Countries thread!

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
NeverendingAbyss
Countries thread!

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 pm

So now we go international.

I have a question for you UK citizens. How come most of you don't see yourselves as "Europeans"? I mean, I get the island/mainland thing, but that's like saying Japan isn't Asian because of the same reason, when they are in fact just as Asian as any other Asian country.

What would you guys call yourselves, then?

browneyedgirl

Re: Countries thread!

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 31, 2012 2:33 am

Rednecks! 8) :D

Oh, this is just directed to them.
I think it's because they are proud of their heritage, as a country set apart, as their own nation. Like USA people, most of us can actualyy trace our roots back to other countries but we always say we are American.
UK has been around probably thousands of years before USA, so I think UK is like a nation of itself, I mean, I know the Saxons came from Germany about 400AD, or there about and people from other countries have migrated there over the centuries, but I guess many British people are proud of their "ancient" heritage, and want that idenity. To call themselves "European" would be like erring from that heritage. UK still has not went over to the Euro, right?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu May 31, 2012 5:00 am

browneyedgirl wrote:UK still has not went over to the Euro, right?
Nope, and they're not even part of the EU, thus my question above.

Germany seems tired of all this Euro bullshit. They're the only ones that manage the currency and has to take care of economical failures like Greece and Spain.

If the UK would join the EU then them and the Germans would lead a better Europe. That's my opinion.

What does NeonVomit have to say?

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 am

Nope, and they're not even part of the EU, thus my question above.
Actually they are. Catherine Ashton is also the so-called "foreign minister" of EU
They did get some advantages in their membership (the only EU country to pay less for it's membership. They said that it's because they aren't actually part of the European mainland but hey Ireland isn't part of it either but pay the full price!)
Germany seems tired of all this Euro bullshit. They're the only ones that manage the currency and has to take care of economical failures like Greece and Spain.
Well a lot of economically strong countries (Germany, France, Luxemburg, the Netherlands and the Nordic Countries) are taking the economical esponsiblity over this. France and Germany however are the ones that try to lead the operation because they have the biggest investments in the problematic-countries and they have more to lose than anyone else.

Wikipedia:
The European Union is composed of 27 sovereign member states: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 31, 2012 2:37 pm

The UK is part of the European Union now? Wow, when did this happen? I guess I need to watch the news more often. :oops: I know they resisted for a long time.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu May 31, 2012 4:27 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:The UK is part of the European Union now? Wow, when did this happen? I guess I need to watch the news more often. :oops: I know they resisted for a long time.
UK has been the part of the EU a long-ong time it's just they denied using the euro and instead are still using pounds. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Meanwhile Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church has canonized our liebe Überführer Adolf Hitler. So now there will be 2 public hitlerholiday dates-- his birthday (which has been always celebrated since 1991) and his canonization. Jippi! ^^ :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu May 31, 2012 7:01 pm

Well a lot of economically strong countries (Germany, France, Luxemburg, the Netherlands and the Nordic Countries) are taking the economical esponsiblity over this. France and Germany however are the ones that try to lead the operation because they have the biggest investments in the problematic-countries and they have more to lose than anyone else.

Well, Germany is not bored of all this, mainly cause Germany is growing and growing thanks to the euro, thanks to the pathetic economical crisis in the rest of europe and they are proud of what they once invented, that fake called EU and that fake calle Euro. Germany is just MAD to save his creation, that's all and Merkel is just trying to create a Germanic europe.
That is one of the biggest fakes in history. The problems in Spain, the second largest country in terrytory of the EU after France and a country that if someday "falls" (well, Spain is falling since 2007 every month considering the media) will erase EU from the map. I'd like to see Spain outside of the euro (not outside Europe you know), but now it's too late. Germany is just trying to buy in pieces some countries like Greece and others (impossible to buy pieces of Spain, that's why Spain is not outside of the EU yet) and they are trying to create a biggest germany step by step. Then, the media just talks about the help and bla bla blaaaa they are offering to countries like Spain... Let's see...Spain has more or les 48.000.000 population, 504.782 km2, if you think you can help more than 5millions people without work DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION CRISIS.... :roll: The only problem here in Spain if you dont know is that in 2000-2004 more or less, Spain had an absolutely strong economy and a goverment that knew what to do regading economy (Aznar, right side of the politics here), then Zapatero, the most horrible president in history of Spain came with his pseudo communist ideas (left side of politics here) and denied the incoming global crisis and he did nothing to stop it, so when other countries were step by step prepared for all this, that man just spent a lot of money in absolutely stupid things that will need a whole forum just to explain. There was a lot of money coming from EU and they didn't "know" how to manage it, more or less the same is happening in Italy and Greece, but Greece is really small and their economy is nothing for EU and it is not a problem if Greece falls. The fucking problem of EU is that every country is different and have their own laws and economical manegement. When the EU tried to unify all this, the problem came. EU is not possible, at least not this way. Spain is being the most attacked country these years because it has been the first country showing their problems, because Zapatero had NO political relation with Merkel and Sarzoky. Now, the right wing of spain is again in the power with full majority, of course it is impossible to resolve this in just some months, and it's clear that Spain is having a lot of problems, but if you think that "the help" of Germany or France (countris that will fall is Spain falls) is going to do something...But I know German politicians (this is not directed to the people in Germany, I have nothing against geman people) feels better saying they are helping everybody...To know what is happening in Europe, you have to live in Europe, read and watch everyday the political/economical news and then check all the information.

The European Union is a fake, means nothing, just more power for some countries some years and later for anothers, etc, etc.

Just for you to know, if Spain falls, European Union will fall cause a country like Spain is impossible to help.

Fuck European Union, I feel european and I love my continent but this fucking fake is just to create more chaos and problems. At least people arround here in these countries have no let's say "problems that would create a war", but if a war is going to come (I'm being really extremist here) you won't see Spain in problems. I don't know if you understand what I mean.

Regarding UK, well they have never felt ery much European, this comes from the medieval ages. They always try to create myths and history where there are not, I mean London for example is a Roman foundation and "King Arthur" was Roman, but well...Even the language have more latin and scandinavian origin words than "english".

And well countries like France and UK nowadays seems Spain in la reconquista regarding "foreign" people :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, if you ask me (and I think the vast majority of spaniards) I feel european, but I don't want anything to do with the European Union. Union my ass.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Today in the Wall Street Journal it was said the euro has fallen to it's lowest level since June 2010, to $1.24. Every major European stock exchange dropped. Even USA markets fell by 1.3%.
Some say the European National Bank will be forced to take more action.

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Thu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm

Maybe NATO should attack Europe, destroy the Union, restore democracy and liberate the European nations. :)
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:04 am

Jabi wrote:Maybe NATO should attack Europe, destroy the Union, restore democracy and liberate the European nations. :)
If NATO you mean by USA, then that's possible.

Regarding the EU, it is really an economical interest, nothing more. Spain and Portugal have been pals for centuries, but they will never become close friends with France or Italy. At least that's the way I am looking at it.

You will never see a United States of Europe. :cry:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:03 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Regarding the EU, it is really an economical interest, nothing more. Spain and Portugal have been pals for centuries, but they will never become close friends with France or Italy. At least that's the way I am looking at it.

You will never see a United States of Europe. :cry:
Exactly, it is just about that: economical interest, create chaos when they want, create fals hope when they want, that's all. It is a big problem to be inside EU. Europe as a continent is cool and there are tons of countries and variations, and that's the best you can have if you are looking for humanity, culture, etc, etc. But if you mix all that, you get nothing, just pure economical interest. Spain has been and is friend with Portugal, you know they are really close, but the let's say this needs more explanation, because it is all about proximity, for example the part where i live, Valencia, have been always more close firends to Italy, cause Rome for example is just one 1,30 hours by plane and if you go by ship, it is really close and then you have Balearic islands that are in the middle and are part of spain and are closer to Italy. If you ask around here, we know more about the italians than the portuguese, and there are a lot of italians here all the time, the same as spaniards there. If you go to Extremadura, and the west part of Castilla y León are more close friends to Portugal cause their cities are some kilometers away from Portugal. But this is talking about people, we as a human beings, relationships. I can tell you and demonstrate that USA have more possiblities to be friends with Spain than other countries in Europe (just see the militaty influence and bases and relationships that Aznar had with USA). This relationship ended a little bit with the goverment of zapatero, but now is restarting again with the new goverment. Is that good? Is that bad? I really don't know, I just know that European Union can't follow the way it is.
In spain, since 2001 more or less a new kind of friends are appearing, the ones in the north, Sweden and Norway. They all love Spain and there is a lot of people coming here every summer and the relations based in industry are really high, In my work, 80% of production is going to Sweden every week for example.

Sometimes one feels that is living the foundation of catholic and roman church again with constantine being merkel :lol: . Like if there were too many gods (countries) and one have to unify it all to have more power. Well, that is impossible, you can't manipulate these big countries. Then you have Greece in flames, due to his fucking goverment and the EU wanting to have another more country in the EU just to have another one. And nobody talks here about France or Italy, the covered ones becasue Draghi is now the BCE president and Sarkozy was close friend with Merkel. France have more ore less the same problems like Spain, and Italy is even worst economically, you can check the real details in some official places, not just in the biased media. Today is Spain, yesterday was Greece and Ireland, tomorrow will be Italy, then will be France, etc, etc...They have to talk about something, believe me. This euro idea comes all from German politics and was born there, and the only real pupose of all this "union" is more economical power.

And corruption...well, that is something that you can find a lot. It is funny cause Draghi that was one of the creators of this abortion call EU and one of the destructors of the economy now is the BCE president...I mean this is just mad.

This is not and will never be USA if you talk about union. USA was a whole new country created like that, with their wars, etc, etc but it was different since it's concept. Europe is the beginning and the "old" continent and there is an strong identity in every country. You can't and you should't try to change that. i like things like well, I don't need passports to trip around europe, etc, etc. But all regarding economy should be just operated from the own country, that's why I and all the spaniards now hates to see the BCE saying what you have to do and "sharing" money (money payed by the spaniards yesterday that now you pay with 6% interest) just because you have problems that came from the EU first.

Here you can see a funny and sad but true speech from a british politician that well, while speaking he is just talking about himself too but it can help you know a little bit what is happening around here:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gm9q8uabTs?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gm9q8uabTs?ve ... p;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:44 pm

You will never see a United States of Europe

:lol:

Nicolae Carpathia, from the Left Behind movies. Mr. Antichrist, I presume?

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm

RazielSR wrote: Here you can see a funny and sad but true speech from a british politician that well, while speaking he is just talking about himself too but it can help you know a little bit what is happening around here:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2gm9q8uabTs
Right, if you believe crazy-britain-dude the EU was SO collapsing late 2010 already. :lol:

To me in the end a firmly German-controlled Euro doesn't mean much more than a sensible inflation target.

It amazes me that banks and other creditors have been so short-sighted to assume that loans made to eg. the Greek government could not ever go bad.

I was always a firm believer in the EU and the Euro but I always realized it would not be easy. This is just a little bump...... if you can think of a couple of countries possibly going bankrupt as a little bump! :lol: The next 20 or so years might be .. very interesting.

In the UK they're naturally Euro-sceptic because all their old arch enemies live "over there", beyond the south east shores of their foggy island.

Hey, Ireland voted "yes"? :)

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Jabi wrote:Maybe NATO should attack Europe, destroy the Union, restore democracy and liberate the European nations. :)
Europe should attack Europe.... like the good old days! :lol:

Economy will expand due to lots of investments in new buildings?

You all have to remember that the EU grew out of the Coal/Steel Community, which had its own quite obvious reasons to exist ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_C ... _Community

tl;dr :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Welp, comic intermission.

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 pm

No Granada. :x Not even Hawaii. :x Korea? Bah!

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 pm

:cry: no Estonia with Skype ass well...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:13 am

On the CBS news just now they were discussing Greece's predicament. And it was shown (with dominos representing the various European countries)that if Greece's economy goes totally belly-up the rest of European economy would topple over like a collapsing set of dominos. And the Euro would then go totally under. It wasn't too pretty a picture. USA and the rest of the world would not have it so good, either. :(

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am

You all have to remember that the EU grew out of the Coal/Steel Community, which had its own quite obvious reasons to exist ...
Well most of the mediterranean countries who have had trouble with their economy got in the Union before it was formed back in the days of European Community. Back then the only criteria for becoming a member state was being non-communistic. For example Greece and Portugal got in. (BTW Greece has been bankrupt 5 times since the late 1800s)
I was always a firm believer in the EU and the Euro but I always realized it would not be easy. This is just a little bump...... if you can think of a couple of countries possibly going bankrupt as a little bump! The next 20 or so years might be .. very interesting.
What I don't get is how people imagine things to work perfectly when you put together almost 30 countries to share their independence. It has been less than 20 years of the actual Union so things simply take time to settle. For example The growth programs in the ex-eastern bloc are already working fine.
Well, Germany is not bored of all this, mainly cause Germany is growing and growing thanks to the euro, thanks to the pathetic economical crisis in the rest of europe and they are proud of what they once invented, that fake called EU and that fake calle Euro. Germany is just MAD to save his creation, that's all and Merkel is just trying to create a Germanic europe.
That is one of the biggest fakes in history. The problems in Spain, the second largest country in terrytory of the EU after France and a country that if someday "falls" (well, Spain is falling since 2007 every month considering the media) will erase EU from the map. I'd like to see Spain outside of the euro (not outside Europe you know), but now it's too late. Germany is just trying to buy in pieces some countries like Greece and others (impossible to buy pieces of Spain, that's why Spain is not outside of the EU yet) and they are trying to create a biggest germany step by step. Then, the media just talks about the help and bla bla blaaaa they are offering to countries like Spain... Let's see...Spain has more or les 48.000.000 population, 504.782 km2, if you think you can help more than 5millions people without work DUE TO THE CONSTRUCTION CRISIS.... The only problem here in Spain if you dont know is that in 2000-2004 more or less, Spain had an absolutely strong economy and a goverment that knew what to do regading economy (Aznar, right side of the politics here), then Zapatero, the most horrible president in history of Spain came with his pseudo communist ideas (left side of politics here) and denied the incoming global crisis and he did nothing to stop it, so when other countries were step by step prepared for all this, that man just spent a lot of money in absolutely stupid things that will need a whole forum just to explain. There was a lot of money coming from EU and they didn't "know" how to manage it, more or less the same is happening in Italy and Greece, but Greece is really small and their economy is nothing for EU and it is not a problem if Greece falls. The fucking problem of EU is that every country is different and have their own laws and economical manegement. When the EU tried to unify all this, the problem came. EU is not possible, at least not this way. Spain is being the most attacked country these years because it has been the first country showing their problems, because Zapatero had NO political relation with Merkel and Sarzoky. Now, the right wing of spain is again in the power with full majority, of course it is impossible to resolve this in just some months, and it's clear that Spain is having a lot of problems, but if you think that "the help" of Germany or France (countris that will fall is Spain falls) is going to do something...But I know German politicians (this is not directed to the people in Germany, I have nothing against geman people) feels better saying they are helping everybody...To know what is happening in Europe, you have to live in Europe, read and watch everyday the political/economical news and then check all the information.
Well had a bit of trouble following your thoughts but: Spain is getting a lot of money from EU. For example the agriculture is getting funded a lot by the union.
But to me it does seem that the problems behind the bad economical state are caused by Spain's own politics. It's useless to blame the Union for that. Italy had similar problems. Now that Berlusconi is out and Italy has changed its politics a bit. Thanks to the change Italy is doing just fine.

and "King Arthur" was Roman
Only in the film :roll:
Maybe NATO should attack Europe, destroy the Union, restore democracy and liberate the European nations.
I would just like to note that EU actually is Democratic...
This euro idea comes all from German politics and was born there, and the only real pupose of all this "union" is more economical power.
The European currency (as Ecu) was a bit more than German idea. Economical power on the other hand is not a bad thing at all. Germany is not profiting from the Union economically BECAUSE they have to pay the countries that are not doing as well. All of the Nordic countries, Germany, France the Neatherlands etc... Are paying more than they are receiving. Spain, Portugal, Greece, Romania etc... Are receiving more than they are paying. Do you get it?
The trade laws of the European Union make European products a lot more affordable. It boosts the economy of all EU countries.

The Union often gets blamed for problems since the problems it doesn't solve are clearly visible. The profits however are invisible. If a country grows economically no-one seems to give any credit for it to the Union because you can not compare it directly to what it would be outside the union.
And corruption...well, that is something that you can find a lot. It is funny cause Draghi that was one of the creators of this abortion call EU and one of the destructors of the economy now is the BCE president...I mean this is just mad.
Well the one thing that scares me is that while the political organs of the EU are pretty safe the ECB however is perfectly independent. EU has no power over it and if corruption in ECB arises the only one that can do something about it is ECB itself.
This is not and will never be USA if you talk about union.
Well Churchill was the only poltician wanting Europe to go United States of Europe and after he said that he was taken out of politics pretty fast. And that is 60-70 years ago.
But all regarding economy should be just operated from the own country, that's why I and all the spaniards now hates to see the BCE saying what you have to do and "sharing" money (money payed by the spaniards yesterday that now you pay with 6% interest) just because you have problems that came from the EU first.
JFYI Union didn't wreck your economy. ECB is doesn't have political power (only the power to control intrest rates and therefore banking activity) and EU wouldn't need to give economical advice if you didn't have 5 million people unemployed and no way out of the situation.
If you can't take care of your economy the rest of the Union will help since their own investments are then threatened.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:34 pm

And bla bla blaaaaa. Of course it is not all about EU fault, because of that I said what happened with the goverment here these past 8 years. But what I'm saying about EU is the truth. where are you from anyway? I suppose you are from Germany? or dunno...Switzerland or Luxembourg where all the corrupted politicians (included the ones in Spain, don't worry) keep their money without having to explain a word about where it comes from? Cmon dude, you live in a bubble and you think that when a country in the EU makes something great, it's all because of the EU and when something is bad, all is just about the country. I will say it again: spain goverment from 17 april 2004 to 21 december 2011 has been one of the the worst in our history, but at the same time EU is just a joke and a way get more economical power and create people like you living in a bubble. And well, our conversation is just another example of how united the EU is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read about truths and lies about the "new" german political model, and find the similitudes with other periods of history. It's the same with another "weapon".

And how is that in this CHAOS and Europe being more poor everyday, how is that Germany for example is earning more and more money and being better every day with everybody working, everybody having a lot of money, etc, etc...how is that possible? all of their neighbourhood almost in bankrupt and germany is better every month... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH YES, it is because their politicians are perfect and nothing is wrong in their country...they came from another planet.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm quite interested in what you mean with that "new german political model", would you please elaborate?

All I can say in just a few words without thinking too much about it (cause this topic is terribly complicated imo) is

- the current German political "model" is characterized by having given up the idea of a "social" market economy and turning into a mere market economy following the US example, which means sacrificing everything that's been gained during the last 40 years and living on increasing credits for the sake of stimulating the economy in the hope of preventing it from crashing like already happened in other countries

- Germany is one of the paying countries indeed, but also has a lot to lose (especially own economical claims and hopes) if the Euro zone crashes

- the EU was a good initial idea with the right spirit, but turned into a buerocratic monster which knows well to justify its existence by creating more and more administrative tasks for the member states in the desperate claim to create equal conditions in every state, but fails hopelessly by trying to standardize things that have been different in the different countries for good reasons

- Europe has been a continent characterized by war and struggles for power for pretty much its whole history (also in its younger history). It's not that easy to describe one's country as "European" in more than just a geological way because the idea of Europe meaning more than that is comparatively young and - bearing the EU-monster in mind - not exactly to define without getting into serious trouble :lol:

- UK has a remarkable history as the leaders of the world and - after that was over - in managing to rise out of the ashes on their own feet and entirely without help from others. They try to keep something of this peculiarity by not running after all the others without being absolutely sure that everyone runs in the right direction.

I didn't think much about what I just wrote, hope it makes any sense :lol:

Edit: I just saw your edit, well I don't think at all that Germany is safe from crashing as well, with such an increasing accumulation of debts it's just a matter of time.

miditek

Post by miditek » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:36 am

Now you're talking! And the French better learn to fend for themselves this time! :lol:
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:59 am

And bla bla blaaaaa. Of course it is not all about EU fault, because of that I said what happened with the goverment here these past 8 years. But what I'm saying about EU is the truth. where are you from anyway? I suppose you are from Germany? or dunno...Switzerland or Luxembourg where all the corrupted politicians (included the ones in Spain, don't worry) keep their money without having to explain a word about where it comes from? Cmon dude, you live in a bubble and you think that when a country in the EU makes something great, it's all because of the EU and when something is bad, all is just about the country. I will say it again: spain goverment from 17 april 2004 to 21 december 2011 has been one of the the worst in our history, but at the same time EU is just a joke and a way get more economical power and create people like you living in a bubble. And well, our conversation is just another example of how united the EU is
I really don't think you got it. How can Germany gain economical power (I am from Finland by the way) if they lose money in the EU but still stay there. Well I am not saying that the advantages wouldn't cover the costs but they pay a lot for their membership (which is used to help countries like Spain) and receive next to nothing (since their economy is one of the best currently)
Do you know happy the Finns in general are about paying their money to countries like Spain or Greece? So I think you blaming EU for ruining your economy
(I have no idea how you say they did that since all you repeat is words joke, blaa and fake)is quite ungrateful.
Plus in case you didn't know EU is operated by 4 different organs (+ECB) and in some of them getting a corrupted politician in would be nearly impossible. Of course you can check on them and evaluate it yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eu#Governance

I am not saying the Union doesn't make mistakes or that it would solve all our issues but after long studies with how it is built I am sure it is only a matter of time until the European countries get used to it and co-operation will improve.
(Plus leaving the EU would at this point crush the country economically and therefore also cause huge unemployment for many years and have effects for decades in rebuilding the economy)
and you think that when a country in the EU makes something great, it's all because of the EU and when something is bad, all is just about the country.
Now that is some frustrated exaggeration. Why do countries like Greece have problems in the EU while countries like Luxemburg don't? They are in the same union so it can't be because of the Union. but hey how about this: What if the country itself determines it's economical status?

Actually I think it would be better to put it this way: This is all imaginary the numbers aren't real at all and so on.
Ok Lets compare some countries GDP growth.
Lets just say The Nethelands Grew 1,5%.
Now we can't say how much Being in the EU helped by it's trade laws and customs but they did contribute (Since EU even lowers the consumer prices in most cases (the rest of the cases where a product prices rises because of EU are the ones where the product comes from Asia and therefore doesn't employ Europeans.) But there is a number. Lets say Netherlands increased it's economy by 1% alone and advantages of being in the EU added 0,5% to it.
how is that Germany for example is earning more and more money and being better every day with everybody working, everybody having a lot of money, etc, etc...how is that possible?
Because they have a strong running economy and a government that supports it. How can Norway be one of the richest countries in the world then without this EU fraudbubble? (and even though you seem to think like it EU is not a conspiracy) They aren't fooling money from anyone but are still doing fine. That's because they too have a strong running economy (and oil).
Economy is based on Trust. For some reason people tend to trust the Germans a lot more than Greece or Spain since in Greece the country has been bankrupt five times since the 1800s and their greedy politicians keep ruining the country's reputation by lying about their growth rates and being perfectly unable to take care of the situation.
Why do you think EU is giving instructions to your politicians? Because your economy could be like then one of Germany but it isn't since your politicians can't take care of the current situation. They can't fix the unemployment or get the trust from the markets.
all of their neighbourhood almost in bankrupt and germany is better every month...
Actually around Germany things are quite ok.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:34 am

Just here to say inside of this mix of "informations" and bubbles, that I'm not writting being frustrated :o , cause my life is being the same as when Spain was ok.

You have created (or you think) a little empire with Germany being the head and then other little nordic countries living thinking their economy is just the best and their goverment is amazing controlling some thousands of citizens.
All of this have two faces, mayhem. I have nothing against you, you can be sure. As a friend, at least virtual friend, I will tell you that this is not what it seems, nor when you see spain in orange colour, nor when you see germany or finland in green colour.
Just wait and see from your bubble more or less 5/8 more years and then remember. You think you know what is about in spain when you see numbers in the tv. There are two faces of the same coin, that's the last thing I will say here. This conversation leads nowhere, time will explain it all.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:56 pm

miditek wrote:

Now you're talking! And the French better learn to fend for themselves this time! :lol:
Well, they have that new "Socialist" prez, so they think everything is going to be allllllllllright! :wink: Greece is thinking if they elect a far-Left leaning Prez their prayers will be answered, too, and everything will be set aright again.
I guess time will tell.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Spain is going to get a band-aid in the form of a bailout. It has been said, though that this is just a temporary fix, and it would not heal anything for good. I guess a little help is better than none. USA is happy because Spain has lots of USA-based companies there: KFC, McDonald's, Coca-cola, etc.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 am

There arent many interesting things I can say here. Who wants to know about Mixcóatl? :lol: :lol: Evening and morning stars.
---...---

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:07 pm

AGAG wrote:There arent many interesting things I can say here. Who wants to know about Mixcóatl? :lol: :lol: Evening and morning stars.

What is he even wearing?

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:41 pm

FYI: Australia is a shithole. I could expend endless pages worth of explanation, but its not worth my time.

If only Strato would tour here.... (*looks at Jens...* :idea: )