Agalloch

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Shurik
Agalloch

Post by Shurik » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:16 pm

I saw them live yesterday, they played a special double-sized show, with 2 separate setlists - one with songs from Ashes Against The Grain and Marrow Of The Spirit and another with songs from The Mantle, Pale Folklore and various EPs.

I love this band and as much as they are great on disk, they are ever greater live. I've seen very few shows with so much emotion coming from the musicians. This wasn't a regular metal show, it was an almost religious experience.

They don't make a lot of live shows, so if you have even the slightest chance to see them live, do it.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

browneyedgirl

Re: Agalloch

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 am

Sounds cool, Shurik! :headbang: My youngest son is a fan of this band, and played a lot of their music before he left home. They sounded pretty good to me, a little unique in my opinion. Is their music classed as Folk Metal?

Shurik

Re: Agalloch

Post by Shurik » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:57 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Sounds cool, Shurik! :headbang: My youngest son is a fan of this band, and played a lot of their music before he left home. They sounded pretty good to me, a little unique in my opinion. Is their music classed as Folk Metal?
It's hard to define their genre. It's a mix of folk, black, doom and all sorts of experimental and avantgarde rock. It's not the kind of folk you hear from various Scandinavian or Celtic bands. It is very unique.

I'd recommend The Mantle as a good starting point in getting to know them. It is, IMO, one of the best albums ever created, in any genre.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose