What would YOU do? Self-defense, or not?

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
browneyedgirl
What would YOU do? Self-defense, or not?

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 pm

http://www.facebook.com/whntnews19/post ... 6081301045

In Oklahoma, an intruder wielding a knife tried for over 20 minutes to break into a woman's home. While the woman and her baby were locked in the house, she called 911 and asked if she could shoot the intruder. They told her she could, so once the intruder got into the house, she shot and killed him. Do you think the responders gave the woman the correct advice, or should she have waited on police? Leave your thoughts here.

Actually it was 2 intruders, and they must've really wanted something in that house to have tried over 20 minutes to get in! She claimed the guy had been stalking her for months, and she recently lost her husband to cancer, so she did not have the patience to deal with this bullshit. The other intruder involved is going to be charged with the guy's murder even though the woman inside killed him. Oh, well. I guess juvies in that state will think twice before they try to break in somebody's house.

What would I have done? Probably tried to run out the back door, and if they pursued me I'd probably shot one, in the leg I guess. It would have been self defense. And if a child is involved, a woman is going to do anything to protect that child.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeverendingAbyss

Re: What would YOU do? Self-defense, or not?

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:40 pm

It is self-defense. Good for her.

Now if she shot the man to the knee, he wouldn't be an adventurer anymore.

:shake: I hate that joke so much...

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Redneck drama.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 pm

hahaha redneck drama...

yeah shoot the mother fucker in the head, whos counting on the police these days? there is no moral questions if your life (and your babys) is on the line.
A9

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 pm

why didn't the police come?

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:30 pm

I would've thrown a dog at him.
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:35 am

doc_holliday wrote:why didn't the police come?
Too busy eating donuts and pinching waitresses asses I guess. :D Seriously, that was the big question of the situation, they did not show up for over 20 minutes and by then the guy was dead. The 911 lady said for her to do what she could to protect her family.
This is all well and good if the intruder is a criminal but there have been family members shot by other family members coming in late at night, forgetting a key, disobeying curfew, drunk etc.
I would've thrown a dog at him.
:lol: Yeah, a pit bull!
Seriously, thieves have said if a big barking dog is around they are less likely to rob a home but the hardcore guys just feed the dog a steak to shut him up, or if they have a silencer, shoot the dog. I guess it depends on how desperate the criminal is. :err:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Shurik

Post by Shurik » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 pm

Totally self-defence. She was right and I would do the same.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:24 pm

In Finland police would have absolutely denied shooting intruder. And if the woman still had shot the intruder she would be in court for murder!

In Finland you can't use any kind of violence to prevent a crime. If a crime is happening you are allowed to use only necessary forcible measures to stop the crime. Using a stronger weapon against attacker is also against the law (lethal weapon against non-lethal weapon)

In Finland we have very tight laws about weapons, especially about hand guns becouse of some reason school shootings. Carrying or owning a weapon for self difence is allowed only for polices, body guards etc.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Tero-75 wrote:In Finland police would have absolutely denied shooting intruder. And if the woman still had shot the intruder she would be in court for murder!

In Finland you can't use any kind of violence to prevent a crime. If a crime is happening you are allowed to use only necessary forcible measures to stop the crime. Using a stronger weapon against attacker is also against the law (lethal weapon against non-lethal weapon)

In Finland we have very tight laws about weapons, especially about hand guns becouse of some reason school shootings. Carrying or owning a weapon for self difence is allowed only for polices, body guards etc.
If you ask me, these laws are utter bullshit. What was she going to do, get into knife-fight against the two intruders? Let them in and hope they won't do any physical harm to her or her baby? You should absolutely have the right to defend yourself, other people and/or your property in a case like this.

/redneckery

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Redneck drama? :lol: No, I don't think so. Things of this nature happen all over the world. :)

This case has gone viral, showing on the national news and all. Next thing will be a TV-movie with Mariska Hargitay playing the victim. :D And I'll bet the victim will be making the talk show circuit very soon :wink: and the NRA will want her for their poster child.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:40 pm

if you break into a house, you die, it's simple. don't break in, don't die, also simple. sounds like she shot in defense. now if a person gives up and is no longer a threat and are killed anyway, then charges are ok.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:43 pm

I think it was normal what that woman did. If it was me, I would do the same. Now there's one motherfucker less in the world.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:22 am

It has been determined that the 2 men were high on drugs and were trying to break in to steal cash, or something material to sell to get funds to fuel their drug habit. I think alot will be discovered in the days to come because there were a rash of break-ins in that area. I don't think that was the first robbery they attempted.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:12 am

browneyedgirl wrote:It has been determined that the 2 men were high on drugs and were trying to break in to steal cash, or something material to sell to get funds to fuel their drug habit. I think alot will be discovered in the days to come because there were a rash of break-ins in that area. I don't think that was the first robbery they attempted.
shoot them :x
A9

miditek

Post by miditek » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:28 pm

The young mom in Oklahoma was simply doing what she had to do to protect herself and her child from a pair of white-trash pieces of meth-head shit. She won't be (nor should she be) prosecuted.

Meanwhile in N.C., .....another good hunting story.

14 year old boy shoots, kills one of four ape intruders in North Carolina

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1ifOP7NG0

NC's "Castle Doctrine" law will protect him from being prosecuted. Doubtlessly, the dead perpetrator's morbidly obese welfare-queen mammie will soon be in the news (with her NAACP lawyers in tow) wailing, "He din do nuffin. He wuz a good boy. Why did he have to die?"

Why? The appropriate response to that question (in the Southern vernacular) is:

"Cause he needed killin'" ;)
Κύριε ἐλέησον

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:00 pm

miditek wrote:14 year old boy shoots, kills one of four ape intruders in North Carolina

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Guess what the Number one requested, and bought Christmas gift this past Christmas?

Yep, GUNS! ;)

Saknet

Post by Saknet » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:23 pm

As a psychology student I can tell something is clearly wrong with you if you have to break in to people's homes. I would've sat down with them and discussed their childhood.

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Saknet wrote:As a psychology student I can tell something is clearly wrong with you if you have to break in to people's homes. I would've sat down with them and discussed my childhood.
I fixed it for you.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Saknet wrote:As a psychology student I can tell something is clearly wrong with you if you have to break in to people's homes. I would've sat down with them and discussed their childhood.
which university are you studying in? I'd like to study psychology in university

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Saknet wrote:As a psychology student I can tell something is clearly wrong with you if you have to break in to people's homes. I would've sat down with them and discussed their childhood.
I heard there was some major advancements in Ass-ertive personality disorders whose findings may not be so detrimental to this forum in its current state. Being a student, you could maybe start an ass-experiment in which all of us are wholly submitting subjects, willingly or unwillingly! Or has that been done to death here already??
---...---