SONATA ARCTICA – New Album "Pariah’s Child"

Talk about everything else besides Stratovarius here in English. Please try to put more serious topics here, and silly topics in the Spam section.
Tero-75
Re: SONATA ARCTICA – New Album "Pariah’s Child"

Post by Tero-75 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:20 am

Mr cool Edit wrote:relly, kakko do extreme failure in kick to Jani,
Unfortunatully Kakko didn't have much choice. The reason for kicking Jani out was his untreated mess with his compulsory military servicewith. Therefore Jani couldn't get a passport wich made touring abroad impossible.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:27 am

Tero-75 wrote:
Unfortunatully Kakko didn't have much choice. The reason for kicking Jani out was his untreated mess with his compulsory military servicewith. Therefore Jani couldn't get a passport wich made touring abroad impossible.
Jani didn't like being in the band anyways. He said he hadn't been too happy in the last few months. That the band was taking all of his time, that he wanted to do other things. Which I think is completely normal and fair for him.

He once said there wasn't nearly as much drama as some people make it out to be.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:52 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Tero-75 wrote:
Jani didn't like being in the band anyways. He said he hadn't been too happy in the last few months. That the band was taking all of his time, that he wanted to do other things. Which I think is completely normal and fair for him.

He once said there wasn't nearly as much drama as some people make it out to be.

really he play very good, he can a particular career as Joe satriani, malsteen, jeff beck, steve vai.....

one band take a lot time, but be a single artist is more heavy work. In a single career you don't have other musicians supporting you, and in the end, the feelings is only one, i see it all more cold when you listen one album.

whit a band the music turned unpredictable, the different styles playing in one same project, (If the band are freedom)

In a single career its all more common, you listen one album, and to the second album you are ready to listen the same.
I change password - I'm the classical werewolf

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:41 am

Jani is no doupt a great player and song writer. That has brought him a good reputation in Finland, and he has had several side projects with different line-ups.
One of my favourites is Dream Asylum with singer Janne Hurme

Janne has made a succesful career singing mostly Finnish "slager", but in his heart his a heavy musician wich he has sang since he was a teenager. His AOR-playing heavy band Human Temple has published three albums so far. Two of my classmates have played in his bandes, I also know Janne from school and we have several mutual friends.

I recommend checking out both bands.

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:52 am

Tero-75 wrote:Jani is no doupt a great player and song writer. That has brought him a good reputation in Finland, and he has had several side projects with different line-ups.
One of my favourites is Dream Asylum with singer Janne Hurme

Janne has made a succesful career singing mostly Finnish "slager", but in his heart his a heavy musician wich he has sang since he was a teenager. His AOR-playing heavy band Human Temple has published three albums so far. Two of my classmates have played in his bandes, I also know Janne from school and we have several mutual friends.

I recommend checking out both bands.
sometimes the conservatory isn't a big deal, i tell you for personal experiences. I come from one very close community, with close mind, close tastes and close all.

if the music were all "musical school" all the guys/girls that you see in the conservatory are genius and this isn't the true. Really exist "Genius" with out a serious academy studies and serious academic student that isn't very genius after all.

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

well i think that only me understand what i mean. :lol:

Jani:

1) experience. he have

2) Feeling: He have

3) Technique: He personal Own style maybe

4) Speed: He is very speed really.

he only need one good partner, and after is production. I think that the production is the most part of one band.

I will try to give you one example

I KNOW, I KNOW, THIS IS OTHER STYLE, IS A EXAMPLE.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/AhWKSFkC3eY?hl=es_ES& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/AhWKSFkC3eY?hl=es_ES& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/LDxF80pyVDo?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/LDxF80pyVDo?version=3 ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Resume:

1) simple

2) full of feelings

3) Great production

4) Worldwide Hit

(Personal think: I can hate the guys that jump with "Good save the queen" Royal ones I mean, I prefer to say, God save the mind that compose this song and video for open the eyes to the people)

Since long long time, this songs are taking my attention, but in heavy mood. very very hard mood

this one

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/YqLcdaiRnLA?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/YqLcdaiRnLA?version=3 ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Whats happen if i come to Finland and i have a talk with Tony kakko and i say "Hi sir tony kakko, the thing is easy, you you back with jani and stop to give us your silly excuses or I will break all your hands bones and your two legs with one hydraulic hammer?, me and TwilightEagle of course, i poop my undies if i face him alone. :err:

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:00 am

I get your point Flavio but both Jani and Sonata Arctica have survived on their own without each other. They worked very well with each other but they're not failing the way the are right now either. I think it could go both ways.

And you forget Jani sings. He has his own thing going on right now. I think he's working on another Cain's Offering album as well.

Flavio Ontivero

Post by Flavio Ontivero » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 am

Southern_Cross wrote:I get your point Flavio but both Jani and Sonata Arctica have survived on their own without each other. They worked very well with each other but they're not failing the way the are right now either. I think it could go both ways.

And you forget Jani sings. He has his own thing going on right now. I think he's working on another Cain's Offering album as well.
we need be realistic, he can sing in choir, in choir have a fantastic voice. The nemesis choir is Jani

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/is5tQflynsE?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/is5tQflynsE?version=3 ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

he sing as a Japanese anime.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/9YNMgfG3fzA?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/9YNMgfG3fzA?hl=en_US& ... &amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

no joke, he need a true band.

Mr Hadder

Post by Mr Hadder » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:52 pm

There u go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Xmwaf_ ... e=youtu.be

nice song! although i still say that the verse is a little childish to me, even though i'm eager to listen to the album

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:10 pm

It's a good song!

Anyway, this band is young (3x's everyone in the band) and Tony Kakko had experimented with them new musical routes and in the end they've returned to kinda "power metal" style (let's see the whole album...).

They had the privilege to experiment music for 5-6 years and, after that, return to what perhaps the market demands for 'Sonata Arctica'. There's a lot of sonata crowd missing nowadays, but if the album follows this path in 2-3 years they'll be as consistent as they were around 2004-2007.

Perhaps Power Metal style is returning to the scene, and with leading bands as Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Tobias Sammet whatever, the two Rhapsody, HammerFall, Kamelot or the super-Sabaton,... there's a lot of interesting new stuff out there, and still the old grat bands alive. Let's see...

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:00 pm

The song has really nice passages. I hope is nothing more than the tip of the iceberg here. Really exited about the whole album.
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:05 am

A friend and fellow writer at black wind did an interview with Tony, I think for a Belgian magazine, where Tony basically admits that he went off the reservation for a bit. I'm not sure if he actually apologizes for the style on the last 3, but he's certainly come home to power metal
They let us have signatures on this forum???

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:35 am

Rebel wrote:A friend and fellow writer at black wind did an interview with Tony, I think for a Belgian magazine, where Tony basically admits that he went off the reservation for a bit. I'm not sure if he actually apologizes for the style on the last 3, but he's certainly come home to power metal
From the last interview I saw, he's basically admitiing that Sonata should stick to what they are known for, and that other kinds of music should be put off for different projects. That's what I got from it.
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:06 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Rebel wrote:A friend and fellow writer at black wind did an interview with Tony, I think for a Belgian magazine, where Tony basically admits that he went off the reservation for a bit. I'm not sure if he actually apologizes for the style on the last 3, but he's certainly come home to power metal
From the last interview I saw, he's basically admitiing that Sonata should stick to what they are known for, and that other kinds of music should be put off for different projects. That's what I got from it.
Yup. I'll have to prod Arno if his interview was posted in English anywhere.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:33 pm

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pGp0kms-GEk?hl=fi_FI& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pGp0kms-GEk?hl=fi_FI&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Terrible video as usual, but I'm loving the song. And their 15th anniversary gig fucking rocked!

Metal Panda

Post by Metal Panda » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm

PERO QUE VIDEO PELOTUDO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUCK ME!!, not you, pervert!!! :x :x :x :x

THIS VIDEO IS SILLY!!, THE WOLF WALKING THERE LOOKS MORE GENTLE THAT THE BITCH OF MY FEMALE DOG!!

:x :x :x :x

IF I WAS THE PRODUCER OF NUCLEAR BLAST, CHANGE THIS CUTE WOOFY FOR ONE TIGER AND I WILL FILM HOW THE TIGER EAT TO TONY KAKKO!!!!

THIS IS A WONDERFUL VIDEO, THIS HAVE THE LEVEL OF THE IISEKENA BOOBS. :facial:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:29 am

Mormegil wrote:<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pGp0kms-GEk?hl=fi_FI& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pGp0kms-GEk?hl=fi_FI&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Terrible video as usual, but I'm loving the song. And their 15th anniversary gig fucking rocked!

But..but..butt...did you see the boobs? This is the day when the boobs die young.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:03 pm

robocop656 wrote:But..but..butt...did you see the boobs?
No nipples = no boobs.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10 am

I actually really liked The Wolves Die Young. Catchy chorus. I hope the rest of the album proves worthy.

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:40 pm

The Wolves Die Young is nice song, much better than most of their singles since Paid in Full. Still not liking that Christmas feel tho. The video sucks, like almost always.

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:27 am

I found the video intriguing but not memorable. I did help clarify the story of the song for me though.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 am

Southern_Cross wrote:It did help clarify the story of the song for me though.

Wait, how?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:33 am

I have worn this song out already listening to it on spotify too much...can't wait to hear the whole new album!
:bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pGp0kms-GEk?hl=fi_FI& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pGp0kms-GEk?hl=fi_FI&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:45 am

asdf
Last edited by AAAAAAAAAA on Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 am

Those tits look quite floppy. Didn't they have a stripper in the shitload of money video? In for the boobs.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm

robocop656 wrote:Didn't they have a stripper in the shitload of money video?
Doro was busy with Tolkki's court case.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:38 pm

New song

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RO5FPHFI6sI? ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RO5FPHFI6sI? ... ;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:27 am

Kmasters wrote:New song

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RO5FPHFI6sI? ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RO5FPHFI6sI? ... ;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Melody stuck in the head!

SatanicSmile

Post by SatanicSmile » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 am

Reminds of their demo days for some reason :lol:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:52 am

And here we go!

A track by track descrpition by all members!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MNTu3AImwM
Tony Kakko