The Obama Thread: All Things Obama

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Has Barack Obama been a good President?

Yes!
32%
No!
28%
He's OK, but there is room for improvement.
40%

Total votes: 25

NeonVomit
Re: The Obama Thread: All Things Obama

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:08 pm

browneyedgirl wrote: ME informative and insightful? :err: Man, I'm losing my touch. :~( :lol:
:lol: you're informative and insightful by accident, it seems!

Back on topic (and therefore to something worth talking about), do you think people will begin to see any benefits of the new healthcare legislation within the next 4 months? Or will they be too pissed off at the downsides? Will it actually be an issue to swing enough voters to make a large impact? I mean, I'm trying to figure out what Romney is going to reply to critics of his approach - after all, he DID do something pretty similar when he was governor of Massachacssacawhatever.

I have to say, it's refreshing to have a real, tangible issue at the heart of the election, as opposed to pointless things like gay marriage and whatnot. And elections over there are waaaaay more interesting than the snoozefest we have over here, unless Boris Johnson is involved in which case it's pretty funny.

(p.s. miditek - after actually giving this some thought for the first time ever, I've decided to put you on ignore... it's a shame for you to go on ruining decent threads. I really hope you get the help you need with your aggression, histrionic and other mental issues, it's not an easy thing to get over. Perhaps this link gives you some assistance.

In another life, I may have called you friend. Remember, replying to this or anything else I write is pointless and just further proves what I've said!)
the rest of the forum wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/76RrdwElnTU?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/76RrdwElnTU?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 pm

NeonVomit wrote:(p.s. miditek - after actually giving this some thought for the first time ever, I've decided to put you on ignore... it's a shame for you to go on ruining decent threads.

Cretin, you have stomped all over a great many threads yourself in the past.
NeonVomit wrote:I really hope you get the help you need with your aggression, histrionic and other mental issues, it's not an easy thing to get over. Perhaps this link gives you some assistance.
The only thing that you hope for is that your Communist comrades are successful, so please save your crocodile tears for another day.
NeonVomit wrote:In another life, I may have called you friend. Remember, replying to this or anything else I write is pointless and just further proves what I've said!)

It proves nothing, my loud-mouthed Young Pioneer, and I'm quite confident that you'll be toggling your ignore list just to check responses, regardless of whether you reply to them or not.

Don't forget to send your Obungler campaign contributions to: http://www.cpusa.org/ , Tovarsich.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am

At least in this forum both sides get a chance to voice their side of a discussion without being accused of hate, etc. unlike some forums in the past seemingly ran by the New Age Witchy Women's Cult. :lol:

I don't think miditek has ruined this thread. Like I say, a discussion is no harm, and arguments are better than an empty forum due to boredom, or being afraid to speak out with fear of being banned or chewed out for your own opinion, or belief.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:08 am

Wow, I was being informative? And here I thought my only purpose here was to show pictures of strange locations. :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:12 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Wow, I was being informative? And here I thought my only purpose here was to show pictures of strange locations. :lol:
More than you know! :D

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 am

4 more years!!!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:44 pm

I never seriously doubted he'd be re-elected. Romney seemed like too much of an android and I find Mormons too fundamentally funny.

Fox News' coverage has been utterly hilarious.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 pm

I am so glad, and relieved, that Obama got re-elected! :bigok: However, I am sooooooooooooooooooo ashamed that my state, and the whole South seem to still be living in the dark ages. :roll: Red is my fav color but NOT when it comes to politics! :D

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:43 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:I am so glad, and relieved, that Obama got re-elected! :bigok: However, I am sooooooooooooooooooo ashamed that my state, and the whole South seem to still be living in the dark ages. :roll: Red is my fav color but NOT when it comes to politics! :D
truer words BEG
it seems like the republicans were really excited about romney, im also glad that obama got re elected.
A9

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Did you guys put Miditek on suicide watch, yet?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Please don't.
Here is how it will happen. On the morning of November 7, a reelected President Obama will do … nothing. For the next 53 days, nothing. And then, on January 1, 2013, we will all awake to a different, substantially more liberal country. The Bush tax cuts will have disappeared, restoring Clinton-era tax rates and flooding government coffers with revenue to fund its current operations for years to come. The military will be facing dire budget cuts that shake the military-industrial complex to its core. It will be a real-world approximation of the old liberal bumper-sticker fantasy in which schools have all the money they require and the Pentagon needs to hold a bake sale.

All this can come to pass because, while Obama has spent the last two years surrendering short-term policy concessions, he has been quietly hoarding a fortune in the equivalent of a political trust fund that comes due on the first of the year. At that point, he will reside in a political world he finds at most mildly uncomfortable and the Republicans consider a hellish dystopia. Then he’ll be ready to make a deal.
And we have David Cameron as a PM. Pity us.

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:17 am

NeonVomit wrote:I never seriously doubted he'd be re-elected. Romney seemed like too much of an android and I find Mormons too fundamentally funny.

Fox News' coverage has been utterly hilarious.
You'll truly be Neon from the radiation fallout after Israel nukes the goatfuckers. Obungler won the election, but will preside over WWIII being ignited for failing to stop Iran while there was time.

You won't be such a smug little cocksucker then, will you? :lol:
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:15 pm

Also, Romney apparently has Scientologist leanings, if his favourite book is anything to judge by. I say this because nobody can actually like that book on its own merit, as it is unreadable trash.

I think the biggest sign of this election was that ignoring minorities will come back to haunt you. I mean, the US will be something like 30% Hispanic in the next few decades if current trends keep up... ignore them at your peril. A black president now, how long before a President Sanchez or Gomez? There are two Hispanic Supreme Court Justices already (Alito and Sotomayor)... it's only a matter of time. This was the last election in which the Republicans had a chance of winning while only focusing on the white vote; from here on out they'll have to try to get minorities onboard.
And maybe stop saying stupid things about rape.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:13 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Also, Romney apparently has Scientologist leanings, if his favourite book is anything to judge by. I say this because nobody can actually like that book on its own merit, as it is unreadable trash.

I think the biggest sign of this election was that ignoring minorities will come back to haunt you. I mean, the US will be something like 30% Hispanic in the next few decades if current trends keep up... ignore them at your peril. A black president now, how long before a President Sanchez or Gomez? There are two Hispanic Supreme Court Justices already (Alito and Sotomayor)... it's only a matter of time. This was the last election in which the Republicans had a chance of winning while only focusing on the white vote; from here on out they'll have to try to get minorities onboard.
And maybe stop saying stupid things about rape.
It's not so much that republicans liked Romney, it's just they hated Obama just for being Black. You are right about Hispanics, and more Whites are inter-marrying with Hispanics, too. White women, and men more and more are marrying them. Also, orientals as well. In 50 years the pure White race will be 80% gone. There is nothing that haters can do about it. So, Republicans better find more valid arguments for hate than race. :wink:

And as for WW3, rushing into a country stirring up stuff will start a war quicker than anything. At this point I don't think USA has anything to worry about from Iran. Just stay cool, bear a watchful eye and try to stay on good terms with these countries.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:06 am

It's not so much that republicans liked Romney, it's just they hated Obama just for being Black.
^THIS.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 am

they hate obama for the content of his character, not for the color of his skin.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:20 pm

:lol: When you people in the USA, refer to hispanics, what do you mean?

1- South american people speaking spanish.
2- South american people speaking spanish mixed with some spanish (some kind of mulatto? )

And what about Mexico, that is North America too, isn't it? Are they hispanics or mexicanics or what? :lol:

What's a latino for you? A man/woman from Italy or Spain going to USA, or just people from south america dancing salsa (because they speak spanish) ?

I mean, I'm 100% hispanic, I'm 100% Latin, so I'd like to know if I would be considered hispanic in the USA, or just spanish, or just european or just extraterrestrial, or just an Stratovarius and robolol fan.

:D :D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Hell, I'm not even sure what Hispanic means, to be honest. The US now has the second largest Spanish speaking population in the world, behind Mexico and ahead of Colombia. I suppose the broadest definition for a Hispanic is 'a person for whom Spanish is the first language', i.e. over 50 million people in the US, which is like putting everyone from Africa in one huge category, overlooking the thousands of tribal, cultural, linguistic and religious differences.

Just because people all speak the same language and even have the same religion it doesn't mean that they will vote the same way or even get along (look at the Arabs, they're mostly Muslims and they have a keen eagerness to blow each other up over... well, nothing.)

My mother is Colombian, does that make me half-Hispanic? There are other German-Jewish roots on that side of the family as well, and everyone else can trace their linage to within around 10 miles of Barcelona... could you put me in the same ethnic category as someone from Mexico or Cuba or Costa Rica?

You would think the Republicans could rely on Hispanic votes - they generally seem like ideal Republican voters: family-orientated, devout Christian anti-abortion, enterprising. It may be time for Republicans to drop the anti-Hispanic illegal immigrant scaremongering and face the realities, and try to get them involved. They cannot go on simply trying to appeal to 'pure' whites.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:35 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Hell, I'm not even sure what Hispanic means, to be honest. The US now has the second largest Spanish speaking population in the world, behind Mexico and ahead of Colombia. I suppose the broadest definition for a Hispanic is 'a person for whom Spanish is the first language', i.e. over 50 million people in the US, which is like putting everyone from Africa in one huge category, overlooking the thousands of tribal, cultural, linguistic and religious differences.

Just because people all speak the same language and even have the same religion it doesn't mean that they will vote the same way or even get along (look at the Arabs, they're mostly Muslims and they have a keen eagerness to blow each other up over... well, nothing.)

My mother is Colombian, does that make me half-Hispanic? There are other German-Jewish roots on that side of the family as well, and everyone else can trace their linage to within around 10 miles of Barcelona... could you put me in the same ethnic category as someone from Mexico or Cuba or Costa Rica?

You would think the Republicans could rely on Hispanic votes - they generally seem like ideal Republican voters: family-orientated, devout Christian anti-abortion, enterprising. It may be time for Republicans to drop the anti-Hispanic illegal immigrant scaremongering and face the realities, and try to get them involved. They cannot go on simply trying to appeal to 'pure' whites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic

In understand what you mean. But for me (us) spaniards, being from "Hispania"... is really funny all of these. It is all because of the spanish empire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Empire

When the spaniards went to south america, etc, etc, etc...and a lot of things from Spain (language, costumes, construction, religion) were introduced there. i mean, the typical things that people has been doing from the very beginning.

But for me, what is "funny" is to see how they call hispanic or latin to people from south america being (not white ¿?) and speaking spanish. and the only true is that the hispanics are we, spaniards, and latins are spaniards and italians mainly and other countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_Europe

And it is all about the roman empire, romance languages and the catholic church. So, it's curious, cause I had an aunt (RIP) that was living in Ohio (he was married with an american and went to live with him 40 years ago) and I have 4 cousins that are spanish-american (of course they are american because they were born there), but what are they? hispanics too? :lol: And what am I, a true hispanic and the south american people are "hispanics"? :D

I'd like to know what am I for people from the usa: hispanic,spanish, european, or descendant from Hernán Cortés :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:55 pm

My point exactly! It's a blanket term and as such is loosely defined. I mean, they could just say 'Mexicans' and cover about 60% of that demographic :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm

NeonVomit wrote:My point exactly! It's a blanket term and as such is loosely defined. I mean, they could just say 'Mexicans' and cover about 60% of that demographic :D
Exactly. Hispanic covers Cubans, Mexicans, South Americans, but, Spanish is the term for people from Spain, Puerto Rican for people from Puerto Rico, etc.
It's like the term Oriental--it's a blanket term also for Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc.

I guess alot of people in the world have a blanket term for USAers: Dumbass. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Contrary to popular belief, dumbasses are a common demographic pretty much everywhere. (Over here the preferred nomenclature is "Manchester United supporters")

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:11 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Contrary to popular belief, dumbasses are a common demographic pretty much everywhere. (Over here the preferred nomenclature is "Manchester United supporters")
:lol: Clearly...you are living in London!!

Dumbasses over here are called: "Real Madrid supporters" :D

Now that I think about it, I suppose Jörg was happy the other day while watching his Borussia :D

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 pm

RazielSR wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Contrary to popular belief, dumbasses are a common demographic pretty much everywhere. (Over here the preferred nomenclature is "Manchester United supporters")
:lol: Clearly...you are living in London!!

Dumbasses over here are called: "Real Madrid supporters" :D

Now that I think about it, I suppose Jörg was happy the other day while watching his Borussia :D
Actually I support Liverpool (SHUT UP) because Ian Rush was the best player in the world when I was eight, so that explains it ;) anyone but United, man, anyone but United.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:39 am

icecab21 wrote:they hate obama for the content of his character, not for the color of his skin.
Yeah, he is for all the things they are against: gay marriage, universal healthcare, equal rights for everyone, raising taxes on the rich, helping the truly needy and elderly, etc. etc. The same ol' differences in ideology that will probably go on until the end of time. :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:59 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
icecab21 wrote:they hate obama for the content of his character, not for the color of his skin.
Yeah, he is for all the things they are against: gay marriage, universal healthcare, equal rights for everyone, raising taxes on the rich, helping the truly needy and elderly, etc. etc. The same ol' differences in ideology that will probably go on until the end of time. :)
yeah obama makes so much sense, i think that is what they hate, they cant fool people anymore, and they cant fool obama, so they hate him.

on the other topic I think Latin is a term for us guys from central america to the argentinian patagonia (I believe mexico consider themselves as part of north america,(the continent not the nation.)) i think hispanic its a more wide term a pretty much would involve anybody who speaks spanish..now a spanish guy being latin.......dude you gotta have rythm to be latin dont be silly.
:roll:
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 am

Who needs latin rhythm when you got...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:16 am

the rebublican meaning of hispanic is something around " if we did not let them or the blacks or women vote, we would have won"

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:16 am

:lol: :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 am

Hispanic is basically anyone of descent from Spanish-speaking countries.

I would call you "Spanish" because you are from Spain. Obviously as I am half-Mexican, we would both be considered "Hispanics", but I realize that people from Mexico do not consider themselves the same as people from Spain, and vice-versa.

Honestly, I think it's a stupid way to categorize people, or a way for racist white folks to lump together yet another group that they have no tolerance for. :eyes