the hard to find/rare music topic

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
adrian9
the hard to find/rare music topic

Post by adrian9 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 pm

here we´ll discuss some rare items, cds, lps of our favorites bands, the ones that always escaping you and is impossible to catch, somebody might have a clue.!

here are some of mine.

1) the a.s.a.p project that adrian smith (iron maiden) did in 1989-1990, is out of print, almost nobody seems to know about this , the songs are great, and far from what adrian does in maiden.
i´ve been seen some cd go over 30 or 40$ but im looking from the LP

2) the when dream and day unite LP first print from DT, i love this album
i would love to get that vinyl ! fuck!
A9

Mormegil

Re: the hard to find/rare music topic

Post by Mormegil » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Right now I'd love to get my hands on Blind Guardian singles A Past and Future Secret, Mirror Mirror and Bright Eyes to complete my collection.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:07 am

That armpit shot turned me gay.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 pm

WTF he has hair!! :shock:

Maybe he is the balding 50 year old keyboard player that Porkki so callously referred to? :oops: :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:35 am

Yep, Jordan had hair back when I saw them live on the Scenes From a Memory tour.

As far as rare items go, I can't think of anything I'd like to find at the moment, but maybe some folks here will look for something that will spark my memory.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Beat this.

Sold! For $9,000.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am

NeonVomit wrote:Beat this.

Sold! For $9,000.
just...what the fuck , i didnt know that savatage was so profitable hehhe
A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:22 am

adrian9 wrote:

Sold! For $9,000.
Yeah, what the fuck, is the yellow colour because it's made of solid gold? Elvis or The Beatles sure, but I didn't imagine even Metallica rarities could demand such prices.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm

I have been looking for the first two Chroma Key cds (by Kevin Moore) for a couple of years now.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Mormegil wrote:
adrian9 wrote:

Sold! For $9,000.
Yeah, what the fuck, is the yellow colour because it's made of solid gold? Elvis or The Beatles sure, but I didn't imagine even Metallica rarities could demand such prices.
Savatage have extremely dedicated fans. I myself own everything they've ever put out on CD. There may not be *many* fans, but they sure are loyal - the majority of the crowd at the Jon Oliva's Pain gig I went to a couple of months ago was 35+ age-wise.

In terms of collectibles, that yellow Avatar LP is the rarest Savatage-related thing you can own, bar none. I'd only heard rumours of it myself, I wasn't even sure it actually existed.

I still couldn't justify paying the equivalent of a decent second-hand car on an LP I'd never play though :lol:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
adrian9 wrote:

Sold! For $9,000.
Savatage have extremely dedicated fans. I myself own everything they've ever put out on CD. There may not be *many* fans, but they sure are loyal - the majority of the crowd at the Jon Oliva's Pain gig I went to a couple of months ago was 35+ age-wise.

In terms of collectibles, that yellow Avatar LP is the rarest Savatage-related thing you can own, bar none. I'd only heard rumours of it myself, I wasn't even sure it actually existed.

I still couldn't justify paying the equivalent of a decent second-hand car on an LP I'd never play though :lol:
that is totally true, mostly because savatage was pretty underated at his time, some people believe his guitarrist Chris Caffery was a pioneer. but i never heard of this, the most rare thing related to savatage was a bootleg concert i dont remember the name right now.
A9

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:29 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:I have been looking for the first two Chroma Key cds (by Kevin Moore) for a couple of years now.
i believe you might give a chance to this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROMA-KEY-DEAD ... 20cd85a0e7
A9

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I've been hopelessly searching an EP called Fantasia by a band called Labyrinth from 1997. As far as I know they didn't have anything to do with the Italian Labyrinth band ;) They made another demotape, and then there was silence.
Besides that, I'd also like to have "File Under: Music" by M. Heavenly as well as the Gashouse Garden demo, just to be able to add them to the collection :lol:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:37 pm

adrian9 wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:I have been looking for the first two Chroma Key cds (by Kevin Moore) for a couple of years now.
i believe you might give a chance to this link http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROMA-KEY-DEAD ... 20cd85a0e7
Thanks for the link but I think I will pass. I don't want to pay over 20€ and I would much rather get a local record store to get a copy. so far they haven't been too succesful but I can wait.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:42 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Thanks for the link but I think I will pass. I don't want to pay over 20€ and I would much rather get a local record store to get a copy. so far they haven't been too succesful but I can wait.
yeah, i dont know if they are exactly that rare, but something i´ve learned being a collectionist ( of comics and music) is that if you wait too long the price might go up, the collectibles is like a stock market and shit like that :cry:
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:07 pm

adrian9 wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
adrian9 wrote:

Sold! For $9,000.

that is totally true, mostly because savatage was pretty underated at his time, some people believe his guitarrist Chris Caffery was a pioneer. but i never heard of this, the most rare thing related to savatage was a bootleg concert i dont remember the name right now.
You might be thinking of Criss Oliva - the singer's brother. Chris Caffrey is good but Criss was the real trailblazer. He was undoubtedly in my eyes one of the greatest guitar players in metal, ever, definitely one of my favourites. Think Dimebag but with more delicacy and nuance. He was killed in a car accident in 1993 and the band was never the same since... they had a lot of lineup changes, all of them being amazing musicians and put out some brilliant records but it was never quite there.

Their music is just... amazing.

Old Savatage:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLAPDJwmXuo?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLAPDJwmXuo?ve ... p;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9VQP4Mb2nA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K9VQP4Mb2nA?ve ... p;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Newer Savatage:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kn2yN9F3_TE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kn2yN9F3_TE?ve ... p;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B7ZYdKlbhI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4B7ZYdKlbhI?ve ... p;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Still not worth $9k though ;)

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:21 pm

I might be willing to put out $9k for one of Criss' guitars (the Gargoyle ESP / Jackson (allegedly it was an ESP with Jackson-logo painted on it), taken that I was at least a hundred-thousand-naire, but not for an LP record. The title of "the most hardcore Savatage fan" just isn't worth $9k for a person in my pay-grade. :D

Jossu

Post by Jossu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:47 am

1) the a.s.a.p project that adrian smith (iron maiden) did in 1989-1990, is out of print, almost nobody seems to know about this , the songs are great, and far from what adrian does in maiden.
i´ve been seen some cd go over 30 or 40$ but im looking from the LP

I have Silver and Gold LP, and it is great album... but i am not gonna sell it...!! Sorry :)

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:07 am

Why are all the hot musicians dead? :cry:

miditek

Post by miditek » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:20 am

Mormegil wrote:I might be willing to put out $9k for one of Criss' guitars (the Gargoyle ESP / Jackson (allegedly it was an ESP with Jackson-logo painted on it), taken that I was at least a hundred-thousand-naire, but not for an LP record. The title of "the most hardcore Savatage fan" just isn't worth $9k for a person in my pay-grade. :D

Dude- check it out!

1960 model Les Paul Standard cherry-sunburst 8)

$135,000 USD

Gruhn Guitars
400 Broadway
Nashville, TN 37203

George (Gruhn) has some '59 flametops in stock not long ago that cost even more than the '60!

$400,000 to $750,000 for the '59!!!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjGaJj_-itE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjGaJj_-itE?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Jossu wrote:1) the a.s.a.p project that adrian smith (iron maiden) did in 1989-1990, is out of print, almost nobody seems to know about this , the songs are great, and far from what adrian does in maiden.
Actually, I've always wanted to hear that stuff. Now I know what to hunt for in the used record stores here!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm

NeonVomit wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
adrian9 wrote:

Sold! For $9,000.

You might be thinking of Criss Oliva - the singer's brother.
yeah, i meant Criss Oliva! i dont know what i wrote caffery...my bad
Jossu wrote:I have Silver and Gold LP, and it is great album... but i am not gonna sell it...!! Sorry :)
lucky bastard!

les paul rocks!!!
A9

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 pm

miditek wrote:
Mormegil wrote:I might be willing to put out $9k for one of Criss' guitars (the Gargoyle ESP / Jackson (allegedly it was an ESP with Jackson-logo painted on it), taken that I was at least a hundred-thousand-naire, but not for an LP record. The title of "the most hardcore Savatage fan" just isn't worth $9k for a person in my pay-grade. :D

Dude- check it out!

1960 model Les Paul Standard cherry-sunburst 8)

$135,000 USD

Gruhn Guitars
400 Broadway
Nashville, TN 37203

George (Gruhn) has some '59 flametops in stock not long ago that cost even more than the '60!

$400,000 to $750,000 for the '59!!!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjGaJj_-itE?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KjGaJj_-itE?ve ... p;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
A $750,000 Les Paul would be cool, I could sell it and purchase literally HUNDREDS of superior guitars. :D

J/k it's ok I guess, I'm just not a fan of Gibson and even less a fan of fixed bridge guitars.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:08 am

Shu-tka. Most other stuff by anders.

Jens' obscure colaborations.

Kotipelto singing the sound of music while he drove to work.
---...---

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 am

I am NOTyour sister. Or girlfriend if someone thought that. :roll: :roll: :roll: