Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Mormegil » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:42 pm


User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Rebel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:15 pm

"We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.
We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together."

I love when bands write their own press releases :lol: :lol: :lol:
They let us have signatures on this forum???

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by rikkertje » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Floor Jansen is taking over for the rest of the tour. I hope they hire her permanently. Her voice is great.

User avatar
Shogakat
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 am
Location: Barcelona, CAT, Spain

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Shogakat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:18 am

Very reasonable. I think that Anette Olzon has done a great job during all those 5 years, which probably have been the hardest ones of her professional career.

She was chosen to be the replacement of Tarja Turunen and she did her best to try to satisfy the band and the fans, that afford has been in vain and perhaps the best decision for Anette is leaving now with 2 CDs and a Movie going on because a person can't be comfortable without the support of the people who tries to "make happy".

She was not chosen to be Tarja Turunen nº2, like for example here Matias was not chosen to be Tolkki or Pilve the same with Jörg Michael because no one is able to replace Tarja or Tolkki or Michael trying to be a copy of another superstar... Perhaps some of Nightwish old fans could not see that appointment years ago and maybe (pitifully) they are not able to see it now.

Perhaps after all those years the NightWish decision of hiring Anette was not the best option, but was a solid option. Anette was not "the voice", but she was "the one" who faced the challange and, personally I'm grateful to NightWish to let me discover Olzon.

But talking about future terms it seems a good decision, because the mutual relationship of the band between the two parts was slowly eroding day by day. Now Floor Jansen is going to replace (temporarily) Olzon and then we will have the name of "the voice", because this is what it seems that want all the fans, another time the voice.

(My vote or my hope right now goes to Elize Ryd, which again is not the voice but it's the "youth experienced" who is emerging in the metal scene: great job in Kamelot and great job in Amaranthe (a good band, but nothing exeptional) who did a great job replacing those days Anette who suffered an illness those days in USA. My opinion is that there is no person able to replace Turunen, but there are many people who are able to give their own personality to Nightwish music. Years ago I probably voted for Melissa Ferlaak, the most unknown beautiful voice of metal.

Just if you want I put here some links of Elize Ryd singing with Nightwish in replacement of Anette. One of the thing that impressed me is that just with one song she excited all the public. Great Job.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFT9w0Aw ... el&list=UL

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Empathica1928 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 am

your entire post can be dismissed because the straw that broke the camel's back was the band replacing anette for a night or two with the kamelot backup vocalists without consulting anette at all

plus she apparently has a cyst on her liver or something

anette dealt with massive tarja fanboy/fangirl hate for five years, I highly doubt she'd quit over that now if she was able to power through the first two crazy years

User avatar
DawnIsHere
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:57 pm
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by DawnIsHere » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:35 am

I think Floor will do a great job in Nightwish, and the band will be able to include Tarja's era songs in the setlist again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6jaNRbDo8U

I really hope she stays in the band :)
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Mormegil » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 am

I'd be more than happy with either Elize or Floor as a replacement.

User avatar
Ilsekena
Sr. Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:42 am
Location: T-35

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Ilsekena » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am

It's not like I give a damn, (never liked this band tho) but I feel a bit sorry for Miss Olsson. She wasn't treated so good by her "fellow" bandmates last few days. So sad, some people never learn... I even should agree with tolkki on this, as he once said "Nightwish is just MONEYWISH! No more, no less".

User avatar
Shurik
Sr. Member
Posts: 3774
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 12:17 am
Location: Satellite Of Love
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Shurik » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:12 am

Nightwish is Tuomas' band anyway, so they will find another female singer who will have absolutely no impact on the band's material and will tour with her until she says something Tuomas won't like.

I liked Dark Passion Play, but Imaginarium was pretty lame and boring. Anyway, Annete was a good singer and I wish her all the best.
Chemistry is physics without a thought
Mathematics is physics without a purpose

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by adrian9 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 am

Mormegil wrote:http://nightwish.com/en/news

Well, fuck.
x2
I think floor is a good choice but I think she wouldnt commit to a full time band, after all i think that is why after forever ended.
on the other that Elize chick sounds cool, I think they should go for a pro instead, somebody hunger.
and I dont know what is wrong to earn money doing what you like to do. fuck that discussion.
A9

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 am

Elize to Nightwish, Amaranthe to a portal to hell, and Dragonland back to full productivity, EVERYBODY WINS.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4792
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:38 am

Image

User avatar
brought2ubyletterC
Sr. Member
Posts: 4819
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:15 am
Location: A Pacific Ocean Soul (California, United States)
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:50 am

Well, I'm going to the shows in So. Cal. this weekend so I'll let you all know how Floor does.
I even should agree with tolkki on this, as he once said "Nightwish is just MONEYWISH! No more, no less".
That actually surprises me that Tolkki would say that, considering that I heard from Tuomas himself, "our band would not exist if not for Stratovarius."

And like Tolkki isn't all about money himself. :eyes If he was so generous, then we wouldn't have a hidden section here dedicated to posts about how stingy he supposedly is when it comes to his financial responsibilities.

Anyway, in fairness to the band...Anette took ill about an hour before the show was supposed to take place. They had to make a snap decision right then and there. Do they disappoint the fans out in the crowd who paid good money for a ticket and cancel the show? Or do they at least try to give them their money's worth and do some kind of performance? I think no matter which way they would have gone, someone would have said it was the wrong decision.

I think Anette blew this situation way out of proportion. Instead of being grateful to the Kamelot girls for covering her ass and filling in for her when she could not (and putting themselves on the line by possibly embarrassing themselves by not knowing the words, etc.), she acted like a real diva and spent more time complaining about that than she did about her supposed health problems (I say "supposed" because no one knows the extent of them just yet).

I liked Anette with the band, but after the way she acted after such a situation, my respect for her totally went down the tubes. And the fact that she stormed off and couldn't even finish the rest of the U.S. tour just shows her unprofessionalism all the more. Now the band is stuck in a dilemma where their movie is about to premiere featuring their now-departed singer, with a huge show to accompany the premiere without the singer in the movie...what kind of consideration is that? Even when Tarja got the boot, at least it happened *after* the tour was officially finished so no one would get cheated out of any performances that they paid hard-earned money for.

Quit hiring rookies, Tuomas. Nightwish is way too popular now to put up with people who can't handle life on the road or the pressures of fame. Floor may not be one of my favorite singers, but she'd be a wiser choice, as she has the experience and the musical chops to keep up with a band of their popularity.

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 pm

That actually surprises me that Tolkki would say that, considering that I heard from Tuomas himself, "our band would not exist if not for Stratovarius."

And like Tolkki isn't all about money himself. If he was so generous, then we wouldn't have a hidden section here dedicated to posts about how stingy he supposedly is when it comes to his financial responsibilities.
He isn't good dealing with jealousy. So ok who am I to call him jealous when I have not even met this guy and I don't really know him? Well that is the only real explanation I can think of why he has issues with bands making similar music and earning a lot more than he does.

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by miditek » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 am

I hate to see her go as well, but unfortunately many bands simply do not have a lot of longevity with their lineups. NW lost a lot of their unique signature sound when Tarja left, although all of their releases, including the most recent two with Anette, have been very good. The timing of all this is especially disappointing considering the fact that Annette had really meshed with NW much better over the course of time. Floor Jansen is a great choice to finish the tour, and as to what will happen next is probably anyone's guess.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:22 am

I'm not a Nightwish fan, because I don't like that kind of style, but imho Nightwish lost almost everything when Tarja left. The singer is the most important thing in a band or at least, what makes a band recognizable. As I see it, Nightwish was 80% about Tarja's voice and charisma. With Anette, the band seemed a band for teenagers.
It is just my opinion regarding a band that I have never followed, mainly cause when I hear their songs, I understand it is not what I look for in music.
And now another singer...that's too much.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by adrian9 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:29 pm

RazielSR wrote:I'm not a Nightwish fan, because I don't like that kind of style, but imho Nightwish lost almost everything when Tarja left. The singer is the most important thing in a band or at least, what makes a band recognizable. As I see it, Nightwish was 80% about Tarja's voice and charisma. With Anette, the band seemed a band for teenagers.
It is just my opinion regarding a band that I have never followed, mainly cause when I hear their songs, I understand it is not what I look for in music.
And now another singer...that's too much.
yes, i mean, is not like this isnt something people can argue about for a long time, is a matter of taste isnt? that said, Anette brought a more pop therefore more wide audience to the band, and fuck I loved that.
A9

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Rebel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 pm

RazielSR wrote:I'm not a Nightwish fan, because I don't like that kind of style, but imho Nightwish lost almost everything when Tarja left. The singer is the most important thing in a band or at least, what makes a band recognizable. As I see it, Nightwish was 80% about Tarja's voice and charisma. With Anette, the band seemed a band for teenagers.
It is just my opinion regarding a band that I have never followed, mainly cause when I hear their songs, I understand it is not what I look for in music.
And now another singer...that's too much.
Nightwish is 50% Tuomas Holopainen's songwriting, 20% the voice of the lead singer, and 30% Marco Heitala's beard
They let us have signatures on this forum???

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 pm

adrian9 wrote: yes, i mean, is not like this isnt something people can argue about for a long time, is a matter of taste isnt? that said, Anette brought a more pop therefore more wide audience to the band, and fuck I loved that.
Of course, it is a matter of taste. But what I see not being a fan, seeing just the band as a band and nothing more, is that they lost almost everything when Tarja left. And when you say
Anette brought a more pop therefore more wide audience to the band, and fuck I loved that

I really can't understand. Did you have some percentage of the money they won or something? :lol: . The reason you like a band is because of the amount of sales a band have? You are happy with a more pop approach? Man, I'm really miles and miles away from that "standards". I like a band because of their music, not because the quantity of people following that band...

Rebel, I know what you mean...Holopainen the mastermind and all that...You can be a great composer, but if you don't have a good singer, or you change a singer that way...your compositions are just good compositions. Imo a good composer needs a good singer more than a good singer needs a good composer.
If not, they could release the new album without singer, just an instrumental album :lol:
Want it or not, the singer is the most recognizable part for a band. And when a singer has been part of a band for a long time, is almost impossible to replace, even if the new one is "better" (of course this is not the case).

But well, it was just my opinion. I really don't like Nightwish, it was just that... damn...now this singer out of the band too. It is really strange. Good luck to Nightwish fans, this rollercoaster of voices should be really "fascinating".
:D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Mormegil » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Helloween went from Hansen to Kiske to Deris in roughly the same time span, as did Iced Earth from Barlow to Owens to Barlow again to Block. Rainbow went from Dio to Bonnet to Turner in like two years. And don't even get me started on Malmsteen. It's not a problem if they've learned from their mistakes and now have a better idea of what kind of singer they want for the band. "Quit hiring rookies", like brought2ubyletterC so eloquently put it. :)

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 am

the band sells millions with both singers, they won't have problems at all with any singer.

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by adrian9 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 pm

RazielSR wrote:
adrian9 wrote: yes, i mean, is not like this isnt something people can argue about for a long time, is a matter of taste isnt? that said, Anette brought a more pop therefore more wide audience to the band, and fuck I loved that.
Of course, it is a matter of taste. But what I see not being a fan, seeing just the band as a band and nothing more, is that they lost almost everything when Tarja left. And when you say
Anette brought a more pop therefore more wide audience to the band, and fuck I loved that

I really can't understand. Did you have some percentage of the money they won or something? :lol: . The reason you like a band is because of the amount of sales a band have? You are happy with a more pop approach? Man, I'm really miles and miles away from that "standards". I like a band because of their music, not because the quantity of people following that band...

Rebel, I know what you mean...Holopainen the mastermind and all that...You can be a great composer, but if you don't have a good singer, or you change a singer that way...your compositions are just good compositions. Imo a good composer needs a good singer more than a good singer needs a good composer.
If not, they could release the new album without singer, just an instrumental album :lol:
Want it or not, the singer is the most recognizable part for a band. And when a singer has been part of a band for a long time, is almost impossible to replace, even if the new one is "better" (of course this is not the case).

But well, it was just my opinion. I really don't like Nightwish, it was just that... damn...now this singer out of the band too. It is really strange. Good luck to Nightwish fans, this rollercoaster of voices should be really "fascinating".
:D
no , hell , that is not what i meant, let me explain a little further.
tarja vocals were the signature of the band thats for sure, and I think was the main reason for the band to stand out in the early days, but, who much can you really evolve from that point??¡,I mean tarja vocals or operatic vocals are instant recognizable, they experimented a little bit in Once but that was that.
I think annette more pop oriented vocals provided the band a wide terrain to explore more sounds and what not, you dont get a pre judgment of the song just because a "opera singer" is doing it.
in a nut shell, you dont get bored that quickly with a song more pop oriented than opera oriented.
I think that part there is a fact rather than an opinion, but hell, global warming is a fact too and there is people denying it.
I dont know if I made my point clear but in any case i like nightwish with tarja and with anette.
A9

User avatar
Ilsekena
Sr. Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:42 am
Location: T-35

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Ilsekena » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Well, I'm going to the shows in So. Cal. this weekend so I'll let you all know how Floor does.
I even should agree with tolkki on this, as he once said "Nightwish is just MONEYWISH! No more, no less".
That actually surprises me that Tolkki would say that, considering that I heard from Tuomas himself, "our band would not exist if not for Stratovarius."

And like Tolkki isn't all about money himself. :eyes If he was so generous, then we wouldn't have a hidden section here dedicated to posts about how stingy he supposedly is when it comes to his financial responsibilities.

Anyway, in fairness to the band...Anette took ill about an hour before the show was supposed to take place. They had to make a snap decision right then and there. Do they disappoint the fans out in the crowd who paid good money for a ticket and cancel the show? Or do they at least try to give them their money's worth and do some kind of performance? I think no matter which way they would have gone, someone would have said it was the wrong decision.

I think Anette blew this situation way out of proportion. Instead of being grateful to the Kamelot girls for covering her ass and filling in for her when she could not (and putting themselves on the line by possibly embarrassing themselves by not knowing the words, etc.), she acted like a real diva and spent more time complaining about that than she did about her supposed health problems (I say "supposed" because no one knows the extent of them just yet).

I liked Anette with the band, but after the way she acted after such a situation, my respect for her totally went down the tubes. And the fact that she stormed off and couldn't even finish the rest of the U.S. tour just shows her unprofessionalism all the more. Now the band is stuck in a dilemma where their movie is about to premiere featuring their now-departed singer, with a huge show to accompany the premiere without the singer in the movie...what kind of consideration is that? Even when Tarja got the boot, at least it happened *after* the tour was officially finished so no one would get cheated out of any performances that they paid hard-earned money for.

Quit hiring rookies, Tuomas. Nightwish is way too popular now to put up with people who can't handle life on the road or the pressures of fame. Floor may not be one of my favorite singers, but she'd be a wiser choice, as she has the experience and the musical chops to keep up with a band of their popularity.
indeed...such hatred is incredible for "supporters". :roll:
Im shocked from the reaction of the "fans"! Ain't this lacking a bit of respect for a person first of all?? A singer just an empty place in this band. Threw out like unnecessary stuff and "we're all happy now".
"we wish him/her all the best for the future" blablabla...
Now I see its better for Anette to stay away from such "lovely" fans and bandmates..
P.S Marylin Manson doesnt ask Rob Zombie to replace him when he's ill. And those names are much, MUCH bigger than your Nightwis.

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by valo_666 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:01 am

Floor Jansen confirmed as permanent singer in Nightwish at their official website

User avatar
emperor_black
Member
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:40 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by emperor_black » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 am

valo_666 wrote:Floor Jansen confirmed as permanent singer in Nightwish at their official website
Not true. they just posted a picture and that's not a confirmation by any means

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Mormegil » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 am

Ilsekena wrote:P.S Marylin Manson doesnt ask Rob Zombie to replace him when he's ill. And those names are much, MUCH bigger than your Nightwis.
Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie are the masterminds, primus motors and indisputable stars of their band, the bands that even bear their names, that's not the same thing.
Metallica asked Joey Jordison to fill in for Lars Ulrich and Metallica is much bigger than Manson and Zombie combined. I would also argue that Lars' distinctive drumming is more vital part of Metallica's sound than whoever sings for Nightwish.

And just my opinion, but if you would rather send hundreds(?) of disappointed fans home than have someone fill in for you, even though you're an upstart in band that the other guys have worked their ass off for years to bring from nothingness to stardom, then you are an unprofessional diva and you can fuck off from the band for all I care.

User avatar
Ilsekena
Sr. Member
Posts: 1868
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:42 am
Location: T-35

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Ilsekena » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Mormegil wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:P.S Marylin Manson doesnt ask Rob Zombie to replace him when he's ill. And those names are much, MUCH bigger than your Nightwis.
Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie are the masterminds, primus motors and indisputable stars of their band, the bands that even bear their names, that's not the same thing.
Metallica asked Joey Jordison to fill in for Lars Ulrich and Metallica is much bigger than Manson and Zombie combined. I would also argue that Lars' distinctive drumming is more vital part of Metallica's sound than whoever sings for Nightwish.

And just my opinion, but if you would rather send hundreds(?) of disappointed fans home than have someone fill in for you, even though you're an upstart in band that the other guys have worked their ass off for years to bring from nothingness to stardom, then you are an unprofessional diva and you can fuck off from the band for all I care.
I mean some statement like "mutual agreement/all the best for the future". Lots of bullshit happened in many bands but in their official statement they always displayed some respect instead of showing how glad and proud they are to get rid of that member.

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Mormegil » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Ilsekena wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:P.S Marylin Manson doesnt ask Rob Zombie to replace him when he's ill. And those names are much, MUCH bigger than your Nightwis.
Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie are the masterminds, primus motors and indisputable stars of their band, the bands that even bear their names, that's not the same thing.
Metallica asked Joey Jordison to fill in for Lars Ulrich and Metallica is much bigger than Manson and Zombie combined. I would also argue that Lars' distinctive drumming is more vital part of Metallica's sound than whoever sings for Nightwish.

And just my opinion, but if you would rather send hundreds(?) of disappointed fans home than have someone fill in for you, even though you're an upstart in band that the other guys have worked their ass off for years to bring from nothingness to stardom, then you are an unprofessional diva and you can fuck off from the band for all I care.
I mean some statement like "mutual agreement/all the best for the future". Lots of bullshit happened in many bands but in their official statement they always displayed some respect instead of showing how glad and proud they are to get rid of that member.
Could be that since this, unlike the sacking of Tarja and Sami, was according to them a completely mutual decision, they just don't need to feel (or pretend to feel) guilty about it.

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by miditek » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:26 am

Bootleg recordings of the current live shows of NW and Floor Jansen are beginning to appear on YouTube. While the audio quality isn't great, I do have to say that Jansen is doing a very good job at filling in.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Nightwish parts ways with Anette

Post by Rebel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 am

Ilsekena wrote: P.S Marylin Manson doesnt ask Rob Zombie to replace him when he's ill. And those names are much, MUCH bigger than your Nightwis.
Rob Halford filled in for Ozzy at Black Sabbath shows, because Black Sabbath is Tony Iommi's band.

Elize Ryd filled in for Anette at a Nightwish show, because A. Nightwish is Tuomas' band, and B. because Anette isn't even a definitive voice for Nightwish
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Post Reply