The Obama Thread: All Things Obama

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.

Has Barack Obama been a good President?

Yes!
32%
No!
28%
He's OK, but there is room for improvement.
40%

Total votes: 25

icecab21
Re: The Obama Thread: All Things Obama

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 pm

republicans are for helping people with their own money

democrats are for helping people with ( or even to)other peoples money

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:42 pm

icecab21 wrote:the rebublican meaning of hispanic is something around " if we did not let them or the blacks or women vote, we would have won"
:lol: True. But, actually there are lots of Republicans of every race.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:28 pm

adrian9 wrote:spanish..now a spanish guy being latin.......dude you gotta have rythm to be latin dont be silly.
:roll:
Seriously, how can you be THAT ignorant? Are you real?
Do you REALLY think that LATIN means a south american guy who dances salsa?

You are latin because you speak a LATIN language and because you were invaded and conquered by LATINS and the whole culture you had was almost (sadly) erased from the map, and that contains language, religion, and thousands of other tings.

Then you can say that in south america (your latin america) you have some kind of "tribal" dances mixed with Spanish language that make you be that way. But don`t tell me , that I'm not latin, cause I'm a full blooded latin.

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard in my whole life. Dude, go back to school again if you have ever gone to :lol: :lol: :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm

republicans are for helping people with their own money
Sorry, but who have Republicans helped besides themselves? I am so tired of hearing that argument, that "oh, don't tax us on things like Social Security and welfare, we'll help those people on our own!" Yeah, right. If you're complaining that much about tax money, then you certainly won't give the same amount of your own free will.

I don't think everything in this world should be taxed, but I will never understand the fantasy-land conservatives live in where nothing should ever be taxed and yet somehow things get paid for. If we left everything to the private sector, we'd still be riding horses and buggies because they'd be too stingy to build roads! And hospitals or schools? Forget about it!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:05 pm

RazielSR wrote:
adrian9 wrote:spanish..now a spanish guy being latin.......dude you gotta have rythm to be latin dont be silly.

You are latin because you speak a LATIN language and because you were invaded and conquered by LATINS and the whole culture you had was almost (sadly) erased from the map, and that contains language, religion, and thousands of other tings.

Then you can say that in south america (your latin america) you have some kind of "tribal" dances mixed with Spanish language that make you be that way. But don`t tell me , that I'm not latin, cause I'm a full blooded latin.

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard in my whole life. Dude, go back to school again if you have ever gone to :lol: :lol: :lol:
excuse me sir,

first,if you want to be hyper correct then you have mistaken Latin (the language) with Latino (the ethnic) as evidenced in here
RazielSR wrote:I'd like to know what am I for people from the usa: hispanic,spanish, european, or descendant from Hernán Cortés
second, if you want to be "historically accurate" or you want to get to the roots of what latin means, then go ahead, and be free to consider yourself a "latin" or "latino" and keep that book or wikipedia open at anytime.

third, im pretty sure if you get here (because I am latino you see) in south america, with all your europeaness and have the balls to call yourself a latin or latino im pretty sure everybody will laught at you and I defy you or any other to get angry at them and pick a fight over what latin means.

Furthermore, i just graduated from university my illuminated friend.

in other words you want to be more latino than a latino=? hahhaa
go home HISPANIC you are drunk.

por que te la quieres dar de erudito?? en serio? estas haciendo el ridiculo.
A9

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:49 am

adrian9 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

excuse me sir,

first,if you want to be hyper correct then you have mistaken Latin (the language) with Latino (the ethnic) as evidenced in here
RazielSR wrote:I'd like to know what am I for people from the usa: hispanic,spanish, european, or descendant from Hernán Cortés
second, if you want to be "historically accurate" or you want to get to the roots of what latin means, then go ahead, and be free to consider yourself a "latin" or "latino" and keep that book or wikipedia open at anytime.

third, im pretty sure if you get here (because I am latino you see) in south america, with all your europeaness and have the balls to call yourself a latin or latino im pretty sure everybody will laught at you and I defy you or any other to get angry at them and pick a fight over what latin means.

Furthermore, i just graduated from university my illuminated friend.

in other words you want to be more latino than a latino=? hahhaa
go home HISPANIC you are drunk.

por que te la quieres dar de erudito?? en serio? estas haciendo el ridiculo.
Well, here is just some evidence of the kind of guy you are. If you are talking here and if you are not jumping in the wilderness as you all were in 1492, it is because latin people went there and taught you how to speak a latin language and situated you in the real period of time, and yes you are graduated in the Venezuelan university I suppose and you have now nothing else to do than try to explain what latin means to me.
How can you be that retarded. You are LATIN because LATINS went to the south america wilderness and found people jumping in the forest and started to create the same nation they had in europe (New Spain) . You are latin of course, but you are latin because your original culture was changed into a latin culture. But you have invented another reality as if you were the original latins or something, and you think latin means a mulatto from south america with "rythm" (see salsa, merengue and all that pseudo aboriginal dances sung in spanish ; well, your spanish from SA (plenty of incorrect words in spanish) and you come here telling me that the real latin are you. Latino is a word used to describe people who speak a latin language called spanish and have a religion based on the Catholic Church, plus a lot of other things. It is like if I called a Roman, "hey hey! I'm more Roman than you cause you eat too much pizza and you don't eat paella".

And for going to south america, it is not necessary to go, in Spain there are a lot of south americans, 75% of them killling each other in the streets. Of course there are good people too, and I myself can say that I have nothing against south american people, but you are just not being correct. What's your surname? "Tenochtitlan" or just a spanish surname? What are the most common surnames in Venezuela, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Perú, Ecuador, etc, etc, etc, etc? I suppose a latin surname, from the branch of spanish.

You are latin, but you are latin because spaniards (for good and for bad) made you be latin, never forget that.

How can someone be that retarted and say something like:
spanish..now a spanish guy being latin.......

You are retarted, fortunately you are not like the vast majority of the people from South America (let's hope).

Por qué te la quieres dar de erudito?? en serio? estás haciendo el ridículo.
Fixed.

And hey, your name is Adrian or Adrián? :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 am

I have been following your conversation which by the way I find very interesting.
Adrian, it's you who has to know what a latin person is and nobody else, because it is only you who mistakes that term and therefore, is ridiculous.
I quote you:
adrian9 wrote: on the other topic I think Latin is a term for us guys from central america to the argentinian patagonia
So what the hell are you saying now about having an encyclopedia at hand or whatever?
Well, in the same way if you ever get to be here, don't ever dare to call yourself latin people because we will laugh at you for sure. It is like stating that if English is spoken in England it is thanks to the people from the USA and not the other way around, as simple as that.
It's not a matter about being accurate or not, it's just history and reality, and if you mistake the term as you always did, it might happen that one day someone will tell you that you are wrong. If you ever talk about latin countries people will get you wring and think you are referring to France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Romania...Next time you will call yourselves Mediterranean people
It is simply ridiculous.
In English there are two different terms to refer to two different concepts:
Latin people: people from latin countries who speak a language that comes from Latin, i.e: Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian and Romanian people. At the same time, they also share a more-or-less similar culture. Actually Latin comes from Latium, a region in Italy where the latin language was born. People from there were also called latins. Then they invaded the whole italian peninsula, Hispania, some parts of Gallia...all these territoties in one, the Roman Empire.
Latinos: abbreviation of latinoamericans: people from latinoamerican countries who speak a language which comes from Latin, descendants from latin people who colonised those countries.

My question is: is also a godsforsaken tribe in a southamerican jungle latino? They don't speak any language coming from a latin one, and they haven't inherited any culture coming from a latin one.

Latin countries in blue:

Latinoamerican countries:
Image :D

In English there is a similar problem which by the way you seem not to give a fuck about when they simply call themselves americans referring to the people who live in the USA, and an Argentinian or Mexican person is as american as someone living in NYC.All they are American, but for more accuracy, some are North Americans, others Central Americans and others South Americans, but as long as nobody complains, everything is ok and the only Americans are those from the USA.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:35 am

^Actually, I am aware that everyone in South/North/Central America are called Americans. Although maybe people in the U.S. call themselves "Americans" because "United Statesians" doesn't sound right? I really don't know.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm

RazielSR wrote:Well, here is just some evidence of the kind of guy you are. If you are talking here and if you are not jumping in the wilderness as you all were in 1492, it is because latin people went there and taught you how to speak a latin language and situated you in the real period of time, and yes you are graduated in the Venezuelan university I suppose and you have now nothing else to do than try to explain what latin means to me.
How can you be that retarded. You are LATIN because LATINS went to the south america wilderness and found people jumping in the forest and started to create the same nation they had in europe (New Spain) . You are latin of course, but you are latin because your original culture was changed into a latin culture. But you have invented another reality as if you were the original latins or something, and you think latin means a mulatto from south america with "rythm" (see salsa, merengue and all that pseudo aboriginal dances sung in spanish ; well, your spanish from SA (plenty of incorrect words in spanish) and you come here telling me that the real latin are you. Latino is a word used to describe people who speak a latin language called spanish and have a religion based on the Catholic Church, plus a lot of other things. It is like if I called a Roman, "hey hey! I'm more Roman than you cause you eat too much pizza and you don't eat paella".

And for going to south america, it is not necessary to go, in Spain there are a lot of south americans, 75% of them killling each other in the streets. Of course there are good people too, and I myself can say that I have nothing against south american people, but you are just not being correct. What's your surname? "Tenochtitlan" or just a spanish surname? What are the most common surnames in Venezuela, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Perú, Ecuador, etc, etc, etc, etc? I suppose a latin surname, from the branch of spanish.

You are latin, but you are latin because spaniards (for good and for bad) made you be latin, never forget that.

How can someone be that retarted and say something like: spanish..now a spanish guy being latin.......

You are retarted, fortunately you are not like the vast majority of the people from South America (let's hope).
Por qué te la quieres dar de erudito?? en serio? estás haciendo el ridículo.

Fixed.

And hey, your name is Adrian or Adrián? :lol:
dude if this means so much too you, then ok you are Latin/Latino for gods sake..how am i to keep your dream from you... gosh.

also,
You are retarted...
How can someone be that retarted..
I know you feel good with that concept of being safe behind the computer screen when you can write anything you want and sort of get away with it, but let me give you a free tip, respect and manners will keep you in one piece when interacting with other latin/latinos.

here lies a two piece puzzle who seems to be pretty easy, but what do i know...

Latin countries in blue:

Latinoamerican countries:
Well, in the same way if you ever get to be here, don't ever dare to call yourself latin people because we will laugh at you for sure.
hahaha all righty then thanks for the advice
brought2ubyletterC wrote:^Actually, I am aware that everyone in South/North/Central America are called Americans. Although maybe people in the U.S. call themselves "Americans" because "United Statesians" doesn't sound right? I really don't know.
that would be correct, althought nobody uses the America "add on" too much, i believe some central america countries does, i thinking guatemala maybe.. you gotta ask Raziel he knows better than me.
A9

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Someone may think that I have something against south american people, but it is not true, I have a lot against this kind of absurd statements (an spanish guy is not latin) an this lack of culture.

What I know better than you is your own country (Venezuela) history. If you can't understand that your are LATINamerican because latins (people from Spain) went to your wilderness and founded cities while you were all jumping in bonfires, is ok. If you can't understand that you are LATINamerican because my ancestors gave you latin blood and was mixed with your aboriginal blood, is ok. If you want to continue being an ignorant and think that an spanish is not latin, ok.

You called me silly from the very beginning, and then you want respect.

Learn your OWN fucking history and learn to write in Spanish, your MOTHER language.

IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE LATIN BECAUSE SPAIN WENT TO YOUR TERRITORY, OK, CONTINUE THINKING THAT YOU ARE LATIN BECAUSE OF THE MAYAN, AZTECS OR WHATEVER. I have lost a lot of neurons talking with you, it is enough for me.

And don't worry, I will not kill you if you come to Spain, and I will be as kind as I have always been with the southamericans living here.
Good luck to you and sorry if I have ofended you, but...if you want respect, show some respect too.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:49 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:^Actually, I am aware that everyone in South/North/Central America are called Americans. Although maybe people in the U.S. call themselves "Americans" because "United Statesians" doesn't sound right? I really don't know.
Well, it does exist although it is not a widespread term, people don't normally use it, and a United States citizen would be the most correct one.
From the urban dictionary:
United Statesian.
Noun, adjective. The national name for the citizens of the United States of America. Not American, which means from America, the continent.The proliferation of the term American (often by members of other North and South American nations) to refer to such people has made it appropriate to do so.

Many times they also refer to the USA as America,as a whole country, others prefer to say the states...
Another thing is: is Finland part of the Scandinavian countries? For some it is, for others it's not.
And I am explaining this because it is all related to what we have been discussing here the difference between latin, latinoamericans etc, these misunderstandings are all over the world, so sometimes it is good to try to clarify things to avoid confusing ideas or wrong concepts.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 pm

This is why I don't like labels; it's all too complicated. I can still refer to myself as American since I do belong to one of the American countries. If a person can't tell from my accent that I'm from the U.S., there's not much I can do about it. :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 am

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnPsZg38WKw?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnPsZg38WKw?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:34 am

How did we get from Obama to ancestry stuff? ??? I mean, I don't hold it against anyone because my Scottish ancester back in medieval times lifted his skirt to some Irish chick and gave rise to my mixed blood on my paternal side, and who gives a shit if my great-great-great-great maternal granddaddy got horny on a hunting expedition way out West and married a lonely Indian squaw? I mean, blood of everyone on this planet is intermingled to some degree. Does it really matter? Now let's go back to discussing BO, as in Barack Obama. :bigok:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

Another thing is: is Finland part of the Scandinavian countries? For some it is, for others it's not.
That is only because the ones who claim Finland is part of Scandinavia don't know the facts.
Finland is not a Scandinavian country since Scandinavia refers to Sweden, Norway and Denmark the countries that are located in the Scandinavian Peninsula
Finland is not Part of the Peninsula and the Scandinavian Mountains (Scandes) don't reach the area of Finland so we can safely say Finland is not part of Scandinavia.

However Finland is a Nordic Country among Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland (and the non-independent Greenland, Faroese Islands and Åland).
Finland is also a part of the Fennoscandia
In case you don't know what that is let me refer to wikipedia: "Geologically, the term also alludes to the underlying Fennoscandian Shield of Norway, Sweden and Finland, which is the exposed portion of the Baltic Shield.Unlike the term Scandinavia, Fennoscandia does include Finland, Karelia and the Kola Peninsula.
Unlike the term Nordic countries, it does not include Denmark, Iceland, Greenland or other geographically disconnected overseas areas."

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
That is only because the ones who claim Finland is part of Scandinavia don't know the facts.
Finland is not a Scandinavian country since Scandinavia refers to Sweden, Norway and Denmark the countries that are located in the Scandinavian Peninsula
Finland is not Part of the Peninsula and the Scandinavian Mountains (Scandes) don't reach the area of Finland so we can safely say Finland is not part of Scandinavia.

However Finland is a Nordic Country among Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland (and the non-independent Greenland, Faroese Islands and Åland).
Finland is also a part of the Fennoscandia
In case you don't know what that is let me refer to wikipedia: "Geologically, the term also alludes to the underlying Fennoscandian Shield of Norway, Sweden and Finland, which is the exposed portion of the Baltic Shield.Unlike the term Scandinavia, Fennoscandia does include Finland, Karelia and the Kola Peninsula.
Unlike the term Nordic countries, it does not include Denmark, Iceland, Greenland or other geographically disconnected overseas areas."
Thank you for your explanation. I know it is not a Scandinavian country but it is a nordic one. I used it as an example of how these things can be misunderstanding.
I agree with BEG, this is not the appropriate topic to talk about this kind of stuff, we should talk about this somwhere else, but I think we all have distorted a thread at least once in our lives :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Ancestry, and people's country of origin is a very interesting topic. There might be a couple older topics discussing about it, but a fresh one would be good if anyone wants to start one. I think, from what we just witnessed, it would be some good information and discussion posted.

In regards to Finland, I always knew the people and culture, and history was somewhat different than the other countries of that region. Finland has a history all it's own and it's a rich and interesting history. It's a good topic to discuss, and good to research if one has the time. However, this is true of most regions of the world.
So, yes, it would be a terrific topic/thread all it's own!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

W-weren't we talking about Obama a couple of pages ago?

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 am

RazielSR wrote:Someone may think that....blah blah blah...

dude wtf? were you waiting so bad for a reply, i have no idea why do you care so much, anyway i already told you, think/believe whatever you want, you wanna be latin? knock yourself out!
RazielSR wrote:And don't worry, I will not kill you if you come to Spain, and I will be as kind as I have always been with the southamericans living here.
now this is funny, it really made me smile, since , you know, i´ve living in one of the most dangerous cities for 29 years, so yeah, for safety reasons, please keep your promise...

A9

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 am

Good idea to start a new thread about ancestries and origins, things like that. :D

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:39 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Good idea to start a new thread about ancestries and origins, things like that. :D
In the end we are all African niggers.

HoldenCaulfield

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Dear Stratofans,

It is common knowledge that people from SA and the south of NA living in the continent when people from Spain arrived, was people living like Europe in 10000 BC and with a fervorous interest in tribal dances around the fire.

Then they were latinized and acquired all the culture from the spaniards.

Brazil and Portugal is a similar case.
England and NA is another one.

The other day I was in El Pueblo de la Reina de los Ángeles (LA) reading a book about Gilgamesh.

I'm going to visit the ruins of Uruk and later, I will tell you a secret about the sumerian living in this forum.

-HC.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Good idea to start a new thread about ancestries and origins, things like that. :D
Great idea. Done.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:59 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
In the end we are all African niggers.
Actually, there are theories which say all mankind originated in what is known as Africa, and there are even theories that the Garden of Eden was in Africa. :wink: So, those "Christian" hate groups which are KKK in nature are fools in more ways than one!!!!!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Well, now that we've started the thread about this topic, let's get back to talking about Obama here!

So who else is laughing their asses off at all the states who want to secede from the union just because Obama got re-elected? :lol:

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 am

It's basically the equivalent of a five-year-old threatening to hold his breath because you won't let him have ice cream for dinner.

Plus they sent the petitions to the White House i.e. the executive branch, also known as 'the wrong branch of government for this shit'. They should've sent it to Congress, but I guess that just shows how stupid people who actually think that's a good idea are!

Louisiana to deal with the next natural disaster without Federal aid = :lol: :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 am

Ah, my fellow Americans...they are so entertaining. :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Some guy on The Tavis Smiley Show said a study was done and it was found out Romney lied so many times during his speeches it was pathetic. He could be classed as a pathological liar. We should be glad he wasn't elected. Yes, I know the nature of politics is to stretch the truth, brag, and such but these are outright lies which were researched.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

I'd say all politicians are pathological liars; you'd have to be when your job basically consists of telling everyone anything they want to hear so you can get ahead.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm

The thing is some are good at lying, like Bill Clinton, and others can't lie for shit, like GWB or Romney. Democrats are usually better liars. Democrats also tend more likely to be involved in the legal profession (Nixon was the last Republican president who was a lawyer).

Here's what each US president has done for a job. Pretty interesting list, actually.