and like the songs on each of the albums, but im not going to say the band should quit before making more in the style of bohemian rhapsody.

they did not say they can't work together anymore, they said they are not going to for now. alex is in both bands. song structure itself is another part that i think is a weak complaint. i mean song structure is just the bare bones of a song, the details are important. 4 wheels is great for a car, I'm not going to a 5 or 3 wheel car for the pure sake of being new or different. the band has to choose what its goals are and that will leave behind people with different values. expecting or demanding a band be different from it's values does not seem productive. i'd say Luca wants to be a champion of musical era where originality was not important as form and what people did within the system.

5-10 years. lets see with stratovarius, tollki joined in 85, , first album in 89 first chart in europe was in 96, first chart in japan was in 94. that 11 years to even really get going

helloween 84, first chart in 87

rhapsody, started 93, first album 97

angra started 91 first album 93

blind guardian started 84 first album 88

edguy started 92, first album 97, first chart 99

sonata arctica started 95, first album 99

iron maiden formed 75, first album 80

queen formed 71 first album 73

symfonia formed 10 first album 11
I see your point and yes a new melody is a new idea that concept is pretty valid.

the saga ended because the band ended dont shit me with that they had all that planed because is not true. im not gonna buy that.

what you say about queen is fair but just a "what if"

if I decide to quit anything , job , relationship, band, football team, is because.........I cant stand/like/work with it anymore....simple as that.

the car example...is not the 4 wheels bro, all cars have 4 wheels ,but every year they revamp the car with better brakes, more power, gps, now they got FB and Twitter on the car, see what I mean? if you want to make an analogy to the band thing lets say that rhapsody kept their model in 2005-06.

Bands should be demanded to improve, not to change,Ill give you that. and while I find their style to have an expiration date, the audience will finally tell, like disco died back in 80s, and some other styles that had come and go in metal and rock happens too. otherwise we will still listen some nirvana stuff...ahh the 90s.

those bands you cited lived a different industry times, to cite a name you have, justin bieber went from nobody to stardom and a full madison square garden in 1 year.
metal you say? I believe there is a little band called metallica formed in 81 first album in 83...but that history is very long.

pd. are you saying that all britney spears album are cool and different because each song had different melodies? see what i mean?
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 am

if I decide to quit anything , job , relationship, band, football team, is because.........I cant stand/like/work with it anymore....simple as that.
thats normal, but you said the band should quit rather than quitting the band yourself.
the car example...is not the 4 wheels bro, all cars have 4 wheels ,but every year they revamp the car with better brakes, more power, gps, now they got FB and Twitter on the car, see what I mean? if you want to make an analogy to the band thing lets say that rhapsody kept their model in 2005-06.
now it's music, i don't think music can be improved beyond what they were doing early on. is 1200npm some necessary thing to go to as 1000npm is just not fast enough? i think the band can refine itself and deeper mastery of the style and expression, but i don't think the technical details can be improved much from what the band did early on. the band has some aesthetic changes and different emphasizes, but i don't they they have or could get better. things should change if the band has something they want to express and they have to change it or get better and more refined at expressing what they are doing, but i don't think there is a great deal of room for quality advancement in what rhapsody was doing. they did make changes in delivery from album to album.
Bands should be demanded to improve, not to change,Ill give you that. and while I find their style to have an expiration date, the audience will finally tell, like disco died back in 80s, and some other styles that had come and go in metal and rock happens too. otherwise we will still listen some nirvana stuff...ahh the 90s.
improvement is subjective once the musical level is at a certain point. they fuse many different styles of music together and some of the styles are about very different things. neoclassical is certainly not a style of it was done once and shall never be done again, but a tribute to elements of music done before. it would be interesting to hear the difference between what bands compose and what bands release. there has to be a balance of what what a person composes and likes and what a audience will buy. a rhythm section can only play so tight and leads can only be so well developed before going into personal style.

well i was talking metal bands with history of over 10 years and the few years it took them to start

safe to say beiber has more resources and a bigger target market behind him than metal bands have had. he did start him momentum by lots of acoustic shows for teen radio stations, not many metal bands can do that.

i'm saying the songs are each different songs, not that they are cool songs, just that they are not releasing the same songs or the same thing.

what kinds of room for improvement do you think there is?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 am

icecab21 wrote: thats normal, but you said the band should quit rather than quitting the band yourself.
I didnt say the band should quit, but yeah, they should quit.
icecab21 wrote:now it's music, i don't think music can be improved beyond what they were doing early on. is 1200npm some necessary thing to go to as 1000npm is just not fast enough? i think the band can refine itself and deeper mastery of the style and expression, but i don't think the technical details can be improved much from what the band did early on. the band has some aesthetic changes and different emphasizes, but i don't they they have or could get better. things should change if the band has something they want to express and they have to change it or get better and more refined at expressing what they are doing, but i don't think there is a great deal of room for quality advancement in what rhapsody was doing. they did make changes in delivery from album to album.
dude when i mean improve I wasnt talking about technical or instrumental skills, I was talking about taking new direction in writing arrangments that kind of stuff that are more Production and songwriter territories.

icecab21 wrote:improvement is subjective once the musical level is at a certain point. they fuse many different styles of music together and some of the styles are about very different things. neoclassical is certainly not a style of it was done once and shall never be done again, but a tribute to elements of music done before. it would be interesting to hear the difference between what bands compose and what bands release. there has to be a balance of what what a person composes and likes and what a audience will buy. a rhythm section can only play so tight and leads can only be so well developed before going into personal style.
yeah there is certain factor X in each muical style, but that is why producers gets the big bucks, to find and improve a band sound a spotting the good songs that kind of things, everyone can push the REC button, but very few can develope a song, nice examples? phil spector, miko karmilla and martin birch, not to metion the awesome george martin.
icecab21 wrote:well i was talking metal bands with history of over 10 years and the few years it took them to start

safe to say beiber has more resources and a bigger target market behind him than metal bands have had. he did start him momentum by lots of acoustic shows for teen radio stations, not many metal bands can do that.

i'm saying the songs are each different songs, not that they are cool songs, just that they are not releasing the same songs or the same thing.

what kinds of room for improvement do you think there is?
sometimes I take Pop music examples because most of the metal and rock fans (im not saying you) think that pop and metal are the total opposites , and while, yeah, they are on different sides of an spectre they are in the same game, the oh so evil music industry, and most of the time they play by the same rules, yes they put your favorite band to do things they dont really want or back up.

room for improvement? well other example, back in the late 60s when rock music was dominated by beatles rip offs and psicodelia who knew that a little band called black sabbath would spawn a new genre? and after that zeppelin mixed it with folk, an so on and on...for a band like rhapsody is a though job because they decided to stay in the four walls of their kingdom, so anything that is not fantasy-themed is left out.
some ideas on the top of my mind would be mix some of what they do with some of the things that Ritchie blackmore is doing these days, with old instruments and stuff., and please less double bass and less operatic things.
A9

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:43 am

adrian9 wrote:less operatic things.
Like this: perv ?

???
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:36 am

AGAG wrote:
adrian9 wrote:less operatic things.
Like this: perv ?

???
Nicely done.

Just like...

THIS!!!!

perv

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:55 am

I didnt say the band should quit, but yeah, they should quit.
like...FINALLY!! this band had like 5 years of grace , they should had dissapeared quite sometime ago.
a band can dissapear without quitting? fans should listen to you and not like them since you don't like them? what are you saying here?
dude when i mean improve I wasnt talking about technical or instrumental skills, I was talking about taking new direction in writing arrangments that kind of stuff that are more Production and songwriter territories.
well you did say the production improved. the goal of the band was not to write in a very different direction, but i think each has it's own where people can tell which cd it was from production wise. the cds have some different emphasis on different things such as some more symphonic and less metal and some more metal and less symphonic. some of the cds took a lot more tracks than others.
yeah there is certain factor X in each muical style, but that is why producers gets the big bucks, to find and improve a band sound a spotting the good songs that kind of things, everyone can push the REC button, but very few can develope a song, nice examples? phil spector, miko karmilla and martin birch, not to metion the awesome george martin.
i don't think the band or thousands of fans are complaining about what they put out or the production. the band members do talk about how they like the production on new albums more. the role of producer must be something that fits the bands goals.
sometimes I take Pop music examples because most of the metal and rock fans (im not saying you) think that pop and metal are the total opposites , and while, yeah, they are on different sides of an spectre they are in the same game, the oh so evil music industry, and most of the time they play by the same rules, yes they put your favorite band to do things they dont really want or back up.
a lot more common with rock and metal and pop than some like to give credit to. metal bands have to put a balance and usually have common values for the importance of melody and rythem or super developed song forms or experimental.
room for improvement? well other example, back in the late 60s when rock music was dominated by beatles rip offs and psicodelia who knew that a little band called black sabbath would spawn a new genre? and after that zeppelin mixed it with folk, an so on and on...for a band like rhapsody is a though job because they decided to stay in the four walls of their kingdom, so anything that is not fantasy-themed is left out.
some ideas on the top of my mind would be mix some of what they do with some of the things that Ritchie blackmore is doing these days, with old instruments and stuff., and please less double bass and less operatic things.
they have ended the saga so that will let them break out of those walls of the saga. fantasy lyrics in general are big walls and i think it's fair to have people write about what they want.

the part about less double bass, the majority of their music does not have double bass, but they do have speed metal as part of who they are so double bass is only logical

less operatic, well that's the vocals for the band, operatic is seen as a value for western music and this music and is again only logical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSKcuBJbxB0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF5DoAY6JQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsqoSc-UxU0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrQ_SYPr6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EvVYGiiug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZrtjzyzRo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh6WFgfKDZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A8TbEkpeMo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjHg1dbLvc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2qrStysF_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5gu7XRdKs

maybe this could be their next album, don't have to worry about speed metal values here.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:56 am

icecab21 wrote:a band can dissapear without quitting? fans should listen to you and not like them since you don't like them? what are you saying here?
hell yeah! like red hot chilli peppers did when frusiante left the first time, they dissapeared and came back stronger than ever, Guns and roses also did it...is band language is called "hiatus". i dont think Rhapsody fans should listen to my, it was my opinion, I dont consider myself a rhapsody fan although I enjoy some of his music.

icecab21 wrote: well you did say the production improved. the goal of the band was not to write in a very different direction, but i think each has it's own where people can tell which cd it was from production wise. the cds have some different emphasis on different things such as some more symphonic and less metal and some more metal and less symphonic. some of the cds took a lot more tracks than others.
when you got sascha paeth on your side is almost impossible to fail production - wise, yeah I think in the early days you can see the band growing big big time and building up, the thing and my main point is that I think they reached a peak of what they can do in that style of music a while ago.

icecab21 wrote:i don't think the band or thousands of fans are complaining about what they put out or the production. the band members do talk about how they like the production on new albums more. the role of producer must be something that fits the bands goals.
yeah I totally agree on this, furthermore, the producer should demand perfection from the artist a capture those special moments on tape.
icecab21 wrote:a lot more common with rock and metal and pop than some like to give credit to. metal bands have to put a balance and usually have common values for the importance of melody and rythem or super developed song forms or experimental.
sure thing the advantage of the metal or rock bands is that nobody comes to tell you what to sing and you got a little more creative control, other than that is almost the same game of promotion, marketing and stuff like that like paying to radio or tv to put your song on.

icecab21 wrote:they have ended the saga so that will let them break out of those walls of the saga. fantasy lyrics in general are big walls and i think it's fair to have people write about what they want.

the part about less double bass, the majority of their music does not have double bass, but they do have speed metal as part of who they are so double bass is only logical

less operatic, well that's the vocals for the band, operatic is seen as a value for western music and this music and is again only logical

maybe this could be their next album, don't have to worry about speed metal values here.
yeah the saga ended like past year or something I find them boring like 5 years ago....I think is a good chance to do some new stuff but Im almost sure they wont do it., and If I have to say why, I probably blame the record label.
I just was throwing Ideas, some of the videos were cool but I was talking more about this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3voGI4_KgmM
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:33 am

the change in guitar players will make a difference i think. luca wrote the lyrics as well so that creates a different dynamic in the band to not have him. the new guitar player likes the romantic era more than luca

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:01 am

icecab21 wrote:the change in guitar players will make a difference i think. luca wrote the lyrics as well so that creates a different dynamic in the band to not have him. the new guitar player likes the romantic era more than luca
Who is the most retarded forumer?

Arnold Layne